Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All this love for Guidolin 14:38 - Sep 29 with 4428 viewsDarran

If Guardiola (or other) was without a club and there was a rumour Jenkins had met with him at Bristol Airport there wouldn't be any of this OTT nonsense.
I'm convinced that there wouldn't be as much love for a manager that as been nothing more than average in all his time here if it wasn't for the utter pricks like Bradley and Giggs being mentioned.

*Off you go.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

All this love for Guidolin on 15:00 - Sep 29 with 1745 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

All true! and we have not signed the players that may people thought we needed leaving Guidolin, who conducts himself well, to get on with the job whilst the chairman is dull enough to arrange meetings with the likes of Bradley at a local provincial airport!

I think the point here is that Guidolin is looking more professional by the day because of the behaviour of others behind the scenes and is looking like the best alternative.

Nothing more than average looks pretty good right now! Also, getting behind Guidolin is positive response to a difficult situation and better than showing dissent on match day.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2016 15:05]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

All this love for Guidolin on 15:14 - Sep 29 with 1685 viewsandypitt56

I think its less about the manager and more about him being hung out to dry by the club. Thats my personal dislike for the situation, regardless of whether you believe that guidolin is the right man for the job, you cant deny he has been a class act when it comes to professionalism. The same cannot be said for the way the club have treated him.
All this love for Guidolin on 15:19 - Sep 29 with 1668 viewsjack247

Of course. We all love Siggy. Not many of us would shed a tear if we swapped him for DeBrunye.

There are two points here.

1. Those of us who want Guidolin to stay, do so because we think he is a better manager than the likes you have mentioned or we would realistically be able to attract.

2. If we are going to sack him, let's do it with a bit of dignity. We went through a very similar thing in the summer which was pretty distasteful. In fairness to Jenkins, we haven't hung our managers out to dry in the past. The old board may have technically been in charge in the summer, but the sale was imminent. Points towards the new owners behaving without class.
All this love for Guidolin on 15:25 - Sep 29 with 1635 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

All this love for Guidolin on 15:19 - Sep 29 by jack247

Of course. We all love Siggy. Not many of us would shed a tear if we swapped him for DeBrunye.

1. Those of us who want Guidolin to stay, do so because we think he is a better manager than the likes you have mentioned or we would realistically be able to attract.

2. If we are going to sack him, let's do it with a bit of dignity. We went through a very similar thing in the summer which was pretty distasteful. In fairness to Jenkins, we haven't hung our managers out to dry in the past. The old board may have technically been in charge in the summer, but the sale was imminent. Points towards the new owners behaving without class.

They are behaving like investment bankers and hedge fund managers.........oh wait a minute!

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

All this love for Guidolin on 15:38 - Sep 29 with 1588 viewsdna

All this love for Guidolin on 15:14 - Sep 29 by andypitt56

I think its less about the manager and more about him being hung out to dry by the club. Thats my personal dislike for the situation, regardless of whether you believe that guidolin is the right man for the job, you cant deny he has been a class act when it comes to professionalism. The same cannot be said for the way the club have treated him.

This

Never been a fan of Guidolin, but he's been treated very shoddily (though well paid!!)

Think it's an anti-establishment response (bit like Brexit) support for the manager is seen as a vote against HJ and that gets my full support.

How Jenkins and his cronies can turn up at the stadium and look fans in the eye beggars belief
All this love for Guidolin on 15:41 - Sep 29 with 1578 viewsDarran

All this love for Guidolin on 15:19 - Sep 29 by jack247

So I'm right then you want him to stay because he's better than what's been mentioned but wouldn't give a shit if the ones mentioned were better than him.

All this love for Guidolin on 15:42 - Sep 29 with 1575 viewsswansea101

Give up your love for Monk, he's gone get over it. Ironic really as you speak the loudest telling others to get over Laudrup
All this love for Guidolin on 15:44 - Sep 29 with 1558 viewsDarran

All this love for Guidolin on 15:42 - Sep 29 by swansea101

Give up your love for Monk, he's gone get over it. Ironic really as you speak the loudest telling others to get over Laudrup

I haven't mentioned Monk.

