Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tomorrow's Mirror: Guidolin out if we lose to Liverpool. 22:45 - Sep 24 with 5952 viewsjackjackjackjack

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/swansea-move-wales-boss-chris-890473

The Swans will wield the axe if they lose to Liverpool next week – and the Man United legend wants Paul Scholes and Nicky Butt on his staff if he gets the job

Ryan Giggs and Chris Coleman top a five-man shortlist drawn up by Swansea City chiefs as they prepare to fire Francesco Guidolin.
And if former Manchester United and Wales star Giggs does get the nod to replace the Italian, he will ask former Old Trafford team-mates Nicky Butt and Paul Scholes to join his backroom team.
Butt is currently in charge of United’s academy and would have to give serious thought to turning his back on the Mancunian giants. But Scholes, now working as a TV pundit, would be available immediately, and Giggs would love to have him as part of his set-up.

Guidolin is unlikely to be sacked this week, despite the fact his side have won just one of their first six Premier League games - away to promoted Burnley on the opening day.
The club's top brass accept any manager would have difficulties against league leaders Manchester City, who beat them 3-1 on Saturday (having also won 2-1 at the Liberty in the EFL Cup three days earlier).
But another defeat, at home to in-form Liverpool next weekend, would seal Guidolin’s fate and a new man could then be appointed during the October international break.
It is understood chairman Huw Jenkins and the club’s new American owners plan to speak to Giggs, with talks potentially taking place this week.

Swansea-born Wales boss Coleman, who made more than 150 appearances for his hometown club between 1987 and 1991, is also in the running.
He would be a popular choice among Swans fans, even if his appointment would hurt the national team.
Coleman, 46, is a manager in demand after guiding Gareth Bale and co to the semi-finals of Euro 2016 in the summer despite it being the first finals for the Welsh since 1958.
He turned down an approach from promoted Hull City on the back of that success, but has made no secret of the fact he wants to return to Premier League management.
Guidolin has been described as a “dead man walking” by Swansea sources in the past week and a defeat by Liverpool, who put five past Hull on Saturday for their fourth win in a row, will end his eight-month reign at the Liberty Stadium.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2016 22:47]

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Tomorrow's Mirror: Guidolin out if we lose to Liverpool. on 07:07 - Sep 25 with 1288 viewswaynekerr55

The replacement list is hardly inspiring, is it?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Tomorrow's Mirror: Guidolin out if we lose to Liverpool. on 07:14 - Sep 25 with 1279 viewsjack247

Tomorrow's Mirror: Guidolin out if we lose to Liverpool. on 07:07 - Sep 25 by waynekerr55

I don't want him to go, but if he does, I would far rather we bring in a manager than a name.
Tomorrow's Mirror: Guidolin out if we lose to Liverpool. on 07:20 - Sep 25 with 1273 viewsDr_Winston

Tomorrow's Mirror: Guidolin out if we lose to Liverpool. on 07:07 - Sep 25 by waynekerr55

Unai Emery might be available soon...

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Tomorrow's Mirror: Guidolin out if we lose to Liverpool. on 07:28 - Sep 25 with 1260 viewsmonmouth

Tomorrow's Mirror: Guidolin out if we lose to Liverpool. on 07:03 - Sep 25 by jack247

That's not a no. It's a massive 'come and get me' plea

Indeed. Also. if he had been courted, he's not going to say 'yeah, Swansea have a manager but they want me instead' is he?

All that said, if there were nothing in it and Jenkins cared two f***s about Guidolin, he would have stopped this stuff dead already. Silence speaks volumes about the pressure on FG. Whether he's the right man or not, Jenkins gave him a two year contract 4 months ago and, while I don't blame Huw for all the ills visiting the club, it's pretty scummy to then just abandon him and let the wolves get their teeth in.

I always hoped we'd be better than this, but I guess a man that can shake hands on continuing and then sack someone has form for being reptillian. For all the money involved (ML and FG will hardly starve), the behaviour repels me.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2016 7:34]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Tomorrow's Mirror: Guidolin out if we lose to Liverpool. on 09:09 - Sep 25 with 1160 views34dfgdf54

If we sack Guidolin to replace him with someone like Giggs, Zola or Coleman we are royally f*cked.

