Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flynn 08:09 - Dec 1 with 10230 viewsdcd14

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38161256

Former Swansea City manager Brian Flynn is returning to the club as a scout.

Flynn, 61, was the Swansea boss who masterminded the club retaining their Football League status on the last day of the 2002-03 season.

He has since worked with the Wales age-grade teams and was caretaker boss of the senior side for two games.

During eight years in charge of the Wales under-21s, Flynn oversaw the progression of Gareth Bale, Aaron Ramsey, Joe Allen and Wayne Hennessey.

Several of the youngsters went on to form the nucleus of Chris Coleman's Euro 2016 semi-finalists.

Flynn, who played for Wales 66-times, was a firm favourite at the Vetch Field and cemented his legacy when they retained their Football League status on the final day of the 2003 campaign with a 4-2 win over Hull City.

Port Talbot-born Flynn, who played for Burnley, Leeds United and Cardiff City, has also managed Wrexham and Doncaster Rovers
Flyn on 09:58 - Dec 2 with 1645 viewsjack247

Flynn on 17:55 - Dec 1 by Darran

Its very hard to understand if you're talking about a few years down the line considering where we are at the moment.

That was my reaction too. We don't need rough diamonds from Chester and Rochdale anymore, or youngsters from other clubs academies that no one else has noticed. We should be in the market for players with a bit of pedigree.
Flynn on 10:01 - Dec 2 with 1643 viewsLeonWasGod

I can't help but feel this is a bit of a desperate move and one aimed at placating the fans. Give usa bit of local nostalgia to detract from project USA.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but as Darren says picking up League 2 players who go on and develop into top players is very different from what we need now.
Flynn on 10:31 - Dec 2 with 1622 viewswaynekerr55

Flynn on 10:01 - Dec 2 by LeonWasGod

I can't help but feel this is a bit of a desperate move and one aimed at placating the fans. Give usa bit of local nostalgia to detract from project USA.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but as Darren says picking up League 2 players who go on and develop into top players is very different from what we need now.

Exactly - said league 2 players are better off playing rather than being signed, over paid and doing nothing in the dog sh*t u23 games

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Flynn on 11:12 - Dec 2 with 1587 viewstheloneranger

I wonder if he's still got his contacts at Man Utd?

A few good players there looking for first team football

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Flynn on 11:48 - Dec 2 with 1562 viewsswancity

Flynn on 11:12 - Dec 2 by theloneranger

I wonder if he's still got his contacts at Man Utd?

A few good players there looking for first team football

Apparently a couple of good Everton young players being looked at as Flynn was there last season with Martinez

Three new players will be enough in January to make all the difference including another winger in the Townsend mould. Direct and quick.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Flynn on 12:35 - Dec 2 with 1530 viewsmax936

Flynn on 11:48 - Dec 2 by swancity

Apparently a couple of good Everton young players being looked at as Flynn was there last season with Martinez

Three new players will be enough in January to make all the difference including another winger in the Townsend mould. Direct and quick.

Not true mun Darran said it'll be players for 2020 he's ITK.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Flynn on 12:41 - Dec 2 with 1527 viewsswancity

Flynn on 12:35 - Dec 2 by max936

ITK?

He doesn't know his arse from his elbow the scruffy long haired useless thicktw at

Flynn will be looking to try to assist now with players ready for our 1st team squad and also with young players with potential to develop, improve and coach. He's the best man for the job no doubt.

Flynn on 12:44 - Dec 2 with 1523 viewsDarran

Flynn on 12:35 - Dec 2 by max936

So you think a couple of young Everton players that can't get in their team is exactly what we need in January to get us out of the current shit we are in then Max?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Flynn on 12:48 - Dec 2 with 1516 viewsswancity

Flynn on 12:44 - Dec 2 by Darran

So you think a couple of young Everton players that can't get in their team is exactly what we need in January to get us out of the current shit we are in then Max?

No one said that they alone would be expected to do that. You make things up as you go along

But Flynn will be looking at all possibilities, don't forget other clubs are also in the same boat. All chasing the next Wayne Rooney Ryan Giggs or Michael Owen

And Flynn is just a part of our scouting system. He can't wave a magic wand but he knows talent and has good contacts in the game.

Flynn on 12:56 - Dec 2 with 1496 viewsDarran

Flynn on 12:48 - Dec 2 by swancity

No one said that they alone would be expected to do that. You make things up as you go along

But Flynn will be looking at all possibilities, don't forget other clubs are also in the same boat. All chasing the next Wayne Rooney Ryan Giggs or Michael Owen

And Flynn is just a part of our scouting system. He can't wave a magic wand but he knows talent and has good contacts in the game.

Most other clubs will be going out in January and signing quality players.

Flynn on 13:07 - Dec 2 with 1481 viewsswancity

Flynn on 12:56 - Dec 2 by Darran

Most other clubs will be going out in January and signing quality players.