Login to get fewer ads

All this love for Guidolin on 15:48 - Sep 29 with 1538 viewsswansea101

Nope but the little digs of Guidolin is the same as those who doubted Monk, you slated everyone who spoke anything but positive of Monk at the time, and hear you are now. What happened to backing the manger of the team and fu ck everyone else?
All this love for Guidolin on 15:52 - Sep 29 with 1524 viewsDarran

All this love for Guidolin on 15:48 - Sep 29 by swansea101

Nope but the little digs of Guidolin is the same as those who doubted Monk, you slated everyone who spoke anything but positive of Monk at the time, and hear you are now. What happened to backing the manger of the team and fu ck everyone else?

I do back him I'll be backing him at the game on Saturday but I won't give a f*ck for him when he's gone the same as I don't give a f*ck for any exs when they've gone.
I don't act like a 14 year old fanboy like some of you.

All this love for Guidolin on 16:01 - Sep 29 with 1497 viewsdeanscfc

It's a moot point because there clearly were not going to be better alternatives wanting to come to us. Guidolin is very experienced and the likes of Giggs or this other yank can't compete. As people have said, the anger is more about the board going about things completely the wrong way and may be trying to shift the blame for their poor transfer activity on to the manager.

Added to that, Guidolin deserves a lot more respect than he is being shown because he has been a class act in the way that he has conducted himself since he has been here. He's someone who doesn't do any nonsense, just gets on with his job which is to prepare the players. Our trouble is that 1 or 2 of those first team players haven't been up to the job. I'm not even sure Guardiola would have got us many more points with our current side.
All this love for Guidolin on 16:04 - Sep 29 with 1479 viewsDarran

All this love for Guidolin on 16:01 - Sep 29 by deanscfc

It's a moot point because there clearly were not going to be better alternatives wanting to come to us. Guidolin is very experienced and the likes of Giggs or this other yank can't compete. As people have said, the anger is more about the board going about things completely the wrong way and may be trying to shift the blame for their poor transfer activity on to the manager.

Added to that, Guidolin deserves a lot more respect than he is being shown because he has been a class act in the way that he has conducted himself since he has been here. He's someone who doesn't do any nonsense, just gets on with his job which is to prepare the players. Our trouble is that 1 or 2 of those first team players haven't been up to the job. I'm not even sure Guardiola would have got us many more points with our current side.

Wanting to come to us when?

All this love for Guidolin on 16:31 - Sep 29 with 1407 viewsjack247

All this love for Guidolin on 15:41 - Sep 29 by Darran

So I'm right then you want him to stay because he's better than what's been mentioned but wouldn't give a shit if the ones mentioned were better than him.

Kind of. I would still give a shit about us treating him appallingly. Not sacking him in itself, but for the manner in which we have undermined him basically since the end of last season.

I don't think anyone has said they wouldn't prefer Guardiola? Surely we all want the best man for the job in charge?
All this love for Guidolin on 16:33 - Sep 29 with 1401 viewsDarran

All this love for Guidolin on 16:31 - Sep 29 by jack247

Kind of. I would still give a shit about us treating him appallingly. Not sacking him in itself, but for the manner in which we have undermined him basically since the end of last season.

I don't think anyone has said they wouldn't prefer Guardiola? Surely we all want the best man for the job in charge?

Indeed but you get the point I was making.

All this love for Guidolin on 16:43 - Sep 29 with 1362 viewsStarsky

If I'm totally honest. I'd like to see a massive support for Guidolin on Saturday for 2 reasons...

1: to give some respect to our manager who doesn't deserve the treatment HJ and the yanks are giving him.

2: to make HJ and the yanks feel a little uneasy, given their stance against Guidolin.

The honesty bit... Darran is right, he has been average but I'd rather a new manager come in AFTER the Americans get rid of HJ and Co.

It's just the internet, init.

All this love for Guidolin on 16:43 - Sep 29 with 1354 viewsjack247

All this love for Guidolin on 16:33 - Sep 29 by Darran

Yes, but I think you have mixed the two points together and argued against a point no one is making.

Some people want Guidolin to go, some including me, want him to stay. We don't want him to stay because he is a nice man, we want him to stay because we believe he is the best man for the job.

If it is decided that he isn't, he will go. Just the way the club have handled the whole situation has been crass and embarrassing.
All this love for Guidolin on 16:45 - Sep 29 with 1349 viewsmax936

All this love for Guidolin on 16:33 - Sep 29 by Darran

Not everything is as black and white as you like to think mush, there's no loving going on its being realistic Guidolin needs more time, you said yourself during the window that we needed strengthening and it was looking more and more like a shambles, simply sacking Guidolin isn't gonna change much, there are others who are far more responsible for what is happening down the Liberty.

