Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Little old Swansea 19:27 - Aug 31 with 4224 viewsjesushchrist

With Williams going to Everton and looking like them pinching Valencia at the eleventh hour, I wonder how many teams would be classed smaller than ourselves.
Apart from them being taken over and having some money thrown at it I honestly don't see Everton as a bigger team, being in the league since day one doesn't make a big team.

Little old Swansea on 19:29 - Aug 31 with 2657 viewsshandyjack

Everton are a far bigger club than us

Poll: Expectation for the season

Little old Swansea on 19:34 - Aug 31 with 2606 viewsjesushchrist

Little old Swansea on 19:29 - Aug 31 by shandyjack

Everton are a far bigger club than us

Hey Shandy

So in your opinion what makes them a far bigger club?
Little old Swansea on 19:59 - Aug 31 with 2474 viewsmorningstar

Little old Swansea on 19:34 - Aug 31 by jesushchrist

Hey Shandy

So in your opinion what makes them a far bigger club?

At a guess, though on a far bigger scale obviously, the exact same reasons as why Real Madrid are a far bigger club than us!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Little old Swansea on 20:11 - Aug 31 with 2370 viewsjesushchrist

Little old Swansea on 19:59 - Aug 31 by morningstar

At a guess, though on a far bigger scale obviously, the exact same reasons as why Real Madrid are a far bigger club than us!

Ok fare enough, but Real Madrid win trophys every year, a so called big team like Everton has won nothing since 1995..and that was the FA cup.
Everyone has their own opinions of course.
Little old Swansea on 20:13 - Aug 31 with 2345 viewsclloy2

Little old Swansea on 19:59 - Aug 31 by morningstar

I can think of a few reasons:-
40,000 odd season ticket holders
Winning major trophies
Numerous seasons in the top flight (not sure if they have ever been out)
And a billionaire owner who really does look like he's taking them to the next level
Little old Swansea on 20:18 - Aug 31 with 2282 viewsUplandsJack

Little old Swansea on 20:13 - Aug 31 by clloy2

Winning major trophies
And a billionaire owner who really does look like he's taking them to the next level

Plain and simple..... This!
Little old Swansea on 20:21 - Aug 31 with 2246 viewsjesushchrist

I won't argue that they have a richer history, but you have to go back over 30 years to find their last major trophy.
Would you consider Stoke to be a bigger club?
Little old Swansea on 20:21 - Aug 31 with 2243 viewsMorganator100

I hope that you aren't serious thinking that Swansea are the same size club as Everton.
Login to get fewer ads

Little old Swansea on 20:22 - Aug 31 with 2232 viewsAnotherJohn

Everton seem to have laid out £30m for Sissoko as well. The world seems to have changed in this window - although not for us.
Little old Swansea on 20:25 - Aug 31 with 2198 viewsjesushchrist

Little old Swansea on 20:22 - Aug 31 by AnotherJohn

Everton seem to have laid out £30m for Sissoko as well. The world seems to have changed in this window - although not for us.

The new owner sure is having a go, although if we splashed out the money they have on players like bolasie and sissoko I wouldn't feel very confident.
Little old Swansea on 20:30 - Aug 31 with 2147 viewsLoyal

Little old Swansea on 20:13 - Aug 31 by clloy2

Winning major trophies

Historically and presently - a bigger club.
Recently trophy wise no.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Little old Swansea on 20:31 - Aug 31 with 2138 viewsmorningstar

Little old Swansea on 20:21 - Aug 31 by jesushchrist

I won't argue that they have a richer history, but you have to go back over 30 years to find their last major trophy.

Yes they are! Can i just politely ask where you're going with this, as quite frankly you seem to be making a bit of a c0ck of yourself!

Little old Swansea on 20:32 - Aug 31 with 2111 viewslondonlisa2001

Little old Swansea on 20:25 - Aug 31 by jesushchrist

The new owner sure is having a go, although if we splashed out the money they have on players like bolasie and sissoko I wouldn't feel very confident.

Why exactly do you care what we splash out?

Why does it matter? Are you going to get a cheaper ticket, or are the new owners going to get a bigger dividend?

Why does everyone go on about spending money? It's not 'our club' anymore - why does it matter?
Little old Swansea on 20:33 - Aug 31 with 2102 viewsjesushchrist

Little old Swansea on 20:31 - Aug 31 by morningstar

Yes they are! Can i just politely ask where you're going with this, as quite frankly you seem to be making a bit of a c0ck of yourself!

