Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Enner Valencia 21:04 - Aug 30 with 22312 viewsHeadmaster

It's going to be Valencia, isn't it? That's the striker we seem to be in for. God knows why, but there we are.

[Post edited 30 Aug 2016 21:15]
Enner Valencia on 13:24 - Aug 31 with 2696 viewstherealme

Enner Valencia on 12:49 - Aug 31 by marchamjack

To think that in this transfer window that we could genuinely have got Joey and Bony, 2 proven PL players that would have beyond reasonable argument have been an upgrade on what we had, compared to bringing in who we have (who may yet be great) and now likely Valencia...I have to say I'm disappointed to say the least.

This. So much. The mind boggles.

Francesco's black and white army ⚪️⚫️

Enner Valencia on 14:21 - Aug 31 with 2500 viewsJackSomething

Enner Valencia on 12:53 - Aug 31 by BlameHuwJenkins

Ayew sold for £20m.

Williams sold for £10m.

Sign Joe for £15m.

Sign Bony for £15m.

Any sane fan can see the logic. Both Williams and Ayew would have been pushing £80,000+ a week anyway. I'm sure Man City would subsidise the extra ~10-20k Bony would require and we could afford Joe if Stoke can too.

Complete inept from the man in charge of recruitment and the sooner he is gone the better.

While I'm also of the opinion that the takeover was very disappointing for many reasons and that this has been a poor summer for us, have to pick up a couple of your points.

Ayew and Williams were sold relatively late in the window, certainly after Joe had signed for Stoke. So at that time, we didn't have the £30m or so from those sales to spend. Even if we had, I don't think a central midfielder like Joe was exactly one of our most pressing needs. We have a fair few bodies in that position already. Joe may well be an upgrade on some of them, but that's debatable. This is guesswork, but I think if we could have got him at the start of the summer for around £8m, we wouldn't have bought Fer. Liverpool gambled that his value would go up after the Euros and they were proved correct. Once that happened and they could ask for £15m for him, I imagine we dropped our interest immediately. We signed Fer on the 5th July, a few days after Wales beat Belgium and the praise for the Welsh players had reached it's peak. Probably not a coincidence.

With Bony, it's already been mentioned that he may not have wanted to come back here. Stoke are probably seen as a bigger club (bigger stadium, spend more money) and it's close enough to Manchester that he doesn't have to move. Plus if we were interested in Wilf earlier in the summer, I imagine Man City were insisting on a sale rather than a loan. We then have a complicated deal to negotiate with them still owing us money, which has likely already been spent/allocated. Plus there's the wage drop to consider. Now, at the end of the window, they've resorted to a loan so at least a portion of his wages are off their books. We could have waited and not signed Llorente or Baston, but I think the majority would agree that's not good planning.

There's plenty of things to be unhappy/angry about at the moment concerning the Swans, but I don't agree that not signing Allen and Bony should be on that list.

On topic, I suppose Valencia is better than nobody, as at least he may rediscover his form here, but my gut feeling is that he'll be a disappointment if he does join. I'd rather another signing in the mould of Mawson, which would at least suggest we are still planning and looking at potential rather than just panicking after last weekend.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Enner Valencia on 14:25 - Aug 31 with 2468 viewsJoe_bradshaw

So, do we need Valencia as a third striker and if we do is Baston's injury problem more serious than we've been led to believe?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Enner Valencia on 14:26 - Aug 31 with 2454 viewsSmellyplumz

Enner Valencia on 14:25 - Aug 31 by Joe_bradshaw

So, do we need Valencia as a third striker and if we do is Baston's injury problem more serious than we've been led to believe?

Stop it Joe

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Enner Valencia on 14:28 - Aug 31 with 2441 viewsmax936

Enner Valencia on 14:21 - Aug 31 by JackSomething

While I'm also of the opinion that the takeover was very disappointing for many reasons and that this has been a poor summer for us, have to pick up a couple of your points.

Ayew and Williams were sold relatively late in the window, certainly after Joe had signed for Stoke. So at that time, we didn't have the £30m or so from those sales to spend. Even if we had, I don't think a central midfielder like Joe was exactly one of our most pressing needs. We have a fair few bodies in that position already. Joe may well be an upgrade on some of them, but that's debatable. This is guesswork, but I think if we could have got him at the start of the summer for around £8m, we wouldn't have bought Fer. Liverpool gambled that his value would go up after the Euros and they were proved correct. Once that happened and they could ask for £15m for him, I imagine we dropped our interest immediately. We signed Fer on the 5th July, a few days after Wales beat Belgium and the praise for the Welsh players had reached it's peak. Probably not a coincidence.

With Bony, it's already been mentioned that he may not have wanted to come back here. Stoke are probably seen as a bigger club (bigger stadium, spend more money) and it's close enough to Manchester that he doesn't have to move. Plus if we were interested in Wilf earlier in the summer, I imagine Man City were insisting on a sale rather than a loan. We then have a complicated deal to negotiate with them still owing us money, which has likely already been spent/allocated. Plus there's the wage drop to consider. Now, at the end of the window, they've resorted to a loan so at least a portion of his wages are off their books. We could have waited and not signed Llorente or Baston, but I think the majority would agree that's not good planning.

There's plenty of things to be unhappy/angry about at the moment concerning the Swans, but I don't agree that not signing Allen and Bony should be on that list.

