Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Minute silence for Aberfan disaster? 10:02 - Oct 19 with 4553 viewsSwansea93

With the 50th anniversary of the Aberfan diasaster this coming Friday, do you think that the club will hold a minutes silence for those who were tragically lost on that day on Saturday?

Seen someone mention this on the other swans site and it's definitely something I think the club should do. Give the club an email and maybe they'll do it.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2016 10:05]

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Minute silence for Aberfan disaster? on 10:08 - Oct 19 with 2715 viewsperchrockjack

Yes

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Minute silence for Aberfan disaster? on 10:09 - Oct 19 with 2713 viewsmonmouth

At last, something truly worth such a gesture.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Minute silence for Aberfan disaster? on 10:10 - Oct 19 with 2707 viewssherpajacob

I've seen on FB cardiff fans are intending to have a minutes applause on 50 minutes.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Minute silence for Aberfan disaster? on 10:11 - Oct 19 with 2702 viewsperchrockjack

Mon.

Most on here will have only read of it or seen clips on telly.

I was in a car crossing the old Briton ferry bridge and it's impact was choking.

People must be reminded of such injustices and why they should be challenged at every turn

Minute silence for Aberfan disaster? on 10:15 - Oct 19 with 2690 viewsmonmouth

Minute silence for Aberfan disaster? on 10:11 - Oct 19 by perchrockjack

Mon.

Most on here will have only read of it or seen clips on telly.

I was in a car crossing the old Briton ferry bridge and it's impact was choking.

People must be reminded of such injustices and why they should be challenged at every turn

I was in school aged 7 and was sent home. Took a lot to quieten me down in those days Rich, but everyone's reaction that day is still etched into my memory. Remember it like yesterday.

Minute silence for Aberfan disaster? on 10:23 - Oct 19 with 2667 viewsperchrockjack

Indeed .

Clesrlyarly parallels with NCB and South Yorks Police ,two public bodies avoiding liability.

However, SYP were simply avoiding blame but NCB both blame but also Cost.

Imagine rehousing disaster victims in a caravan then charging .

Minute silence for Aberfan disaster? on 10:38 - Oct 19 with 2636 viewsswansea101

Minute silence for Aberfan disaster? on 10:10 - Oct 19 by sherpajacob

I've seen on FB cardiff fans are intending to have a minutes applause on 50 minutes.

I'm all for the minute of applause, but this is definitely a minute silence event. Poor little kids didn't have a chance to have a life to applaud, and the gravity of the miscarriage by the NCB/government isnt something I'd want to clap to
Minute silence for Aberfan disaster? on 10:44 - Oct 19 with 2622 viewsCooperman

Minute silence for Aberfan disaster? on 10:38 - Oct 19 by swansea101

I'm all for the minute of applause, but this is definitely a minute silence event. Poor little kids didn't have a chance to have a life to applaud, and the gravity of the miscarriage by the NCB/government isnt something I'd want to clap to

I agree, this isn't looking for positive reflections or the accomplishments of the deceased that sometimes occur. A minute of silence is much more of a fitting tribute. Our workplace will be holding one on Friday morning.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Login to get fewer ads

Minute silence for Aberfan disaster? on 11:06 - Oct 19 with 2589 viewsmax936

100% THIS.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Minute silence for Aberfan disaster? on 11:21 - Oct 19 with 2560 viewssherpajacob

Official. Cardiff are having a minutes silence before tonight's home game against sheff wed and both teams are wearing black armbands.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Minute silence for Aberfan disaster? on 11:25 - Oct 19 with 2551 viewsjackharris

I remember we played Millwall at the Liberty, on I think the 40th anniversary of the Aberfan Disaster and it was impeccably held by the 2 sets of fans.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Minute silence for Aberfan disaster? on 11:52 - Oct 19 with 2501 viewsunion_jack

It warrants only silence NOT applause. Some people!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Minute silence for Aberfan disaster? on 12:01 - Oct 19 with 2486 viewsmonmouth

Minute silence for Aberfan disaster? on 11:52 - Oct 19 by union_jack

It warrants only silence NOT applause. Some people!

And total, bleak, miserable, reflective, absolute, pin-drop silence at that.

