Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
if Bob Bradley is a huge success, I won't gloat. 07:27 - Oct 5 with 5569 viewsTummer_from_Texas

But if he's a spectacular failure, I'm also not going to apologize on his behalf.

What is up with these factions? This club isn't big enough to have factions. Even if we ever get huge, I hope we can still remain "small" enough at heart to remember we are all still on the same side.

Most of the rest of you I know from this website were there for everything I missed. I wasnt there for the magical rise in the late 70's and early 80's that culminated in the promotion on the road (was it at Reading?) that must have been the moment of a lifetime for the really old Jacks.

I wasnt there for the first magical months of rarefied 1st Division air, or the cruel fall back to Earth that followed.

I wasnt there for the 20 years of Purgatory that followed that experience.

Or the crazy Petty year. Although, I think my girlfriend might have taken a
a leadership role in the North Bank Alliance had we been present, but you'll have to take my word on that.

Or the Hull game. I did drive over to site of the old Vetch before we left Swansea last December. I just stood there for awhile like I was in a trance, imagining the smell of stale beer and the noise. That same girlfriend thought I'd found some weed to smoke and took my car keys away. Then she remembered that she'd have to drive on the left side over here and she gave them back, lol!

And so on with all these experiences I missed, but sincerely appreciate.

I've made it a point to get to know a few who were there and have told some great tales, but most of you reading this only know me as an Internet "friend." Whether you want to accept that I can "understand" you or not, hopefully you accept that I empathise with how so many of you are feeling in these times. And it breaks my heart to read that real Jacks I admire and respect like Lisa say that this no longer feels like "their club."

But you have to realize one thing. People now and in the near future aren't becoming supporters because this club is a sexy, big PL name. They aren't becoming Swansea fans because of Champions League success, or a Chevrolet sponsorship and commercials, or the household names this club will never get, except when we accidentally stumble upon them.

I got into all this a couple years before JTAK, and I know that film is a source of ridicule among all you "insiders," but freaking get over it! Who cares if they really went to a freaking ATM, or if some of the characters interviewed were the most deserving ones? It is still a piece of art that you have to embrace.

The Alamo (1960) starring and directed by John Wayne is one of the most hilariously inaccurate films ever made, but San Antonians love it anyway. Because for all it's laughable faults, it represents our true spirit.

Actually that's a terrible example. That movie really SUCKED. The remake with Billy Bob Thornton is much better.

But getting back to my point...I and those who follow because we learn your story through JTAK, or because now Swansea will get exposure due to Americans owning/managing the club, aren't like your regular bandwagoners. We don't get into this club for the reasons people jump on board with the big clubs. We don't even love this club because of Siggy, or Bony, or Michu, or Leon, or Trundle, or James Thomas.

We love it because of YOU. That will always be your legacy. This club is yours, to us if not you. And we will never pretend we were actually there, suffering with you; but we still would like to appreciate everything you have made it represent.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2016 7:45]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

if Bob Bradley is a huge success, I won't gloat. on 07:39 - Oct 5 with 3519 viewsthe_gasman

great post, fingers crossed the man gets the job done and this fickle forum share your sentiment,Swansea City first. Good man Texan

Poll: The best thing about the new Planet Swans forum is...

if Bob Bradley is a huge success, I won't gloat. on 07:40 - Oct 5 with 3513 viewsPrivate_Partz

And you are more than welcome. The vast majority are with you. I hope more join up if we are a success but it is a big 'if'. You will get the odd few that will dig back through your old posts and bump them up for oneupmanship. They are in the minority however. Success or failure you are fine with me. A couple of your fellow countrymen could be in for it though ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

if Bob Bradley is a huge success, I won't gloat. on 07:52 - Oct 5 with 3467 viewsjack247

I'm dead against this appointment. Not because of where he is from, but because of what he has(n't) achieved so far in a relatively long managerial career and the type of football he plays. The PL is no place for nepotism or commercial appointments.

The anti-American stuff on here over the last few days, though I can understand it, is distasteful and I don't think reflects that well on us. I hope people realise that this frustration and anger is far more directed at the board than Bob himself, certainly not at Americans in general.

