Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Trust news? 02:25 - Oct 26 with 12581 viewsshandyjack

so many threads been brough up in last 24 hours. What have i missed? is there some scandel going on inside the trust? Can i be narrowed down the latest news please

Poll: Expectation for the season

The Trust news? on 07:34 - Oct 27 with 1354 viewsNeathJack

The Trust news? on 01:05 - Oct 27 by JJJack

And that is it , in a nutshell. The Trust , when it was set up, was set up to rescue the club and try and help move it forward. This was done and done spectacularly well. But whatever part The Trust was playing in recent years, it was patently obvious that it was no longer carrying out its main function and was instead an impotent relic, stinking in complacency because no matter how much good work was done and how hard it worked , it was no longer fulfilling its primary function as was instead allowing a man who was an extremely good friend of the chairman to fulfill its key role and get paid for that whilst simultaneously ignoring/encouraging , perhaps for personal gain (who knows)/failing to realise (yeah right!) the Board of Directors was hawking the club out to all and sundry. Not fit for purpose. I'm stunned people are prepared to give money to these guys, who (whilst well-intentioned initially), stood by idly and persistently lied/misdirected the rest of us on every key issue that actually matters to us as fans.

Jenkins, Dineen etc - stood to gain millions by selling the club off......at some point this was always going to happen in my opinion. And I actually don't begrudge them because they were private owners of the club. But The Trust was there to prevent this occurring. They didn't. And any suggestion that they didn't know what was happening is so ridiculous as to border on farcical. I stopped paying in a couple of years ago- I heard enough to figure out what was happening, knew HC was getting paid and was best mates with certain board members. People like T2C got crucified for suggesting this conflict of interest yet, it was as clear as day. It's a joke. Why wasn't the "sell-out" scenario envisaged and dealt with openly?! Perhaps it could have been prevented? Or certainly handled differently? But as virtually none of us were aware how soon it would happen, then virtually nothing could be done til too late on in the process. I'm sorry, but the Trust Board needs to resign immediately- and I mean all of them. Because they had one major task to follow through- namely to protect the interests of the supporters and therefore, the club (in the wider sense). They completely failed to do this. Not only by incompetence (forgivable) but more pertinently, by lying and slaughtering anyone who dared to suggest all was not kosher. Poor. Very, very poor.

We're you in a coma during the whole Moores/Noell situation?
The Trust news? on 10:20 - Oct 27 with 1286 viewsUxbridge

The Trust news? on 15:21 - Oct 26 by Smellyplumz

I'm a paid up member but I'm not sure I trust them any more, what else have we not been told?

To the best of my knowledge, absolutely nothing.

Catching up on a lot of the comments on here, and find myself agreeing with a lot of what had been said, despairing about some (especially the personal stuff which has crossed several lines at times) but mostly disappointed that the issues of last week have been completely sidetracked. Much to the delight of certain sellers it would seem.

Of course the Trust should have publicised this information earlier. Back when it was initially agreed. this was a key conclusion of the review, along with the splitting of the SLO role. The former was an oversight which shouldn't have happened , the latter a conflict of interest but one that the trust board approved.

As for next steps, the governance documents detail how the Trust will, and needs to operate. Also,any financial details will be properly published as will any related party interests. All good stuff and the sort of things many of us had been banging on about for years. As for changes in the hierarchy that many are calling for, that is a decision for a) the individuals, b) the trust board and most kmportantly c) the members. I think all parties need time to reflect.

The timing is awful. It took a year to get to this point, and I wish these had been published immediately after approval a few weeks ago. However we are where we are. What is important now is what happens going forward. What's important to me is that the Trust recovers quickly, makes whatever decisions are deemed necessary (quickly) and gets back to what's our number one priority ... which is as detailed in last week's address. In that respect this is a diversion, however this was also a necessary action for the Trust. Those of you who know we will know I've been banging on about transparency for ages.Well,here it is.

One final thing, the criticisms of Lisa are bonkers. She asked a valid question. The fallout is the Trusts failings alone.

