Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread 11:44 - Oct 19 with 32509 viewsjackharris

Venue: Liberty stadium, Swansea
Saturday 22nd October 2016
Kick Off: 3pm

Proud To Be A Swan!
[Post edited 22 Oct 2016 13:54]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 18:20 - Oct 22 with 2183 viewsnierika

There are no must win games with 29 matches remaining
The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 18:22 - Oct 22 with 2174 viewscostalotta

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 17:06 - Oct 22 by A_Fans_Dad

If it was so slow and ponderous, how did we tear them apart so often in the latter part of the second half then?

I agree with ice. We were slow and ponderous for the most part but less so in the 2nd half. When we did move the ball created chances. Simples....
The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 18:43 - Oct 22 with 2080 viewsjasper_T

Ki seems to play a lot better when his every touch doesn't get booed. Food for thought?

Imagine if he got the Leon treatment every game.
The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 18:44 - Oct 22 with 2072 viewsItchySphincter

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 18:02 - Oct 22 by jacabertawe

Yep. Straw clutching in abundance on here tonight. We lost. We dropped points. We are in the relegation zone.

Duh, wut?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 18:47 - Oct 22 with 2062 viewsItchySphincter

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 18:43 - Oct 22 by jasper_T

Ki seems to play a lot better when his every touch doesn't get booed. Food for thought?

He was awful. Never had a bigger shithouse pulled on the shirt. Weak in possession, weak in the tackle. Give the tw@t a free transfer.

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 18:59 - Oct 22 with 2008 viewsmonmouth

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 18:43 - Oct 22 by jasper_T

Ki seems to play better when he's not on the pitch.

Imagine if he was dropped.

Food for thought?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 19:02 - Oct 22 with 1986 viewssherpajacob

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 18:59 - Oct 22 by monmouth

Ki seems to play better when he's not on the pitch.

Imagine if he was dropped.

Food for thought?

No reflection on how anyone played, but surprised Fer didn't come on at some point.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 19:04 - Oct 22 with 1970 viewsScotia

That was very slightly better. We drew and couldn't score against Watford at home!
Highlight was mawson who did ok.

I can't understand the lack of subs though I felt the midfield needed some fresh legs.

Still it was a point.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 19:13 - Oct 22 with 1942 viewsbarry_island

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 19:02 - Oct 22 by sherpajacob

No reflection on how anyone played, but surprised Fer didn't come on at some point.

Sadly he should have come on for Leon not Ki.

Is there any chance we can club together to send Leon on that programme "10 years younger"?

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 19:13 - Oct 22 with 1940 viewsAnotherJohn

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 18:47 - Oct 22 by ItchySphincter

He was awful. Never had a bigger shithouse pulled on the shirt. Weak in possession, weak in the tackle. Give the tw@t a free transfer.

Ki didn't have a great game, but it was marginally better than his last. I walked across from Rossi's today and passed the coach entrance just as the players walked across from the car park and had to deal with the kids after selfies and autographs. Bob and Curt were both very patient and friendly, but I was disappointed to see that most players didn't speak much to the kids and paused unsmiling and deadpan to get the task over with ASAP. The only exception was Ki who wore a big smile and actually seemed to enjoy mingling. Perhaps he was in a good mood knowing he would play.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2016 19:20]
The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 19:24 - Oct 22 with 1876 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 18:02 - Oct 22 by jacabertawe

Yep. Straw clutching in abundance on here tonight. We lost. We dropped points. We are in the relegation zone.

We dropped points, but we didn't lose.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 19:28 - Oct 22 with 1861 viewsItchySphincter

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 19:13 - Oct 22 by AnotherJohn

Ki didn't have a great game, but it was marginally better than his last. I walked across from Rossi's today and passed the coach entrance just as the players walked across from the car park and had to deal with the kids after selfies and autographs. Bob and Curt were both very patient and friendly, but I was disappointed to see that most players didn't speak much to the kids and paused unsmiling and deadpan to get the task over with ASAP. The only exception was Ki who wore a big smile and actually seemed to enjoy mingling. Perhaps he was in a good mood knowing he would play.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2016 19:20]

Perhaps he just a jolly fellow who couldn't give a sh!t about our predicament.

