Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Iron Maiden in Cardiff 09:04 - Sep 23 with 4646 viewsDarran

If anyone's interested.

Iron Maiden Book Of Souls European tour 2017
Apr 22: Antwerp Sportpaleis, Belgium
Apr 24: Oberhausen Konig Pilsener Arena, Germany
Apr 28: Frankfurt Festhalle, Germany
May 02: Hamburg Barclaycard Arena, Germany
May 04: Nottingham, Motorpoint Arena, UK
May 06: Dublin 3arena, Ireland
May 08: Manchester Arena, UK
May 10: Sheffield Arena, UK
May 11: Leeds First Direct Arena, UK
May 14: Newcastle Metro Radio Arena, UK
May 16: Glasgow SSE Hydro Arena, UK
May 17: Aberdeen AECC GE Oil & Gas Arena, UK
May 20: Liverpool Echo Arena, UK
May 21: Birmingham Barclaycard Arena, UK
May 24: Cardiff Motorpoint Arena, UK
May 27: London O2 Arena, UK
[Post edited 23 Sep 2016 9:53]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Iron Maiden in Catdiff on 09:08 - Sep 23 with 2831 viewsItchySphincter

Does anyone care these days?

What happened to the summer festival thing they were supposed to be doing at the Lib?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Iron Maiden in Catdiff on 09:42 - Sep 23 with 2810 viewsscottishjack

Happy days! Someone leaked a poster last week so I've just been waiting for the dates to be confirmed. One of the great live bands!
Iron Maiden in Cardiff on 10:58 - Sep 23 with 2755 viewsLoyal

Bands like these should be doing free gigs.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Iron Maiden in Cardiff on 11:31 - Sep 23 with 2733 viewsLeonisGod

Saw them loads of times in the late 80s / early 90s. Wonder if they've still got it?
Iron Maiden in Cardiff on 15:36 - Sep 23 with 2669 viewsMuteswan

Iron Maiden in Cardiff on 11:31 - Sep 23 by LeonisGod

Saw them loads of times in the late 80s / early 90s. Wonder if they've still got it?

Quite a few years ago, can't remember exactly when, my son had two tickets for Maiden at Cardiff and his mate couldn't go so I volunteered to take him there. I was never a great fan but thought I'd see what all the fuss was about . Turned out to be one of my favourite gigs ever! Along with Yes and Rory Gallagher. Bruce Dickinson must have run miles that night around the set, but it was so LOUD !
Iron Maiden in Cardiff on 20:10 - Sep 23 with 2596 viewsJack_Meoff

Iron Maiden in Cardiff on 15:36 - Sep 23 by Muteswan

Quite a few years ago, can't remember exactly when, my son had two tickets for Maiden at Cardiff and his mate couldn't go so I volunteered to take him there. I was never a great fan but thought I'd see what all the fuss was about . Turned out to be one of my favourite gigs ever! Along with Yes and Rory Gallagher. Bruce Dickinson must have run miles that night around the set, but it was so LOUD !

Aye Bruce gets about eh! One of my first gigs was Donnington '88, Maiden headlining. Seen them a few times since, always ace despite not really liking any post '84 stuff. Early stuff fantastic. Saw Yes in the NEC in '91, absolute legends! 'Awaken' was a real highlight. My mate and I were kipping in a doorway of the NEC that night (as you do!), so we decided to hang around and meet the band. Got Jon Anderson and Alan White's autographs. We asked why they didn't play Starship Trooper and JA said it was 'because they were saving it for the American dates.' Kents!
[Post edited 23 Sep 2016 20:10]

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Iron Maiden in Cardiff on 20:25 - Sep 23 with 2582 viewsDr_Winston

Saw them on the Final Frontier tour a couple of years ago (thanks Blaze!) and they were excellent.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Iron Maiden in Cardiff on 20:57 - Sep 23 with 2560 viewsLeonisGod

Iron Maiden in Cardiff on 20:25 - Sep 23 by Dr_Winston

Saw them on the Final Frontier tour a couple of years ago (thanks Blaze!) and they were excellent.

Good to hear. I'd hate to think they'd turned into geriatrics like Cheap Trick
Login to get fewer ads

Iron Maiden in Cardiff on 21:13 - Sep 23 with 2552 viewsLord_Bony

Iron Maiden in Cardiff on 20:10 - Sep 23 by Jack_Meoff

Aye Bruce gets about eh! One of my first gigs was Donnington '88, Maiden headlining. Seen them a few times since, always ace despite not really liking any post '84 stuff. Early stuff fantastic. Saw Yes in the NEC in '91, absolute legends! 'Awaken' was a real highlight. My mate and I were kipping in a doorway of the NEC that night (as you do!), so we decided to hang around and meet the band. Got Jon Anderson and Alan White's autographs. We asked why they didn't play Starship Trooper and JA said it was 'because they were saving it for the American dates.' Kents!
[Post edited 23 Sep 2016 20:10]

I was aslo at that 88 Donnington Monsters of Rock when they were headlining. The vid for Guns n Roses Paradise City was shot in that gig as you know.

Seen them about 4 times but the last time I saw them in Cardiff was the best seat ever by a fluke we ended up in the balcony front row centre brilliant view...and so glad these days they play mainly their greatest hits rather than obscure album tracks.