Anyway,back to my holiday. It's been a stressful few weeks and my family deserve my undivided attention. They may argue they don't want it,but still. I'm back Sunday so can more properly engage then.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The Trust news? on 10:23 - Oct 27 with 1272 viewsperchrockjack

And hopefully thst post from Uxbridge can put closure on this blood letting in the fan base.

Seems more joining the trust which makes the mistrust shown by some on here to be misplaced.

Move the feck on

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Trust news? on 10:25 - Oct 27 with 1268 viewsCooperman

The Trust news? on 10:23 - Oct 27 by perchrockjack

And hopefully thst post from Uxbridge can put closure on this blood letting in the fan base.

Seems more joining the trust which makes the mistrust shown by some on here to be misplaced.

Move the feck on

This is far from closed, I'm certain of that.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

The Trust news? on 10:26 - Oct 27 with 1265 viewsLeonisGod

The Trust news? on 10:23 - Oct 27 by perchrockjack

Move the feck on

It's a rare day when i can understand one of your posts, let alone agree with it! But agreed, spot on.
The Trust news? on 10:27 - Oct 27 with 1270 viewsReturn_of_the_Jack

The Trust news? on 10:20 - Oct 27 by Uxbridge

Catching up on a lot of the comments on here, and find myself agreeing with a lot of what had been said, despairing about some (especially the personal stuff which has crossed several lines at times) but mostly disappointed that the issues of last week have been completely sidetracked. Much to the delight of certain sellers it would seem.

Of course the Trust should have publicised this information earlier. Back when it was initially agreed. this was a key conclusion of the review, along with the splitting of the SLO role. The former was an oversight which shouldn't have happened , the latter a conflict of interest but one that the trust board approved.

As for next steps, the governance documents detail how the Trust will, and needs to operate. Also,any financial details will be properly published as will any related party interests. All good stuff and the sort of things many of us had been banging on about for years. As for changes in the hierarchy that many are calling for, that is a decision for a) the individuals, b) the trust board and most kmportantly c) the members. I think all parties need time to reflect.

The timing is awful. It took a year to get to this point, and I wish these had been published immediately after approval a few weeks ago. However we are where we are. What is important now is what happens going forward. What's important to me is that the Trust recovers quickly, makes whatever decisions are deemed necessary (quickly) and gets back to what's our number one priority ... which is as detailed in last week's address. In that respect this is a diversion, however this was also a necessary action for the Trust. Those of you who know we will know I've been banging on about transparency for ages.Well,here it is.

One final thing, the criticisms of Lisa are bonkers. She asked a valid question. The fallout is the Trusts failings alone.

Anyway,back to my holiday. It's been a stressful few weeks and my family deserve my undivided attention. They may argue they don't want it,but still. I'm back Sunday so can more properly engage then.

I have to wonder whether the delay in publicising the goverance documents was because the Trust didn't want to publicise the fact that the SD was taking a wage from the club? Knowing this would be unpopular amongst supporters and extra ammunition for the owners and other shareholders.
The Trust news? on 10:34 - Oct 27 with 1252 viewsperchrockjack

Leon

Word to the wise as you seem a decent sort.

Read through what I post and analyse it all and explore any leeway for poetic licence or simple ego busting.

I admit to being a smug ,arrogant cock so that avenue is already closed

The Trust news? on 10:38 - Oct 27 with 1243 viewsmarchamjack

Thanks Ux

Here the Trust demonstrate a hands-up approach to failings and an acknowledgement of them.

A plan put in place to make sure those particular mistakes don't happen again.

All laid out for its members (and non-members) consideration.

Yet some still think the Trust is the enemy and are to be vilified as a body and in cases individually...

Warts and all (and less warts going forward) I'll still place my faith in the Trust as a collective to represent me as a fan in dealings with the club, now more than ever since the Petty days.

Until someone can come up with and present to me an alternative, an actual credible alternative, then backing the Trust is the only proper way forward.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Login to get fewer ads

The Trust news? on 10:45 - Oct 27 with 1229 viewsbonymine

Thank you once again Ux for taking time out of your family holiday to post on this issue.

As you say, we are where we are and however unpalatable the PAST shenanigans have been it is now PARAMOUNT that we all stick together and support the Team and the Manager out on the pitch through what is clearly a difficult time.