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 19:41 - Oct 22 with 1815 viewsjacabertawe

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 18:44 - Oct 22 by ItchySphincter

Duh, wut?

Yes, of course we drew. I meant to say it felt like a loss.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 21:06 - Oct 22 with 1621 viewscockneyswan

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 16:58 - Oct 22 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Accepting below acceptable performances and results is what led to the state we find ourselves in now, where playing for a 0-0 against a rubbish Watford side is apparently fine and dandy.

We need to win games and we really wont get too many easier opportunities than today. They offered absolutely nothing and we spent most of the game playing for a draw.

"Playing for a draw"? You feckin knob what game did you watch? Fair play your posts are still absolute garbage!!
The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 21:11 - Oct 22 with 1605 viewsjackrabbit

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 17:16 - Oct 22 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Called it exactly right?

We drew 0-0. We didn't win 10-0.

If that is calling it exactly right then I suspect we'll average attendances around ~11,000 a game come May if we're drawing 0-0 every week.

For this game he called it exactly right - we didn't lose. That was vital. Yes we must win games, but sometimes you just make sure you don't lose. It would have been 5 on the trot.

As it happens we should have won but we didn't. We will though. Bob Bradley is still evaluating the team. That was his second game in charge. Anybody criticising his selections needs to take a chill pill. The players we've got are what he has to work with. That's it. Give him some time ffs.
The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 22:36 - Oct 22 with 1461 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 21:11 - Oct 22 by jackrabbit

For this game he called it exactly right - we didn't lose. That was vital. Yes we must win games, but sometimes you just make sure you don't lose. It would have been 5 on the trot.

As it happens we should have won but we didn't. We will though. Bob Bradley is still evaluating the team. That was his second game in charge. Anybody criticising his selections needs to take a chill pill. The players we've got are what he has to work with. That's it. Give him some time ffs.

That last sentence rang true with Guidolin. I can't see any improvement in intensity or style of play from Bob and I reallly didn't expect to either.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 22:53 - Oct 22 with 1431 viewsRancid

Not a bad side Watford and we put them to the sword second half and should have won.Nio panicking just yet.
The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 22:57 - Oct 22 with 1424 viewsJackFish

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 22:36 - Oct 22 by Brynmill_Jack

That last sentence rang true with Guidolin. I can't see any improvement in intensity or style of play from Bob and I reallly didn't expect to either.

Yeah, exactly this unfortunately. It wasn't really FG's fault we were crap and it's not Bradley's fault if we don't win many games from now until the transfer window opens. They can only work with what they've got, and when that involves selling your best players and buying cheap replacements it's not surprising we're struggling big time.
The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 23:34 - Oct 22 with 1364 viewsGriffting

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 18:01 - Oct 22 by AnotherJohn

I said that because a lot of clearances were booted into the crowd and the forward passes out of defence often went astray, especially in the first half. I prefer this pair to what we had before, but I fear their limitations will be exposed by the stronger teams. Their capacity to start a move by carrying the ball forward (Chico or Ash-style) isn't yet evident.

Some of the passes forward by Mawson were probably the best I've seen from a swans CB this season, although that's not exactly hard. VDH however, is sometimes abit too quick to loft his up to the striker.
The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 04:14 - Oct 23 with 1238 viewsStarsky

We lost?
What are you clutching?

It's just the internet, init.

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 08:14 - Oct 23 with 1162 viewsDr_Winston

First half it definitely seemed like we were holding something back. Watford looked a strong counterattacking unit and given Bradley's comments recently about gaps it wouldn't surprise me if people were under orders not to move too far forward and leave ourselves open to it.

Second half there was a lot more positivity about us, but Watford were noticeably given more room when they did get the chance to hit us on the break.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 08:42 - Oct 23 with 1141 viewsShonky

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 04:14 - Oct 23 by Starsky

We lost?
What are you clutching?

A crackpipe?

Its just a ride...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024