Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
1.5bn extra WAG infastructure spend. 18:56 - Nov 24 with 1480 viewsPrivate_Partz

Apparently this lot is coming to Wales via Westminster so BBC Cardiff immediately look at crumbling buildings. Where do they go? Some poxy disused railway station in Cardiff. Even had that Tory Welsh Govt Minister standing outside the eyesore.
Forget about Mumbles Pier. Palace Theatre, Elysium and the Albert Hall. Drayford already has his eyes on chucking large chunks of this at Cardiff.
They did mention the A45 in passing where the local councillor said it would be nice if it had drainage, proper approach roads and a hard shoulder! They truly are an investment backwater up there.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

1.5bn extra WAG infastructure spend. on 20:14 - Nov 24 with 1442 viewsNogginthenog

Money = Cardiff

F&&k everyone else
1.5bn extra WAG infastructure spend. on 20:22 - Nov 24 with 1429 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Wasn't Seansea mentioned in the Autumn statement ?

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

1.5bn extra WAG infastructure spend. on 20:47 - Nov 24 with 1400 viewsGlyn1

1.5bn extra WAG infastructure spend. on 20:14 - Nov 24 by Nogginthenog

Money = Cardiff

F&&k everyone else

But the Welsh don't give a damn about money Noggin, or we wouldn't have told the EU to stop giving us hundreds of millions of Euros.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2016 20:48]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

1.5bn extra WAG infastructure spend. on 21:21 - Nov 24 with 1359 viewsNogginthenog

1.5bn extra WAG infastructure spend. on 20:47 - Nov 24 by Glyn1

But the Welsh don't give a damn about money Noggin, or we wouldn't have told the EU to stop giving us hundreds of millions of Euros.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2016 20:48]

Don't get me started on that, we are absolutely mad to leave the Eu but the deed is done, i cant see Westminster making up the full shortfall.
1.5bn extra WAG infastructure spend. on 21:54 - Nov 24 with 1342 viewsWxmJax

Do we mean the A55 or A5 because the A45 is somewhere near Coventry / NEC (as it used to be called).

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

1.5bn extra WAG infastructure spend. on 22:07 - Nov 24 with 1322 viewsJackofdreambeach

listening to bbc radio wales and reading walesonline they are now reporting that Cardiff and Vale of Glamorgan AM's want Cardiff central railway station expanded.

Not suffice to have the Serbia footie game at Cardiff in the midst of the Autumn rugby internationals they now feel it necessary for a Central station upgrade. Yes it has just been expanded,yes they have a billion pound scheme in pipeline for a metro out of Cardiff and yes a major media /office regeneration being built outside Cardiff station now. Swansea has a case for some serious funding now.

Yet the centre of Cardiff gets enterprise zone status (rate free ) for finance/office sector. Criminal that the South West of Wales looks completely ignored on economic front. Where are the Swansea AM's in all this? The Swansea and Gower MP's don't look of a great calibre it must be said
1.5bn extra WAG infastructure spend. on 23:25 - Nov 24 with 1259 viewsPrivate_Partz

1.5bn extra WAG infastructure spend. on 21:54 - Nov 24 by WxmJax

Do we mean the A55 or A5 because the A45 is somewhere near Coventry / NEC (as it used to be called).

Indeed. It is the A55 that was mentioned. The main N Wales route. Apologies.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

1.5bn extra WAG infastructure spend. on 23:40 - Nov 24 with 1249 viewsSnakePlissken

Your marina is nice. Lovely coastal areas etc all you need is a decent shopping centre, something like Newport has just had done. a few extra seats at the liberty to host welsh internationals. An indoor arena 5k plus seats for music and other indoor events, and a few other bits and bobs to bring your centre up to scratch. Surely your local councillors or whoever sorts these types of things out can get it sorted. You don't need much to rejuvenate Swansea central from what I've seen
[Post edited 24 Nov 2016 23:46]
Login to get fewer ads