Minute silence for Aberfan disaster? on 12:07 - Oct 19 with 2470 viewsdameedna

Dad was digging through the night
Minute silence for Aberfan disaster? on 12:19 - Oct 19 with 2447 viewsSwaneeRiver

Minute silence for Aberfan disaster? on 10:10 - Oct 19 by sherpajacob

I think a properly announced minutes silence before the game is the way to go.
TBH should be happening in every ground throughout the country - this was a national disaster not just a Welsh one.
Minute silence for Aberfan disaster? on 12:23 - Oct 19 with 2438 viewsblackflyingswan

Totally Agree .The SILENCE should be GOLDEN. This was the year I was married, and England
won the World cup. The disaster was so Soul destroying .R.I.P.you little Angels.
Minute silence for Aberfan disaster? on 15:14 - Oct 19 with 2308 viewslondonlisa2001

Minute silence for Aberfan disaster? on 11:21 - Oct 19 by sherpajacob

Official. Cardiff are having a minutes silence before tonight's home game against sheff wed and both teams are wearing black armbands.

In my opinion, that's exactly what we should be doing and I hope we are.

Black armbands and a minute's silence.
Minute silence for Aberfan disaster? on 15:21 - Oct 19 with 2301 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Minute silence for Aberfan disaster? on 10:15 - Oct 19 by monmouth

I was in school aged 7 and was sent home. Took a lot to quieten me down in those days Rich, but everyone's reaction that day is still etched into my memory. Remember it like yesterday.

I was 10 and sent home early as well.

That evening I asked where my father was (he was the senior shaft sinking and tunnelling engineer for the NCB in south Wales at the time) and was told he was at Aberfan helping with the rescue effort. He didn't come home for three days and never really spoke in detail about the experience. He did say that digging equipment couldn't get to the scene at one point because it was blocked by cars displaying press accreditation and the police authorised the diggers to push the press cars away and not to concern themselves with any damage caused.

Terrible time for that community.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Minute silence for Aberfan disaster? on 15:58 - Oct 19 with 2261 viewstrampie

http://www.historyandpolicy.org/policy-papers/papers/aberfan-no-end-of-a-lesson

https://baarbaarathesheep.wordpress.com/2014/10/20/aberfan-and-the-free-wales-ar

The NCB, the British State and the Labour party had a lot to answer for, a terrible tragedy that should not be forgotten.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Minute silence for Aberfan disaster? on 16:01 - Oct 19 with 2254 viewslondonlisa2001

Minute silence for Aberfan disaster? on 15:58 - Oct 19 by trampie

http://www.historyandpolicy.org/policy-papers/papers/aberfan-no-end-of-a-lesson

https://baarbaarathesheep.wordpress.com/2014/10/20/aberfan-and-the-free-wales-ar

The NCB, the British State and the Labour party had a lot to answer for, a terrible tragedy that should not be forgotten.

It is indeed a terrible, awful, gut wrenching tragedy and one that should not be hijacked by you to push an 'anti British' agenda. Have some respect.
Minute silence for Aberfan disaster? on 16:10 - Oct 19 with 2230 viewstrampie

The Welsh had to go in to fight the corner of the victims Lisa, a gold watch was given to the leader of the Welsh by the residents, shocking the way people in power acted.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Minute silence for Aberfan disaster? on 16:11 - Oct 19 with 2222 views3swan

Minute silence for Aberfan disaster? on 10:38 - Oct 19 by swansea101

100% it should be a minutes silence and not applause.

Also the stewards should be made aware that no-one should be allowed to enter the seating area whilst it’s taking place.
Minute silence for Aberfan disaster? on 16:16 - Oct 19 with 2211 viewsHighjack

Minute silence for Aberfan disaster? on 16:10 - Oct 19 by trampie

The Welsh had to go in to fight the corner of the victims Lisa, a gold watch was given to the leader of the Welsh by the residents, shocking the way people in power acted.

What the absolute f uck are you wibbling on about?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Minute silence for Aberfan disaster? on 16:22 - Oct 19 with 2196 viewslondonlisa2001

Minute silence for Aberfan disaster? on 16:10 - Oct 19 by trampie

One of the people who behaved most appallingly in the entire sickening tragedy was Welsh, and indeed from the valleys himself you absolute horror.

And this thread is not the place to discuss your warped agenda. Have some respect.
Minute silence for Aberfan disaster? on 16:27 - Oct 19 with 2189 viewstrampie

Minute silence for Aberfan disaster? on 16:22 - Oct 19 by londonlisa2001

One of the people who behaved most appallingly in the entire sickening tragedy was Welsh, and indeed from the valleys himself you absolute horror.

And this thread is not the place to discuss your warped agenda. Have some respect.

There is Brit Nat Welsh and there is Welsh Welsh, there is good and bad in all sorts of groups, things should not be brushed under the carpet as those things that went on should never ever happen again.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024