Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flynn 08:09 - Dec 1 with 10231 viewsdcd14

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38161256

Former Swansea City manager Brian Flynn is returning to the club as a scout.

Flynn, 61, was the Swansea boss who masterminded the club retaining their Football League status on the last day of the 2002-03 season.

He has since worked with the Wales age-grade teams and was caretaker boss of the senior side for two games.

During eight years in charge of the Wales under-21s, Flynn oversaw the progression of Gareth Bale, Aaron Ramsey, Joe Allen and Wayne Hennessey.

Several of the youngsters went on to form the nucleus of Chris Coleman's Euro 2016 semi-finalists.

Flynn, who played for Wales 66-times, was a firm favourite at the Vetch Field and cemented his legacy when they retained their Football League status on the final day of the 2003 campaign with a 4-2 win over Hull City.

Port Talbot-born Flynn, who played for Burnley, Leeds United and Cardiff City, has also managed Wrexham and Doncaster Rovers
Flynn on 11:36 - Dec 1 with 2084 viewsWxmJax

Playing against The Swans on BT 2 now.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Flynn on 13:19 - Dec 1 with 1972 viewsSwanseajill

Flynn on 08:40 - Dec 1 by Devz00

I'm quite happy with this appointment to be honest. And he won't be required to be in Swansea much so it will suit him.

My first thoughts too when I read the O P.
Flynn on 15:40 - Dec 1 with 1852 viewswaynekerr55

Flynn on 11:20 - Dec 1 by Uppa_Swans

I'm not sure whether it was that tbh mate, would have loved to have seen him stay with us but Man City have a great academy.

I think his undoing has been floating between struggling Championship clubs. Difficult to progress without a solid permanent deal IMO, as Scott Sinclair found. You're having to effectively 'shop window' yourself over a short period of games. Huws isn't dynamic enough for a Warnock style of football really.

Well for me, he missed out on men's football.

Joe and Ben got that earlier than him, and look how that helped them.

That said, he's done better than most, that's for sure!

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Flynn on 16:12 - Dec 1 with 1827 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I have more faith in Flynn to find us somebody decent than any of the current scouting set up. The amount of money wasted on the garbage brought in since Laudrup left is unforgivable and those sort of colossal, consistent mistakes would see most people in a normal job sacked very quickly.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Flynn on 16:26 - Dec 1 with 1794 viewsDarran

Flynn on 16:12 - Dec 1 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I have more faith in Flynn to find us somebody decent than any of the current scouting set up. The amount of money wasted on the garbage brought in since Laudrup left is unforgivable and those sort of colossal, consistent mistakes would see most people in a normal job sacked very quickly.

We need players better than we've got now I don't see how Flynn going to do that.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Flynn on 16:39 - Dec 1 with 1777 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Flynn on 16:26 - Dec 1 by Darran

We need players better than we've got now I don't see how Flynn going to do that.

I don't either. However I'd say he has a better chance of doing so than whoever is currently scouting for us, based on the rubbish they've recommended over the past two years.

If we really did turn Rodgers down because he wanted a few million more than we were willing to pay, I wonder how long it will take until we've spent more on alternatives than we would have with the likely stable Rodgers management team.

Guidolin's new contract and severance package, Bradley's new contract and inevitable severance package, all of Guidolin's staff, Bradley's staff.

Yet the man who presided over all of this is still in charge.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Flynn on 16:55 - Dec 1 with 1761 viewswaynekerr55

Flynn on 16:39 - Dec 1 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I don't either. However I'd say he has a better chance of doing so than whoever is currently scouting for us, based on the rubbish they've recommended over the past two years.

If we really did turn Rodgers down because he wanted a few million more than we were willing to pay, I wonder how long it will take until we've spent more on alternatives than we would have with the likely stable Rodgers management team.

Guidolin's new contract and severance package, Bradley's new contract and inevitable severance package, all of Guidolin's staff, Bradley's staff.

Yet the man who presided over all of this is still in charge.

Yes, he's the tw*t who should either (a) f*ck off or (b) show some backbone and do a Ron Noades and take the managers job. He clearly wants to...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Flynn on 16:56 - Dec 1 with 1760 viewscontroversial_jack

Is his a tacit admission that our current talent spotting system is not up to standard?
Login to get fewer ads

Flynn on 17:42 - Dec 1 with 1709 viewsKilkennyjack

I assume mr flynn will simply buy a second home near Falkirk and send the players down for the u23s. No point looking elsewhere -and all better than our locally produced players obviously. I welcome the appointment, Flynn is a professional and the guy who guided Ash to Wales fame. Flynn knows his onions. Trundle and Leon speak volumes for him.

Beware of the Risen People

Flynn on 17:43 - Dec 1 with 1706 viewsDarran

Flynn on 17:42 - Dec 1 by Kilkennyjack

I assume mr flynn will simply buy a second home near Falkirk and send the players down for the u23s. No point looking elsewhere -and all better than our locally produced players obviously. I welcome the appointment, Flynn is a professional and the guy who guided Ash to Wales fame. Flynn knows his onions. Trundle and Leon speak volumes for him.

Yes he does know his onions but he doesn't know them for what we need.

