Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff more stadium expansion 18:49 - Aug 30 with 5699 viewsJackofdreambeach

Looking at walesonline. Another expansion on its way for Cardiff blues. 20000 arena and concert venue. Our regeneration experts are forever stuttering and dithering over city projects. Retail expansion and arena.....will it ever happen in Swansea? Not a soul in wag has a care by the looks either
Cardiff more stadium expansion on 12:44 - Aug 31 with 1535 viewsWingstandwood

Cardiff more stadium expansion on 11:53 - Aug 31 by CopperJack

We get the government we deserve. We've voted for over 20 years for a government that has ignored us, treated us with contempt, and centralised all the wealth of the country in their apparent ambitions to create a city-state. Why are people surprised?

No wonder they treat us so contemptuously; we vote for them regardless. We had our opportunity for change and we didn't take it. New bus & train stations, this new regeneration, continued expansion of the bay and an increasing number of architecturally-sound buildings in the city centre housing huge businesses and jobs they've centralised.

In 5 years time, we'll still be asking for them to back our city deal and our city centre regeneration plans. It's within their interests to keep Swansea and the rest of Wales without investment, so we all continue travelling there to spend our money. Nothing will ever change in our principality.

I am of the opinion that Cardiff is seen to be vastly lesser a 'donkey-vote-hotbed' than other South Wales area's etc by governing Labour Wag and more ballot-box-volatile and unpredictable. Hence IMO why Labour deliberately excludes and economically partitions many area's and deliberately keeps em poor........ Thinking?.... Poor area's = more Labour votes and electoral victories.

They want to kick SW Wales, Valley's etc into the dirt n' mud! It better suits the continuing and future prospects for Labour, its 'jobs for the boys' third sector and quango gravy train passengers etc. It's all a complete and utter farce and one despicable little game. We're all being taken for a ride!

Argus!

Cardiff more stadium expansion on 12:48 - Aug 31 with 1524 viewsAquinas

Swansea as a whole is a nice enough city but the walk from the train station to the top of wind street is like walking through a Walking Dead film set.

I've never seen a more dilapidated high street. It's the first impression for most visitors to the city.
Cardiff more stadium expansion on 13:09 - Aug 31 with 1512 viewsPrivate_Partz

Cardiff more stadium expansion on 19:24 - Aug 30 by lifelong

It seems to be the further West you go the worse it seems to get, if you think Swansea is bad take a walk through Haverfordwest Town centre.... Dreadful.

You don't need just to go West. Go North as well. Anywhere outside of the SE in fact. It is an investment and infastructure disaster. I always say we must be careful not to make this a Cardiff v Swansea thing but a SE v Rest of Wales. The thing is with Swansea Bay is the biggest population centre outside of the SE so a sh!t Swansea Centre will look worse and have a bigger impact than Haverfordwest. That is just an observation though. The whole of Wales is suffering as a result of Cardiff centric policies,
Cue those who think it all down to a better quality of local politician in the SE ffs.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Cardiff more stadium expansion on 13:13 - Aug 31 with 1510 viewsPrivate_Partz

Cardiff more stadium expansion on 23:30 - Aug 30 by Brynmill_Jack

Well why didn't you move away then? All you've done is make yourself angrier.
I was down the beach at half past five. The sun was blazing , the tide was in, the water was warm ad there were people having barbeques and enjoying themselves. It's not a sh*t hole, there are fewer cities better in the UK on a day like this. FACT

This is true. We have a bay. They have mudflats they call a bay. We will always be sexier but that is not to say some jobs and investment to improve the quality of the lives of us living here would not go amiss....

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Cardiff more stadium expansion on 13:21 - Aug 31 with 1506 viewsPrivate_Partz

Cardiff more stadium expansion on 07:59 - Aug 31 by angryjack

take the beach away and its a shit hole fact.

There are good and bad residential areas in Swansea. Same as any other city. If you are talking about the city centre then you have 100% agreement. No one can take the bay away, or Mumbles, or Gower so it does balance it out somewhat.
It's jobs and investment across the board that is needed. I often visit the City centre and it is getting worse by the day. Worse still the people are looking more and more downtrodden than ever. Yes you will always have the chavs, scroungers etc but this is a general observation.

