Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A Plan of Action 22:14 - Oct 27 with 5880 viewsTheResurrection

I'm going to keep this short and simple as haven't got the time to be dealing with some of the sites weirdos. This one has more than most.

Costalotta mentioned earlier today that he did not think it would be best to look to sell our shares but without knowing the exact ins and outs I would think that has to be a serious consideration, especially now. The main reason I feel like this is simply because the alternative is too risky.

Yes I know it goes against the exact mandate of the Trust, but perhaps it doesn't. The mandate states broadly to protect the football club for the city of Swansea. When the previous dark days were with us we showed that collective spirit and we achieved something no other football club did - we had genuine fan involvement, fan ownership. Ok, it never felt that important when we were 20 odd % owners of a 4th Division Club, but as soon as we started to become serious and shot up the leagues, it became all the more real and worthy.

The Americans, with the help of the selling shareholders, have outflanked, outplayed and out manoeuvred the Trust from the very start. To find ourselves in this position genuinely considering legal action is testament enough to where we find ourselves now. Our whole past is on the line and our future completely uncertain.

To risk negotiating whilst keeping a stake in the Club could find us down the line with our shareholding diluted and worthless. We keep hearing about unfair prejudice and our legal team are on the case but there is a reality this could be true.

We should really consider going balls out right now, while the iron is hot and tensions running high to get the same value for our shares as the other shareholders did. Yes, I know there is no offer on the table from the Americans but in my opinion we should actively force them into a sale, if that can happen.

Far better protected are we as a football city with £21m in the bank - that wouldn't buy a Premier League team but then we wouldn't need it if we were still there anyway. That money could one day down the line buy our football club in it's entirety and we'd never again have the issue of greed playing a part in our destiny.

But first we need a plan and it has to start with the Trust rising out of its old ashes and becoming born once more.

1. Cooze, Sumbler and White, at the very least have to accept responsibility for the deceit and bad feeling among the supporters right now and resign immediately.
2. Fresh eyes need replacing them with a clear vision on making the Trust proud again.
3. Serious legal consideration with a view to selling the Trusts shares needs to come into play, backed up with media awareness and campaigns should the Americans dither, falter, or become silent.
4. If there's any chance we are able to receive the money, the vast majority of this should be invested for that inevitable rainy day. A small but significant sum should go to the building of a real fans clubhouse, a shrine to the Swans and its supporters and should be close to the stadium.
5. The Trust should advertise for the position of a CEO, Chairman, whatever you may want to call him or her and that person should be in charge of the running of the Trust, its aims and objectives and events and this should be a paid job, but this time paid by the Trust. This person should be charged with at least making his/her salary from the events and occasions he's organising. And to also increase the size and stature of the institution.
6. The Trust should still be a force to be reckoned with and this should be made part of the sale with the Americans. They should retain a place on the Board perhaps through a smaller shareholding. We shouldn't expect to be at the forefront of ideas or decisions but that has never really been the case anyway.
7. The Trust and the new people involved can also be a pressure group - much like supporters organisations on the continent are. When the white hankies are out in Valencia the manager's gone - there's nothing to stop an active fan group having a real influence at football, including the money driven Premier League.

Things have changed and they need to change for us fans too.

We need to have visions and we need to find a place and platform where these visions can be our reality.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2016 22:27]

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

A Plan of Action on 00:43 - Oct 28 with 1152 viewsBigPhilG

A Plan of Action on 00:14 - Oct 28 by morningstar

What are you worried about? It is what it is and if you're 'worried' then nothing the trust/Phil/ Huw Cooze or whatever has to say is going to ease your worries. What do you expect them too say Phil?

I'm hoping someone can confirm that Huw Cooze has no conflict of interest for starters.
A Plan of Action on 00:59 - Oct 28 with 1135 viewsmorningstar

A Plan of Action on 00:43 - Oct 28 by BigPhilG

I'm hoping someone can confirm that Huw Cooze has no conflict of interest for starters.