Sorry all knowing one.
Little old Swansea on 20:36 - Aug 31 with 2054 viewsRancid

Forget about how big can we be as Swans fans cos we'll never be a big club.With us it's how good we can be and always will.
Little old Swansea on 20:38 - Aug 31 with 2030 viewsmorningstar

Little old Swansea on 20:33 - Aug 31 by jesushchrist

Sorry all knowing one.

No need to apologise, i was simply expecting some sort of reasoning behind why you think we are as big a club as Stoke and Everton?

Little old Swansea on 20:45 - Aug 31 with 1959 viewsLeonisGod

Little old Swansea on 20:38 - Aug 31 by morningstar

No need to apologise, i was simply expecting some sort of reasoning behind why you think we are as big a club as Stoke and Everton?

We should be able to compete with Stoke imo - at least in terms of results if not buying power. We were doing so quite nicely, despite their richer owner - we've been more successful than them since we came up. I always thought of them as direct competition for us. So on that basis, I'd say we need to view Stoke as a similar size to us.(although I'm not so sure now after the last 12 months or so - we seem to be going backwards a bit).

But we'll see. Their signings may turn out to be another false dawn for them (they've had a few). And, after all, they still haven't won a game yet this season.
Little old Swansea on 20:55 - Aug 31 with 1907 viewsjesushchrist

Little old Swansea on 20:45 - Aug 31 by LeonisGod

We should be able to compete with Stoke imo - at least in terms of results if not buying power. We were doing so quite nicely, despite their richer owner - we've been more successful than them since we came up. I always thought of them as direct competition for us. So on that basis, I'd say we need to view Stoke as a similar size to us.(although I'm not so sure now after the last 12 months or so - we seem to be going backwards a bit).

But we'll see. Their signings may turn out to be another false dawn for them (they've had a few). And, after all, they still haven't won a game yet this season.

Agree 100 percent with you there, isn't it great to have an opinion without being called a cock.
Little old Swansea on 20:57 - Aug 31 with 1894 viewsSwaneeRiver

Makes me laugh. Lots of posters on here were criticizing signing Valencia, along the theme of "He's not good enough for us" and "He's no better than those already here".
Then when it looks as if a much bigger club with a long history of top level success (never been relegated, etc) we are moaning how we can't get him because we are "Little Ol' Swansea".
We are not competing with many clubs at our level - fact.
The day we pay £30 million for average players, then I'll really worry about our future.
Truth is if some of our fans were underwhelmed with Valencia, he's clearly underwhelmed with Swansea. Get used to it.
Little old Swansea on 21:04 - Aug 31 with 1849 viewspencoedjack

Little old Swansea on 20:21 - Aug 31 by jesushchrist

Lets see if Stokes new centre forward scores more than our new one hey fella

They paid over the odds for Joey too.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2016 21:05]
Little old Swansea on 21:07 - Aug 31 with 1816 viewstylagarwjack

Little old Swansea on 21:04 - Aug 31 by pencoedjack

Lets see if Stokes new centre forward scores more than our new one hey fella

They paid over the odds for Joey too.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2016 21:05]

Well with the likes of Bojan and Shaqiri in the team and Joe Allen pulling the strings a bit deeper he's got every chance of doing very well.
Little old Swansea on 21:08 - Aug 31 with 1811 viewsmorningstar

Little old Swansea on 20:55 - Aug 31 by jesushchrist

Agree 100 percent with you there, isn't it great to have an opinion without being called a cock.

Oh shut up you fanny!

Little old Swansea on 21:10 - Aug 31 with 1785 viewspencoedjack

Little old Swansea on 21:07 - Aug 31 by tylagarwjack

Well with the likes of Bojan and Shaqiri in the team and Joe Allen pulling the strings a bit deeper he's got every chance of doing very well.

Well lets be honest things can only get better for Stoke ....

Obviously Joey 'pulling the strings' isn't currently working
Little old Swansea on 21:14 - Aug 31 with 1754 viewsmorningstar

Little old Swansea on 20:45 - Aug 31 by LeonisGod

We can't keep pulling rabbits out of the hat forever. We either become able to compete financially with clubs like Stoke (or anyone else for that matter) or we fall behind them. It's not difficult too understand that surely. Though it does seem that you are at least starting too recognise the fact "(although I'm not so sure now after the last 12 months or so - we seem to be going backwards a bit). "

Little old Swansea on 21:14 - Aug 31 with 1750 viewstylagarwjack

Little old Swansea on 21:10 - Aug 31 by pencoedjack

Well lets be honest things can only get better for Stoke ....

Obviously Joey 'pulling the strings' isn't currently working

Well I hope it does continue but you'd have to say the quality in their team should mean they rise up the table, no guarantees of course.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024