Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Two signings to come in the next 48 hours" 16:53 - Jan 16 with 7175 viewsAussieSwan

That's what Clement said after the game on Saturday... so Huw, what's taking you so damn long? It's been over 48 hours now

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

"Two signings to come in the next 48 hours" on 19:28 - Jan 16 with 2752 viewsBorojack

"Two signings to come in the next 48 hours" on 19:22 - Jan 16 by pencoedjack

Of course you are right a YouTube video will get some fans creaming unfortunately I'd imagine the majority have seen Carroll in the flesh and came to their own conclusion

Yes he was no world beater but did ok and we had a far better side 2 years ago.
I have a feeling he will be a better player as well 27 games for Spurs last season is not bad even if most of them were as a sub.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

"Two signings to come in the next 48 hours" on 19:43 - Jan 16 with 2665 viewsraynor94

"Two signings to come in the next 48 hours" on 19:28 - Jan 16 by Borojack

Yes he was no world beater but did ok and we had a far better side 2 years ago.
I have a feeling he will be a better player as well 27 games for Spurs last season is not bad even if most of them were as a sub.

I'm with you Boro, I think he we will be a tidy signing

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

"Two signings to come in the next 48 hours" on 19:59 - Jan 16 with 2560 viewsSmellyplumz

Past giving a shit in fairness, the players coming in are f*ckin gloop anyway.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

"Two signings to come in the next 48 hours" on 20:09 - Jan 16 with 2494 viewspencoedjack

"Two signings to come in the next 48 hours" on 19:43 - Jan 16 by raynor94

I'm with you Boro, I think he we will be a tidy signing

Out of interest Rayns & Boro what midfield are you expecting Carrol to play with ? Holding with Ki with gylfi further forward ?

Pretty poor protection in front of our defence ?
"Two signings to come in the next 48 hours" on 20:11 - Jan 16 with 2473 viewsAngelRangelQS

"Two signings to come in the next 48 hours" on 19:14 - Jan 16 by max936

Carl Jenkinson on his way to Palace, WBA offering Hull 10 mill for Jake Livermore why haven't we tried to get these players Livermore in at DM for us would toughen us up defensively surely, Hull wouldn't agree to selling him though I don't suppose.

The reports on jenkinson coming from West Ham are mixed. You've also got the London factor.

Livermore - why would he come here over wba? Out of the frying pan and into the fire
"Two signings to come in the next 48 hours" on 20:33 - Jan 16 with 2374 viewssP7qupUf

"Two signings to come in the next 48 hours" on 17:22 - Jan 16 by UplandsJack

I'm surprised if that were to be true. Sure I read somewhere the other week S'land were skint and had no money to invest in players during January transfer window unless players left first.... ??

Well, why aren't we looking at the players that Sunderland wish to offload? That's our usual standard. Come on Huw, hurry up or they'll be gone!!
"Two signings to come in the next 48 hours" on 21:28 - Jan 16 with 2166 viewsJacket

"Two signings to come in the next 48 hours" on 18:38 - Jan 16 by PawelAbbott

Carroll has been having a medical for a week. We must have sent him to A&E to get it done

He's probably sat in a que of Ambulances outside the Morriston.
"Two signings to come in the next 48 hours" on 21:52 - Jan 16 with 2054 viewsmax936

"Two signings to come in the next 48 hours" on 20:11 - Jan 16 by AngelRangelQS

The reports on jenkinson coming from West Ham are mixed. You've also got the London factor.

Livermore - why would he come here over wba? Out of the frying pan and into the fire

I said that sort of in fairness, well I said Hull wouldn't sell him to us at present.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

"Two signings to come in the next 48 hours" on 21:59 - Jan 16 with 2029 viewsJango

"Two signings to come in the next 48 hours" on 20:09 - Jan 16 by pencoedjack

Out of interest Rayns & Boro what midfield are you expecting Carrol to play with ? Holding with Ki with gylfi further forward ?

The season we finished 8th we played the majority of the season with Ki and Shelvey in front of the defense.
"Two signings to come in the next 48 hours" on 22:46 - Jan 16 with 1859 viewsraynor94

"Two signings to come in the next 48 hours" on 20:09 - Jan 16 by pencoedjack

He's a vast improvement on Cork, yes I'd I like to see an enforcer alongside him, but can't see it in this window, he's neat and tidy and can pick a pass, what we have been missing. I'm resigned to going down and rebuilding next season he'll be a valuable asset

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

"Two signings to come in the next 48 hours" on 01:36 - Jan 17 with 1652 viewsEbo

These 2 have HJ stamped all over them. So much for the money ball system and Paul Clement is probably pissed off already despite being here a week or so.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

"Two signings to come in the next 48 hours" on 04:37 - Jan 17 with 1571 viewsDewi1jack

"Two signings to come in the next 48 hours" on 18:46 - Jan 16 by pencoedjack

There is no need for any urgency no other PL club will be interested in either

Nor are any Championship clubs.

More's the pity.