True rock gods...maybe I ll get to this one but it will sell fast.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Iron Maiden in Cardiff on 21:19 - Sep 23 with 2536 viewsBLAZE

Bruce is a bit screechy these days, but there isn't a better frontman in metal

Iron Maiden in Cardiff on 21:20 - Sep 23 with 2533 viewsDarran

Iron Maiden in Cardiff on 20:57 - Sep 23 by LeonisGod

Prick.

Iron Maiden in Cardiff on 21:33 - Sep 23 with 2514 viewsDr_Winston

Iron Maiden in Cardiff on 21:19 - Sep 23 by BLAZE

Bruce is a bit screechy these days, but there isn't a better frontman in metal

Can't be easy to sing like Bruce for 100+ shows on tour.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Iron Maiden in Cardiff on 22:08 - Sep 23 with 2486 viewsJack_Meoff

Iron Maiden in Cardiff on 21:13 - Sep 23 by Lord_Bony

I was aslo at that 88 Donnington Monsters of Rock when they were headlining. The vid for Guns n Roses Paradise City was shot in that gig as you know.

Seen them about 4 times but the last time I saw them in Cardiff was the best seat ever by a fluke we ended up in the balcony front row centre brilliant view...and so glad these days they play mainly their greatest hits rather than obscure album tracks.

True rock gods...maybe I ll get to this one but it will sell fast.

Mate you'll remember that it was the gig that two kids got crushed during GnR. I called my folks about half 2 from a services (way pre mobile!) and their relief was tangible. I didn't even know til then. Was 15 at the time and absolutely indestructible, wandering around Donnington on my own with a proper 80s mullet - oh happy days!

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Iron Maiden in Cardiff on 22:29 - Sep 23 with 2465 viewsLord_Bony

I think one got killed during the Van Halen set...106,000 people there that day Maidens largest UK gig.

If you fell down in that lot on that sloping field you would not get up again for sure...one giant mosh pit.

Brilliant headliners though....

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Iron Maiden in Cardiff on 22:36 - Sep 23 with 2445 viewsBLAZE

Donington '88 I was 3 months old. Amazing line up though - Megadeth, Helloween...
Iron Maiden in Cardiff on 22:39 - Sep 23 with 2439 viewsJack_Meoff

Iron Maiden in Cardiff on 22:29 - Sep 23 by Lord_Bony

I think one got killed during the Van Halen set...106,000 people there that day Maidens largest UK gig.

If you fell down in that lot on that sloping field you would not get up again for sure...one giant mosh pit.

Brilliant headliners though....

Not to be a pedant but both were during GnR. It wasn't Van Halen either it was Dave Lee Roth solo, with Steve Vai on guitar.

Kiss were hammy as fook too. It was also the first time they'd played under a band that had previously supported them. That had been their stance beforehand.

No arguments on the headliners comment mind
[Post edited 23 Sep 2016 22:56]

Iron Maiden in Cardiff on 22:41 - Sep 23 with 2428 viewsJack_Meoff

Iron Maiden in Cardiff on 22:36 - Sep 23 by BLAZE

Donington '88 I was 3 months old. Amazing line up though - Megadeth, Helloween...

Kin feel my age after reading that!

Iron Maiden in Cardiff on 22:48 - Sep 23 with 2422 viewsDr_Winston

Iron Maiden in Cardiff on 22:41 - Sep 23 by Jack_Meoff

Kin feel my age after reading that!

I was 9 if that makes you feel any better.

Iron Maiden in Cardiff on 22:52 - Sep 23 with 2416 viewsJack_Meoff

Iron Maiden in Cardiff on 22:48 - Sep 23 by Dr_Winston

I was 9 if that makes you feel any better.

Nope but thanks for trying...!

Off topic - Deadwood was a great show
[Post edited 23 Sep 2016 22:55]

Iron Maiden in Cardiff on 22:56 - Sep 23 with 2402 viewsLord_Bony

Hard to believe its not far off 30 years ago....remember it like yesterday...sheesh..

Iron Maiden in Cardiff on 22:57 - Sep 23 with 2401 viewsmorningstar

Iron Maiden in Cardiff on 10:58 - Sep 23 by Loyal

Bands like these should be doing free gigs.

I agree. Though in fairness 'Teenage dirt bag' was one of their better tracks. My kids loved it.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Iron Maiden in Cardiff on 23:03 - Sep 23 with 2391 viewsJack_Meoff

Iron Maiden in Cardiff on 22:57 - Sep 23 by morningstar

I agree. Though in fairness 'Teenage dirt bag' was one of their better tracks. My kids loved it.

Eh? Wasn't that Wheatus?

Iron Maiden in Cardiff on 23:04 - Sep 23 with 2386 viewsJack_Meoff

Iron Maiden in Cardiff on 22:56 - Sep 23 by Lord_Bony

Hard to believe its not far off 30 years ago....remember it like yesterday...sheesh..

We went up on the Derricks bus - were you on that man? I can't remember anyone wearing a hat anyway

Iron Maiden in Cardiff on 23:08 - Sep 23 with 2385 viewsLord_Bony

Iron Maiden in Cardiff on 23:04 - Sep 23 by Jack_Meoff

We went up on the Derricks bus - were you on that man? I can't remember anyone wearing a hat anyway

Had my best tinfoiler on that day...I got on some mini bus i think..it all went a bit hazy after that...

Iron Maiden in Cardiff on 09:35 - Sep 24 with 2292 viewsDarran

Iron Maiden in Cardiff on 20:57 - Sep 23 by LeonisGod

Nicko went to see one of his favourite bands last night.

lol you tossers know nowt.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024