Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who else is about to be stitched up? 20:09 - Sep 27 with 6575 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Who else is about to be stitched up? on 06:48 - Sep 28 with 1809 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Who else is about to be stitched up? on 22:37 - Sep 27 by builthjack

Pagliara was involved at Cardiff wasn't he, when they bought that £8m dud. Bound to be one of the ones named.

Perhaps that was why Tan was pursuing that certain ex manager of theirs, you know the one

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Who else is about to be stitched up? on 06:55 - Sep 28 with 1800 viewsbuilthjack

Who else is about to be stitched up? on 06:48 - Sep 28 by Brynmill_Jack

Perhaps that was why Tan was pursuing that certain ex manager of theirs, you know the one

Aye, Malcolm

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Who else is about to be stitched up? on 07:25 - Sep 28 with 1746 viewsZut_Alors

Who else is about to be stitched up? on 22:37 - Sep 27 by builthjack

Pagliara was involved at Cardiff wasn't he, when they bought that £8m dud. Bound to be one of the ones named.

A while back, I asked a former Danish pro what he made of that Cornelius transfer and he said he heard the deal was dodgy. Interested to see whether it gets highlighted.
Who else is about to be stitched up? on 08:02 - Sep 28 with 1698 viewsdougie

It looks like cardiff are in the mix
Who else is about to be stitched up? on 08:21 - Sep 28 with 1671 viewsblueytheblue

Who else is about to be stitched up? on 07:25 - Sep 28 by Zut_Alors

A while back, I asked a former Danish pro what he made of that Cornelius transfer and he said he heard the deal was dodgy. Interested to see whether it gets highlighted.

Mackay's racism was discovered after Tan had got investigators in to look into the Cornelius transfer. Suspect if they'd found anything it would have been used against Mackay at the time.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Who else is about to be stitched up? on 09:01 - Sep 28 with 1602 viewsZut_Alors

Who else is about to be stitched up? on 08:21 - Sep 28 by blueytheblue

Mackay's racism was discovered after Tan had got investigators in to look into the Cornelius transfer. Suspect if they'd found anything it would have been used against Mackay at the time.

I only know what I was told, but worth keeping in mind that the racism alone was enough to discredit Malky without making Cardiff/Tan look like mugs for failing to correctly oversee the financial dealings if the deal had been dodgy, which might have caused a loss of face for Tan. It could be that it was convenient that they could kill Malky's reputation without disclosing that. Did the Malky thing ever go to court?
[Post edited 28 Sep 2016 9:02]
Who else is about to be stitched up? on 09:08 - Sep 28 with 1582 viewsmonmouth

Who else is about to be stitched up? on 22:36 - Sep 27 by raynor94

It's been rotten as far back as the early sixties, it's just that there's far more money involved, and the greed has got bigger

Indeed. There were lots of rumours about Brian Clough. And just remember Don Revie, and listen to Gary Sprake.

That culture has just been carried through and ingrained as the money has increased. None of them will really think they did anything wrong as 'that is the way we do things around here'. Greedy people never consider the ridiculousness of the extra value vs the risk. Really hurt me to do it as she was good, but I sacked someone once that was earning over 100k in the late 90s for fiddling her expenses for a £50 petrol claim when she got a lift with someone else and then lied twice to me about it. People. Barking mad.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Who else is about to be stitched up? on 09:23 - Sep 28 with 1537 viewsjasper_T

Pardew and Warnock.
Login to get fewer ads

Who else is about to be stitched up? on 09:38 - Sep 28 with 1507 viewsSmellyplumz

Who else is about to be stitched up? on 09:23 - Sep 28 by jasper_T

Pardew and Warnock.

Dandelion and burdock

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Who else is about to be stitched up? on 10:11 - Sep 28 with 1460 viewsCatullus

Who else is about to be stitched up? on 09:08 - Sep 28 by monmouth

Indeed. There were lots of rumours about Brian Clough. And just remember Don Revie, and listen to Gary Sprake.

That culture has just been carried through and ingrained as the money has increased. None of them will really think they did anything wrong as 'that is the way we do things around here'. Greedy people never consider the ridiculousness of the extra value vs the risk. Really hurt me to do it as she was good, but I sacked someone once that was earning over 100k in the late 90s for fiddling her expenses for a £50 petrol claim when she got a lift with someone else and then lied twice to me about it. People. Barking mad.

The truth is, the more people earn, the more they want. And greed knows no bounds. People earning very large sums seem very happy to try and fiddle amounts that us ordinary people wouldn't worry about.
In my former job (postman) I had plenty of opportunity to fiddle/steal but (besides the fact I actually am honest) the reward never got anywhere near to the risk. And I was always surprised at the stupidity of people who did steal.

Football has had a murky side for a long time. Stories of bungs, paper bags at service stations etc. It's not exactly been a well kept secret.
Like Daz said, the money involved has just gone through the roof.

Who is next for the big headlines? I suppose there could be plenty of people. I like to think our club is clean and assuming we are, we will be very much in the minority group.
Really speaking though, we shouldn't try naming anyone unless there's evidence, dodgy ground that.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Who else is about to be stitched up? on 10:22 - Sep 28 with 1449 viewspikeypaul

FA looking into Cardiff loaning Ravel Morrison from West Ham when fat Sam was manager.
Cardiff apparently held their own investigation into undisclosed payments when Tan was
outing mackay but did not inform or disclose findings to the FA as they are required to do.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Who else is about to be stitched up? on 10:45 - Sep 28 with 1396 viewsDafyddHuw

Stitched up?