Cardiff more stadium expansion on 13:23 - Aug 31 with 1504 viewsPrivate_Partz

Cardiff more stadium expansion on 08:09 - Aug 31 by Dr_Winston

You can't take the beach away though. Like it or not the setting is an intrinsic part of the city.

Again, this is the city council failing and hoping people will continue to blindly blame the WAG.

It is BOTH jeeeez ;-)

Cardiff more stadium expansion on 13:30 - Aug 31 with 1501 viewsWingstandwood

Cardiff more stadium expansion on 13:09 - Aug 31 by Private_Partz

You don't need just to go West. Go North as well. Anywhere outside of the SE in fact. It is an investment and infastructure disaster. I always say we must be careful not to make this a Cardiff v Swansea thing but a SE v Rest of Wales. The thing is with Swansea Bay is the biggest population centre outside of the SE so a sh!t Swansea Centre will look worse and have a bigger impact than Haverfordwest. That is just an observation though. The whole of Wales is suffering as a result of Cardiff centric policies,
Cue those who think it all down to a better quality of local politician in the SE ffs.

It is indeed a Cardiff v Rest Of Wales issue. RT Davies was candid to admit that the other day i.e. that outside of Cardiff there is no enthusiasm for a devolved Wales now. He even expressed concern of a future Brexit-esque scenario where the Welsh population would vote for a 'leave/abolish it' option if ever an opportunity to do so should ever arise.

Argus!

Cardiff more stadium expansion on 13:50 - Aug 31 with 1481 viewsPrivate_Partz

Cardiff more stadium expansion on 13:30 - Aug 31 by Wingstandwood

It is indeed a Cardiff v Rest Of Wales issue. RT Davies was candid to admit that the other day i.e. that outside of Cardiff there is no enthusiasm for a devolved Wales now. He even expressed concern of a future Brexit-esque scenario where the Welsh population would vote for a 'leave/abolish it' option if ever an opportunity to do so should ever arise.

Yep. I voted for WAG as I thought it would give opportunities for all areas to stake their claims for investment in their respective areas. How wrong I was . I voted for career politicians toeing the party line. Not sure where it will end. Maybe the electorate will wake up and actually vote in people who will actually represent their areas in and Assembly that actually has remit to govern the whole of Wales. If not I can see a groundswell of opinion to have the whole shooting match disbanded. A terrible legacy for Welsh Labour should that happen.

Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff more stadium expansion on 14:34 - Aug 31 with 1461 viewsfather_jack

Cardiff more stadium expansion on 13:30 - Aug 31 by Wingstandwood

i bet the vote to get rid would win too

DRINK, FECK, GIRRRRLLSSS!

Cardiff more stadium expansion on 14:39 - Aug 31 with 1456 viewsWingstandwood

Cardiff more stadium expansion on 14:34 - Aug 31 by father_jack

i bet the vote to get rid would win too

I agree..... I've heard/read quite a few people whose opinions about the WAG and devolution that now range from deeply disappointed with it to absolutely fuming.

Argus!

Cardiff more stadium expansion on 17:11 - Aug 31 with 1415 viewsjohnlangy

I'm in total agreement with ALL the criticisms in this thread re the Cardiff v Rest of Wales investment imbalance.

I just checked through the Wales online report re this potential development and found this little snippet.

'So, it would make sense for the Blues, Cardiff Athletic Club, Cardiff council and the Welsh Rugby Union, to set a working party to explore options.

And as many funding pots still lead to Cardiff Bay, why not invite the Welsh Government too?'

So they are saying quite blatantly, as so much funding goes into Cardiff Bay why not ask if the Welsh taxpayer will help fund our new stadium.

If anyone who reads this thread voted Labour in the Assembly election could you explain why you did so, in the face of the mountains of information regarding their contempt for the rest of Wales, not just Swansea.

This is not a criticism if you did because everyone's entitled to their opinion. It's just that I simply don't understand how anyone can think they are doing a good job. Where is the evidence that they deserve ANYONE'S vote outside of the South East.
Cardiff more stadium expansion on 17:41 - Aug 31 with 1405 viewsWingstandwood

Cardiff more stadium expansion on 17:11 - Aug 31 by johnlangy

I'm in total agreement with ALL the criticisms in this thread re the Cardiff v Rest of Wales investment imbalance.