Ok, Huw Cooze has no conflict of interest. Happy now? No, of course your not. Nobody can confirm this for you Phil, it's all a fvckin big mess. But one thing is for sure in my mind, and that's if this hounding of the trust board doesn't stop, then they may well turn around and say fvck it i'm off. And then where does the trust stand? Who picks up the mantle eh?

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

A Plan of Action on 05:10 - Oct 28 with 1079 viewsbarry_island

I thought I read on one of the earlier threads, possibly Ux stated, the Yanks had offered "a fair and reasonable price" for half the Trust shares if the Trust signed the new Shareholders Agreement.

Exactly what a fair and reasonable price is in their eyes, we do not know. Perhaps the question was never asked, perhaps the offer is no longer on the table,perhaps there were other strings attached. The only one I recall is there would still be a rep on the board plus an observer.

Perhaps there were other benefits on offer, leather upholstered swivel chair for the board member, chocolate hobnobs at meetings, seats in the Director's Box, lifts to games, soirees in Morgans, future birthday honours who knows. We don't.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

A Plan of Action on 05:19 - Oct 28 with 1075 viewsbarry_island

A Plan of Action on 00:36 - Oct 28 by Humpty

Phil could've provided a response when he was logged in here earlier. He was here for quite a while.

Gone now though. We'll just have to wait I suppose.

I don't know about you Humpty but if I started responding to an avalanche of posts on Planetswans whilst on a family holiday my wife would wreck me and rightly so. I might get away with reading things but not much else.

I want our Trust to be volunteers let's not start treating them as if they have professional commitments.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

A Plan of Action on 06:42 - Oct 28 with 1036 viewsmonmouth

A Plan of Action on 00:59 - Oct 28 by morningstar

Ok, Huw Cooze has no conflict of interest. Happy now? No, of course your not. Nobody can confirm this for you Phil, it's all a fvckin big mess. But one thing is for sure in my mind, and that's if this hounding of the trust board doesn't stop, then they may well turn around and say fvck it i'm off. And then where does the trust stand? Who picks up the mantle eh?

I agree with this, and Barry Island above. Everyone's had their say, let them sort it all out now. I wouldn't do it, and we desperately need someone decent to, now more than ever. Clearly, some vital things do need to be done to restore faith in the model, but people should also remember that statement last week and the Moores episode. Others may (do) disagree, but in my view scorched earth would be utterly disastrous.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

A Plan of Action on 07:32 - Oct 28 with 983 viewsexiledclaseboy

A Plan of Action on 06:42 - Oct 28 by monmouth

I agree with this, and Barry Island above. Everyone's had their say, let them sort it all out now. I wouldn't do it, and we desperately need someone decent to, now more than ever. Clearly, some vital things do need to be done to restore faith in the model, but people should also remember that statement last week and the Moores episode. Others may (do) disagree, but in my view scorched earth would be utterly disastrous.

I endorse this post wholeheartedly and any others that say the same thing.

Poll: Tory leader

A Plan of Action on 07:41 - Oct 28 with 970 viewsdobjack2

A Plan of Action on 06:42 - Oct 28 by monmouth

The OP puts forward some interesting points but a lot of it rests on getting rid of many of the current trust board and replacing them with somebody else. Without wanting to shoot down his ideas there have been precious few new people wanting to get involved going by trust elections. So I'm not sure that some of what he proposes is realistic.

People are angry and want answers and action now, but the last thing we need are knee jerk reactions that we can spend a long time regretting. I agree that a scorched earth policy where the implications have not been fully thought through would be a mistake.

The trust board have had a clear indication of how a number of posters think, I agree with Monmouth in that they should now be left to sort the internal mess out so that we can refocus on our real targets.
A Plan of Action on 08:19 - Oct 28 with 915 viewsmarchamjack

The basic problem with the sell the Trust shares option, now, is that you can bet your bottom dollar (well their dollars) that the Trust will not get £1million pounds a share, as the former owners did.

As soon as the former owners sold their shares for the price they were able to negotiate, they instantly devalued/put a limit on the value of the remaining shares outside those sold.

There's no other sensible possible buyers out there for the Trust shares than the Americans. And even then, they don't need the Trust shares to carry on doing with the club precisely what they want. Why would they pay top dollar for the Trust shares? There's no sound financial incentive for them to do so. So they won't pay top dollar.