So it was the Daily Telegraph's fault?
Who else is about to be stitched up? on 11:17 - Sep 28 with 1359 viewsA_Fans_Dad

What about all the other European Leagues?
I can't see it just being the Prem, after all FIFA is as corrupt has anybody
Who else is about to be stitched up? on 11:30 - Sep 28 with 1337 viewsCatullus

Who else is about to be stitched up? on 11:17 - Sep 28 by A_Fans_Dad

What about all the other European Leagues?
I can't see it just being the Prem, after all FIFA is as corrupt has anybody

Italy has had well known problems for decades. There has been a well known investigation into government funding of Real Madrid. Some French clubs got into serious problems. Eastern European leagues were always considered corrupt and then there's this article....

http://sabotagetimes.com/sport/10-most-corrupt-football-leagues-ever

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Who else is about to be stitched up? on 15:45 - Sep 28 with 1229 viewsLandore_Jack

Interesting....

What a strange comment.

Says it all...
[Post edited 28 Sep 2016 15:47]

#backtojack

Who else is about to be stitched up? on 16:08 - Sep 28 with 1170 viewsmonmouth

Who else is about to be stitched up? on 15:45 - Sep 28 by Landore_Jack

Interesting....

What a strange comment.

Says it all...
[Post edited 28 Sep 2016 15:47]

It certainly says that Morrison is a semi literate millionaire.

But yeah, employing Allardyce with all the mud that had been chucked around was asking for it. Especially as they discounted Redknapp for the very same reason.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Who else is about to be stitched up? on 20:38 - Sep 28 with 1025 viewsDarran

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/the-17-suspicious-pre

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Who else is about to be stitched up? on 20:59 - Sep 28 with 979 viewsharryhpalmer

Who else is about to be stitched up? on 10:11 - Sep 28 by Catullus

The truth is, the more people earn, the more they want. And greed knows no bounds. People earning very large sums seem very happy to try and fiddle amounts that us ordinary people wouldn't worry about.
In my former job (postman) I had plenty of opportunity to fiddle/steal but (besides the fact I actually am honest) the reward never got anywhere near to the risk. And I was always surprised at the stupidity of people who did steal.

Football has had a murky side for a long time. Stories of bungs, paper bags at service stations etc. It's not exactly been a well kept secret.
Like Daz said, the money involved has just gone through the roof.

Who is next for the big headlines? I suppose there could be plenty of people. I like to think our club is clean and assuming we are, we will be very much in the minority group.
Really speaking though, we shouldn't try naming anyone unless there's evidence, dodgy ground that.

well if any of those signings Stevens couldn't sign off are part of the Telegraph's evidence, then it puts 'arry, Allardici, McLaren, Ranieri, Mourinho and Souness in the frame, as they were the managers of the clubs involved with those transfers.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Who else is about to be stitched up? on 21:38 - Sep 28 with 916 viewsjackjackjackjack

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Who else is about to be stitched up? on 21:40 - Sep 28 with 906 viewsshandyjack

Who else is about to be stitched up? on 21:38 - Sep 28 by jackjackjackjack

Leeds Utd chairman, now there's a shocker

Poll: Expectation for the season

Who else is about to be stitched up? on 22:08 - Sep 28 with 857 viewsblueytheblue

Who else is about to be stitched up? on 09:01 - Sep 28 by Zut_Alors

I only know what I was told, but worth keeping in mind that the racism alone was enough to discredit Malky without making Cardiff/Tan look like mugs for failing to correctly oversee the financial dealings if the deal had been dodgy, which might have caused a loss of face for Tan. It could be that it was convenient that they could kill Malky's reputation without disclosing that. Did the Malky thing ever go to court?
[Post edited 28 Sep 2016 9:02]

Malky thing never went to court.

He dropped his case. People claimed he was paid off... changed their tune when the racism came out.

Who else is about to be stitched up? on 22:13 - Sep 28 with 833 viewsblueytheblue

Who else is about to be stitched up? on 10:22 - Sep 28 by pikeypaul

FA looking into Cardiff loaning Ravel Morrison from West Ham when fat Sam was manager.
Cardiff apparently held their own investigation into undisclosed payments when Tan was
outing mackay but did not inform or disclose findings to the FA as they are required to do.

For all the f***ing use Morrison was, the only shocking thing was they didn't pay us to take the lazy piece of s***...

Who else is about to be stitched up? on 22:56 - Sep 28 with 765 viewsLandore_Jack

The Barnsley assistant manager took a bung (Tommy Wright).

Cellino (Leeds owner) offered advice how to bypass third party ownership rules.

Hasselbaink was interested in buying players owned by the firm.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/28/exclusive-the-corruption-at-the-top-o
[Post edited 28 Sep 2016 23:04]

#backtojack

Who else is about to be stitched up? on 22:57 - Sep 28 with 761 viewsraynor94

Tommy Wright of Barnsley, I hope he wasn't involved in the Mawson transfer

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Who else is about to be stitched up? on 23:11 - Sep 28 with 730 viewsblueytheblue

Who else is about to be stitched up? on 22:57 - Sep 28 by raynor94

Tommy Wright of Barnsley, I hope he wasn't involved in the Mawson transfer

Genuinely hope the Mawson transfer wasn't dodgy, but his name does come up.

"When he was told that he would be paid “readies” he replied: “You know where I live.” He discussed the Barnsley players Alfie Mawson (now at Swansea City) and Conor Hourihane, and the Aberdeen player Joe Nuttall, none of whom knew they were the subject of the conversations , and said: “I can just recommend players to you that I’ve gone and seen, and you will have to do your spicy dealing, whatever you do.”"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024