1.5bn extra WAG infastructure spend. on 23:59 - Nov 24 with 1238 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

1.5bn extra WAG infastructure spend. on 23:40 - Nov 24 by SnakePlissken

Your marina is nice. Lovely coastal areas etc all you need is a decent shopping centre, something like Newport has just had done. a few extra seats at the liberty to host welsh internationals. An indoor arena 5k plus seats for music and other indoor events, and a few other bits and bobs to bring your centre up to scratch. Surely your local councillors or whoever sorts these types of things out can get it sorted. You don't need much to rejuvenate Swansea central from what I've seen

A 5k arena is pretty useless. What would it host? Any medium sized bands will go to Cardiff and not risk venturing further West to a less populated city.

An extended stadium is useless too as it will be lucky to attract 15,000 per match from next August.

I'm sure I read something about an aquarium being proposed which again seems like a complete waste of money.

The council should make it more difficult for shops to relocate out of the city centre to retail parks and offer incentives to open shops in the city centre.

They also need to stop allowing buildings in prime positions in the city centre to be turned into flats.

They throw colossal amounts of money or grants at projects which offer minuscule benefits to the people of Swansea, such as irreversible road alterations for the experimental bendy busses.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

1.5bn extra WAG infastructure spend. on 00:46 - Nov 25 with 1218 viewsJack_Meoff

Yay. One and a half weeks interest payment on our national debt. Aren't we spoilt. Yay.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2016 0:47]

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

1.5bn extra WAG infastructure spend. on 08:28 - Nov 25 with 1150 viewsLeonWasGod

That's pretty much what's going to happen if they follow through on current plans. I think the talk is of a slightly smaller arena, about 3k, but could be wrong. Seafront development with new hotel and aquatic research centre / aquarium. In partnership with the Uni (biggest employer?) it makes perfect sense. We desperately need extra attractions to turn the City into a 3 day visit location. That's been proven to up visitors and income wherever it's happened. Not so sure about the stadium expansion; as others have said we'd probably struggle to fill it.
1.5bn extra WAG infastructure spend. on 13:31 - Nov 25 with 1090 viewsCopperJack

Yet we continue to vote in Welsh Labour who we know will do this...couldn't make it up

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

1.5bn extra WAG infastructure spend. on 16:03 - Nov 25 with 1057 viewsnice_to_michu

1.5bn extra WAG infastructure spend. on 13:31 - Nov 25 by CopperJack

Yet we continue to vote in Welsh Labour who we know will do this...couldn't make it up

The Swansea City Deal is going ahead though....what's your point?

And more importantly, who would you would you prefer to govern our principality?
1.5bn extra WAG infastructure spend. on 16:54 - Nov 25 with 1033 viewsSnakePlissken

1.5bn extra WAG infastructure spend. on 23:59 - Nov 24 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

A 5k arena is pretty useless. What would it host? Any medium sized bands will go to Cardiff and not risk venturing further West to a less populated city.

An extended stadium is useless too as it will be lucky to attract 15,000 per match from next August.

I'm sure I read something about an aquarium being proposed which again seems like a complete waste of money.

The council should make it more difficult for shops to relocate out of the city centre to retail parks and offer incentives to open shops in the city centre.

They also need to stop allowing buildings in prime positions in the city centre to be turned into flats.

They throw colossal amounts of money or grants at projects which offer minuscule benefits to the people of Swansea, such as irreversible road alterations for the experimental bendy busses.