Again, totally my opinion and I know it's not everyone's, but it won't matter whose in charge, we have average players here. See Sunderland. Struggle year in year out.

Unless we are willing to break the bank in January with the players a well established manager like Emery (if sacked by PSG) or Bielsa want, we maysaswell stick with what we have. That isn't going to happen, Huw has already said we will show significant losses on the next accounts release.
Tomorrow's Mirror: Guidolin out if we lose to Liverpool. on 09:39 - Sep 25 with 1114 viewsjohnlangy

Tomorrow's Mirror: Guidolin out if we lose to Liverpool. on 23:24 - Sep 24 by AngelRangelQS

So the top brass accept we'll have difficulties beating Man City but not "in form Liverpool"?

And these people actually get paid to write such moronic stuff.

If Liverpool play next week the way they did against Hull yesterday then it will be difficult to get anything out of the game. But i the Swans play as they did yesterday they'll get something against most teams in the PL.
Tomorrow's Mirror: Guidolin out if we lose to Liverpool. on 09:55 - Sep 25 with 1081 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Tomorrow's Mirror: Guidolin out if we lose to Liverpool. on 07:03 - Sep 25 by jack247

That's not a no. It's a massive 'come and get me' plea

With all due respect what does he have to do to say no for it to mean no then?

Kneel down outside the CCS , burning an effigy of Huw Jenkins (with a Swansea scarf adorned on it) whilst gazing fondly at a large picture of Guidolin holding some rosary beads???

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Tomorrow's Mirror: Guidolin out if we lose to Liverpool. on 09:56 - Sep 25 with 1076 viewsDr_Winston

Tomorrow's Mirror: Guidolin out if we lose to Liverpool. on 09:55 - Sep 25 by Brynmill_Jack

With all due respect what does he have to do to say no for it to mean no then?

Kneel down outside the CCS , burning an effigy of Huw Jenkins (with a Swansea scarf adorned on it) whilst gazing fondly at a large picture of Guidolin holding some rosary beads???

That would be preferable.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Tomorrow's Mirror: Guidolin out if we lose to Liverpool. on 10:01 - Sep 25 with 1063 viewsAnotherJohn

Tomorrow's Mirror: Guidolin out if we lose to Liverpool. on 09:56 - Sep 25 by Dr_Winston

That would be preferable.

If Jenkins does opt to pay off Guido and hire somebody like Giggs it is going to lay bare the stupidity of not spending the money in the summer transfer window. As far as I can see Guido's main mistake was saying that he was happy with the squad after Jenkins' attempt to get by on a wing and a prayer..
Tomorrow's Mirror: Guidolin out if we lose to Liverpool. on 10:02 - Sep 25 with 1061 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Tomorrow's Mirror: Guidolin out if we lose to Liverpool. on 07:06 - Sep 25 by Dr_Winston

We preferred an out of position Naughton (who did quite well) to Taylor yesterday so I'd expect this stuff to keep coming for a while.

Perhaps Neil needs to go out on loan then. Just saying like

Tomorrow's Mirror: Guidolin out if we lose to Liverpool. on 10:12 - Sep 25 with 1040 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Tomorrow's Mirror: Guidolin out if we lose to Liverpool. on 07:28 - Sep 25 by monmouth

Indeed. Also. if he had been courted, he's not going to say 'yeah, Swansea have a manager but they want me instead' is he?

All that said, if there were nothing in it and Jenkins cared two f***s about Guidolin, he would have stopped this stuff dead already. Silence speaks volumes about the pressure on FG. Whether he's the right man or not, Jenkins gave him a two year contract 4 months ago and, while I don't blame Huw for all the ills visiting the club, it's pretty scummy to then just abandon him and let the wolves get their teeth in.

