Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Borja or Llorente? 21:57 - Sep 21 with 9833 viewsbiggar

Hello all,
Not seen tonight's game but for those who have, who do you think will be leading the line when Borja is 100% fit??

I know he's had poor service but Llorente hasn't convinced me one bit.
Borja or Llorente? on 18:46 - Sep 22 with 1823 viewsMurph75

Borja or Llorente? on 18:34 - Sep 22 by A_Fans_Dad

He has had more Service than both Fer & Sigi who have both taken their chances and scored.
Fer 3 times.OK so one of the goals came from Llorente's attempt on goal.
Can you actually agrue with that?

He has also had more service than Fulton & McBurnie who both scored against Peterborough.

It is about taking what chances you do have and up till now he has not managed to do so, mostly due to inaccuracy and slowness. Maybe he will come good and score as many as Gomis per season.

Let's see if Borja manages to score any goals in 5 games.

It's a lot easier for someone to score who's playing facing the goals and coming from deep.

He's a lone front man who needs to thrive off balls in to the box. He's often playing with his back to goal. We've created absolutely nothing inside the box for him.

It's like asking someone to wire a plug with a spanner instead of using a screwdriver.
Borja or Llorente? on 07:49 - Sep 23 with 1718 viewsbuilthjack

Borja

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Borja or Llorente? on 08:10 - Sep 23 with 1697 viewsDr_Winston

Striker in "struggling due to lack of consistent service to attack" shock. Been a recurring theme for two or three years.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Borja or Llorente? on 09:51 - Sep 23 with 1649 viewsbiggar

Borja or Llorente? on 18:29 - Sep 22 by Loyal

Out for 4 months apparently .....

Where have you seen that?
Borja or Llorente? on 10:00 - Sep 23 with 1627 views34dfgdf54

Borja or Llorente? on 08:10 - Sep 23 by Dr_Winston

Striker in "struggling due to lack of consistent service to attack" shock. Been a recurring theme for two or three years.

I said all of last season, Gomis was a decent striker just living on scraps. Fans see a striker not scoring goals and automatically jump the conclusion they are sh*t.

Llorente, like Gomis before him, is a decent player playing in a poor side.
Borja or Llorente? on 13:33 - Sep 23 with 1578 viewsperplex

Borja or Llorente? on 18:15 - Sep 22 by Murph75

He's never had any pace so I can't see why this would be a problem now?

The lad has had no service whatsoever since he's been in the side. What's he supposed to do?

Read my post i state clearly he was never the fastest but he has now become even slower hence he`s finished as a top class footballer, guy`s can go on about lack of service or playing in a poor team all they like for even if he was having better service the guy has become to much of a cart horse to take advantage of it.
Borja or Llorente? on 15:04 - Sep 23 with 1541 viewsjack247

Borja or Llorente? on 13:33 - Sep 23 by perplex

Read my post i state clearly he was never the fastest but he has now become even slower hence he`s finished as a top class footballer, guy`s can go on about lack of service or playing in a poor team all they like for even if he was having better service the guy has become to much of a cart horse to take advantage of it.

The Llorente of 10 years ago wouldn't have done any better with the service he has been getting.

You may be right, he may be over the hill, but you can't make that call with any conviction based on the games he has played for us.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2016 15:05]
Borja or Llorente? on 18:18 - Sep 23 with 1508 viewsperplex

Borja or Llorente? on 15:04 - Sep 23 by jack247

The Llorente of 10 years ago wouldn't have done any better with the service he has been getting.

You may be right, he may be over the hill, but you can't make that call with any conviction based on the games he has played for us.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2016 15:05]

Well time will hopefully help you see the light, Llorente is finished as a top class footballer, by all mean`s pull me up on this statement later in the season should he prove me wrong, but i very much doubt he will prove me wrong.
Login to get fewer ads

Borja or Llorente? on 18:30 - Sep 23 with 1495 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Play the 2 of them tomorrow & lump it up to them .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Borja or Llorente? on 11:01 - Oct 24 with 1339 viewsLegend83

Didn't see the Watford game but how did these guys get on?

Is Borja looking match fit yet? Did he contribute?

Worried it didn't sound like he had many chances against a team like Watford where I would have been expecting him to be a threat.
Borja or Llorente? on 11:04 - Oct 24 with 1334 viewsjack247

Borja or Llorente? on 11:01 - Oct 24 by Legend83

Worried it didn't sound like he had many chances against a team like Watford where I would have been expecting him to be a threat.

We had a lot of possession in their half but didn't create many meaningful chances. He played reasonably well, wasn't spectacular. Llorente made a difference when he came on. He is far from finished, but will only be effective if we get players around him
Borja or Llorente? on 11:09 - Oct 24 with 1321 viewsLeonisGod

A game where teams sit back, like Watford, I'd start with Llorente. More open games, Borja is probably the better option. Both need to find their scoring boots though.
Borja or Llorente? on 11:12 - Oct 24 with 1305 viewsLegend83

Borja or Llorente? on 11:09 - Oct 24 by LeonisGod

A game where teams sit back, like Watford, I'd start with Llorente. More open games, Borja is probably the better option. Both need to find their scoring boots though.

