Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
To all our new American fans 11:29 - Oct 4 with 10577 viewsDafyddHuw

There's a few points that you need to be aware of -

1. It's not soccer, it's football

2. All Americans are yanks, whatever part of the US you live.

3. The hostility to our new owners - these yanks couldn't care less about Swansea, they couldn't even care less about football. They only care about profit. And every penny that the slimeballs pocket is a penny less that could have been spent on strengthening the team. And although they've bought the club they've not invested a penny in the club.

4. The hostility towards Bucket Bob - we've got a manager that would never even have been on any other club's radar. If he wasn't a yank he would never have been considered here either. He may work out, but we don't know that yet. What we do know is that many excellent European managers have been ignored/excluded from any shortlist simply because they weren't american enough.

So as far as I'm concerned, you can stick your old glory up your arse (sorry, ass).
[Post edited 4 Oct 2016 11:36]
To all our new American fans on 11:38 - Oct 4 with 5394 viewsjack247

We may get a lot of new American fans on here in the next few weeks and they are probably going to think we're a hostile bunch of racists.

Hopefully they will understand the anger isn't directed at Americans in general, just the Americans that run our club.
To all our new American fans on 12:15 - Oct 4 with 5300 viewsDafyddHuw

To all our new American fans on 11:38 - Oct 4 by jack247

We may get a lot of new American fans on here in the next few weeks and they are probably going to think we're a hostile bunch of racists.

Hopefully they will understand the anger isn't directed at Americans in general, just the Americans that run our club.

Agreed. But any new yanks who come on here thinking everything's fine and dandy and that our new owners have arrived on white chargers to save us from ourselves need to be put in the picture.
To all our new American fans on 12:18 - Oct 4 with 5280 viewsjack247

To all our new American fans on 12:15 - Oct 4 by DafyddHuw

Agreed. But any new yanks who come on here thinking everything's fine and dandy and that our new owners have arrived on white chargers to save us from ourselves need to be put in the picture.

I'm sure they will absolutely think he is some kind of modern day folk hero and we should be grateful to have him at our club. Not their fault, I'm sure that's how he will be portrayed over there.
To all our new American fans on 12:20 - Oct 4 with 5268 viewsMurph75

Very embarrassing.
To all our new American fans on 12:24 - Oct 4 with 5258 viewsBellinghamWhiff

That's exactly the type of parochial sentiment that reflects negatively on you.
To all our new American fans on 12:39 - Oct 4 with 5184 viewsraynor94

To all our new American fans on 12:20 - Oct 4 by Murph75

Very embarrassing.

Totally and embarrassingly cringeworthy, but not surprised

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

To all our new American fans on 12:40 - Oct 4 with 5176 viewsMurph75

To all our new American fans on 12:39 - Oct 4 by raynor94

Totally and embarrassingly cringeworthy, but not surprised

Sadly not.
To all our new American fans on 12:45 - Oct 4 with 5131 viewsjacabertawe

Not remotely funny. Just embarrassing.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Login to get fewer ads

To all our new American fans on 13:42 - Oct 4 with 5017 viewsnierika

1. The word SOCcer was first coined in England in the late 1800s to refer to aSOCciation football in order differentiate the sport from "rugby football."

Why is "Hull FC" a rugby club?
Why is the Australian national team called the Socceroos?

If Im posting on this board I'll use football but if Im talking to my friends that arent into the sport, they will think Im referring to the NFL.

Anyone that feels the need to jump on someones back because they use a different word to refer to the same thing probably has deeper issues in life.

http://blog.dictionary.com/why-is-it-called-soccer/

2. I dont mind being called a "yank;" I find it to be a term of endearment. I live in the dead center of the U.S.

3. You're making numerous assumptions about people you don't know personally.

Just because the owners arent long time fans of the club doesn't mean they don't care about winning. If you purchased a football club, wouldn't you want to win? I would. If you think they only care about money, winning and staying in the Premier League EQUALS more profit.

4. He has previously been in the running for manager of Aston Villa, Sunderland, Fulham and Hull. Everyone has to start somewhere. For the sake of us Yank fans I hope he is successful (god help us if he's not). We all want the team to move up the table and I can guarantee you he will work his ass off to make that happen.

And as far as I'M concerned, anyone spewing the lame xenophobic stereotypes on here can shove it.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2016 13:43]
To all our new American fans on 13:47 - Oct 4 with 4995 viewsHighjack

To all our new American fans on 13:42 - Oct 4 by nierika

1. The word SOCcer was first coined in England in the late 1800s to refer to aSOCciation football in order differentiate the sport from "rugby football."

Why is "Hull FC" a rugby club?
Why is the Australian national team called the Socceroos?

If Im posting on this board I'll use football but if Im talking to my friends that arent into the sport, they will think Im referring to the NFL.