I always hoped we'd be better than this, but I guess a man that can shake hands on continuing and then sack someone has form for being reptillian. For all the money involved (ML and FG will hardly starve), the behaviour repels me.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2016 7:34]

Huw is directly responsible for the state we're in now. I'm beginning to wonder - with all the dirty tricks Moralee seems to enjoy playing on our club what the f*ck did HJ have against Tutumulu? He's mother Theresa in comparison to Jamie Moralee FFS. And he got us a good supply of cheap and quality PL players. Baffling.

If Jenkins can give the man a two year contract in May or June and change his mind by September he's obviously incompetent and a financial liability for the club. Time to step aside from all footballing matters and just take care of the incidentals or leave the club Huw.

Tomorrow's Mirror: Guidolin out if we lose to Liverpool. on 10:16 - Sep 25 with 1013 viewsDr_Winston

Tomorrow's Mirror: Guidolin out if we lose to Liverpool. on 10:01 - Sep 25 by AnotherJohn

If Jenkins does opt to pay off Guido and hire somebody like Giggs it is going to lay bare the stupidity of not spending the money in the summer transfer window. As far as I can see Guido's main mistake was saying that he was happy with the squad after Jenkins' attempt to get by on a wing and a prayer..

Irony is we brought what looks like a decent amount of quality in the window in Fer, Llorente, VdH, Baston and Mawson. We're just paying for pissing around in the five or six windows that preceeded it.

Tomorrow's Mirror: Guidolin out if we lose to Liverpool. on 10:19 - Sep 25 with 1001 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Tomorrow's Mirror: Guidolin out if we lose to Liverpool. on 10:16 - Sep 25 by Dr_Winston

Irony is we brought what looks like a decent amount of quality in the window in Fer, Llorente, VdH, Baston and Mawson. We're just paying for pissing around in the five or six windows that preceeded it.

We're desperately in need of a 25 year old Leon Britten clone. Find him and we'll stay up easily. (And no, Joe Allen isn't that player)

Tomorrow's Mirror: Guidolin out if we lose to Liverpool. on 10:22 - Sep 25 with 986 viewsBanosswan

Tomorrow's Mirror: Guidolin out if we lose to Liverpool. on 23:35 - Sep 24 by NeathJack

I'd consider my dog a more reliable source than The Mirror.

What are his thoughts on the situation?

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Tomorrow's Mirror: Guidolin out if we lose to Liverpool. on 10:24 - Sep 25 with 975 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Tomorrow's Mirror: Guidolin out if we lose to Liverpool. on 10:22 - Sep 25 by Banosswan

What are his thoughts on the situation?

Huw would be barking to appoint Giggs.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Tomorrow's Mirror: Guidolin out if we lose to Liverpool. on 10:44 - Sep 25 with 835 viewsPrivate_Partz

Tomorrow's Mirror: Guidolin out if we lose to Liverpool. on 10:19 - Sep 25 by Brynmill_Jack

We're desperately in need of a 25 year old Leon Britten clone. Find him and we'll stay up easily. (And no, Joe Allen isn't that player)

Don't often disagree but I would say Joe Allen is just that player. That aside our failure to strengthen midfield is a problem.
Having said that we have recently given Chelsea a scare with a superb second half performance and had two very good matches against Man City. Keep this up and we will be OK. We need to strengthen midfield in January but other than that it is just plain bonkers to break up the managerial set up now.
I was encouraged yesterday wiyh our commitment on the ball. The high pressing was good and Borja has a hell of game motor. Llorente gets better by the game as understandings build and Van Der Horn is real find. We won a much larger share of the 50 / 50 balls. Not worried about Liverpool. A result is a bonus but not beyond us. Lets see how we progress and how we get on against the Palaces and West Broms of this world. I feel much more optimistic and feel we could very well ride out this storm If Board, management, players and supporters all pull together

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Tomorrow's Mirror: Guidolin out if we lose to Liverpool. on 10:49 - Sep 25 with 818 viewsjacabertawe

Tomorrow's Mirror: Guidolin out if we lose to Liverpool. on 10:19 - Sep 25 by Brynmill_Jack

I agree with your first statement, but disagree with your second.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Tomorrow's Mirror: Guidolin out if we lose to Liverpool. on 10:50 - Sep 25 with 816 viewsjackolantern

Coleman has been quoted in the past that taking the Swansea job would be a big NO from him.

