Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Trust selling up 14:31 - Oct 23 with 23681 viewsDarran

Why are people saying the Trust won't sell up then?

Perhaps they will who knows?

Philip?
[Post edited 23 Oct 2016 14:32]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Trust selling up on 14:28 - Oct 25 with 1808 viewsReturn_of_the_Jack

The Trust selling up on 14:24 - Oct 25 by Millie

I have plenty of acquaintances I don't like, a strong professional working relationship is still required who ever that is between.

Well apparently they don't have a "strong professional working relationship" as HC knew nothing about the takeover?

Do you go drinking with your acquaintances on Saturday nights?
The Trust selling up on 14:45 - Oct 25 with 1767 viewsJackUlation

The Trust selling up on 14:28 - Oct 25 by Return_of_the_Jack

Well apparently they don't have a "strong professional working relationship" as HC knew nothing about the takeover?

Never spotted Churchill having a beer with Adolf , did you ?
The Trust selling up on 14:56 - Oct 25 with 1731 viewsMillie

So Yank 1 comes in, Trust say they won't sell, they spell it out to fans, Yank 1 pull out. When Yank 2 come in, Jenkins et al say the last people we should tell is the trust as the golden goose will fly again, not hard to work out really and I think Phil said as much on Thursday.
The Trust selling up on 15:02 - Oct 25 with 1709 viewsDarran

From what I'm told when it was announced about the takeover HC stopped travelling with HJ to away games,they don't speak to each other on a personal level and they can barely look at each other.

The Trust selling up on 15:09 - Oct 25 with 1689 viewswaynekerr55

The Trust selling up on 15:02 - Oct 25 by Darran

From what I'm told when it was announced about the takeover HC stopped travelling with HJ to away games,they don't speak to each other on a personal level and they can barely look at each other.

Although that's hard for HC given that HJ's nose can be seen from space like the great wall of China

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The Trust selling up on 15:09 - Oct 25 with 1689 viewsUplandsJack

Ux
Firstly I would like to point out that it is refreshing to read your views on this whole sorry mess.
It is also noted that you have only been in post for 2 and a half years. And I strongly believe you are the type of trust representative we need. I hope you continue to shake the tree and question those and all within....

We as fans have for some time now criticised the club board for their contempt and disregard to the average fan. Yet it seems our own trust has possibly been guilty of the same....
This would never have been allowed to happen if the trust hadnt allowed Trust board reps to continue in post beyond maximum terms that where originally agreed back when the trust was formed.( as i stated to PS last year and again after last election on this site)
New Blood is what keeps things honest and transparent. Just look at what Uxbridge has written of his own feelings and thoughts. This shows new Blood on the trust is required and MUST happen. Never again can we have a scenario where like last election NOT A SINGLE new candidate was elected. All old guard were simply re-elected by the clique.....

Finally, I truely believe the trust board needs to act proactively on this latest matter and remove HC from his position with immediate effect for his and the trusts own good.

Power corrupts. Total power, totally corrupts.....
[Post edited 25 Oct 2016 15:41]
The Trust selling up on 15:14 - Oct 25 with 1670 viewsUplandsJack

The Trust selling up on 15:02 - Oct 25 by Darran

I'm not saying that's true or not Darren, but I'm sure I've read on this very thread that HC & HJ are regularly seen in Morgans on a Saturday night ???
Just saying .....
The Trust selling up on 15:15 - Oct 25 with 1663 viewsMillie

The Trust selling up on 15:14 - Oct 25 by UplandsJack

I'm not saying that's true or not Darren, but I'm sure I've read on this very thread that HC & HJ are regularly seen in Morgans on a Saturday night ???
Just saying .....

HJ hasn't been in Morgans for a few years
Login to get fewer ads

The Trust selling up on 15:18 - Oct 25 with 1645 viewsDarran

The Trust selling up on 15:14 - Oct 25 by UplandsJack

Just saying .....

Must be true then.

Seriously I've investigated and asked around HC was in Morgan's Saturday night but no other directors were.

The Trust selling up on 15:21 - Oct 25 with 1633 viewsUplandsJack

The Trust selling up on 15:15 - Oct 25 by Millie

HJ hasn't been in Morgans for a few years

QUOTE FROM EARLY ON IN THIS THREAD......

20:39 - Oct 23 with 711 views Swanzay

The Trust selling up on 20:27 - Oct 23 by Wingstandwood

You mean Huw Cooze not Jenkins? All the original meeting directors/board membership together in Morgans?

