Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests 09:17 - Aug 22 with 7382 viewsJackfath

I thought the folk of Planet Swans would enjoy this one.

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/offering-black-and-asian-people-free-eye

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 09:41 - Aug 22 with 2076 viewsmagicdaps10

Imagine the outcry if they said that only White people could have free eye tests!!!

This country is getting incredible.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 09:45 - Aug 22 with 2067 viewsJackfath

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 09:41 - Aug 22 by magicdaps10

Imagine the outcry if they said that only White people could have free eye tests!!!

This country is getting incredible.

Really?

I think people who have a more thoughtful and balanced viewpoint would disagree. If those groups of people (black and asians) are the most at risk then it's good sense to test them for free. You see it could (if they take up the offer) save money in the long run.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 09:45 - Aug 22 with 2067 viewsBigPhilG

I'm truly gobsmacked
Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 09:47 - Aug 22 with 2065 viewsHighjack

My Mexican Grandmother and her Nicuraguan bit of fluff are gutted they are missing out on this.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 09:48 - Aug 22 with 2064 viewsJackfath

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 09:45 - Aug 22 by BigPhilG

I'm truly gobsmacked

Why?

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 10:00 - Aug 22 with 2046 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Taking a hypothetical case, if people living close to heavy industrial plants were considered more likely to develop asthma and therefore offered screening over and above the rest of the population what would be wrong with that?

Extra screening for those most at risk of any medical condition seems eminently sensible to me.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 10:05 - Aug 22 with 2027 viewsMurph75

Not sure I'd wanted my face plastered all over the evening post because I'm complaining about people getting free eye tests based on the colour of their skin.
Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 10:07 - Aug 22 with 2021 viewsHighjack

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Login to get fewer ads

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 10:09 - Aug 22 with 2014 viewslifelong

I get free eye tests and I'm not Black or Asian.
Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 10:22 - Aug 22 with 1979 viewsHumpty

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 10:05 - Aug 22 by Murph75

Not sure I'd wanted my face plastered all over the evening post because I'm complaining about people getting free eye tests based on the colour of their skin.

But it's not fair mun!
Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 10:28 - Aug 22 with 1963 viewsDarran

So why are black and Asian people more likely to present themselves late for their sight problems then?

Isn't that racist in itself?

"Black and Asian people have smaller brains than white people hence them being thick as f*ck when it comes to knowing what an optician is"

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 10:39 - Aug 22 with 1939 viewsmagicdaps10

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 09:45 - Aug 22 by Jackfath

Really?

I think people who have a more thoughtful and balanced viewpoint would disagree. If those groups of people (black and asians) are the most at risk then it's good sense to test them for free. You see it could (if they take up the offer) save money in the long run.

So if you dont see anything wrong with the article then why post it!?!

If that is not the case then please put your view on it across to us all please.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 10:44 - Aug 22 with 1930 viewsJackfath

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 10:39 - Aug 22 by magicdaps10

So if you dont see anything wrong with the article then why post it!?!

If that is not the case then please put your view on it across to us all please.

I was putting it up as an interesting article which would stimulate debate. I have been proved right.

I offered my personal viewpoint in response to yours.

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 10:45 - Aug 22 with 1928 viewsDarran

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 10:44 - Aug 22 by Jackfath

I was putting it up as an interesting article which would stimulate debate. I have been proved right.

I offered my personal viewpoint in response to yours.

Thank you Fath it's a very interesting article.

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 11:27 - Aug 22 with 1882 viewsBigPhilG

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 09:48 - Aug 22 by Jackfath

Why?

Because everyone's equal and if it's free it should be for all
Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 11:33 - Aug 22 with 1869 viewsskippyjack

Superb idea.. let the people who haven't paid into the system for generations get freebies.. f*ck it, let all the refugees in, and we'll pay for all their free treatment, while us minimum wage folk will do as we're told by the fascist authority.

When did the UK become a fascist entity?.. allowing certain races to prosper above others?

what happened to 'equality', 'racial discrimination' and 'human rights'...

I'm waiting until they decide to cage us up... ready for the Holocaust.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 11:37 - Aug 22 with 1860 viewsskippyjack

If you're 'left' leaning.. how can you genuinely vote for the Labour party?..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 11:41 - Aug 22 with 1843 viewsskippyjack

At present one in ten people from a black and minority ethnic background over the age of 65 will experience serious sight loss. The unfortunate truth is that they are more likely to present themselves late for help with their sight problem and are therefore more likely to use a service that could save their sight.

1000s of white people with a genetic lineage of sight problems have to pay for their treatment.

This is a Welsh Govt spokesperson an all.. f*ck me.

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 11:55 - Aug 22 with 1812 viewslondonlisa2001

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 11:33 - Aug 22 by skippyjack

Superb idea.. let the people who haven't paid into the system for generations get freebies.. f*ck it, let all the refugees in, and we'll pay for all their free treatment, while us minimum wage folk will do as we're told by the fascist authority.

When did the UK become a fascist entity?.. allowing certain races to prosper above others?

what happened to 'equality', 'racial discrimination' and 'human rights'...

I'm waiting until they decide to cage us up... ready for the Holocaust.

When have you paid into the system Skippy?
Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 11:56 - Aug 22 with 1808 viewslondonlisa2001

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 11:41 - Aug 22 by skippyjack

At present one in ten people from a black and minority ethnic background over the age of 65 will experience serious sight loss. The unfortunate truth is that they are more likely to present themselves late for help with their sight problem and are therefore more likely to use a service that could save their sight.

1000s of white people with a genetic lineage of sight problems have to pay for their treatment.

It quite clearly says that if you have a genetic reason for sight problems then it's free.

Perhaps you should take them up on the offer given that you obviously didn't see that bit.
Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 12:01 - Aug 22 with 1800 viewslondonlisa2001

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 11:27 - Aug 22 by BigPhilG

Because everyone's equal and if it's free it should be for all

Do you think the same when it comes to security screening at airports? What with everyone being the same and all that.

Or are you happy for racial profiling to be used in those instances?

I might complain that I don't get a prostate exam offered on the NHS what with us all being equal. It's disgusting that I don't...
Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 12:01 - Aug 22 with 1796 viewsjack247

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 11:41 - Aug 22 by skippyjack

Rights or wrongs of it, if they are getting tested too late, through their own fault or not, they are going to cause the NHS more of a problem in later life than they will if they are given a free £15 eye test.

I'd say the long term unemployed are more of a drain on resources than blacks or Asians anyway.
Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 12:02 - Aug 22 with 1793 viewsDarran

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 12:01 - Aug 22 by londonlisa2001

Do you think the same when it comes to security screening at airports? What with everyone being the same and all that.

Or are you happy for racial profiling to be used in those instances?

I might complain that I don't get a prostate exam offered on the NHS what with us all being equal. It's disgusting that I don't...

That's a ridiculous post Lis.

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 12:03 - Aug 22 with 1790 viewslondonlisa2001

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 12:02 - Aug 22 by Darran

That's a ridiculous post Lis.

Thanks.
Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 12:05 - Aug 22 with 1785 viewsDarran

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 12:03 - Aug 22 by londonlisa2001

Thanks.

Pleasure.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024