As much as I would have preferred we keep Guidolin or appoint a better manager, I absolutely hope he succeeds. If he fails, we fail. I can't imagine him getting anything other than full backing at matches, at least for the first few games. After that, it will be up to him.
if Bob Bradley is a huge success, I won't gloat. on 07:59 - Oct 5 with 3441 viewsSwansNZ

if Bob Bradley is a huge success, I won't gloat. on 07:52 - Oct 5 by jack247

I'm dead against this appointment. Not because of where he is from, but because of what he has(n't) achieved so far in a relatively long managerial career and the type of football he plays. The PL is no place for nepotism or commercial appointments.

The anti-American stuff on here over the last few days, though I can understand it, is distasteful and I don't think reflects that well on us. I hope people realise that this frustration and anger is far more directed at the board than Bob himself, certainly not at Americans in general.

As much as I would have preferred we keep Guidolin or appoint a better manager, I absolutely hope he succeeds. If he fails, we fail. I can't imagine him getting anything other than full backing at matches, at least for the first few games. After that, it will be up to him.

Top post, as was TFT's opening one.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

if Bob Bradley is a huge success, I won't gloat. on 08:05 - Oct 5 with 3411 viewsWhiterockin

if Bob Bradley is a huge success, I won't gloat. on 07:52 - Oct 5 by jack247

Exactly this, we have appointed Bradley only because he is American and we have American shareholders. How would American fans feel if we had appointed a manager who's CV had manager of Costa Rica (similar ranked team to the USA) and manger of a French second tier side as the top of his achievements.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2016 8:08]
if Bob Bradley is a huge success, I won't gloat. on 08:06 - Oct 5 with 3403 viewsnierika

After all of the nonsense Ive seen on here, I will.
if Bob Bradley is a huge success, I won't gloat. on 08:07 - Oct 5 with 3399 viewsmonmouth

Who gives a shit what anyone says or thinks on a football website. Why on earth would anyone 'gloat or apologise' for something totally outside their control? If Bradley succeeds no one will give a toss about his background or nationality anyway. If he fails, he'll get the kitchen sink chucked at him, as those before him did.

Our club has been moving away at a rate of knots from everything we have held dear through the rise that gave him this opportunity. If he, and his employers can restore some of that, then great.

Do I think they will? Not a cat's chance in hell. Supporter involvement in decisions looks a thing of the past, and we now have our own Pulis lite that may motivate the squad but is hardly a student of pass, move and triangles. Nope, I'm fearing yet more shape-and-hump writ large on the pitch, and autocratic 'we know best' decisions off it.

Does what I think matter? Not at all. Do I hope that people like Curt and the Trust will be allowed a more active role, and reverse back down the path trodden since 2013, you bet your ass.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

if Bob Bradley is a huge success, I won't gloat. on 08:11 - Oct 5 with 3380 viewswaynekerr55

if Bob Bradley is a huge success, I won't gloat. on 08:05 - Oct 5 by Whiterockin

Exactly this, we have appointed Bradley only because he is American and we have American shareholders. How would American fans feel if we had appointed a manager who's CV had manager of Costa Rica (similar ranked team to the USA) and manger of a French second tier side as the top of his achievements.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2016 8:08]

This shows the current incumbents don't understand the concept of 'promotion' and 'relegation'.

We have a manager who's cut from the same archetypal cloth as Moyes and his ilk. We don't have the players capable of playing mutant percentage hoofball

Back to the OP, Tummer I had a spell in the US coaching football (soccer) and back then there were two things they were really into, mirroring the Brazilian sweeper system and fitness. Is this still the case?

I really hope Bradley doesn't bring that stupid running approach otherwise we'll have no players left as they'll pop their hamstrings and groins left, right and centre.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

if Bob Bradley is a huge success, I won't gloat. on 08:23 - Oct 5 with 3329 viewsmonmouth

Oh and by the way, the yanks can't really lose with me. Fail and it's because they have acted in a way that was entirely predictable when they were recklessly sold the club by the bunch of c***s that called themselves fans.

Succeed and it's down to them taking a massive blind odds-against risk and lucking out, and nothing to do with any foresight or care of the sellouts.

if Bob Bradley is a huge success, I won't gloat. on 08:29 - Oct 5 with 3306 viewsShonky

if Bob Bradley is a huge success, I won't gloat. on 08:11 - Oct 5 by waynekerr55

This shows the current incumbents don't understand the concept of 'promotion' and 'relegation'.

We have a manager who's cut from the same archetypal cloth as Moyes and his ilk. We don't have the players capable of playing mutant percentage hoofball

Back to the OP, Tummer I had a spell in the US coaching football (soccer) and back then there were two things they were really into, mirroring the Brazilian sweeper system and fitness. Is this still the case?

