Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lincoln 20:46 - Jan 17 with 4558 viewspencoedjack

Did we get relegated there in Doug Sharpe days or was it York ?

Remember Dougie going on all the buses after the game can't remember which ground though
Lincoln on 20:52 - Jan 17 with 3112 viewsPrivate_Partz

Making a fist of it against Ipswich. Very professional and organised although there is one hell of a belly on Rhead. :-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Lincoln on 20:57 - Jan 17 with 3084 viewsBanosswan

Lincoln on 20:52 - Jan 17 by Private_Partz

Making a fist of it against Ipswich. Very professional and organised although there is one hell of a belly on Rhead. :-)

Type of target man we need...

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Lincoln on 21:00 - Jan 17 with 3071 viewsmorningstar

Didn't we relegate them to the conference on the last game of the season in 87? The year we won the play offs at Torquay?

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Lincoln on 21:05 - Jan 17 with 3050 viewspencoedjack

Lincoln on 21:00 - Jan 17 by morningstar

Didn't we relegate them to the conference on the last game of the season in 87? The year we won the play offs at Torquay?

We definitely got relegated the game I'm thinking of I'm pretty sure it was Lincoln
Lincoln on 21:06 - Jan 17 with 3043 viewsSgorioFruit

Me and Mrs SgorioFruit are going to the Lincoln v Dover game this Friday night.

If anyone was wondering what SgorioFruit gets up to in his spare time.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Lincoln on 21:08 - Jan 17 with 3029 viewsPegojack

Lincoln on 21:06 - Jan 17 by SgorioFruit

Me and Mrs SgorioFruit are going to the Lincoln v Dover game this Friday night.

If anyone was wondering what SgorioFruit gets up to in his spare time.

You certainly know how to show a girl a good time, fair play.
Lincoln (n/t) on 21:08 - Jan 17 with 3027 viewsmorningstar

Lincoln on 21:05 - Jan 17 by pencoedjack

We definitely got relegated the game I'm thinking of I'm pretty sure it was Lincoln

You're wrong, we were relegated at York the year before, 3rd May 86. We went up the following year via the play offs, and as i said relegated Lincoln to the conference.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2017 21:11]

Lincoln on 21:10 - Jan 17 with 3014 viewssomersetsimon

I think we were relegated once by losing at home to Lincoln. I'm sure I remember a horribly deflected cross from the right wing finishing us off. Mid 80's?
Login to get fewer ads

Lincoln on 21:14 - Jan 17 with 2993 viewsBorojack

Yes we did relegate Lincoln but I think we got promoted at Torquay the following season we beat Rotterdam in the semi final they dropped down from the 3rd.
The same season Boro went up to the first division sending Chelsea down at Stamford Bridge where there was a riot in the ground after a few of my mates in work remember it well.
Happy days would be great to see them drop again.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Lincoln (n/t) on 21:14 - Jan 17 with 2991 viewspencoedjack

Lincoln (n/t) on 21:08 - Jan 17 by morningstar

You're wrong, we were relegated at York the year before, 3rd May 86. We went up the following year via the play offs, and as i said relegated Lincoln to the conference.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2017 21:11]

Cheers fella l knew it was one or other
Lincoln on 21:18 - Jan 17 with 2966 viewsBorojack

Lincoln on 21:14 - Jan 17 by Borojack

Yes we did relegate Lincoln but I think we got promoted at Torquay the following season we beat Rotterdam in the semi final they dropped down from the 3rd.
The same season Boro went up to the first division sending Chelsea down at Stamford Bridge where there was a riot in the ground after a few of my mates in work remember it well.

Rotherham don't think we ever played Rotterdam

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Lincoln on 21:19 - Jan 17 with 2955 viewsmorningstar

Lincoln on 21:14 - Jan 17 by Borojack

Checked the results that year (87) we relegated Lincoln and won the Play offs. Weird one as with two games left of the season we were 5 points behind Wolves for the last play off spot. They lost their last 2 games whilst we won ours!

Lincoln on 21:21 - Jan 17 with 2942 viewsBanosswan

Lincoln on 21:18 - Jan 17 by Borojack

Rotherham don't think we ever played Rotterdam

Our youngsters beat them earlier this season

http://mobile.swanseacity.net//news/article/2016-17/preview-swans-u23s-v-feyenoo

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.

