Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Trust selling up 14:31 - Oct 23 with 23679 viewsDarran

Why are people saying the Trust won't sell up then?

Perhaps they will who knows?

Philip?
[Post edited 23 Oct 2016 14:32]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Trust selling up on 21:44 - Oct 24 with 1303 viewslondonlisa2001

The Trust selling up on 21:16 - Oct 24 by Nookiejack

So if he has a duty of care to the club what are the implications of this? If for example he was privy to the offer from Steve and Jason and told by the club not to disclose it as confidential - how does he then decide whether to disclose it to the Trust - if he has also got a duty of care to the Trust?

Or on similar conflicts does the fact that he is a Supporter Director of the Trust means his duty of care to the Trust will always his duty of care to the club?

There are occasionally situations where the director can be asked to treat information as confidential to the Board and not to share with shareholders. I am not saying for one second it happened here as it has been firmly refuted that HC knew anything.
The Trust selling up on 21:45 - Oct 24 with 1300 viewsmorningstar

The Trust selling up on 21:41 - Oct 24 by londonlisa2001

Ah right.

No, it wasn't leaked to me. Nor was it a guess. It was based on my experience of what frequently happens and I didn't know the answer when I asked.

Well we know that like, it's just that you asked what he said so i thought it only fair that i put up the whole post instead of just one sentence.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

The Trust selling up on 21:45 - Oct 24 with 1294 viewsNeiltheTaylor

All of which is immensely detrimental to the push for memberships at a crucial time.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

The Trust selling up on 21:45 - Oct 24 with 1291 viewslondonlisa2001

The Trust selling up on 21:34 - Oct 24 by exiledclaseboy

I don't see how you can be a representative of one party on the board of a second party while at the same time being paid by that second party for being a representative of the first party. It's patently ridiculous and a clear potential conflict of interest. If the role of supporter director has become so large and ungainly that it's now a full time job with a salary attached then it needs to be redefined because that's clearly not what the role should be. In fact it's a complete contradiction of what the role should be. This has all got very messy.

And if the accusation of character assassination was in any way aimed at me I resent it.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2016 21:36]

Not even slightly Clasie. It was the bits about him being p*****d in a bar. Genuinely.
The Trust selling up on 21:47 - Oct 24 with 1279 viewsNeiltheTaylor

The Trust selling up on 21:41 - Oct 24 by londonlisa2001

Ah right.

No, it wasn't leaked to me. Nor was it a guess. It was based on my experience of what frequently happens and I didn't know the answer when I asked.

I'm surprised a highly experienced corporate wonk like Shaky didn't realise that too...

The Trust selling up on 21:50 - Oct 24 with 1253 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Trust selling up on 21:45 - Oct 24 by londonlisa2001

Not even slightly Clasie. It was the bits about him being p*****d in a bar. Genuinely.

Ok, thanks. I was hoping so.

Poll: Tory leader

The Trust selling up on 21:51 - Oct 24 with 1244 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Trust selling up on 21:45 - Oct 24 by NeiltheTaylor

All of which is immensely detrimental to the push for memberships at a crucial time.

Which is the absolute worst thing about this whole mess.

The Trust selling up on 21:53 - Oct 24 with 1233 viewsUplandsJack

Why does Shaky get such a bad press on here?
Not been on other site for ages, but reading what someone else has copy & pasted what he wrote, I have no problem with it. Apart from the silly description for PS.

It is totally right in my opinion, that anyone who undertakes a position in the trust or any organisation for that matter, should expect and quite honestly welcome, being scrutinised for the job they are doing. If they are not comfortable with that, don't stand in the first place plain and simple.

The Trust has to stand up and admit they too have seemingly mislead us, or at least portrayed things to be different than is the reality.
But that said, all is not lost. Out of this latest revelation, some good can come in the form of reform. As i have said this could start with reverting back to maximum terms in position, eligibility of election to role, to name two suggestions..
Login to get fewer ads

The Trust selling up on 21:53 - Oct 24 with 1223 viewsNeiltheTaylor

The Trust selling up on 21:51 - Oct 24 by exiledclaseboy

Which is the absolute worst thing about this whole mess.

Looks like we are kippered which ever way we turn

The Trust selling up on 21:55 - Oct 24 with 1201 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Trust selling up on 21:53 - Oct 24 by NeiltheTaylor

Looks like we are kippered which ever way we turn

I still have faith in the Trust. But change in the supporter director position and clarity about what the role entails is now clearly essential.

The Trust selling up on 22:00 - Oct 24 with 1170 viewsUxbridge

The Trust selling up on 21:34 - Oct 24 by exiledclaseboy

I don't see how you can be a representative of one party on the board of a second party while at the same time being paid by that second party for being a representative of the first party. It's patently ridiculous and a clear potential conflict of interest. If the role of supporter director has become so large and ungainly that it's now a full time job with a salary attached then it needs to be redefined because that's clearly not what the role should be. In fact it's a complete contradiction of what the role should be. This has all got very messy.

