Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The new Governance rules - Too little, too late and for all the wrong reasons. 21:57 - Oct 28 with 3700 viewsTheResurrection

Ask yourself why these shiny, new governance rules have been brought in?

Coincidence maybe, the last few years when a lot of us were banging the drum about the obvious conflicts of interest and then Andrew Godden has somehow picked up the righteous baton and wanted to get involved for that reason.

Haha. Yeah right.

What Huw has done is much the same as Leigh Dineen did.

They were both there to represent the fans and both got sucked in to the Club and both did very well from it.

What lessons were learned from Mr Dineen's time??

NONE!!

Oh, but Andrew Godden has seen this for some time and "that's why" the new governance rules have been brought in....

Of course, makes sense now.

The Trust are so knee deep in their own mess they don't know which way to turn.

Ohm and I see all holidays finished at 8 o clock this Friday.

Cowards!!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

The new Governance rules - Too little, too late and for all the wrong reasons. on 14:41 - Oct 29 with 630 viewsNeiltheTaylor

The new Governance rules - Too little, too late and for all the wrong reasons. on 14:34 - Oct 29 by exiledclaseboy

To answer the question in the OP, the new governance rules are definitely too late. It's arguable whether they go far enough. I'd like to have seen them go a little further in some areas. But I absolutely believe they've put in place for the right reasons.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2016 14:53]

"To answer the question in the OP, the new governance rules *ate* definitely too late."

Facking knew it! I'm watching you!

While I accept the explanations for the logic of their current content, Phil graciously explained his position last night, it still rankles that we are prepared to let "Dai Chippy" contribute to his club via an under priced bid for work while some completely untalented waste of spaces on the board use it, not to enhance the club's profitability and quality on the field, but swell their already shamefully swelled bank accounts off his back.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2016 14:49]

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

The new Governance rules - Too little, too late and for all the wrong reasons. on 15:00 - Oct 29 with 603 viewsexiledclaseboy

The new Governance rules - Too little, too late and for all the wrong reasons. on 14:41 - Oct 29 by NeiltheTaylor

"To answer the question in the OP, the new governance rules *ate* definitely too late."

Facking knew it! I'm watching you!

While I accept the explanations for the logic of their current content, Phil graciously explained his position last night, it still rankles that we are prepared to let "Dai Chippy" contribute to his club via an under priced bid for work while some completely untalented waste of spaces on the board use it, not to enhance the club's profitability and quality on the field, but swell their already shamefully swelled bank accounts off his back.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2016 14:49]

For me the rules should be clear that if you want to be employed by the football club or do independent business with the club then you are ineligible to be on the Trust board and definitely ineligible to be supporter director. But I accept that may be too restrictive in some circumstances so I understand why they've done it the way they have. Id just be more comfortable with some clearer water between club and Trust. Especially after this past week.

Poll: Tory leader

The new Governance rules - Too little, too late and for all the wrong reasons. on 15:09 - Oct 29 with 586 viewsdobjack2

The new Governance rules - Too little, too late and for all the wrong reasons. on 15:00 - Oct 29 by exiledclaseboy

For me the rules should be clear that if you want to be employed by the football club or do independent business with the club then you are ineligible to be on the Trust board and definitely ineligible to be supporter director. But I accept that may be too restrictive in some circumstances so I understand why they've done it the way they have. Id just be more comfortable with some clearer water between club and Trust. Especially after this past week.

Agree needs to be clear water and it needs to be clear and transparent to all that there is.

As much for the protection of the supporter director/trust board members as for the people they represent.
The new Governance rules - Too little, too late and for all the wrong reasons. on 17:52 - Oct 29 with 512 viewsPhil_S

The new Governance rules - Too little, too late and for all the wrong reasons. on 15:09 - Oct 29 by dobjack2

Agree needs to be clear water and it needs to be clear and transparent to all that there is.

As much for the protection of the supporter director/trust board members as for the people they represent.

The rules that govern the new Supporter Director, whoever that will be, will continue to evolve over time I am sure.
The new Governance rules - Too little, too late and for all the wrong reasons. on 18:50 - Oct 29 with 458 viewsGowerjack

The new Governance rules - Too little, too late and for all the wrong reasons. on 15:00 - Oct 29 by exiledclaseboy

Absolutely correct.

And lets be quite honest here not rocket science either....

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

The new Governance rules - Too little, too late and for all the wrong reasons. on 20:33 - Oct 29 with 384 viewsUxbridge

A view I have a lot of sympathy for,but as you say there's a counter argument around potential circumstances. For me, so long as it's totally visible then a lot of it is mitigated plus if details printed they're less likely to exist in the first place.

As Phil said, these must be a first draft. Should be assessed continuously.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024