The past cannot be changed like anything in life but lessons MUST be learned and the individuals concerned should be able to recognise their own personal indiscretions and DO THE RIGHT THING for the future credibility and transparency of the Trust and OUR Football Club....

STID Together Stronger 💪💪💪

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

The Trust news? on 10:52 - Oct 27 with 1200 viewsperchrockjack

IT won't be closed as long as people s minds are closed.

I'm genuinely struggling to see how Phil Sumbler and the rest of Trust officials are seen as being such reprobates.

It's all very well slagging them off but who or what replaces them.

Keyboard warriors ?

Truly, we are descending into a pit we have drug ourselves

Put up or shut up innit

The Trust news? on 10:55 - Oct 27 with 1188 viewsSmellyplumz

Thank you for the reply ux I do appreciate it. To say the timing is awful is an understatement lol, it's a major major mistake on the part of the trust one which will take a lot of time if ever to heal, yes you will get the fan who just wants to forget it but like I've said and you already know its hugely damaging. Anyway only time will tell but I still have the feeling that there is stuff we ain't being told.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

The Trust news? on 11:14 - Oct 27 with 1165 viewsperchrockjack

Damaging ?

As long as team is not damaged I'm fine.

People are obsessed with this issue and it's simply turned personal.

Anyone willing to replace Phil or Ux if they decided thst being publically vilified by Internet warriors is not the place to be.

This could be the tipping point

I

The Trust news? on 11:16 - Oct 27 with 1159 viewsSmellyplumz

The Trust news? on 11:14 - Oct 27 by perchrockjack

Damaging ?

As long as team is not damaged I'm fine.

People are obsessed with this issue and it's simply turned personal.

Anyone willing to replace Phil or Ux if they decided thst being publically vilified by Internet warriors is not the place to be.

This could be the tipping point

I

But the team is damaged, is damaged by the people you thought was a good idea to sell to, your not very credibility are you.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."

The Trust news? on 11:18 - Oct 27 with 1158 viewsDarran

The Trust news? on 11:16 - Oct 27 by Smellyplumz

But the team is damaged, is damaged by the people you thought was a good idea to sell to, your not very credibility are you.

He doesn't get it,he doesn't want to. He was one of the only people on here for the sellout. He's virtually brain dead.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Trust news? on 11:20 - Oct 27 with 1151 viewsSmellyplumz

The Trust news? on 11:18 - Oct 27 by Darran

He doesn't get it,he doesn't want to. He was one of the only people on here for the sellout. He's virtually brain dead.

So I'm not the only one who noticed, thank you.

The Trust news? on 11:21 - Oct 27 with 1149 viewsDarran

The Trust news? on 11:20 - Oct 27 by Smellyplumz

So I'm not the only one who noticed, thank you.

I think many have noticed if I'm honest.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Trust news? on 12:26 - Oct 27 with 1090 viewsvetchonian

The Trust news? on 10:38 - Oct 27 by marchamjack

Thanks Ux

Here the Trust demonstrate a hands-up approach to failings and an acknowledgement of them.

Yet some still think the Trust is the enemy and are to be vilified as a body and in cases individually...

Warts and all (and less warts going forward) I'll still place my faith in the Trust as a collective to represent me as a fan in dealings with the club, now more than ever since the Petty days.

Until someone can come up with and present to me an alternative, an actual credible alternative, then backing the Trust is the only proper way forward.

Well said Ux and Marcham....the problem is its not good for some on here who I think have a personal vendetta.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

The Trust news? on 12:46 - Oct 27 with 1051 viewscostalotta

The Trust news? on 10:38 - Oct 27 by marchamjack

Thanks Ux

I sort of get it. But to suggest the Trust is the enemy is just another excuse.

In many people's eyes I don't think they see the Trust as the enemy but perhaps more of a weakness in our battle ahead. Its all out there...the evidence I mean.
The Trust news? on 12:55 - Oct 27 with 1035 viewsvetchonian

The Trust news? on 12:46 - Oct 27 by costalotta

I sort of get it. But to suggest the Trust is the enemy is just another excuse.