I just checked through the Wales online report re this potential development and found this little snippet.

'So, it would make sense for the Blues, Cardiff Athletic Club, Cardiff council and the Welsh Rugby Union, to set a working party to explore options.

And as many funding pots still lead to Cardiff Bay, why not invite the Welsh Government too?'

So they are saying quite blatantly, as so much funding goes into Cardiff Bay why not ask if the Welsh taxpayer will help fund our new stadium.

If anyone who reads this thread voted Labour in the Assembly election could you explain why you did so, in the face of the mountains of information regarding their contempt for the rest of Wales, not just Swansea.

This is not a criticism if you did because everyone's entitled to their opinion. It's just that I simply don't understand how anyone can think they are doing a good job. Where is the evidence that they deserve ANYONE'S vote outside of the South East.

The ones that really get to me? The individuals that will attack the likes of yourself, me and others for expressing a concern about stuff like this and even defend the obscene actions of WAG/politicians responsible.

Take me for example? Attacked for raising the issue and posting of a SWEP story link about SW's Wales regional cancer head resigning in disgust at WAG policy. He made an effort to get vital funding for patients and Singleton Hospital that at the time of reporting did not have adequate scanning/radiotherapy facilities. The regional cancer head was rubbished on here also.

It beggars belief that certain individuals will attack an individual for wanting a cancer scanner in Singleton that at the time was desperately required i.e. there wasn't the required one there!
[Post edited 31 Aug 2016 17:52]

Argus!

Cardiff more stadium expansion on 18:35 - Aug 31 with 1388 viewsJackofdreambeach

Cardiff more stadium expansion on 17:11 - Aug 31 by johnlangy

It's not a level playing field. Didn't some Wales arts council chief Mr Talfan-Davies vote against Swansea being UK city of culture this year?
Hull went on and won it guaranteeing significant regeneration. Within 12 months the Arts council of Wales and various leading Cardiff business folk are putting a case to the British and WAG government for Cardiff to be considered European city of culture in 5 years time.
Rail.road,ferry,airport,city regeneration,enterprise zone status, jobs.....you can guess who gets the investment .
The announcement and fly throughs for the regeneration of Swansea are reworded plans that have been in the pipeline for over 20 years. Nothing or minimal progress made. Swansea estates and regeneration executives hang your heads in shame. But the spin always ends up being a smokescreen for endless student housing schemes. Where are the AM's in all this?
Cardiff more stadium expansion on 20:49 - Aug 31 with 1351 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Cardiff more stadium expansion on 18:35 - Aug 31 by Jackofdreambeach

It's not a level playing field. Didn't some Wales arts council chief Mr Talfan-Davies vote against Swansea being UK city of culture this year?
Hull went on and won it guaranteeing significant regeneration. Within 12 months the Arts council of Wales and various leading Cardiff business folk are putting a case to the British and WAG government for Cardiff to be considered European city of culture in 5 years time.
Rail.road,ferry,airport,city regeneration,enterprise zone status, jobs.....you can guess who gets the investment .
The announcement and fly throughs for the regeneration of Swansea are reworded plans that have been in the pipeline for over 20 years. Nothing or minimal progress made. Swansea estates and regeneration executives hang your heads in shame. But the spin always ends up being a smokescreen for endless student housing schemes. Where are the AM's in all this?

Talfan Davies is Cardiff born and bred. How the hell did he get a vote???

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Cardiff more stadium expansion on 08:34 - Sep 1 with 1325 viewsPrivate_Partz

I only saw this trailer quickly on the box but I belive there is a programme coming up about transport in Wales. Basically it is saying that WAG does not have the foresight or ambition to develope transport in Wales. I think it is on Monday at 8 on either ITV or BBC Cardiff. It will be interesting to see whether they look at Wales and highlight the laughable lack of infastructure. More like likely they will concentrate on the Cardiff Metro and the electrification of the valley lines and why it is not happening fast enough!