If the sell the Trust shares is an option going forwards, and obviously it is, what the Trust and the Members (me included) will have to come to a view on is how much (how little in relative fact compared to what the former owners got for their shares) they are prepared to accept for the sale of those shares. And it won't be £21 million or anything close to that in reality. Any thoughts on basing a new future fighting fund on that sort of a war chest figure are pie in the sky. How much the Trust would get? How much would the Americans be prepared to pay for them is basically the answer.

So, not saying that selling the Trust shares is not an option, just a reality check really on what we could reasonably expect to realise from them.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Login to get fewer ads

A Plan of Action on 08:29 - Oct 28 with 906 viewsTheResurrection

This is Phil Slumber's site so no surprise the usual sycophants are out in force. It's this very attitude.that's got us into this mess....

Oh Huw's a nice guy, let's forget he may not be the best for the job.
Oh we've had the same stale people on the Trust but they are nice guys too, let's forget that we could enforce change through a little dynamism.
Oh but this is Slumber's site and I spend every waking hour on here, let's forget about the fact he deceived us and we watched the Americans take our Club from us from right under our notices.

Stop being so pathetic. There's nothing personal in any of this so instead of pussying around be your true selves and call it like you would if these people were just ordinary Joe's.

Man up. We need firm action not apologetic babies. If you can't even be true to yourselves and your various different consciences then who are you, eh??

Think about it. We were truly deceived by these guys and the only reason this news has been leaked is because they knew the Club would have come up with it anyway.

We have not been done any favours here. Don't believe Lisa, this is all so manufactured.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

A Plan of Action on 08:32 - Oct 28 with 899 viewsTheResurrection

A Plan of Action on 08:19 - Oct 28 by marchamjack

The basic problem with the sell the Trust shares option, now, is that you can bet your bottom dollar (well their dollars) that the Trust will not get £1million pounds a share, as the former owners did.

As soon as the former owners sold their shares for the price they were able to negotiate, they instantly devalued/put a limit on the value of the remaining shares outside those sold.

There's no other sensible possible buyers out there for the Trust shares than the Americans. And even then, they don't need the Trust shares to carry on doing with the club precisely what they want. Why would they pay top dollar for the Trust shares? There's no sound financial incentive for them to do so. So they won't pay top dollar.

If the sell the Trust shares is an option going forwards, and obviously it is, what the Trust and the Members (me included) will have to come to a view on is how much (how little in relative fact compared to what the former owners got for their shares) they are prepared to accept for the sale of those shares. And it won't be £21 million or anything close to that in reality. Any thoughts on basing a new future fighting fund on that sort of a war chest figure are pie in the sky. How much the Trust would get? How much would the Americans be prepared to pay for them is basically the answer.

So, not saying that selling the Trust shares is not an option, just a reality check really on what we could reasonably expect to realise from them.

How do you know that for certain? This is where the legal people need to speak to us. Are you such a person?

A Plan of Action on 08:43 - Oct 28 with 879 viewscostalotta

A Plan of Action on 08:29 - Oct 28 by TheResurrection

This is Phil Slumber's site so no surprise the usual sycophants are out in force. It's this very attitude.that's got us into this mess....

Oh we've had the same stale people on the Trust but they are nice guys too, let's forget that we could enforce change through a little dynamism.
Oh but this is Slumber's site and I spend every waking hour on here, let's forget about the fact he deceived us and we watched the Americans take our Club from us from right under our notices.

Stop being so pathetic. There's nothing personal in any of this so instead of pussying around be your true selves and call it like you would if these people were just ordinary Joe's.

Man up. We need firm action not apologetic babies. If you can't even be true to yourselves and your various different consciences then who are you, eh??

Think about it. We were truly deceived by these guys and the only reason this news has been leaked is because they knew the Club would have come up with it anyway.

We have not been done any favours here. Don't believe Lisa, this is all so manufactured.

