Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
HTC one M8 issues 09:47 - Jan 15 with 1203 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Last night something seems to have crashed on my phone because it deleted some of my contacts but not others and I can't download any updates for apps. My home screen has disappeared and I can't get into my apps page at all.

The warning "HTC sense has stopped working" keeps flashing up.

Anyone have this or know how to fix it? All help gratefully received as the phone is useless like this.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

HTC one M8 issues on 11:15 - Jan 15 with 1174 viewsowainglyndwr

My son had similar issues he toom it back to the car phones warehouse and they sent it off for repair
HTC one M8 issues on 11:18 - Jan 15 with 1170 viewsTheResurrection

Is your phone's memory up to creaking limits?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

HTC one M8 issues on 12:51 - Jan 15 with 1129 viewsphact0rri

The warning sounds like your launcher is crashing, as I know sense is what they call their version of android, so it could be an error to the launcher. What is causing it to crash I don't know. possibly an app, or a system update would be my guess.

If you can get to the notifications panel and get into settings you can do a factory reset there. If you can't get there you -should- be able to perform a reset in recovery.

If fastboot isn't selected in settings, it should just be a simple action of powering down the phone and then holding the volume rocker down button when you press the power button.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

HTC one M8 issues on 14:16 - Jan 15 with 1095 viewsTheResurrection

HTC one M8 issues on 12:51 - Jan 15 by phact0rri

The warning sounds like your launcher is crashing, as I know sense is what they call their version of android, so it could be an error to the launcher. What is causing it to crash I don't know. possibly an app, or a system update would be my guess.

If you can get to the notifications panel and get into settings you can do a factory reset there. If you can't get there you -should- be able to perform a reset in recovery.

If fastboot isn't selected in settings, it should just be a simple action of powering down the phone and then holding the volume rocker down button when you press the power button.

It's mostly just a memory issue in my experience. It's only got 16gb and that's nothing these days. The phone itself comes with unremovable system app's and functions and these take up most of that.

As soon as this phone gets close to 16gb it does all sorts of strange things, like deleting contacts or wiping data on other app' s completely clean. This normally happens when the battery runs out. You charge it up and it's reset or deleted

An SD card is a must along with keeping the phones memory below at least 15.2gb.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

HTC one M8 issues on 15:13 - Jan 15 with 1078 viewsBrynmill_Jack

HTC one M8 issues on 14:16 - Jan 15 by TheResurrection

It's mostly just a memory issue in my experience. It's only got 16gb and that's nothing these days. The phone itself comes with unremovable system app's and functions and these take up most of that.

As soon as this phone gets close to 16gb it does all sorts of strange things, like deleting contacts or wiping data on other app' s completely clean. This normally happens when the battery runs out. You charge it up and it's reset or deleted

An SD card is a must along with keeping the phones memory below at least 15.2gb.

Cheers boys, I am running low on memory but have a 32 gb stick now. How do you move photos in to it though. Sorry I'm old and thick lol

HTC one M8 issues on 15:24 - Jan 15 with 1076 viewsphact0rri

HTC one M8 issues on 14:16 - Jan 15 by TheResurrection

Yeah, I can see that too. The swap management in Android is so clunky and awful. Its the key reason why performance is always so much crap on the low-end specs. And unfortunately they've worked up their architecture with auto-terminating and hardware memory management to such a level its sort of hard to fix it now.

< / Rant >

HTC one M8 issues on 15:26 - Jan 15 with 1073 viewsphact0rri

HTC one M8 issues on 15:13 - Jan 15 by Brynmill_Jack

Cheers boys, I am running low on memory but have a 32 gb stick now. How do you move photos in to it though. Sorry I'm old and thick lol

You can use the SD card as internal memory, it should be an option in storage section of settings, and it'll manage it automatically. if you want to do it yourself, your gallery might have a move location option. if it doesn't going into DCIM folder with a file explorer, and just selecting and moving them to a folder on the SD card would work.

HTC one M8 issues on 17:47 - Jan 15 with 1044 viewsTheResurrection

HTC one M8 issues on 15:13 - Jan 15 by Brynmill_Jack

Go to Storage and USB and how much does it say is on your "phone's" memory?

I'm guessing it will be close to 16gb?

Click on Phone Storage and scroll to the bottom where you'll see Make More Space

Click that and your phone will scan what's in there

Look for one that has a lot of memory (App's, Gallery etc)

Click that and either delete or move to SD Card

ps how old are you by the way? 93?? ;-)

Login to get fewer ads

HTC one M8 issues on 21:57 - Jan 15 with 998 viewsBrynmill_Jack

HTC one M8 issues on 17:47 - Jan 15 by TheResurrection

Go to Storage and USB and how much does it say is on your "phone's" memory?

I'm guessing it will be close to 16gb?

Click on Phone Storage and scroll to the bottom where you'll see Make More Space

Click that and your phone will scan what's in there

Look for one that has a lot of memory (App's, Gallery etc)

Click that and either delete or move to SD Card

ps how old are you by the way? 93?? ;-)

HTC one M8 issues on 09:19 - Jan 16 with 944 viewsUxbridge

Sounds like the issues I had with the M8. Ended up wiping the entire phone and starting again. Most inconvenient. Second HTC phone I've had and second time it's ended up in similar fashion. Shame really, the hardware is pretty tidy.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

HTC one M8 issues on 17:13 - Jan 16 with 898 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Does ayone know how to retrieve a call history list. The whole lot has disappeared along with the numbers I call the most!

HTC one M8 issues on 17:26 - Jan 16 with 889 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

There are far better phones available for considerably less. 16GB on a phone is ridiculous.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024