In many people's eyes I don't think they see the Trust as the enemy but perhaps more of a weakness in our battle ahead. Its all out there...the evidence I mean.

I'd like to understand how the Trust is a weakness?
I can see the conflict of interest issue with the SD role.....its been done to death and the recent governance changes to prevent this in the future but what else is there?

According to someone Im slow thinking so obviously I dont see it?
[Post edited 27 Oct 2016 13:03]

The Trust news? on 13:13 - Oct 27 with 998 viewsperchrockjack

Sadly.. You really don't get it. More lies by prosser and more mental health gibes.

Not good is it.

Read what s feckn posted

The Trust news? on 13:15 - Oct 27 with 990 viewsNeiltheTaylor

The Trust news? on 12:55 - Oct 27 by vetchonian

I can see the conflict of interest issue with the SD role.....its been done to death and the recent governance changes to prevent this in the future but what else is there?

"What else is there?"

Fixing the present.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

The Trust news? on 13:17 - Oct 27 with 988 viewscostalotta

The Trust news? on 12:55 - Oct 27 by vetchonian

Let me ask you a question...

How do you think the old club board and the new board are feeling at this moment in respect of the trust... select the all the answers that apply.

1. Scared sh tless
2. Taking legal advice as we speak
3. Can't believe their luck at the implosion at the most crucial of times
4. Hoping the status quo remains for an easier time ahead
The Trust news? on 13:25 - Oct 27 with 977 viewsvetchonian

The Trust news? on 13:17 - Oct 27 by costalotta

Let me ask you a question...

How do you think the old club board and the new board are feeling at this moment in respect of the trust... select the all the answers that apply.

1. Scared sh tless
2. Taking legal advice as we speak
3. Can't believe their luck at the implosion at the most crucial of times
4. Hoping the status quo remains for an easier time ahead

I would think 2 , 3 and 4 apply but the fact we as a fan base have imploded takes the pressure off.
I dont think there was ever going to be a status quo..... I wouldnt advocate for one plus with new ownership a stronger relationship required.
The governance issues identified and now "sorted" by the Trusts review should instigate some change.....the recent revelations also will not allow that.
Personally I wait to see what happens when PS et al return from their holidays and see what outcomes prevail.
We need a strong Trust and united fanbase

The Trust news? on 13:31 - Oct 27 with 962 viewsperchrockjack

United fan base.
We have a schism of massive proportions.

We have many counting the matches of games some fans go to then ripping them asunder

I know of no other club fan base like ours where would be fans are clearly put off from having anything to do with the club.

This is evidenced by fact that still wechave thousands all over South Wales "supporting" clubs miles away.

This is unpallatable but true reflection of where we are.

This latest trust situation is ideal to bring up hate from fully ten years ago.

Just think about that as you insult those with different viewpoints.

The Trust news? on 13:50 - Oct 27 with 923 viewscostalotta

The Trust news? on 13:25 - Oct 27 by vetchonian

I would think 2 , 3 and 4 apply but the fact we as a fan base have imploded takes the pressure off.
I dont think there was ever going to be a status quo..... I wouldnt advocate for one plus with new ownership a stronger relationship required.
The governance issues identified and now "sorted" by the Trusts review should instigate some change.....the recent revelations also will not allow that.
Personally I wait to see what happens when PS et al return from their holidays and see what outcomes prevail.
We need a strong Trust and united fanbase

We definitely need a strong Trust.

The problem is we don't have one right now and under its current regime it's unlikely to be. Too much water under that bridge and as I've said on another thread if the fans are to be fully united behind the Trust we must believe in it 100%. Given the recent shenanigans, not just in the last few days but over the last 12 months or so do you honestly have that belief? Als, do you want a Trust is ignored by the new owners as has been happening see FG sacking. If so, what's the point?

And what about th non truths? See The HC renumeration dsicussion.

Bottom line, If the Trust was strong we would not be having these debates and discussions. Perhaps we used to back in the day but the Trust board has become stale and devoid of a number of traits it needs for the battle ahead, namely a fighting spirit. Like I said we need a Churchill not a chamberlain. We need a Michael, not a Tom.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024