I really hope Bradley doesn't bring that stupid running approach otherwise we'll have no players left as they'll pop their hamstrings and groins left, right and centre.

No running approach? Will we be the first advocates of walking football in the Premier League?
That's a bold strategy.
Will certainly garner much attention, lets hope its not for the wrong reasons though.

Its just a ride...

if Bob Bradley is a huge success, I won't gloat. on 08:32 - Oct 5 with 3294 viewsWarwickHunt

if Bob Bradley is a huge success, I won't gloat. on 08:29 - Oct 5 by Shonky

No running approach? Will we be the first advocates of walking football in the Premier League?
That's a bold strategy.
Will certainly garner much attention, lets hope its not for the wrong reasons though.

if Bob Bradley is a huge success, I won't gloat. on 08:33 - Oct 5 with 3284 viewsgetcarter

Do not worry people, leave it to the experts.
if Bob Bradley is a huge success, I won't gloat. on 08:34 - Oct 5 with 3276 viewswaynekerr55

if Bob Bradley is a huge success, I won't gloat. on 08:32 - Oct 5 by WarwickHunt

Ironically, they move quicker than Steve Torpey...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

if Bob Bradley is a huge success, I won't gloat. on 08:37 - Oct 5 with 3251 viewscostalotta

if Bob Bradley is a huge success, I won't gloat. on 08:23 - Oct 5 by monmouth

Oh and by the way, the yanks can't really lose with me. Fail and it's because they have acted in a way that was entirely predictable when they were recklessly sold the club by the bunch of c***s that called themselves fans.

Succeed and it's down to them taking a massive blind odds-against risk and lucking out, and nothing to do with any foresight or care of the sellouts.

Definitely, but I'd rather they succeed but not sure it will happen.They've made too many bad decisions already and see to be too far down a certain road IMO.

I really hope the Trust have this in hand as Phil alluded and I help our fans and not just Trust members are up for a fight!
if Bob Bradley is a huge success, I won't gloat. on 08:45 - Oct 5 with 3220 viewsReturn_of_the_Jack

if Bob Bradley is a huge success, I won't gloat. on 08:07 - Oct 5 by monmouth

Who gives a shit what anyone says or thinks on a football website. Why on earth would anyone 'gloat or apologise' for something totally outside their control? If Bradley succeeds no one will give a toss about his background or nationality anyway. If he fails, he'll get the kitchen sink chucked at him, as those before him did.

Our club has been moving away at a rate of knots from everything we have held dear through the rise that gave him this opportunity. If he, and his employers can restore some of that, then great.

Do I think they will? Not a cat's chance in hell. Supporter involvement in decisions looks a thing of the past, and we now have our own Pulis lite that may motivate the squad but is hardly a student of pass, move and triangles. Nope, I'm fearing yet more shape-and-hump writ large on the pitch, and autocratic 'we know best' decisions off it.

Does what I think matter? Not at all. Do I hope that people like Curt and the Trust will be allowed a more active role, and reverse back down the path trodden since 2013, you bet your ass.

Great post
if Bob Bradley is a huge success, I won't gloat. on 09:16 - Oct 5 with 3131 viewscrix

Great op mate almost brought a tear to my eye. When some of the idiots on here have their monthly pissing competition regarding which of them is our biggest fan, well chances are you are probably a bigger fan then most of them. But lets not go down that road in this thread.
The thing is the vast majority of us have nothing against Americans (your government is another matter though lol) or them wanting to support our team. Personally I think its pretty cool we are getting fans from all over the world interested in us. Its just a case of the guys at the helm now are Americans. If they were Chinese, Arabs or any other nationality and done the exact same thing we would be slating them just as much. Its not even the fact we got a new American manager it’s the fact that on paper hes crap. As many on here have said already we will get behind him anyway and hope he proves us wrong.
Tummer youre officially a Yank Bastard;)
if Bob Bradley is a huge success, I won't gloat. on 09:22 - Oct 5 with 3105 viewsLeonisGod

if Bob Bradley is a huge success, I won't gloat. on 09:16 - Oct 5 by crix

Great op mate almost brought a tear to my eye. When some of the idiots on here have their monthly pissing competition regarding which of them is our biggest fan, well chances are you are probably a bigger fan then most of them. But lets not go down that road in this thread.
The thing is the vast majority of us have nothing against Americans (your government is another matter though lol) or them wanting to support our team. Personally I think its pretty cool we are getting fans from all over the world interested in us. Its just a case of the guys at the helm now are Americans. If they were Chinese, Arabs or any other nationality and done the exact same thing we would be slating them just as much. Its not even the fact we got a new American manager it’s the fact that on paper hes crap. As many on here have said already we will get behind him anyway and hope he proves us wrong.
Tummer youre officially a Yank Bastard;)