Too much pressure, home town club, too much expectation etc etc... It's documented in the press somewhere probably around the time we got rid of Monk, but I can't be arsed to look for it just know he's been quoted thus.

Jacko
Tomorrow's Mirror: Guidolin out if we lose to Liverpool. on 10:55 - Sep 25 with 796 viewsJackBaston

Before the two Man City matches i'd have said yeah, definitely get him out
But those two matches have shown that there is promise
I think people forget that we were so close to relegation last season with Williams, Ayew etc and this season we definitely haven't replaced Williams so the squad is much weaker
Do think judging him this early after games against Man City, Chelsea and Leicester is a bit too early, Watford at home next month is where i'd be expecting to see whether he should go or not
Tomorrow's Mirror: Guidolin out if we lose to Liverpool. on 10:57 - Sep 25 with 792 viewsRobert

How about having Alan Curtis take over until end of season?
Tomorrow's Mirror: Guidolin out if we lose to Liverpool. on 10:57 - Sep 25 with 791 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Tomorrow's Mirror: Guidolin out if we lose to Liverpool. on 10:44 - Sep 25 by Private_Partz

Don't often disagree but I would say Joe Allen is just that player. That aside our failure to strengthen midfield is a problem.
Having said that we have recently given Chelsea a scare with a superb second half performance and had two very good matches against Man City. Keep this up and we will be OK. We need to strengthen midfield in January but other than that it is just plain bonkers to break up the managerial set up now.
I was encouraged yesterday wiyh our commitment on the ball. The high pressing was good and Borja has a hell of game motor. Llorente gets better by the game as understandings build and Van Der Horn is real find. We won a much larger share of the 50 / 50 balls. Not worried about Liverpool. A result is a bonus but not beyond us. Lets see how we progress and how we get on against the Palaces and West Broms of this world. I feel much more optimistic and feel we could very well ride out this storm If Board, management, players and supporters all pull together

In my opinion Joe is best suited to the fetcher/carrier role, i.e. picking up the ball from Leon and carrying it forward to the AM or wingers or even passing down the channels
For the centre forward to run onto. But he's not a DM. He'd be great for us in front of Leon because our tempo would be fantastic .

Tomorrow's Mirror: Guidolin out if we lose to Liverpool. on 11:09 - Sep 25 with 756 viewsdobjack2

Tomorrow's Mirror: Guidolin out if we lose to Liverpool. on 10:57 - Sep 25 by Brynmill_Jack

In my opinion Joe is best suited to the fetcher/carrier role, i.e. picking up the ball from Leon and carrying it forward to the AM or wingers or even passing down the channels
For the centre forward to run onto. But he's not a DM. He'd be great for us in front of Leon because our tempo would be fantastic .

Couldn't agree more.The type of player that the team needs.

Failing to sign Joe and an upgrade on routs (as a wide replacement for ayew)were poor decisions that we are paying for now.
Tomorrow's Mirror: Guidolin out if we lose to Liverpool. on 11:11 - Sep 25 with 750 viewsmikecranleigh

Exactly
Man City ,Liverpool and Arsenal we do tend to play better against the better teams so performance is the key over the next 2 games.
We out played Chelsea at times and were lucky not to get 3 points a point was deserved yesterday but not achieved
Its frustrating having International breaks there's another in November too.
Tomorrow's Mirror: Guidolin out if we lose to Liverpool. on 11:21 - Sep 25 with 728 viewsmax936

This hounding of Guidolin is disgusting in my opinion, whoever's responsible I hope the same happens to them in their career, the problems at the club go much deeper than Guidolin, if the board had concentrated on the club with the same concentration they give to feathering their own nests we'd probably be in a much better position.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Tomorrow's Mirror: Guidolin out if we lose to Liverpool. on 11:23 - Sep 25 with 719 viewsexiledclaseboy

To be honest I'm really not bothered whether Guidolin stays or goes but Giggs, Butt and Scholes? Jesus.

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024