On topic, I suppose Valencia is better than nobody, as at least he may rediscover his form here, but my gut feeling is that he'll be a disappointment if he does join. I'd rather another signing in the mould of Mawson, which would at least suggest we are still planning and looking at potential rather than just panicking after last weekend.

Good Post that JS.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Enner Valencia on 14:42 - Aug 31 with 2376 viewsdougie

Enner Valencia on 13:21 - Aug 31 by LeonisGod

Absolutely we should be able to compete with Stoke. We've finished above them more often than not since we reached the PL. Annoying assuming there was ever any genuine interest from us for either of those players (although I suspect Fer and Baston deals put an end to any interest we had in Joey/Bony). Fer has delivered with goals and Baston may yet, so things may work out.

Are you sure we can compete with stoke . I'm not sure we can

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Coates
Enner Valencia on 15:03 - Aug 31 with 2226 viewsWarwickHunt

Enner Valencia on 14:21 - Aug 31 by JackSomething

Good post. However, you didn't need a crystal ball to know that Ash and Ayew wanted out.
Enner Valencia on 15:28 - Aug 31 with 2124 viewsmalagajack

Will he be having his medical in Quito?
[Post edited 31 Aug 2016 15:30]
Login to get fewer ads

Enner Valencia (n/t) on 15:35 - Aug 31 with 2083 viewsDafyddHuw

Enner Valencia on 15:03 - Aug 31 by WarwickHunt

Good post. However, you didn't need a crystal ball to know that Ash and Ayew wanted out.

Enner Valencia on 15:37 - Aug 31 with 2066 viewsDafyddHuw

Enner Valencia on 15:03 - Aug 31 by WarwickHunt

What I don't understand is, granted that Williams wanted out, if that leaves us in the brown stuff, why didn't we just say "No"?

Everton didn't let Lukaku go. Plenty of clubs do it. Why do we have to be a soft touch?
Enner Valencia on 15:45 - Aug 31 with 1978 viewsReturn_of_the_Jack

Enner Valencia on 15:37 - Aug 31 by DafyddHuw

What I don't understand is, granted that Williams wanted out, if that leaves us in the brown stuff, why didn't we just say "No"?

Everton didn't let Lukaku go. Plenty of clubs do it. Why do we have to be a soft touch?

Our central defence has taken a major step back
Enner Valencia on 15:46 - Aug 31 with 1976 viewsQuakerJack

Enner Valencia on 15:37 - Aug 31 by DafyddHuw

Money... Huw needs a new Jag

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Enner Valencia on 15:48 - Aug 31 with 1952 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Rob Phillips seems confident..

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Enner Valencia on 15:50 - Aug 31 with 1922 viewsmonmouth

Enner Valencia on 15:46 - Aug 31 by QuakerJack

Money... Huw needs a new Jag

He still buys Skodas man.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Enner Valencia on 15:52 - Aug 31 with 1899 viewsraynor94

Enner Valencia on 15:28 - Aug 31 by malagajack

Will he be having his medical in Quito?
[Post edited 31 Aug 2016 15:30]

As it's a loan deal, I would imagine so, looks like it's about to happen

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Enner Valencia on 15:54 - Aug 31 with 1870 viewsmalagajack

Enner Valencia on 15:52 - Aug 31 by raynor94

As it's a loan deal, I would imagine so, looks like it's about to happen

I hope Montero took a spare swans shirt with him to hold up for the Photo
Enner Valencia on 15:59 - Aug 31 with 1826 viewsjojaca

Enner Valencia on 15:54 - Aug 31 by malagajack

I hope Montero took a spare swans shirt with him to hold up for the Photo

I can't wait for this f***ing overhyped transfer window to close, I can get on with my life instead of checking phone every five minutes. Hopefully I will see sense not to book holidays around transfer deadline today next time.

Even when you know, you never know?

Enner Valencia on 16:39 - Aug 31 with 1579 viewsLandore_Jack

#backtojack

Enner Valencia on 16:47 - Aug 31 with 1502 viewsBlameHuwJenkins

Enner Valencia on 16:39 - Aug 31 by Landore_Jack

Well I guess that loan deal to us is off.

After all, "Once Everton have touched you.."
Enner Valencia on 16:47 - Aug 31 with 1502 viewsJango

Enner Valencia on 16:39 - Aug 31 by Landore_Jack

We are p*ss poor at getting deals done quickly
Enner Valencia on 16:51 - Aug 31 with 1446 viewsmagicdaps10

Seen and heard it all before.

Seems that we have left things linger on to long or have come in to late on things.

Same old.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Enner Valencia on 16:53 - Aug 31 with 1400 viewsGriffting

So we're not even going to get the guy that nobody wants?? Doesn't sound like the swans.
Enner Valencia on 16:55 - Aug 31 with 1380 viewsraynor94

At least let's wait for the outcome, until the wailing and gnashing of teeth begins

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Enner Valencia on 16:59 - Aug 31 with 1328 viewsAustinIsOurHero

so we spend all day going for one sh*t player... and can't even get that done!! Bravo Swansea, B.R.A.V.O

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Enner Valencia on 17:05 - Aug 31 with 1262 viewsBorojack

Enner Valencia on 16:59 - Aug 31 by AustinIsOurHero

so we spend all day going for one sh*t player... and can't even get that done!! Bravo Swansea, B.R.A.V.O

You cant force a player to sign do you think his agent would be touting him about today.
We are a small fish in the PL compared to the likes of Everton.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024