Agreed, whoever had taken over would be getting flack. Outsiders are treated with suspicion on here. Even Perchie is considered a foreigner and he's only moved 20 miles outside of Wales.
if Bob Bradley is a huge success, I won't gloat. on 09:29 - Oct 5 with 3078 viewsPrivate_Partz

if Bob Bradley is a huge success, I won't gloat. on 09:22 - Oct 5 by LeonisGod

Agreed, whoever had taken over would be getting flack. Outsiders are treated with suspicion on here. Even Perchie is considered a foreigner and he's only moved 20 miles outside of Wales.

As an aside The Washington Post has done a very good article on Boo. Sorry I can't do a link from my phone but it is on News Now. I am surprised how knowledgeable the reporter is and gives a decent insight into our new manager at the end. A very balanced report IMHO.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

if Bob Bradley is a huge success, I won't gloat. on 09:42 - Oct 5 with 3054 viewsjack247

if Bob Bradley is a huge success, I won't gloat. on 08:06 - Oct 5 by nierika

After all of the nonsense Ive seen on here, I will.

Mate, nobody will care. If he is successful we will be happy. A lot of us just don't think he will be.

If we had Chinese owners who appointed a Chinese coach who played boring football and had spent most of his career in minor leagues, it would be just the same on here
if Bob Bradley is a huge success, I won't gloat. on 09:43 - Oct 5 with 3052 viewsShonky

if Bob Bradley is a huge success, I won't gloat. on 08:32 - Oct 5 by WarwickHunt

In fairness , Rangel has been playing walking judo... err... football for years now, so he can lead the way.

Its just a ride...

if Bob Bradley is a huge success, I won't gloat. on 09:45 - Oct 5 with 3039 viewsLeonisGod

if Bob Bradley is a huge success, I won't gloat. on 09:29 - Oct 5 by Private_Partz

As an aside The Washington Post has done a very good article on Boo. Sorry I can't do a link from my phone but it is on News Now. I am surprised how knowledgeable the reporter is and gives a decent insight into our new manager at the end. A very balanced report IMHO.

Thanks. Here's the link for anyone interested.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/soccer-insider/wp/2016/10/05/bob-bradley-bla
if Bob Bradley is a huge success, I won't gloat. on 09:45 - Oct 5 with 3039 viewsmonmouth

if Bob Bradley is a huge success, I won't gloat. on 09:29 - Oct 5 by Private_Partz

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/soccer-insider/wp/2016/10/05/bob-bradley-bla

if Bob Bradley is a huge success, I won't gloat. on 09:59 - Oct 5 with 2983 viewsTheKirkyLife

I've personally been looking into Bob's press conferences too and stumbled upon this little segment he had in Norway aptly named 'Bob's Corner' where he directly addresses the fans. I tell you what this man has already won me round on giving him 100% support and he wasn't even talking to our set of fans!

You just get a very genuine impression from the guy and that he's continually learning, putting in 100%.
if Bob Bradley is a huge success, I won't gloat. on 10:20 - Oct 5 with 2933 viewsdougie

if Bob Bradley is a huge success, I won't gloat. on 09:45 - Oct 5 by monmouth

So he was at la Harve because they have american owners ! I wonder how much we paid them to break his contract
if Bob Bradley is a huge success, I won't gloat. on 10:23 - Oct 5 with 2918 viewsjackjackjackjack

if Bob Bradley is a huge success, I won't gloat. on 09:59 - Oct 5 by TheKirkyLife

I've personally been looking into Bob's press conferences too and stumbled upon this little segment he had in Norway aptly named 'Bob's Corner' where he directly addresses the fans. I tell you what this man has already won me round on giving him 100% support and he wasn't even talking to our set of fans!

You just get a very genuine impression from the guy and that he's continually learning, putting in 100%.

There was a Stabaek fan on Reddit eulogising over Bob. Said he did very well to challenge near the top of the table with limited funds and squad.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024