And if the accusation of character assassination was in any way aimed at me I resent it.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2016 21:36]

" If the role of supporter director has become so large and ungainly that it's now a full time job with a salary attached then it needs to be redefined because that's clearly not what the role should be. In fact it's a complete contradiction of what the role should be. This has all got very messy. "

I think this is the issue in a nutshell. The combining of the constituent elements of Huw's role at the club (SD, SLO, Community Trust etc) have evolved into well beyond what the remit should be. Ironically this had been recognised, as documented at http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/join-the-trust-board/ in the "Conflict of Interest" document at the bottom of the page.

I'll start another thread shortly, but we're in the process of uploading the results of the Trust review of roles, processes etc. Two documents are online at the above link, the SD specific ones (generic SD role, and HC specific details) will be uploaded when our webmaster stops watching Cold Feet (joke!). While I suspect it'll be more grist to the mill, it'll be a complete breakdown of the situation, and proposed future process.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The Trust selling up on 22:03 - Oct 24 with 1151 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Thanks Ux. Your diligence is very much appreciated in this crazy, messed up world.

The Trust selling up on 22:03 - Oct 24 with 1146 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Trust selling up on 22:03 - Oct 24 by NeiltheTaylor

Thanks Ux. Your diligence is very much appreciated in this crazy, messed up world.

I concur.

The Trust selling up on 22:05 - Oct 24 with 1123 viewsUxbridge

Thanks but, well, I'm kicking myself a bit. I saw this coming a mile away ,ever since it came to my attention. Wanted to preempt this, however to get everything documented and agreed takes time. Literally talking days here.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2016 22:06]

The Trust selling up on 22:08 - Oct 24 with 1096 viewsUplandsJack

Uxbridge can you please confirm with a simple yes or no,

Are any Trust members EXCLUDING Hugh Cooze, paid directly or indirectly by way of freebies etc apart from travel eXpenses for the work/time put into their roles which they were elected to do?
The Trust selling up on 22:15 - Oct 24 with 1054 viewsUxbridge

The Trust selling up on 22:08 - Oct 24 by UplandsJack

Uxbridge can you please confirm with a simple yes or no,

Are any Trust members EXCLUDING Hugh Cooze, paid directly or indirectly by way of freebies etc apart from travel eXpenses for the work/time put into their roles which they were elected to do?

Sure I can answer that.

While travel expenses are occasionally paid where relevant (and I know plenty of occasions where this hasn't happened), no Trust board members are recompensed for their duties. The Trust does have spaces in the directors box on matchdays (supporters director plus two guests (usually one trust board member and a guest), both home and away. That's about the only perk I can think of, if you could even call it that.

The only other thing I can think about in terms of payments relates to our legal fees. Whilst our legal affiliate (Dai) does a lot of work pro bono, we have also engaged his firm to act as legal representatives in recent months, however that has been negotiated at a deep discount. Barrister is separate to that.

The Trust selling up on 22:17 - Oct 24 with 1035 viewscostalotta

The Trust selling up on 23:39 - Oct 23 by Uxbridge

Sorry - Just saw this. Currently redecorating .. know any good builders in SA2?

I was hoping this would have been covered in the governance and roles and responsibility documents that have taken an age to complete and should have been online now (they've been approved at the October meeting but a hold up with getting them published - should be resolved in a day or so), but yes HC does receive recompense from the club for his SD and SLO activities, which have been a full-time job so view of the Trust board has been that it covers loss of earnings.

Wow.

Have to ask, why was there a hold up,on printing ? Who were the contracted printers of this document? Why could it not have been released as a,PDF?

I'm sorry if this has been answered after I've read it and before I read all the responses...but wow.
The Trust selling up on 22:20 - Oct 24 with 1010 viewsUxbridge

The Trust selling up on 22:17 - Oct 24 by costalotta

Wow.

Have to ask, why was there a hold up,on printing ? Who were the contracted printers of this document? Why could it not have been released as a,PDF?

I'm sorry if this has been answered after I've read it and before I read all the responses...but wow.

Because the bloke who can press the button to upload has family commitments. We have lives.

The Trust selling up on 22:20 - Oct 24 with 1010 viewscostalotta

The Trust selling up on 00:00 - Oct 24 by Uxbridge

No worries. I think as a Trust, if a question is asked, it'll always be answered honestly.

Oh and knocking a wall through between the kitchen and back room. No doubt needs an RSJ. about 2 metres. Not a massive job.