The cat is out of the bag! It doesn't matter who let it out and Lisa is not problem. If you've read her posts she comes across as (firstly a massive Swansea City fan) but importantly as someone who knows what their talking about and would be clearly a valuable person to have onside.

I agree with much of your sentiment but 'pulling a trigger' must be done when calm and when those in your sights are least expecting it.

Regarding your plan of action and sale of shares some good points are mentioned. For me, I'd like to think there is another way where we can make more in roads into The club rather than withdraw from it.

Rgarding the club house idea...brilliant! This is a fantastic idea. Something like this would provide a face and base, a revenue stream, somewhere where memebers and fans (perspective members) can go on match day or any other day. Maybe with a membership too, so that kinda buys a Trust membership too. I'm sure you know what I mean and many would recognise the potential. Furthermore with the death of the 'British pub' there should be plenty buildings available. Someone from the Trust board will be along shortly and tell why this a bad idea soon! ;-)
[Post edited 28 Oct 2016 8:58]
A Plan of Action on 09:02 - Oct 28 with 855 viewsmarchamjack

A Plan of Action on 08:32 - Oct 28 by TheResurrection

How do you know that for certain? This is where the legal people need to speak to us. Are you such a person?

I don't of course know that for certain.

I'm not a 'legal person' either (although I deal with lawyers day-in-day out in my business, so I have a reasonable grasp of basic business principles)

My view is based on general business experience of being involved in many deals over the years (property based, so not football club) and the 'facts' (if they are facts) of the case that we seem to know of so far.

Knowing what I've read so far (only in the same way you have), unless there was some legal requirement for me to pay out what the previous sellers managed to secure for their shares, then on its face, there is absolutely no way I'd pay the same as them for the shares on offer from the Trust, bearing in mind I don't really need them.

But as you say in fairness, we can all speculate here all day (which is what we're doing), but until we have an expert legal view on this (and even then, there will no doubt be more than one expert legal view depending on who is doing the instructing of the lawyers), then we won't be certain what the Trust shares are worth. And even then, unless there is a party out there willing to buy the shares at the agreed amount, they still won't actually amount to anything (and not £21 million).

Just my view - the only way the Trust will achieve 1 million pounds a share is if there is some legally binding judgement that compels the new owners to buy them at that price. Does that exist? None of us know, yet.

As I said (and all I said in effect really), it's still an option to sell them, but we can't plan to rely on that course delivering the Trust £21 million into the bank. That may or may not happen.

A Plan of Action on 09:07 - Oct 28 with 846 viewsMurph75

Have you ever run for election on to the trust board?
A Plan of Action on 09:24 - Oct 28 with 819 viewsTheResurrection

A Plan of Action on 09:07 - Oct 28 by Murph75

Have you ever run for election on to the trust board?

Have you ever posted anything even remotely interesting?

Do me a favour old boy. Try not to follow me around boring the pants off everyone. I've got enough of that type already.

I'll do the same with your posts. Ok!

A Plan of Action on 09:32 - Oct 28 with 789 viewsMurph75

A Plan of Action on 09:24 - Oct 28 by TheResurrection

Have you ever posted anything even remotely interesting?

Do me a favour old boy. Try not to follow me around boring the pants off everyone. I've got enough of that type already.

I'll do the same with your posts. Ok!

I take it that's a no then.

Have can you have any credibility if you're not prepared to put your money where you mouth is?
A Plan of Action on 09:37 - Oct 28 with 757 viewsTheResurrection

A Plan of Action on 09:02 - Oct 28 by marchamjack

I don't of course know that for certain.

I'm not a 'legal person' either (although I deal with lawyers day-in-day out in my business, so I have a reasonable grasp of basic business principles)

My view is based on general business experience of being involved in many deals over the years (property based, so not football club) and the 'facts' (if they are facts) of the case that we seem to know of so far.

Knowing what I've read so far (only in the same way you have), unless there was some legal requirement for me to pay out what the previous sellers managed to secure for their shares, then on its face, there is absolutely no way I'd pay the same as them for the shares on offer from the Trust, bearing in mind I don't really need them.