Cardiff more stadium expansion on 09:47 - Sep 1 with 1288 viewsjohnlangy

On the same theme re money going to Cardiff did anyone see the Cardiff Business School person speaking on yesterday's news about the Champions League Final being held in Cardiff at the end of the season ?

He was asked the usual question about the possible ongoing benefit of staging the final (the questioner didn't talk about the benefits all going to Cardiff but we all know it will). His answer was incredible. He virtually dismissed the possibility. He said that the financial boost of £45 million into the Cardiff economy was good but, in the overall scheme of things (he said the Cardiff economy was £15 - 20 billion) it's not going to make much difference. What an incredibly arrogant thing to say. Even as a one off Swansea would be desperate for that £45 million.

The only reason that the final is being staged there is because they have the Mill Stad. I've said many times before that each time there is a major event at the MS (rugby/football/major concerts etc) the Cardiff economy has £10 million pounds pumped into it. So, if there are say 30 large events each year (i'm sure there are many smaller ones which may not generate 75,000 spectators but would still be substantial) that's £300 million annually while this year it will be £350 million. And he just dismissed it !

I wonder when these arseholes (am I allowed to say that) are going to come and live in the real world like the rest of us.
Cardiff more stadium expansion on 12:23 - Sep 1 with 1265 viewsWingstandwood

Cardiff more stadium expansion on 08:34 - Sep 1 by Private_Partz

I only saw this trailer quickly on the box but I belive there is a programme coming up about transport in Wales. Basically it is saying that WAG does not have the foresight or ambition to develope transport in Wales. I think it is on Monday at 8 on either ITV or BBC Cardiff. It will be interesting to see whether they look at Wales and highlight the laughable lack of infastructure. More like likely they will concentrate on the Cardiff Metro and the electrification of the valley lines and why it is not happening fast enough!

I genuinely hope that programme does not pull any punches whatsoever and really lays into the WAG. I am getting increasingly cynical by any reporting and current affairs made by/coming from the Cardiff based media. Like you said it could end up just an intelligence insulting 'poor-old-suffering-Cardiff' load of complete and utter b'llocks.

I hope it rams home the fact that the WAG is a complete and utter disgrace and a waste of money of disgusting magnitude.

Argus!

Cardiff more stadium expansion on 14:08 - Sep 5 with 1183 viewsPrivate_Partz

Cardiff more stadium expansion on 12:23 - Sep 1 by Wingstandwood

I genuinely hope that programme does not pull any punches whatsoever and really lays into the WAG. I am getting increasingly cynical by any reporting and current affairs made by/coming from the Cardiff based media. Like you said it could end up just an intelligence insulting 'poor-old-suffering-Cardiff' load of complete and utter b'llocks.

I hope it rams home the fact that the WAG is a complete and utter disgrace and a waste of money of disgusting magnitude.

Bump. It is Wales This Week at 8pm on ITV Cardiff. WAG are claiming they are aiming for a transport system serving ALL parts of Wales. A CBI representative on the trailer was highlighting the problesms of Mid and West Wales. No mention of the North though with that joke of a road the A55.
This could be interesting as I have never seen any real transport initiative from WAG other than their fawning over the Cardiff City Deal and their metro associated with electrification of the valley lines.
Clashes with the footy though. How ironic....

Cardiff more stadium expansion on 14:18 - Sep 5 with 1169 viewsClinton

I voted for this lot on the 'list' section in the last assembly Election.
http://abolishthewelshassemblyparty.co.uk/
Unfortunately they didnt have local constituency candidate
Unfortunately they didnt gat many votes either.
Shame.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Cardiff more stadium expansion on 14:38 - Sep 5 with 1157 viewsPrivate_Partz

Cardiff more stadium expansion on 14:18 - Sep 5 by Clinton

I voted for this lot on the 'list' section in the last assembly Election.
http://abolishthewelshassemblyparty.co.uk/
Unfortunately they didnt have local constituency candidate
Unfortunately they didnt gat many votes either.
Shame.