You may be right mate. You live in Swansea, I don't so you would know the situation better than me. About the indoor arena though, speaking from experience, I go to quite a few music events at Cardiff's motor point, and the students union, which are quite small venues, are always full of people from the Pembroke area, Milford haven, Llanelli etc. These areas come under swanseas catchment id assume. All it would need is a good events organiser and it would take off. Lots of music goers from around your area. Your university is thriving, students would certainly be up for it. Don't underestimate swanseas hunger for this kind of thing. You have a big enough catchment area. Don't undersell yourselves. Youd be surprised
1.5bn extra WAG infastructure spend. on 09:12 - Nov 26 with 944 viewsBrynmill_Jack

1.5bn extra WAG infastructure spend. on 16:54 - Nov 25 by SnakePlissken

You may be right mate. You live in Swansea, I don't so you would know the situation better than me. About the indoor arena though, speaking from experience, I go to quite a few music events at Cardiff's motor point, and the students union, which are quite small venues, are always full of people from the Pembroke area, Milford haven, Llanelli etc. These areas come under swanseas catchment id assume. All it would need is a good events organiser and it would take off. Lots of music goers from around your area. Your university is thriving, students would certainly be up for it. Don't underestimate swanseas hunger for this kind of thing. You have a big enough catchment area. Don't undersell yourselves. Youd be surprised

Last sentence spot on. We've always had small minded idiot politicians hold sway here like boss Hogg from the Dukes of Hazard. No vision at all for what in reality is the greatest beachfronted city in the whole of the UK.

Good on Cardiff for making the most for what it has. The likes of Goodway and Bale are doing their jobs and shouting out for investment. Why aren't our politicians doing the same??

If Swansea was in the south of France the front would be peppered with nice restaurants . I'm not saying to spoil it but at least make the most of it.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

1.5bn extra WAG infastructure spend. on 10:02 - Nov 26 with 919 viewsPrivate_Partz

1.5bn extra WAG infastructure spend. on 09:12 - Nov 26 by Brynmill_Jack

Last sentence spot on. We've always had small minded idiot politicians hold sway here like boss Hogg from the Dukes of Hazard. No vision at all for what in reality is the greatest beachfronted city in the whole of the UK.

Good on Cardiff for making the most for what it has. The likes of Goodway and Bale are doing their jobs and shouting out for investment. Why aren't our politicians doing the same??

If Swansea was in the south of France the front would be peppered with nice restaurants . I'm not saying to spoil it but at least make the most of it.

How do you know our politicians are not doing the same? There are 22 other Local Authorities and therfore 22 other leaders.
True many of the Leaders are Welsh Labour, and don't want to rock the Cardiff gravy train boat, but there are others of different political pursations who have it much worse than us.
22 other voices and only one heard? Many will think it is just down to a poor quality of councillor outside of the SE.
I think that is impossible. Very few are great politicians. Most are of poor quality.
The difference is one section gets full WAG and media support whilst the rest can go to Hell.

1.5bn extra WAG infastructure spend. on 19:23 - Nov 26 with 877 viewsfelixstowe_jack

It is NOT EU money. The UK TAX PAYERS give the EU billions a year. The EU return our money less £8,000,000,000 it keeps each year.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

1.5bn extra WAG infastructure spend. on 09:35 - Nov 27 with 823 viewsjohnlangy

1.5bn extra WAG infastructure spend. on 19:23 - Nov 26 by felixstowe_jack

It is NOT EU money. The UK TAX PAYERS give the EU billions a year. The EU return our money less £8,000,000,000 it keeps each year.

The point everyone is making about the 'EU/UK' money is that it actually comes back to Wales whereas, when we've left the EU we then have to take it on Trust that the UK government will replicate that funding.

So far they've not said anything about extra funds for Wales when the EU funding stops.
1.5bn extra WAG infastructure spend. on 09:43 - Nov 27 with 817 viewsRevJames

Swansea has a much nicer coastal location than Cardiff but its centre is an eyesore.

Sort out High St from the station into town. It does not give a good first impression to visitors.

The city centre has suffered because of places like Fforestfach. Most people go out of town to shop because it's easier.

It needs a spanking new overhaul with a signature store like John Lewis and lots of smaller shops of interest - not pound shops, coffee shops, betting shops etc.

Over to you Swansea Council....
[Post edited 27 Nov 2016 9:46]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024