Anyone that feels the need to jump on someones back because they use a different word to refer to the same thing probably has deeper issues in life.

http://blog.dictionary.com/why-is-it-called-soccer/

2. I dont mind being called a "yank;" I find it to be a term of endearment. I live in the dead center of the U.S.

3. You're making numerous assumptions about people you don't know personally.

Just because the owners arent long time fans of the club doesn't mean they don't care about winning. If you purchased a football club, wouldn't you want to win? I would. If you think they only care about money, winning and staying in the Premier League EQUALS more profit.

4. He has previously been in the running for manager of Aston Villa, Sunderland, Fulham and Hull. Everyone has to start somewhere. For the sake of us Yank fans I hope he is successful (god help us if he's not). We all want the team to move up the table and I can guarantee you he will work his ass off to make that happen.

And as far as I'M concerned, anyone spewing the lame xenophobic stereotypes on here can shove it.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2016 13:43]

Are you going to vote for the giant douche or the turd sandwich?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

To all our new American fans on 13:50 - Oct 4 with 4977 viewsirememberivor

This sort of anti-American feeling is just plain barmy. Look, whatever the reason, whatever the politics, whatever the lack of respect for Guidolin, we have now got Bob Bradley as our manager. If you are a true Swansea fan, you have to get behind him as we have to get behind our team. That`s the role of any true fan.
To all our new American fans on 13:54 - Oct 4 with 4948 viewsmonmouth

Any animosity I have is directed at no Americans, other than in the majority shareholders' cavalier and unacceptable behaviour towards our 20% shareholding.

Nope, mine is targeted squarely at a bunch of Welsh, Dutch and South African shitheads.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

To all our new American fans on 13:55 - Oct 4 with 4945 viewsnierika

To all our new American fans on 13:47 - Oct 4 by Highjack

Are you going to vote for the giant douche or the turd sandwich?

Jill Stein.
To all our new American fans on 13:55 - Oct 4 with 4937 viewsWingstandwood

Excellent post!

Argus!

To all our new American fans on 13:58 - Oct 4 with 4922 viewsTrundle10

To all our new American fans on 13:50 - Oct 4 by irememberivor

This sort of anti-American feeling is just plain barmy. Look, whatever the reason, whatever the politics, whatever the lack of respect for Guidolin, we have now got Bob Bradley as our manager. If you are a true Swansea fan, you have to get behind him as we have to get behind our team. That`s the role of any true fan.

You can be a true fan and be disheartened and p1ssed off too, just because you don't wildy support the current regime it doesn't mean for a second you are not a proper fan. You could argue people who are p1ssed off care more.
To all our new American fans on 13:59 - Oct 4 with 4916 viewsLeonisGod

To all our new American fans on 11:38 - Oct 4 by jack247

Point of order, we're hostile xenophobes but not racists (well some on here blatantly are, but that's another story).

I suspect all Americans associated with SCAFC will be unwelcome, whatever their race (apart from Tummer as he seems like a decent fella and has made the effort to come and see us).
To all our new American fans on 14:02 - Oct 4 with 4909 viewsnierika

Here's how a meeting with the supporters trust would have went:

Owners: Hey the team is playing like sh1t, we're already in a relegation battle, the team has no consistent identity week to week and players are disrespecting the manager when being subbed off. We're going to replace him with Bob Bradley.

Trust: No!

Owners: Well, we own the team so we're going to do it anyway.
To all our new American fans on 14:08 - Oct 4 with 4881 viewsONENATIONUNDERGOD

You Brits should be darn grateful that a stand up citizen like Bob has agreed to come and save your limey asses!

Gun control? Is that when you shoot with two hands??!

To all our new American fans on 14:17 - Oct 4 with 4835 viewsjackal

To all our new American fans on 14:08 - Oct 4 by ONENATIONUNDERGOD

You Brits should be darn grateful that a stand up citizen like Bob has agreed to come and save your limey asses!

We'll see if he does indeed "save our asses". I hope he does, but I doubt it. He's in the best league in the world with no experience of it. It'll take more than bluster.
To all our new American fans on 14:23 - Oct 4 with 4804 viewsLord_Bony

Heh heh

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

To all our new American fans on 14:34 - Oct 4 with 4744 viewsjack247

My money is on Morningstar
To all our new American fans on 14:38 - Oct 4 with 4723 viewsepaul

Hi Donald

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

To all our new American fans on 14:38 - Oct 4 with 4715 viewscrix

exceptional
To all our new American fans on 14:42 - Oct 4 with 4697 viewsunion_jack

To all our new American fans on 14:34 - Oct 4 by jack247

My money is on Morningstar

Or Jackfath / Gaz_m / Murph75?

Didn't look, but were they posted in 'recess' time?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

To all our new American fans on 14:42 - Oct 4 with 4694 viewsHighjack

Is that Leighton James in your avatar?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024