Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
And Carroll Is Signed 16:16 - Jan 17 with 3937 viewsTheKirkyLife

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/2016-17/tom-carroll-joins-swansea-city-f
And Carroll Is Signed on 20:16 - Jan 17 with 1503 viewsraynor94

And Carroll Is Signed on 20:10 - Jan 17 by Jack11

Edited - 'misinterpreted message from my source
[Post edited 17 Jan 2017 20:11]

Source

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

And Carroll Is Signed on 20:22 - Jan 17 with 1474 viewsJango

And Carroll Is Signed on 20:10 - Jan 17 by Jack11

Edited - 'misinterpreted message from my source
[Post edited 17 Jan 2017 20:11]

More like it. I'd take that
And Carroll Is Signed on 20:40 - Jan 17 with 1405 viewsSwansea93

And Carroll Is Signed on 20:05 - Jan 17 by Jack11

I have it on decent authority that Marc Muniesa is coming in on loan with a view to a permanent deal. Also heard that the Kakuta one is bollocks but there is a possibility that we could do something with Bojan on loan alongside the Muniesa deal but that has to be permanent first . Watch this space!
[Post edited 17 Jan 2017 20:08]

If only this happened, Bojan would be an exciting deal.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

And Carroll Is Signed on 20:59 - Jan 17 with 1340 viewsjasfan

Generally I think the group of midfield players available this season has been unbalanced. Few of them are ideally suited to playing the possession game or one-two touch football of a few years ago at a sufficient tempo to trouble other sides. This has caused us problems in gettting the midfield combination right and reduced the type of service to the forwards, including our record signing Borja Baston. Gylfi Siggurdsson, Leroy Fer and Ki Sung Yeung all consider themselves to be No 10 or attacking midfielders. Jack Cork and Leon Britton our two defensive midfielders, with possibly Jay Fulton in this role too. Yet in my opinion none of them are truly effective or consistent at doing the following, which is also vital if we are to put teams on the back foot:

1) dribbling/attacking at pace with the ball like Jonathan DeGuzman or with the trickery of Pablo Hernandez that beats players, puts defences on the retreat or forces them to concede free kicks
2) play clever passes into space or to the feet of attacking players in promising positions
3) make fast runs box to box
4) make hard tackles when required

From what I've seen so far, in his limited time on the pitch for the Swans, I would say that Borja Baston is capable of good movement and making clever runs. In order to have taken advantage of these attributes we would have needed to have had 1) intelligent midfielders and wingers with the technical ability to provide the right pass or service and 2) sufficient control of the game and possession of the ball to have more opportunities to do so. Unfortunately the latter has not been a feature of our game since ML, BR and RM. Let's hope that Tom Carroll can help address both of these issues.
And Carroll Is Signed on 21:05 - Jan 17 with 1317 views34dfgdf54

Welcome Back Tom, as Penc says above, prove me wrong and do the business for us in the middle.
And Carroll Is Signed on 21:12 - Jan 17 with 1292 viewsraynor94

And Carroll Is Signed on 21:05 - Jan 17 by 34dfgdf54

Welcome Back Tom, as Penc says above, prove me wrong and do the business for us in the middle.

All bookmarked

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

And Carroll Is Signed on 21:22 - Jan 17 with 1235 viewsTheKirkyLife

On the Muniesa/Bojan links. Muniesa would be OKAY but hardly the CB reinforcements I'd be hoping for. As for Bojan I'd question where he would fit in? He's a CAM....of which we have two already. Neat player and I'm a big fan but surely someone would be on the way or he fancies a go on the flank?
And Carroll Is Signed on 21:45 - Jan 17 with 1170 viewsAussieSwan

And Carroll Is Signed on 21:22 - Jan 17 by TheKirkyLife

On the Muniesa/Bojan links. Muniesa would be OKAY but hardly the CB reinforcements I'd be hoping for. As for Bojan I'd question where he would fit in? He's a CAM....of which we have two already. Neat player and I'm a big fan but surely someone would be on the way or he fancies a go on the flank?

can Bojan be played wide? I have never really watched Stoke too closely, but I thought Arnautovic sometimes played central and then Bojan/Afellay were used as the wide men.

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Login to get fewer ads

And Carroll Is Signed on 22:06 - Jan 17 with 1111 viewsTheResurrection

And Carroll Is Signed on 20:59 - Jan 17 by jasfan

Generally I think the group of midfield players available this season has been unbalanced. Few of them are ideally suited to playing the possession game or one-two touch football of a few years ago at a sufficient tempo to trouble other sides. This has caused us problems in gettting the midfield combination right and reduced the type of service to the forwards, including our record signing Borja Baston. Gylfi Siggurdsson, Leroy Fer and Ki Sung Yeung all consider themselves to be No 10 or attacking midfielders. Jack Cork and Leon Britton our two defensive midfielders, with possibly Jay Fulton in this role too. Yet in my opinion none of them are truly effective or consistent at doing the following, which is also vital if we are to put teams on the back foot:

1) dribbling/attacking at pace with the ball like Jonathan DeGuzman or with the trickery of Pablo Hernandez that beats players, puts defences on the retreat or forces them to concede free kicks
2) play clever passes into space or to the feet of attacking players in promising positions
3) make fast runs box to box
4) make hard tackles when required

From what I've seen so far, in his limited time on the pitch for the Swans, I would say that Borja Baston is capable of good movement and making clever runs. In order to have taken advantage of these attributes we would have needed to have had 1) intelligent midfielders and wingers with the technical ability to provide the right pass or service and 2) sufficient control of the game and possession of the ball to have more opportunities to do so. Unfortunately the latter has not been a feature of our game since ML, BR and RM. Let's hope that Tom Carroll can help address both of these issues.

Borja isn't strong enough by a long chalk. Unless he's going to learn to ride a challenge and come out with the ball i.e. the basics, he's not going to cut it here.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

And Carroll Is Signed on 22:38 - Jan 17 with 1019 viewsjasfan

And Carroll Is Signed on 22:06 - Jan 17 by TheResurrection

Borja isn't strong enough by a long chalk. Unless he's going to learn to ride a challenge and come out with the ball i.e. the basics, he's not going to cut it here.

I would add that so far BB has also shown that he cannot contribute effectively in other ways such as holding the ball up and then linking play, heading the ball, using trickery or pace to beat a man or even score goals in this League. The lack of quality in midfield makes it all the more baffling as to why we signed a striker in the summer with such limited aspects to his game, that appear unsuited to Premier League football. Very much in the mould of Roberto Soldado.

However as a striker in La Liga he is probably used to playing with midfielders and wingers who are technically gifted and/or excellent passers of the ball. If he's staying we have to hope that Tom Carroll and Lucianio Narsingh can provide the kind of service that he Is more used to.
And Carroll Is Signed on 02:32 - Jan 18 with 863 viewsPBJxxx

Awful touch but the pass flow looks nice.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024