I can't see Giggs, Bradley or Guardiola waving their magic wands to get us playing much better, with the personnel that's here at the moment.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

All this love for Guidolin on 16:47 - Sep 29 with 1342 viewsDarran

All this love for Guidolin on 16:43 - Sep 29 by jack247

Yes, but I think you have mixed the two points together and argued against a point no one is making.

Some people want Guidolin to go, some including me, want him to stay. We don't want him to stay because he is a nice man, we want him to stay because we believe he is the best man for the job.

If it is decided that he isn't, he will go. Just the way the club have handled the whole situation has been crass and embarrassing.

I'm not mixing anything up I'm saying that out of Bradley,FG & Giggs many people obviously think FG is the best man for the job and they'd be right on that.

All this love for Guidolin on 16:55 - Sep 29 with 1316 viewsDarran

All this love for Guidolin on 16:45 - Sep 29 by max936

Not everything is as black and white as you like to think mush, there's no loving going on its being realistic Guidolin needs more time, you said yourself during the window that we needed strengthening and it was looking more and more like a shambles, simply sacking Guidolin isn't gonna change much, there are others who are far more responsible for what is happening down the Liberty.

I can't see Giggs, Bradley or Guardiola waving their magic wands to get us playing much better, with the personnel that's here at the moment.

I don't agree with you and you don't mean that either you're the biggest critic going.

All this love for Guidolin on 16:57 - Sep 29 with 1307 viewsjack247

All this love for Guidolin on 16:47 - Sep 29 by Darran

I'm not mixing anything up I'm saying that out of Bradley,FG & Giggs many people obviously think FG is the best man for the job and they'd be right on that.

Absolutely. That's not what you said though
All this love for Guidolin on 16:57 - Sep 29 with 1302 viewsmax936

All this love for Guidolin on 16:43 - Sep 29 by Starsky

If I'm totally honest. I'd like to see a massive support for Guidolin on Saturday for 2 reasons...

1: to give some respect to our manager who doesn't deserve the treatment HJ and the yanks are giving him.

2: to make HJ and the yanks feel a little uneasy, given their stance against Guidolin.

The honesty bit... Darran is right, he has been average but I'd rather a new manager come in AFTER the Americans get rid of HJ and Co.

That's a great post Dave.

All this love for Guidolin on 16:59 - Sep 29 with 1298 viewsCooperman

All this love for Guidolin on 16:43 - Sep 29 by Starsky

All of the above.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

All this love for Guidolin on 17:10 - Sep 29 with 1269 viewsDarran

All this love for Guidolin on 16:57 - Sep 29 by jack247

Absolutely. That's not what you said though

Yes I did.

All this love for Guidolin on 17:14 - Sep 29 with 1251 viewsmax936

All this love for Guidolin on 16:55 - Sep 29 by Darran

I don't agree with you and you don't mean that either you're the biggest critic going.

What don't you agree with?

I'm a critic I've never said anything different mostly towards the players Jenkins,board and Guidolin last season for the way we were playing, not this season though because at least 85% of the blame lies with Jenkins and the rest for not supporting him in strengthening the spine of the squad, we're 6 games into the season look at the teams we've played, Burnley and Hull apart its been a tough start and its not gonna get any easier over the next month looking at our fixtures and that applies whoever the manager is, because of the teams we are playing and the strength of the squad.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2016 17:15]

All this love for Guidolin on 17:18 - Sep 29 with 1226 viewsDarran

All this love for Guidolin on 17:14 - Sep 29 by max936

What don't you agree with?

I'm a critic I've never said anything different mostly towards the players Jenkins,board and Guidolin last season for the way we were playing, not this season though because at least 85% of the blame lies with Jenkins and the rest for not supporting him in strengthening the spine of the squad, we're 6 games into the season look at the teams we've played, Burnley and Hull apart its been a tough start and its not gonna get any easier over the next month looking at our fixtures and that applies whoever the manager is, because of the teams we are playing and the strength of the squad.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2016 17:15]

A different manager could get the current players playing in a different way mind that's 'how' it's 'supposed' to work when a club sacks a manager.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024