But as you say in fairness, we can all speculate here all day (which is what we're doing), but until we have an expert legal view on this (and even then, there will no doubt be more than one expert legal view depending on who is doing the instructing of the lawyers), then we won't be certain what the Trust shares are worth. And even then, unless there is a party out there willing to buy the shares at the agreed amount, they still won't actually amount to anything (and not £21 million).

Just my view - the only way the Trust will achieve 1 million pounds a share is if there is some legally binding judgement that compels the new owners to buy them at that price. Does that exist? None of us know, yet.

As I said (and all I said in effect really), it's still an option to sell them, but we can't plan to rely on that course delivering the Trust £21 million into the bank. That may or may not happen.

Well if that's the case, the Trust has completely let us down.

Especially as they did not take warning after warning after warning on this site and others,

Shameful, I'm afraid.

A Plan of Action on 10:06 - Oct 28 with 709 viewsDarran

Why don't you do us all a favour and go over and post on nonce with the rest of the Phil Sumbler haters if you feel that way then?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

A Plan of Action on 10:06 - Oct 28 with 709 viewsmarchamjack

A Plan of Action on 09:37 - Oct 28 by TheResurrection

Well if that's the case, the Trust has completely let us down.

Especially as they did not take warning after warning after warning on this site and others,

Shameful, I'm afraid.

Not sure how the Trust can be to blame for not selling their shares when (as far as we know) they were never given the opportunity to do so, either by the previous owners in cutting them out of any possible deal, or by the new owners who haven't made any offers to buy the Trust shares.

The fault on that, in my view, lies with the previous owners in keeping the Trust out of the loop and not making them a party to any possible deal.

That, by the way, is always going to happen (and does often happen) when the majority shareholders act without proper regard to any minority shareholder.

Shame on the former owners I say. Hardly shame on the Trust if never given the opportunity (even in the event scenario they knew about it).

A Plan of Action on 10:19 - Oct 28 with 674 viewsTheResurrection

A Plan of Action on 10:06 - Oct 28 by marchamjack

Not sure how the Trust can be to blame for not selling their shares when (as far as we know) they were never given the opportunity to do so, either by the previous owners in cutting them out of any possible deal, or by the new owners who haven't made any offers to buy the Trust shares.

The fault on that, in my view, lies with the previous owners in keeping the Trust out of the loop and not making them a party to any possible deal.

That, by the way, is always going to happen (and does often happen) when the majority shareholders act without proper regard to any minority shareholder.

Shame on the former owners I say. Hardly shame on the Trust if never given the opportunity (even in the event scenario they knew about it).

There were no majority shareholders!!

And the rest is up to opinion. That's yours and fair enough.

But the Trust were FULLY AWARE the present shareholders were looking to sell. That was as clear as day. I mean, is there any one of us that thinks otherwise?

So what did they do? NOTHING!

Then they want to blame everyone else.

As soon as Noel and Moores were outed on this very site. In fact I remember pulling up a piece from the net and Richard Major messaging me to say "good work - carry on", as soon as they were on the scene the Trust should have made sure they were in all negotiations. The "hurtful, I didn't know" bullshit just doesn't cut the mustard.

it was their VERY DUTY to KNOW!!!!

A Plan of Action on 10:29 - Oct 28 with 650 viewsDarran

A Plan of Action on 10:19 - Oct 28 by TheResurrection

But the Trust were FULLY AWARE the present shareholders were looking to sell. That was as clear as day. I mean, is there any one of us that thinks otherwise?

As soon as Noel and Moores were outed on this very site. In fact I remember pulling up a piece from the net and Richard Major messaging me to say "good work - carry on", as soon as they were on the scene the Trust should have made sure they were in all negotiations. The "hurtful, I didn't know" bullshit just doesn't cut the mustard.

So how could they have make sure they were in on all the negotiations if it was kept secret.

There's also something you seem to be avoiding too,what's your take on the Trust statement from last week or doesn't that matter in your quest?

A Plan of Action on 10:32 - Oct 28 with 638 viewsmarchamjack

A Plan of Action on 10:19 - Oct 28 by TheResurrection

It's one thing to know (and they may well have), it's an entirely other thing for a group of other shareholders to form an effective majority and sell from under the then minority shareholders feet, whether they knew or wanted it to happen or not.

