Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The manager I wish we had at the club is... 16:06 - Aug 28 with 4815 viewsStarsky

... One that would only join us on the condition that he was responsible for the transfers in and out and the development of the team.

Guidolin is a gentleman but every time he says he's not responsible for the players coming in I despair.

It's just the internet, init.

The manager I wish we had at the club is... on 23:30 - Aug 30 with 665 viewsmax936

The manager I wish we had at the club is... on 22:50 - Aug 30 by monmouth

WE don't know how much input he has in the ins and outs though Max. There's a lot of speculation, and hot air. FGs english is not good enough to articulate what level of involvement he has, but I don't believe it is zero, and if it is, then it's far more likely to be Leadbetter and whoever else in that cabal than a jenkins power play in my opinion. I suspect (but I'm as ignorant as everyone else whatever they claim) is that FG identifies a type, Leadbetter et all (and through agents, maybe just through agents if not Boro or Falkirk based) identify a list, and jenkins tries to get them at minimum price...and if jenkins is to blame for anything it is because that is where we now seem to be missing out (more speculation, but that one is eminently believable).

We have just bought a few duds, We knew it was bound to happen. Whether it's in the identification, or scrooge tendency forcing us too far down the list, who knows. They've been the worst kind of duds too, expensive klingon duds, but they also produced Ayew .

Fair points Monny, but whats baffeling is that most Swans fans seem to see what we need, [well what we think we need] but the club doesn't seem to be addressing those areas, be interesting to see if anything happens tomorrow, but I'm not that confident, January is a no go I feel as there will be very few bargains if any about as clubs will want big bucks for their players especially clubs that may be in the mire, I doubt we'll be that desperate well I hope not, but who knows.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The manager I wish we had at the club is... on 06:45 - Aug 31 with 616 viewsDr_Winston

The manager I wish we had at the club is... on 22:14 - Aug 30 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Input into recruitment is fine, but being in charge of it as the OP implies....nope.

Laudrup was a bit of a freak in many ways - a total legend of the game who'd only managed pub teams in a league where there were at the time bargains to be found (For Michu's equivalent value now, see Baston).

Huw must have thought it was xmas - a legend as boss who identifies cheap signings with sell-on value. It was an amazing convergence of circumstances and we dined out on it all the way to Europe and the League Cup, but I doubt we can use it as a template to use as a way forwards.

Hoping we appoint an absolute gem like Brendan or Laudrup is too risky for me.

The problem is that we're seen as needing someone in charge. Obviously Huw handles the negotiations (for good or bad) but it should be a co-operative arrangement involving everyone. The stakes are too high to just bung players in front of a manager and tell him to get on with it. He has to be happy with whoever he gets.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The manager I wish we had at the club is... on 08:22 - Aug 31 with 582 viewsAnotherJohn

The manager I wish we had at the club is... on 17:26 - Aug 28 by harryhpalmer

not spin. very reliable sources. more than one incident.

The same sources who were continually briefing the media against Laudrup and brought us the Monk era? Personally I always thought Tutumlu's problem was his ego and a desire for more control, but he didn't take as much money as people think and brought us some good signings. I'd be interested to hear specifics of his dirty dealings if they exist, and I don't mean thinking about selling Williams to raise money for a striker.
The manager I wish we had at the club is... on 09:44 - Aug 31 with 538 viewsperchrockjack

stars.
Lets have a little fairness shall we.Even lifey pointed out the lack of investment in west wales as have many others. Its not new. Swansea centre is a dump. Its as it is and its why some get upset to see it not get what it deserves, which is regeneration on a grand scale.

My point is wand was, the City needs a lift. THE CLUB NEEDS A LIFT, Last thing we weant is denial.

Gq

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The manager I wish we had at the club is... on 09:47 - Aug 31 with 534 viewsSmellyplumz

I wish we had got Marcelo Bielsa as manager and he'd come in and snuffed out Huw using Chloroform, taking over complete control whilst laughing hysterically but producing has dropping football and free entry.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

The manager I wish we had at the club is... on 09:49 - Aug 31 with 531 viewsperchrockjack

stars.
Lets have a little fairness shall we.Even lifey pointed out the lack of investment in west wales as have many others. Its not new. Swansea centre is a dump. Its as it is and its why some get upset to see it not get what it deserves, which is regeneration on a grand scale.

My point is wand was, the City needs a lift. THE CLUB NEEDS A LIFT, Last thing we weant is denial.

Liverpool IS ONLY RELEVANT as its seen by some as a place of unrelenting filth complete with scum people,making out that Swansea isnt that bad, which it isnt .THE WHOLE POINT IS its my city ,not a neathies,monmouth,turk,or any valley warrior.

Slaggin off other cities doesn't make Swansea any better.

I

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The manager I wish we had at the club is... on 10:00 - Aug 31 with 514 viewsjack247

The manager I wish we had at the club is... on 09:49 - Aug 31 by perchrockjack

stars.

Liverpool IS ONLY RELEVANT as its seen by some as a place of unrelenting filth complete with scum people,making out that Swansea isnt that bad, which it isnt .THE WHOLE POINT IS its my city ,not a neathies,monmouth,turk,or any valley warrior.

Slaggin off other cities doesn't make Swansea any better.

I

Why does the city centre needing regeneration have to be brought into every other thread?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024