A chance to get some tidy players in to survive by topping our mini league and our scouting team fugs it up and gets us players no one else wants or cares about.
Carroll totally underwhelmed me before when we had a good team.
Not sure there is another adjective to describe below underwhelmed

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

"Two signings to come in the next 48 hours" on 06:26 - Jan 17 with 1512 viewsdameedna

Fulton and Carrol should tighten us up.

We have Fer as the enforcer when needed

Id like to see Llorente get involved more ala Wilf.

Cant expect much in January.
"Two signings to come in the next 48 hours" on 06:41 - Jan 17 with 1491 viewskarnataka

"Two signings to come in the next 48 hours" on 21:59 - Jan 16 by Jango

The season we finished 8th we played the majority of the season with Ki and Shelvey in front of the defense.

That was when we had a defence that didn't need as much protection. If we're not going to strengthen our defence then we need decent protection in front of it.
"Two signings to come in the next 48 hours" on 09:20 - Jan 17 with 1305 viewsPawelAbbott

"Two signings to come in the next 48 hours" on 21:59 - Jan 16 by Jango

No we didn't!!!
Britton played the first half of the season. Then we signed Cork in January and he played the rest of the season.
Midfield tended to be Cork, Ki and Shelvey. Sometimes with Gylfi.
"Two signings to come in the next 48 hours" on 09:27 - Jan 17 with 1135 viewsLegend83

"Two signings to come in the next 48 hours" on 22:46 - Jan 16 by raynor94

He's a vast improvement on Cork, yes I'd I like to see an enforcer alongside him, but can't see it in this window, he's neat and tidy and can pick a pass, what we have been missing. I'm resigned to going down and rebuilding next season he'll be a valuable asset

He'll be a vast improvement because if I recall, he doesn't take 10 minutes to get the ball under control, look up and get it out from under his feet to pass, by which time all our other players have been closed down and any chance of relieving pressure is gone.

Moving the ball quickly and accurately is a potent weapon and one we used to excel at. I think signing Carroll will help in trying to achieve that again.
"Two signings to come in the next 48 hours" on 09:32 - Jan 17 with 1117 viewsJango

"Two signings to come in the next 48 hours" on 09:20 - Jan 17 by PawelAbbott

No we didn't!!!
Britton played the first half of the season. Then we signed Cork in January and he played the rest of the season.
Midfield tended to be Cork, Ki and Shelvey. Sometimes with Gylfi.

Well according to the stats Britton started 7 games that season and cork 15. We played a large number of games with just Shelvey and Ki in the middle.
"Two signings to come in the next 48 hours" on 09:46 - Jan 17 with 1070 viewsjasper_T

"Two signings to come in the next 48 hours" on 09:32 - Jan 17 by Jango

Well according to the stats Britton started 7 games that season and cork 15. We played a large number of games with just Shelvey and Ki in the middle.

Swans fans have short memories.

Leon featured so little that season he was set to leave in the summer, and most people were content to see him go.

Shelvey & Ki played together through until the end of December when Ki went off to the Asia cup. Carroll was supposed to step in but got injured, so Fulton started a game against Southampton and was excellent. Cork signed at the end of the month and played alongside Jonjo for the rest of the season, with Ki struggling to get back in (partly down to injuries).
"Two signings to come in the next 48 hours" on 10:35 - Jan 17 with 998 viewsJacket

Is Carroll an improvement on Cork? I think he is. Sometimes I think we signed the wrong Cork, we should have signed his dad - he'd probably still do a better job for us in midfield.
"Two signings to come in the next 48 hours" on 11:02 - Jan 17 with 957 viewsLeonWasGod

"Two signings to come in the next 48 hours" on 09:27 - Jan 17 by Legend83

He'll be a vast improvement because if I recall, he doesn't take 10 minutes to get the ball under control, look up and get it out from under his feet to pass, by which time all our other players have been closed down and any chance of relieving pressure is gone.

Moving the ball quickly and accurately is a potent weapon and one we used to excel at. I think signing Carroll will help in trying to achieve that again.

A tidy footballer, but he's not going to influence the outcome of games in the areas that count. We passed it round just fine in the middle of the park before Arsenal scored on Saturday. It's the quality of play in the first and final thirds that's the problem imo.

Iv'e nothing against Carroll at all (quite liked him when he was here last), but if this is the extent of our ambition it looks like we're preparing for the Championship. I don't think our new signings (and Clement) will be enough, but we have to just keep supporting the team and hope they can find the fight and quality needed to stay up. Well see. Going to be an interesting ride.
"Two signings to come in the next 48 hours" on 11:42 - Jan 17 with 900 viewskarnataka

"Two signings to come in the next 48 hours" on 10:35 - Jan 17 by Jacket

Is Carroll an improvement on Cork? I think he is. Sometimes I think we signed the wrong Cork, we should have signed his dad - he'd probably still do a better job for us in midfield.

I also think he's an upgrade on Cork. Whenever Cork receives the ball, his immediate reaction is is to turn or half turn backwards before assessing his options. That couple of seconds pause can kill an attack stone dead before it's got going. Carroll's first reaction is more likely to be to get the ball forwards quickly because that's what he's done growing up at Spurs. It's got to help.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024