Lincoln on 21:49 - Jan 17 with 2864 viewsraynor94

Ipswich are absolutely awful

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Lincoln on 21:55 - Jan 17 with 2848 viewsBanosswan

Lincoln on 21:49 - Jan 17 by raynor94

Ipswich are absolutely awful

What a goal!

Lincoln on 21:58 - Jan 17 with 2838 viewsmax936

Lincoln on 21:55 - Jan 17 by Banosswan

What a goal!

Excellent goal and what a pass for the goal.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Lincoln on 22:01 - Jan 17 with 2818 viewsPrivate_Partz

Lincoln on 21:55 - Jan 17 by Banosswan

What a goal!

That's what the cup is all about. They will talk about that one for years. Well done to them.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Lincoln on 22:04 - Jan 17 with 2799 viewsNeathJack

Lincoln on 21:19 - Jan 17 by morningstar

Checked the results that year (87) we relegated Lincoln and won the Play offs. Weird one as with two games left of the season we were 5 points behind Wolves for the last play off spot. They lost their last 2 games whilst we won ours!

We relegated Lincoln in '87 and won the play offs the following year in '88 after beating Darlington 3-0 at the Vetch in the last game of the season to sneak in the play offs ahead of Orient.
Lincoln on 22:05 - Jan 17 with 2785 viewsBanosswan

Plus the Graham Taylor connection. Weird.

Lincoln on 22:06 - Jan 17 with 2773 viewsMatlock_Jack

My recollection is that we beat and sent them down, 2-0 on the last day of 1986-87 and then went up the following season. We were well placed for a promotion push in 1986-87, until we lost Dudley.

They actually thumped us 4-0 in the reverse fixture, earlier that season; a guy called Lund got a hat trick.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2017 22:12]
Lincoln on 22:08 - Jan 17 with 2760 viewsFieryJack

Went away to Lincoln once in the 90s. Can remember a mob of Port Talbot Jacks turning up with a blow-up doll & it being tossed about in the air during the game. This mob were slating our striker all through the match (that Cardiff thug, Dai Thomas?), and he came right over to the touch line & threatened them.

Lost 2-1, I think.

When you lose away at places like that you always end up traipsing away from the ground thinking "What the effing hell am I doing here?"

The pre-match trip to the cathedral was ok ☹️
Lincoln on 22:11 - Jan 17 with 2741 viewsmorningstar

Lincoln on 22:04 - Jan 17 by NeathJack

We relegated Lincoln in '87 and won the play offs the following year in '88 after beating Darlington 3-0 at the Vetch in the last game of the season to sneak in the play offs ahead of Orient.

That's the one! We relegated Darlington that day as well. It was Orient who were 5 points clear with 2 games left and they lost at home to Wolves 0-2 on the last day!

Lincoln on 22:14 - Jan 17 with 2720 viewsdickythorpe

Lincoln on 22:06 - Jan 17 by Matlock_Jack

My recollection is that we beat and sent them down, 2-0 on the last day of 1986-87 and then went up the following season. We were well placed for a promotion push in 1986-87, until we lost Dudley.

They actually thumped us 4-0 in the reverse fixture, earlier that season; a guy called Lund got a hat trick.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2017 22:12]

We won 3 nil. Tommy Hutchison even scored but we did all we could to not score in that game....we should have won 34 nil!!!
Lincoln on 22:15 - Jan 17 with 2721 viewsNeathJack

Lincoln on 22:11 - Jan 17 by morningstar

That's the one! We relegated Darlington that day as well. It was Orient who were 5 points clear with 2 games left and they lost at home to Wolves 0-2 on the last day!

Close.

Darlington didn't go down that season, Newport did.

Darlo did play their last game in the league of a relegation season at the Vetch in the late '90s though.
Lincoln on 22:20 - Jan 17 with 2698 viewsMatlock_Jack

Lincoln on 22:14 - Jan 17 by dickythorpe

We won 3 nil. Tommy Hutchison even scored but we did all we could to not score in that game....we should have won 34 nil!!!

Just checked the two results that season. We lost 4-0 at Sincil Bank and won 2-0 at the Vetch.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024