Yes, obviously MM is there, but JVZ when hes over and HJ are regulars, all enjoying!

Thats what I don't get if there is all this hostility from the Trust and HC is apparently frozen out, by feck they enjoy a drink together!
The Trust selling up on 15:24 - Oct 25 with 1624 viewsUplandsJack

The Trust selling up on 15:18 - Oct 25 by Darran

Must be true then.

Seriously I've investigated and asked around HC was in Morgan's Saturday night but no other directors were.

Yes SwanZay stated he was the only director there this weekend, but that isn't the norm according to same ....
The Trust selling up on 15:27 - Oct 25 with 1603 viewsMillie

The Trust selling up on 15:24 - Oct 25 by UplandsJack

Yes SwanZay stated he was the only director there this weekend, but that isn't the norm according to same ....

The same SwanZay who's big mates with Dougie ?
The Trust selling up on 15:31 - Oct 25 with 1579 viewsUplandsJack

The Trust selling up on 15:27 - Oct 25 by Millie

The same SwanZay who's big mates with Dougie ?

I'm only pointing out what I've previously read on this thread. Seems strange no one else challenged his comments at the time?
I've not been to Morgans myself for years so have no 1st hand knowledge whether this is true or not....
The Trust selling up on 15:36 - Oct 25 with 1569 viewsLandore_Jack

HJ
[Post edited 25 Oct 2016 15:37]

#backtojack

The Trust selling up on 15:45 - Oct 25 with 1517 viewsmonmouth

The Trust selling up on 15:36 - Oct 25 by Landore_Jack

HJ
[Post edited 25 Oct 2016 15:37]

More like this, only uglier and more miserable, obviously.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Trust selling up on 15:47 - Oct 25 with 1505 viewsUplandsJack

The Trust selling up on 15:45 - Oct 25 by monmouth

Made me chuckle that.... fair play 🖒
The Trust selling up on 15:51 - Oct 25 with 1492 viewsmorningstar

The Trust selling up on 15:45 - Oct 25 by monmouth

Don't forget Ux!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

The Trust selling up on 15:54 - Oct 25 with 1483 viewsUxbridge

The Trust selling up on 15:09 - Oct 25 by UplandsJack

Ux
Firstly I would like to point out that it is refreshing to read your views on this whole sorry mess.
It is also noted that you have only been in post for 2 and a half years. And I strongly believe you are the type of trust representative we need. I hope you continue to shake the tree and question those and all within....

We as fans have for some time now criticised the club board for their contempt and disregard to the average fan. Yet it seems our own trust has possibly been guilty of the same....
This would never have been allowed to happen if the trust hadnt allowed Trust board reps to continue in post beyond maximum terms that where originally agreed back when the trust was formed.( as i stated to PS last year and again after last election on this site)
New Blood is what keeps things honest and transparent. Just look at what Uxbridge has written of his own feelings and thoughts. This shows new Blood on the trust is required and MUST happen. Never again can we have a scenario where like last election NOT A SINGLE new candidate was elected. All old guard were simply re-elected by the clique.....

Finally, I truely believe the trust board needs to act proactively on this latest matter and remove HC from his position with immediate effect for his and the trusts own good.

Power corrupts. Total power, totally corrupts.....
[Post edited 25 Oct 2016 15:41]

Ok a couple of things:

As far as I can determine, there were no maximum term limits when the Trust was originally set up. There are also not term limits in the supporters direct model rules. This is something that had to be brought in as part of this review, in terms of the officers at least. It's not something that's been implemented at board level itself but I've always viewed board membership as being at the will of the members.

However I think a healthy rotation of board and officer levels is absolutely critical. From my experience I'd say it was the view of the majority of the Trust board. The problem that has been had in recent years is that, this year aside, nobody had stood for election for years and years. Peacetime no doubt explains a fair bit of this, but it's not a desirable situation. The last time when we had new candidates was a major step forward, although a shame that two very worthy candidates were not successful. I'm hoping these elections become annual things, and that next time there is more rotation.

In terms of next steps, I think as a Trust board we will need to take stock. I'm not going to prejudge that by speculating.

Anyway, thanks for the sentiments. Much appreciated. Ironically, getting the Trust to the sort of position its in now in terms of getting its house in order and being more transparent with the members was one of the main reasons for me joining back in 2014. The timing is messier than I would have liked, but I'm not entirely convinced that matters.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2016 15:59]

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The Trust selling up on 16:00 - Oct 25 with 1449 viewsUxbridge

The Trust selling up on 15:51 - Oct 25 by morningstar

Don't forget Ux!