Look thicko quality players as you call them, in January will attract extortionate transfer values. Desperate clubs will be throwing money around like confetti that they can't afford.

I'm sure there is a budget set aside for new players. I've got no idea how much that is but a compliment of young players with everything to prove and a bit of experience is what's needed. Three may be four players will do nicely.

Unless you think we should try to snap up Neymar from under the noses of Man Utd 😂😂

Flynn on 13:14 - Dec 2 with 1474 viewsDarran

Flynn on 13:07 - Dec 2 by swancity

Look thicko quality players as you call them, in January will attract extortionate transfer values. Desperate clubs will be throwing money around like confetti that they can't afford.

I'm sure there is a budget set aside for new players. I've got no idea how much that is but a compliment of young players with everything to prove and a bit of experience is what's needed. Three may be four players will do nicely.

Unless you think we should try to snap up Neymar from under the noses of Man Utd 😂😂

Well we should be able to afford it seeing as we've spent f*ck all.

Flynn on 13:21 - Dec 2 with 1460 viewswaynekerr55

Flynn on 13:14 - Dec 2 by Darran

Well we should be able to afford it seeing as we've spent f*ck all.

Well I think Dineen's catering needs probably swallowed half the playing budget (literally)...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Flynn on 14:19 - Dec 2 with 1426 viewskarnataka

Flynn on 08:45 - Dec 1 by Pegojack

My footballing claim to fame is that I once played against him in the massive Port Talbot derby match - Glanafan Comprehensive vs Sandfields Comprehensive.

History doesn't record the result.

Which famous footballers have you played against?

I played alongside Joey Jones and Nev Southall for Llandudno Swifts at U16 level in the late 60s and we played against Mochdre who included Mickey Thomas. But I think you know all this already Mike!
Flynn on 15:22 - Dec 2 with 1393 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Flynn on 12:41 - Dec 2 by swancity

ITK?

He doesn't know his arse from his elbow the scruffy long haired useless thicktw at

Flynn will be looking to try to assist now with players ready for our 1st team squad and also with young players with potential to develop, improve and coach. He's the best man for the job no doubt.

So you're in no doubt that Brian Flynn was the best person on Earth available to hire as a scout?

I'd agree he's an average appointment for coaching the youngsters or occasionally scouting youth international tournaments, but scouting for first team Premier League players? Of course he isn't the best man for that job. If he was, every team in the world would be scrambling to sign him.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Flynn on 15:35 - Dec 2 with 1376 viewsswancity

Flynn on 15:22 - Dec 2 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

So you're in no doubt that Brian Flynn was the best person on Earth available to hire as a scout?

I'd agree he's an average appointment for coaching the youngsters or occasionally scouting youth international tournaments, but scouting for first team Premier League players? Of course he isn't the best man for that job. If he was, every team in the world would be scrambling to sign him.

No there's a great scout in Mozambique who is already in employment who would have been a bit better.

Of the scouts available to come straight in hes as good as it gets, he knows the Swansea way and what's required. His contacts within the game remain excellent

Now fook off and bore someone else, thanks.

Flynn on 15:38 - Dec 2 with 1369 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Flynn on 15:35 - Dec 2 by swancity

No there's a great scout in Mozambique who is already in employment who would have been a bit better.

Of the scouts available to come straight in hes as good as it gets, he knows the Swansea way and what's required. His contacts within the game remain excellent

Now fook off and bore someone else, thanks.

There is no "Swansea Way".

Unless you haven't been watching, we've been playing arguably the worst football in the division for over a year now.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Flynn on 16:17 - Dec 2 with 1341 viewscostalotta

Flynn on 13:07 - Dec 2 by swancity

Thicko...

The irony.

Are you paid by Multimillionaires ? Or are you one of them.
Flynn on 17:41 - Dec 2 with 1292 viewsskippyjack

Flynn on 16:39 - Dec 1 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I don't either. However I'd say he has a better chance of doing so than whoever is currently scouting for us, based on the rubbish they've recommended over the past two years.

If we really did turn Rodgers down because he wanted a few million more than we were willing to pay, I wonder how long it will take until we've spent more on alternatives than we would have with the likely stable Rodgers management team.

Guidolin's new contract and severance package, Bradley's new contract and inevitable severance package, all of Guidolin's staff, Bradley's staff.

Yet the man who presided over all of this is still in charge.

According to Huw J.. it's the Americans who are pulling all the strings, and Bradley was their man.. Huw Cooze obviously sanctioned the decision without consulting the Supporters Trust, and he has decided to jump ship before he gets a backlash from the Trust if it goes t*ts up.

Over to you Bob, you have the experience, but this league is beyond ruthless.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Flynn on 14:06 - Jan 3 with 1131 viewsDarran

Come on then Bri who've you scouted for us?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024