Flynn on 17:45 - Dec 1 with 1701 viewsLoyal

Peter Nicholas in charge of the bar should keep the accountants on their toes.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Flynn on 17:49 - Dec 1 with 1699 viewsswancity

Flynn on 17:43 - Dec 1 by Darran

Yes he does know his onions but he doesn't know them for what we need.

Christ youre thick Prosser

He will be scouting through the Leagues 1 and 2 plus Conference and National leagues and lower looking for those 'hidden gems' as they are out there. He knows what a good player looks like. One that will develop. Is that hard to understand.

Hes played enough at the top level and coached young players. Hes a great acquisition.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Flynn on 17:55 - Dec 1 with 1689 viewsDarran

Flynn on 17:49 - Dec 1 by swancity

Christ youre thick Prosser

He will be scouting through the Leagues 1 and 2 plus Conference and National leagues and lower looking for those 'hidden gems' as they are out there. He knows what a good player looks like. One that will develop. Is that hard to understand.

Hes played enough at the top level and coached young players. Hes a great acquisition.

Its very hard to understand if you're talking about a few years down the line considering where we are at the moment.

Flynn on 18:01 - Dec 1 with 1675 viewsmax936

Flynn on 17:55 - Dec 1 by Darran

Its very hard to understand if you're talking about a few years down the line considering where we are at the moment.

I feel quite up lifted by Flynn's appointment myself, keeps himself in the loop watches lots of football and knows the game inside out, what's not to like, positive appointment for me, only time will tell I know, but I'm happy with it.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Flynn on 18:03 - Dec 1 with 1673 viewsDarran

Flynn on 18:01 - Dec 1 by max936

I feel quite up lifted by Flynn's appointment myself, keeps himself in the loop watches lots of football and knows the game inside out, what's not to like, positive appointment for me, only time will tell I know, but I'm happy with it.

We need players to walk in the first team in January Max not January 2020.

Flynn on 18:05 - Dec 1 with 1506 viewsswancity

What on earth are you talking about?

Flynn on 18:08 - Dec 1 with 1503 viewsDarran

Flynn on 18:05 - Dec 1 by swancity

What on earth are you talking about?

Exactly what I said slaphead.

Flynn on 18:11 - Dec 1 with 1493 viewsswancity

Flynn on 18:08 - Dec 1 by Darran

Exactly what I said slaphead.

Its not hard to understand you scruffy tool. He will watch games at all levels and report his recommendations to the management. A great appointment from all angles.

Flynn on 18:14 - Dec 1 with 1482 viewsWatchman

Flynn on 18:03 - Dec 1 by Darran

Spot On
“I am excited to be back and I am looking forward to trying to do my bit to make sure we maintain our Premier League status,”
Well he better have Bale and Messi types lined up for about £250k in January

Club is an utter shambles

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Flynn on 18:23 - Dec 1 with 1463 viewsDarran

Flynn on 18:14 - Dec 1 by Watchman

Spot On
“I am excited to be back and I am looking forward to trying to do my bit to make sure we maintain our Premier League status,”
Well he better have Bale and Messi types lined up for about £250k in January

Club is an utter shambles

Excatly my friend now we want em. (Well first week of Jan)

Flynn on 18:49 - Dec 1 with 1435 viewsmax936

Flynn on 18:03 - Dec 1 by Darran

Panicking are you?

Whose to say what players he'll be looking at, if his remit is to scout young up and coming players then you're right if its to find players able to bolster the first team then that's what he'll do, until his actual job title is and what his role will be we won't know what he'll be looking for.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Flynn on 23:08 - Dec 1 with 1309 viewsAngelRangelQS

I honestly don't know what our fans expect us to do or who they want us to bring in.

Anyone who's even played one league game of football is an upgrade on Jenkins or whichever imbecile has been signing players for the last few years. I'd also rather he signed the players than Coach Bob to be quite honest

Flynn had a good playing career, a decent managerial one, has a load of contacts and has a reputation for spotting talent. If all he does it attend a couple of games with Bradley/Leadbitter (how is he still here?) and gives his views on certain players it's a damn sight better than where we are at present.
Flynn on 00:46 - Dec 2 with 1282 viewsJacTawe

Flynn on 08:45 - Dec 1 by Pegojack

My footballing claim to fame is that I once played against him in the massive Port Talbot derby match - Glanafan Comprehensive vs Sandfields Comprehensive.

History doesn't record the result.

Which famous footballers have you played against?

Played with and against John Hartson

Poll: The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence?

Flynn on 07:12 - Dec 2 with 1209 viewsGowerjack

Maybe not Pross.

BF scouting out the best players in L1 & L2...

Just a bit of much needed forward planning for our third phoenix like rise through the league tables.

Tonight we're gonna party like it's 2002.....

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Flynn on 09:57 - Dec 2 with 1143 viewsfather_jack

Flynn on 07:12 - Dec 2 by Gowerjack

Maybe not Pross.

BF scouting out the best players in L1 & L2...

Just a bit of much needed forward planning for our third phoenix like rise through the league tables.

Tonight we're gonna party like it's 2002.....

well thought of by the current welsh stars.

DRINK, FECK, GIRRRRLLSSS!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024