I may have that suit .... I'd never wear that tie though ...

The Trust selling up on 16:07 - Oct 25 with 1421 viewsUplandsJack

The Trust selling up on 15:54 - Oct 25 by Uxbridge

Ok a couple of things:

As far as I can determine, there were no maximum term limits when the Trust was originally set up. There are also not term limits in the supporters direct model rules. This is something that had to be brought in as part of this review, in terms of the officers at least. It's not something that's been implemented at board level itself but I've always viewed board membership as being at the will of the members.

However I think a healthy rotation of board and officer levels is absolutely critical. From my experience I'd say it was the view of the majority of the Trust board. The problem that has been had in recent years is that, this year aside, nobody had stood for election for years and years. Peacetime no doubt explains a fair bit of this, but it's not a desirable situation. The last time when we had new candidates was a major step forward, although a shame that two very worthy candidates were not successful. I'm hoping these elections become annual things, and that next time there is more rotation.

In terms of next steps, I think as a Trust board we will need to take stock. I'm not going to prejudge that by speculating.

Anyway, thanks for the sentiments. Much appreciated. Ironically, getting the Trust to the sort of position its in now in terms of getting its house in order and being more transparent with the members was one of the main reasons for me joining back in 2014. The timing is messier than I would have liked, but I'm not entirely convinced that matters.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2016 15:59]

I was primarily talking about trust director. Which unless i am totally wrong was intended to be set at 2 year terms... It was then agreed by trust and club board that for the practical good of working together to have continuity that rule would be waived (now possibly looking even more dodgy) Now my wording may not be totally accurate but I recall PS saying as much when I asked last year....
The Trust selling up on 16:12 - Oct 25 with 1396 views3swan

The Trust selling up on 16:07 - Oct 25 by UplandsJack

I was primarily talking about trust director. Which unless i am totally wrong was intended to be set at 2 year terms... It was then agreed by trust and club board that for the practical good of working together to have continuity that rule would be waived (now possibly looking even more dodgy) Now my wording may not be totally accurate but I recall PS saying as much when I asked last year....

Currently 2 year stint

Trust Board minutes Aug 2015

Supporter Director:
Huw Cooze who will serve for a period of two years until 31st July, 2017.

Elected Board Members:
Huw Cooze, Ian James, Stuart Macdonald, Will Morris, Phil Sumbler, Jim White who will serve for a
period of two years to July 31st 2017.

http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Supporters-Trust-Board-Mi
[Post edited 25 Oct 2016 16:14]
The Trust selling up on 16:24 - Oct 25 with 1360 viewsSoberBaker

The Trust selling up on 15:18 - Oct 25 by Darran

Must be true then.

You must be losing your touch, Ironside

F*cking "investigated" indeed

AMOW

The Trust selling up on 16:29 - Oct 25 with 1342 viewsUxbridge

The Trust selling up on 16:07 - Oct 25 by UplandsJack

No, that's not quite right.

The SD role is a 2 year term, previously with no cap on renewal.
Now the role is still a 2 year term however is now limited to two renewals.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2016 16:33]

The Trust selling up on 16:31 - Oct 25 with 1326 viewsmonmouth

The Trust selling up on 16:12 - Oct 25 by 3swan

Currently 2 year stint

Trust Board minutes Aug 2015

Supporter Director:
Huw Cooze who will serve for a period of two years until 31st July, 2017.

Elected Board Members:
Huw Cooze, Ian James, Stuart Macdonald, Will Morris, Phil Sumbler, Jim White who will serve for a
period of two years to July 31st 2017.

http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Supporters-Trust-Board-Mi
[Post edited 25 Oct 2016 16:14]

That's different to a limitation though. Standing down should be mandatory, otherwise people simply get re-elected ad infinitum.

Of course if there are no options willing to replace, then it's rather moot.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Trust selling up on 16:33 - Oct 25 with 1314 views3swan

The Trust selling up on 16:31 - Oct 25 by monmouth

That's different to a limitation though. Standing down should be mandatory, otherwise people simply get re-elected ad infinitum.

Of course if there are no options willing to replace, then it's rather moot.

That was Aug 2015 so assume the 2 limitation has been drawn up with the issue of the latest roles and responsibilities
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024