Yes, I thought the confidence-booster of breaking his duck at Arsenal would lead to his name popping up a lot more frequently on the BBC text...
Borja or Llorente? on 11:16 - Oct 24 with 1296 viewsperchrockjack

Both
Be brave

Attack

Have a midfield thst can truly support .

Go for it

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Borja or Llorente? on 11:38 - Oct 24 with 1264 viewsMurph75

Borja or Llorente? on 13:33 - Sep 23 by perplex

He seemed like a different player when he came on Saturday. We played much more to his strengths and as a such saw what he's got to offer.
Borja or Llorente? on 11:58 - Oct 24 with 1192 viewsPapaLazarou

One of the positives that I could take from Satiurday's game is that we did look threatening with both Borja and Llorente playing upfront. Could be something that we could try from the start in certain games.

Perhaps a 4-3-1-2:

Fabianski

Naughton
Mawson
Van Der Hoorn
Kingsley

Britton
Ki
Fer

Sigurdsson

Llorente
Borja

Obviously, this would require the full backs to give us our width. Kingsley's shown he's got a decent delivery. It's definitely something to consider though IMO.
Borja or Llorente? on 12:28 - Oct 24 with 1147 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Borja or Llorente? on 11:01 - Oct 24 by Legend83

Borja does not look like a lone front man at all. He hasn't got the strength to hold the ball up and defenders brush him aside far too easily. Llorente showed him how it's done when he came on and there is reason to be optimistic that they can work together as a pair. If we continue to play one up front it has to be Llorente for me.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Borja or Llorente? on 12:36 - Oct 24 with 1131 views34dfgdf54

Borja or Llorente? on 12:28 - Oct 24 by Joe_bradshaw

Borja does not look like a lone front man at all. He hasn't got the strength to hold the ball up and defenders brush him aside far too easily. Llorente showed him how it's done when he came on and there is reason to be optimistic that they can work together as a pair. If we continue to play one up front it has to be Llorente for me.

I didn't see the game Saturday, but it is mad how different opinions are, one guy was on here after the game saying he nearly as good as Bony in terms of holding it up.

I have faith in both of them, just not sure we can supply the service needed.
Borja or Llorente? on 12:55 - Oct 24 with 1101 viewsjack247

Borja or Llorente? on 12:36 - Oct 24 by 34dfgdf54

I didn't see the game Saturday, but it is mad how different opinions are, one guy was on here after the game saying he nearly as good as Bony in terms of holding it up.

I have faith in both of them, just not sure we can supply the service needed.

Llorente was, Borja isn't that type of player
Borja or Llorente? on 12:59 - Oct 24 with 1091 viewsFireboy

I think after how well they linked up when llorente came on we will probably see them both starting in a 4 4 2

Baston is more like a no 10 and llorente a no 9

Siggy looked lost in the 1st half when playing just behind Baston so he could do better with llorente so there are a few options to go at
Borja or Llorente? on 13:01 - Oct 24 with 1088 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Borja or Llorente? on 11:58 - Oct 24 by PapaLazarou

One of the positives that I could take from Satiurday's game is that we did look threatening with both Borja and Llorente playing upfront. Could be something that we could try from the start in certain games.

Perhaps a 4-3-1-2:

Fabianski

Naughton
Mawson
Van Der Hoorn
Kingsley

Britton
Ki
Fer

Sigurdsson

Llorente
Borja

Obviously, this would require the full backs to give us our width. Kingsley's shown he's got a decent delivery. It's definitely something to consider though IMO.

I'd go for this Saturday

The Swansea way has long gone

Borja or Llorente? on 13:17 - Oct 24 with 1056 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Borja or Llorente? on 13:01 - Oct 24 by oh_tommy_tommy

I'd go for this Saturday

The Swansea way has long gone

Ki and no wingers, you jest surely.
Borja or Llorente? on 13:28 - Oct 24 with 1033 viewswhiterock

Leon definitely faded on Saturday but I would always start him and look to make a change on 50 minutes
Borja or Llorente? on 13:53 - Oct 24 with 983 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Borja or Llorente? on 13:28 - Oct 24 by whiterock

Leon definitely faded on Saturday but I would always start him and look to make a change on 50 minutes

Cork & Fer need to get fitter, their fitness is very poor .

Britton can step down then ,starting him knowing he'll blow up after an hour ain't the way forward

Borja or Llorente? on 14:41 - Oct 24 with 927 viewsPapaLazarou

Borja or Llorente? on 13:17 - Oct 24 by A_Fans_Dad

Ki and no wingers, you jest surely.

It should be obvious by now that Ki is one of the "favourites" and is going to start most of the games.

Also as mentioned, the "Swansea way" is long gone - going more direct could definitely be worth a try, it's not really as if any of our wingers are consistently playing well either!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024