Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman 19:33 - Oct 24 with 14718 viewsmarchamjack

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2016/10/24/Franchises/Swansea

We have a new COO...

Were The Trust consulted?

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 08:55 - Oct 25 with 2320 viewsexiledinenglandjack

My guess is the same as others, this guy will run the commercial side, which we all agree needs to improve. As long as we get a decent DoF in, and I know that's a big if at the moment, we could actually have a successful January transfer window, which we desperately need. If you look at the Red Bull Leipzig model in Germany, I can see us following that structure, but the key is to get the DoF appointment right. Ralf Ragnick has seen the club taken through the leagues, buying very talented youngsters who are now really performing in the bundesliga, if we can find someone if that talent and philosophy and Steve and Jason back him in Jan I think we will be ok.

I actually suggested the idea of bringing in an experienced DoF in when we appointed Gary. I appreciate at that one HJ thought he could do the job, and of course hindsight is a beautiful thing, but I strongly think this is the structure we need to implement to succeed.
Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 08:58 - Oct 25 with 2317 viewsLeonisGod

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 08:55 - Oct 25 by exiledinenglandjack

My guess is the same as others, this guy will run the commercial side, which we all agree needs to improve. As long as we get a decent DoF in, and I know that's a big if at the moment, we could actually have a successful January transfer window, which we desperately need. If you look at the Red Bull Leipzig model in Germany, I can see us following that structure, but the key is to get the DoF appointment right. Ralf Ragnick has seen the club taken through the leagues, buying very talented youngsters who are now really performing in the bundesliga, if we can find someone if that talent and philosophy and Steve and Jason back him in Jan I think we will be ok.

I actually suggested the idea of bringing in an experienced DoF in when we appointed Gary. I appreciate at that one HJ thought he could do the job, and of course hindsight is a beautiful thing, but I strongly think this is the structure we need to implement to succeed.

I guess the answer to that question depends on whether (a) there is an American who knows the PL or European leagues very well, and (b) our owners know of him/her and can persuade them to come to a team in a relegation battle.
Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 08:58 - Oct 25 with 2317 viewsWarwickHunt

One down, one to go.
Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 09:00 - Oct 25 with 2314 viewsWarwickHunt

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 08:29 - Oct 25 by vetchonian

Id pitch a name for our new DoF.....Landon Donavon

I'd take Jason Donovan over Jenkins now.
Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 09:08 - Oct 25 with 2287 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 08:58 - Oct 25 by LeonisGod

I guess the answer to that question depends on whether (a) there is an American who knows the PL or European leagues very well, and (b) our owners know of him/her and can persuade them to come to a team in a relegation battle.

Yep i agree, hopefully they can do a job to persuade an out of work DoF to come to a club with 'ambitions' and a bit of cash in January. I hate the old cliche that the January market is difficult, i think thats just an excuse. I think that they'll have to get whoever the new person is in by December so they can start negotiating for January.
Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 09:40 - Oct 25 with 2240 viewswaynekerr55

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 08:25 - Oct 25 by LeonisGod

True, but there was a chance things could have been salvaged if we retain some people who know us and what the PL is about. I've said it before, once Huw goes and is replaced by an outsider with no knowledge of either us or the PL, we're stuffed. It's definitely better the devil you know in this case (assuming that devil is bothered any more).

With respect, what exactly has Huw done post - Laudrup sacking of a positive note?

It's not as if he's maintained the Swansea way. How many more things has he got to fúck up before the penny drops?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 09:45 - Oct 25 with 2226 viewsperchrockjack

Who replaces Huw, WAyne.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 09:48 - Oct 25 with 2216 viewswaynekerr55

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 09:45 - Oct 25 by perchrockjack

Who replaces Huw, WAyne.

Based on his recent performance and his apparent blind arrogance, a traffic cone. It would cause less damage.

Login to get fewer ads

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 09:56 - Oct 25 with 2196 viewsWarwickHunt

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 09:48 - Oct 25 by waynekerr55

Based on his recent performance and his apparent blind arrogance, a traffic cone. It would cause less damage.

A traffic cone can come in handy as well.
Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 10:01 - Oct 25 with 2176 viewsperchrockjack

Ive never liked cones.

They are really rather sinister in the dark

It might be my upbringing, I dunno.

As for those who keep one in what passes for a garden, just fook off

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 11:47 - Oct 25 with 2085 viewswaynekerr55

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 10:01 - Oct 25 by perchrockjack

Ive never liked cones.

They are really rather sinister in the dark

It might be my upbringing, I dunno.