That is a day-to-day fact of business life with regards to businesses in the hands of shareholders.

The Trust aren't the first shareholder of a business to have this happen and they won't be the last.

If you can tell me what they should/could have done in the event (which transpired) where the other shareholders formed a majority, cut them out of the deal and sold on their shareholding as they were fully entitled to do (unless they weren't entitled to do this and we'll find out if the Trust instigate legal action to establish this)?

Look, I'm as disappointed as you with the Trust on the Coozy front (as it appears), but that doesn't alter the case that (unless there's some legal impediment) the Trust got shafted by the former owners (the effective majority) in the way they chose to sell their shares and left the Trust stranded.

A Plan of Action on 10:35 - Oct 28 with 630 viewsDarran

A Plan of Action on 10:32 - Oct 28 by marchamjack

It's one thing to know (and they may well have), it's an entirely other thing for a group of other shareholders to form an effective majority and sell from under the then minority shareholders feet, whether they knew or wanted it to happen or not.

That is a day-to-day fact of business life with regards to businesses in the hands of shareholders.

The Trust aren't the first shareholder of a business to have this happen and they won't be the last.

If you can tell me what they should/could have done in the event (which transpired) where the other shareholders formed a majority, cut them out of the deal and sold on their shareholding as they were fully entitled to do (unless they weren't entitled to do this and we'll find out if the Trust instigate legal action to establish this)?

Look, I'm as disappointed as you with the Trust on the Coozy front (as it appears), but that doesn't alter the case that (unless there's some legal impediment) the Trust got shafted by the former owners (the effective majority) in the way they chose to sell their shares and left the Trust stranded.

He knows that mate,he knows that everyone else together became a majority making the Trust the minority but it's not part of his cunning plan.

A Plan of Action on 10:41 - Oct 28 with 612 viewsEasternJack

A Plan of Action on 10:29 - Oct 28 by Darran

So how could they have make sure they were in on all the negotiations if it was kept secret.

There's also something you seem to be avoiding too,what's your take on the Trust statement from last week or doesn't that matter in your quest?

Are you ignoring the fact that people on here predicted this - many of whom were hounded off this site for suggesting what has actually transpired to be the truth?

It has been challenged on here for some time that HC has had a conflict of interest. His business receives revenue from the club and he is paid a salary by the club. Add to that his close relationship with HJ and his regular sessions down at Morgan and we have the beginnings of a conspiracy.

I find it totally unbelievable that the Trust did not know what was going on - or at the very least did not have a hint which would have compelled them to formally request confirmation of any ongoing negotiations through the Trust solicitors.

Parking all that aside. The conclusion is very simple. Either the Trust board are complicit in what happened to our club this summer or they are collectively incompetent for letting it happen.

Unfortunately this site is tainted by people who are blind sheep who derail any meaningful discussions with abuse.

Change needs to come from elsewhere.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

A Plan of Action on 10:43 - Oct 28 with 602 viewsDarran

A Plan of Action on 10:41 - Oct 28 by EasternJack

Are you ignoring the fact that people on here predicted this - many of whom were hounded off this site for suggesting what has actually transpired to be the truth?

It has been challenged on here for some time that HC has had a conflict of interest. His business receives revenue from the club and he is paid a salary by the club. Add to that his close relationship with HJ and his regular sessions down at Morgan and we have the beginnings of a conspiracy.

I find it totally unbelievable that the Trust did not know what was going on - or at the very least did not have a hint which would have compelled them to formally request confirmation of any ongoing negotiations through the Trust solicitors.

Parking all that aside. The conclusion is very simple. Either the Trust board are complicit in what happened to our club this summer or they are collectively incompetent for letting it happen.

Unfortunately this site is tainted by people who are blind sheep who derail any meaningful discussions with abuse.

Change needs to come from elsewhere.

I'm not ignoring anything I'm stating facts.

A Plan of Action on 10:45 - Oct 28 with 596 viewsEasternJack

The trust statement last week has been rendered in unreliable in light of recent developments.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024