I can see a groundswell of opinion in favour of this group if the Cardiff Centic policies continue. There seems a bit of an anomaly though as they want to abolish WAG but keep the 22 LAs. Surely 4 powerful LAs with ther own police, Health and Fire authorities would provide a sterner voice against WAG's policies and be big enough to fight their corner. This in preference to the 'divide and rule' that currently exists. An Assembly sitting above such a structure might very well work and we would have considerably less government which the organisation is looking for.

Cardiff more stadium expansion on 15:51 - Sep 5 with 1114 viewsyescomeon

Cardiff more stadium expansion on 19:24 - Aug 30 by lifelong

It seems to be the further West you go the worse it seems to get, if you think Swansea is bad take a walk through Haverfordwest Town centre.... Dreadful.

I grew up down the road, was home recently and went shopping in hwest for the first time since god knows when. Lucky I was only buy fancy dress and wanted to go in charity shops, as that is all that's left. Couldn't believe how bad it was. Only thing left in the market was the record shop, thank god because that is an incredible record shop.

Upthecity!

Cardiff more stadium expansion on 20:56 - Sep 5 with 1041 viewsWingstandwood

Cardiff more stadium expansion on 14:08 - Sep 5 by Private_Partz

Bump. It is Wales This Week at 8pm on ITV Cardiff. WAG are claiming they are aiming for a transport system serving ALL parts of Wales. A CBI representative on the trailer was highlighting the problesms of Mid and West Wales. No mention of the North though with that joke of a road the A55.
This could be interesting as I have never seen any real transport initiative from WAG other than their fawning over the Cardiff City Deal and their metro associated with electrification of the valley lines.
Clashes with the footy though. How ironic....

Just watched it, my take? There was a guy on it, he's in charge of Manchester Metro System....his name?.......Peter Cushing. That drew a parallel with me because both Cardiff based ITV Wales/BBC Wales treat the word 'Swansea' like a vampire would treat a crucifix. They avoid it with all costs. I did not hear the word Swansea mentioned once.

Apparently Wales according to the WAG minister in charge, ( and despite nearly 20 years of devolution) has an absolutely sh#te transport system because it's all someone else's fault i.e. Westminster. Apparently despite the Tories and donkey-voting-fan-boy's favourite i.e. Labour being in government for decades?...... Wales has been ignored for the last FIFTY years. Please note the Labour minister in the WAG had amnesia and failed to mention Labour's contribution to that.

Another thing? It looks like the Brexit vote will be a rather nice excuse for more of the usual i.e. 'absolutely-f#ck-all-happening' down this part of the world at least because of EU funding loss ? And from watching the program itself where the only thing that really mattered was (priority number one!) cars, trains and people getting back and forth into and from Cardiff.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2016 21:10]

Argus!

Cardiff more stadium expansion on 22:45 - Sep 5 with 1009 viewsPrivate_Partz

Cardiff more stadium expansion on 20:56 - Sep 5 by Wingstandwood

Just watched it, my take? There was a guy on it, he's in charge of Manchester Metro System....his name?.......Peter Cushing. That drew a parallel with me because both Cardiff based ITV Wales/BBC Wales treat the word 'Swansea' like a vampire would treat a crucifix. They avoid it with all costs. I did not hear the word Swansea mentioned once.

Apparently Wales according to the WAG minister in charge, ( and despite nearly 20 years of devolution) has an absolutely sh#te transport system because it's all someone else's fault i.e. Westminster. Apparently despite the Tories and donkey-voting-fan-boy's favourite i.e. Labour being in government for decades?...... Wales has been ignored for the last FIFTY years. Please note the Labour minister in the WAG had amnesia and failed to mention Labour's contribution to that.

Another thing? It looks like the Brexit vote will be a rather nice excuse for more of the usual i.e. 'absolutely-f#ck-all-happening' down this part of the world at least because of EU funding loss ? And from watching the program itself where the only thing that really mattered was (priority number one!) cars, trains and people getting back and forth into and from Cardiff.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2016 21:10]

Little surprise there then. The summing up on ITV Cardiff news tonight was not good as they highlighted the tunnels and Cardiff''s metro again. This dispute interviewing a lady lorry driver in N Wales where it was obvious the congestion was every bit as bad if not worse. All very depressing and very unsurprising.
Many thanks for that. You missed the footy as well for it. ;-)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024