As for those who keep one in what passes for a garden, just fook off

On a serious note, surely the new owners would want to conduct a rigorous recruitment strategy and, you know, appoint the right person, given the huge sums of money they've invested.

There has to be someone out there who can manage the recruitment and sport science teams, if, as we are led to believe that Bob is the head coach?

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 11:52 - Oct 25 with 2068 viewsmonmouth

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 09:40 - Oct 25 by waynekerr55

With respect, what exactly has Huw done post - Laudrup sacking of a positive note?

It's not as if he's maintained the Swansea way. How many more things has he got to fúck up before the penny drops?

It's obvious now that staying in the PL was the only objective even if we became a cross between Pulis' Stoke, Bruce's Sunderland and Moyser's Everton.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 11:56 - Oct 25 with 2063 viewsyescomeon

I've got to be honest, I'm really taken by the idea of a hard boiled egg and a traffic cone running operations.

Upthecity!

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 11:58 - Oct 25 with 2055 viewsFlashberryjack

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 20:16 - Oct 24 by WxmJax

About Van Wagner Sports & Entertainment (VWSE)

Van Wagner Sports & Entertainment LLC (VWSE), a wholly owned subsidiary of Van Wagner Group LLC, is one of the preeminent sports marketing and media sales organizations in the world. It is an acknowledged innovator in property consulting and branding solutions and a global leader in naming rights, team and venue services, high-impact visible TV signage throughout the MLB, NBA, NCAA, MLS, and internationally in soccer, advertising and sponsorships sales, premium ticketing, technology design and integration, and in-venue content production. VWSE assists teams, organizations and properties in creating and selling advertising; sponsorships; and media that maximize revenue potential, and helps clients develop effective and powerful customized brand campaigns. VWSE works with more than 300 professional and college teams worldwide.

Commercial side then ?

" HIGH-IMPACT VISIBLE TV SIGNAGE"
Oh f*ck !!

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 12:03 - Oct 25 with 2043 viewsHighjack

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 11:58 - Oct 25 by Flashberryjack

" HIGH-IMPACT VISIBLE TV SIGNAGE"
Oh f*ck !!

Premium ticketing?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 12:04 - Oct 25 with 2042 viewsWingstandwood

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 09:45 - Oct 25 by perchrockjack

Who replaces Huw, WAyne.

There is serious talk debate of it either being a life size waxwork dummy of Judas Iscariot or an 'absolute' steaming pile of horseshit? Whichever decision is made either one of the two sure looks to become a more popular alternative than HJ himself.

Argus!

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 12:24 - Oct 25 with 1966 viewswaynekerr55

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 11:52 - Oct 25 by monmouth

It's obvious now that staying in the PL was the only objective even if we became a cross between Pulis' Stoke, Bruce's Sunderland and Moyser's Everton.

Not true, they were die hard fans, mun.

At least that was what the promotional film they released on betamax said...

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 13:08 - Oct 25 with 1896 viewsWarwickHunt

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 12:24 - Oct 25 by waynekerr55

Not true, they were die hard fans, mun.

At least that was what the promotional film they released on betamax said...

Betamax? Don't give Dineen ideas FFS...
Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 13:13 - Oct 25 with 1871 views3swan

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 13:08 - Oct 25 by WarwickHunt

Were they close to being our sponsors ?
Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 13:16 - Oct 25 with 1863 viewsWingstandwood

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 13:08 - Oct 25 by WarwickHunt

Argus!

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 13:18 - Oct 25 with 1851 viewsWingstandwood

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 13:13 - Oct 25 by 3swan

Were they close to being our sponsors ?

Argus!

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 16:16 - Oct 25 with 1717 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Still nothing announced about this, huh?

Well, Chris Pearlman's twitter account (yes, I'm a stalker) has suddenly started following a bunch of Swansea-related stuff.

https://twitter.com/Chrispearlman

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 16:20 - Oct 25 with 1708 views3swan

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 13:18 - Oct 25 by Wingstandwood

Well they did have the word Bet, so must have been in the commercial directors sights
Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 16:24 - Oct 25 with 1685 viewsmarchamjack

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 16:16 - Oct 25 by Tummer_from_Texas

Still nothing announced about this, huh?

Well, Chris Pearlman's twitter account (yes, I'm a stalker) has suddenly started following a bunch of Swansea-related stuff.

https://twitter.com/Chrispearlman

Not to worry everyone too much on our new COO's judgement...but he's following Donald Trump...

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 16:45 - Oct 25 with 1643 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 16:24 - Oct 25 by marchamjack

Not to worry everyone too much on our new COO's judgement...but he's following Donald Trump...

Like him or hate him, that's a very entertaining twitter account to follow.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024