You may want to consider an engineer to do the calculations (what is it bearing?) to get th correct specification of RSJ.
The Trust selling up on 22:21 - Oct 24 with 1005 viewsUxbridge

The Trust selling up on 22:20 - Oct 24 by costalotta

You may want to consider an engineer to do the calculations (what is it bearing?) to get th correct specification of RSJ.

I'm cracking at spreadsheets mun. It'll be fine

The Trust selling up on 22:24 - Oct 24 with 983 viewsUplandsJack

The Trust selling up on 22:15 - Oct 24 by Uxbridge

Sure I can answer that.

While travel expenses are occasionally paid where relevant (and I know plenty of occasions where this hasn't happened), no Trust board members are recompensed for their duties. The Trust does have spaces in the directors box on matchdays (supporters director plus two guests (usually one trust board member and a guest), both home and away. That's about the only perk I can think of, if you could even call it that.

The only other thing I can think about in terms of payments relates to our legal fees. Whilst our legal affiliate (Dai) does a lot of work pro bono, we have also engaged his firm to act as legal representatives in recent months, however that has been negotiated at a deep discount. Barrister is separate to that.

Thanks for your response Uxbridge.
The Trust selling up on 22:26 - Oct 24 with 966 viewsUxbridge

The Trust selling up on 22:24 - Oct 24 by UplandsJack

Thanks for your response Uxbridge.

No worries. Thanks.

The Trust selling up on 22:38 - Oct 24 with 916 viewsNOTRAC

On reflection in many ways I feel sympathy for Huw Cooze in that today he has become the fall guy for a situation that should not alter our real concerns and distress which should be directed at the real villains who remain the previous shareholders led by our managing director.
I am sure that Huw Cooze has not benefited one iota from the Takeover ,and indeed he must have felt more let down than most that Huw Jenkins treated him with contempt by his actions in not taking him into confidence regarding the sale.
It would appear that his business Printforless Limited appears to provide him with a living and very little else.The takeover must bring uncertainty into his future contracts with the club.
His income from those contracts have been disclosed from the beginning through the Company accounts, and it would also appear that any other income from directors emoluments and expense claims were reported to and known by the Trust.
I posted on this site today because it was the source of the information and I am grateful to Uxbridge for his honest and clear answer to questions I raised
Obviously the Trust has not handled this situation well by not disclosing this information in the proper place at the proper time.
However from what has been said Huw Cooze has worked diligently and well for the benefit of the club and trust for many years .
He must not be made a scapegoat for what has happened. There was a snide suggestion in the programme on Saturday that they had kept Guidolins transfer a secret because of news getting out to the press. Although they said they did not blame the trust representative, the implications were there.
Let us remember that the cunning, deceitful ,not to be trusted persons are the new millionaires.
Huw Cooze and the Trust have been naive, but I honestly believe that is all.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2016 22:47]

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

The Trust selling up on 22:41 - Oct 24 with 899 viewscostalotta

The Trust selling up on 22:20 - Oct 24 by Uxbridge

Because the bloke who can press the button to upload has family commitments. We have lives.

Oh. Sorry, to clarify the wow...

It wasn't about the printing but about the revelation. The printing questions was only to to find out why there was a delay as you alluded in your post. Not in any way loaded.
The Trust selling up on 22:44 - Oct 24 with 888 viewsReturn_of_the_Jack

The Trust selling up on 22:38 - Oct 24 by NOTRAC

On reflection in many ways I feel sympathy for Huw Cooze in that today he has become the fall guy for a situation that should not alter our real concerns and distress which should be directed at the real villains who remain the previous shareholders led by our managing director.
I am sure that Huw Cooze has not benefited one iota from the Takeover ,and indeed he must have felt more let down than most that Huw Jenkins treated him with contempt by his actions in not taking him into confidence regarding the sale.
It would appear that his business Printforless Limited appears to provide him with a living and very little else.The takeover must bring uncertainty into his future contracts with the club.
His income from those contracts have been disclosed from the beginning through the Company accounts, and it would also appear that any other income from directors emoluments and expense claims were reported to and known by the Trust.
I posted on this site today because it was the source of the information and I am grateful to Uxbridge for his honest and clear answer to questions I raised
Obviously the Trust has not handled this situation well by not disclosing this information in the proper place at the proper time.
However from what has been said Huw Cooze has worked diligently and well for the benefit of the club and trust for many years .
He must not be made a scapegoat for what has happened. There was a snide suggestion in the programme on Saturday that they had kept Guidolins transfer a secret because of news getting out to the press. Although they said they did not blame the trust representative, the implications were there.
Let us remember that the cunning, deceitful ,not to be trusted persons are the new millionaires.
Huw Cooze and the Trust have been naive, but I honestly believe that is all.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2016 22:47]

Did Cooze write that for you?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024