Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In a nutshell 20:53 - Jan 22 with 2157 viewsSwanjaxs

Push the boat out and recruit a quality centre half (probably on loan) and stay up.... fail to do so and the writing is on the wall .... it's that simple.... 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

In a nutshell on 20:55 - Jan 22 with 2138 viewsjojaca

I prefer to have a proper defensive midfielder.

Even when you know, you never know?

In a nutshell on 21:06 - Jan 22 with 2076 viewsswanjackal

In a nutshell on 20:55 - Jan 22 by jojaca

I agree, we don't have that player who can stay and break up play, but is neat and tidy in his work also now Britton is fading out..

I have always seen someone like Bridcutt as a natural fit for us and the natural successor for the Britton role. Wasn't given much of a chance at Sunderland, and interesting to see how well he plays in a Leeds team.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

In a nutshell on 21:13 - Jan 22 with 2032 viewsSwanjaxs

Good point but without a leader (someone to take charge) at the back we are going to concede soft goals every game.... not fussed if it's Mawson or Fernández to partner but we must get an experienced hard nosed stopper in at all costs

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

In a nutshell on 01:38 - Jan 23 with 1807 viewsDyfnant

This.
Judge all our centre backs under competent management, with a half decent midfield in front of them.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

In a nutshell on 03:51 - Jan 23 with 1756 viewsDewi1jack

In a nutshell on 01:38 - Jan 23 by Dyfnant

This.
Judge all our centre backs under competent management, with a half decent midfield in front of them.

If we're going to bring in just one more player (assuming Beaky is still advising the Merrycans, also assuming the worst) then I'd go for a tidy RB.
Think we'd be okish in the rest of the positions.
Saying that, IMHO we need 3- RB, CB and a DM- loans of hungry youngish reserve 1st team Barca, PSG or Bayern players will do (hint!!)

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

In a nutshell on 09:33 - Jan 23 with 1549 viewsSheffieldjack

In a nutshell on 03:51 - Jan 23 by Dewi1jack

If we're going to bring in just one more player (assuming Beaky is still advising the Merrycans, also assuming the worst) then I'd go for a tidy RB.
Think we'd be okish in the rest of the positions.
Saying that, IMHO we need 3- RB, CB and a DM- loans of hungry youngish reserve 1st team Barca, PSG or Bayern players will do (hint!!)

Your honest opinion is bang on and those positions in the team should have been addressed before the season started.
In a nutshell on 10:09 - Jan 23 with 1485 viewsWarwickHunt

In a nutshell on 01:38 - Jan 23 by Dyfnant

This.

...and a competent full back to their right.
In a nutshell on 10:22 - Jan 23 with 1451 viewsnantywatcher

Put the cheque book away, close ranks, work hard on the training ground and we'll be ok. I believe we might well have a manager who will get his message across to the players and prove to the experts on here that Naughton,Fab, Fer, and Mr Cork ARE NOT sh#t.
Login to get fewer ads

In a nutshell on 10:38 - Jan 23 with 1394 viewsPegojack

In a nutshell on 10:22 - Jan 23 by nantywatcher

Put the cheque book away, close ranks, work hard on the training ground and we'll be ok. I believe we might well have a manager who will get his message across to the players and prove to the experts on here that Naughton,Fab, Fer, and Mr Cork ARE NOT sh#t.

I tend to agree with you, but I hope Clement will be pointing out to Naughton that he needs to be much more aggressive with his winger - don't stand off and allow crosses to come in, get right up in his face and force him to think about keeping possession of the ball first and foremost, not trying to cross.

I know you risk having the ball pushed past you and the winger leaving you for dead in those circumstances, but anything's better than standing five to ten yards off and waving an ineffectual leg in the air as the cross is whizzing past you. As he did for Liverpool's first goal on Saturday.
In a nutshell on 11:25 - Jan 23 with 1329 viewsUxbridge

Tend to think we could do with another CB. I like Amat but he had his chance this season and he didn't take it. He's still young so maybe a loan move would be good, but it's an area we can definitely strengthen in.

Just like up front, the problem has never been just with the defence though. We've been poor in defending and attacking as a team. Major signs of improvement on both sides last weekend.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

In a nutshell on 11:26 - Jan 23 with 1326 viewsBloodyhills

Agree with most of above, need a good defensive midfielder first but would be greedy and want a CB too.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

In a nutshell on 11:38 - Jan 23 with 1296 viewsDyfnant

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/timothy-fosu-mensah/profil/spieler/315131#ath
Sign this guy for defensive midfield, they'd leave him out on loan if not permanent

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

In a nutshell on 12:47 - Jan 23 with 1240 viewsnantywatcher

In a nutshell on 10:38 - Jan 23 by Pegojack

I tend to agree with you, but I hope Clement will be pointing out to Naughton that he needs to be much more aggressive with his winger - don't stand off and allow crosses to come in, get right up in his face and force him to think about keeping possession of the ball first and foremost, not trying to cross.

I know you risk having the ball pushed past you and the winger leaving you for dead in those circumstances, but anything's better than standing five to ten yards off and waving an ineffectual leg in the air as the cross is whizzing past you. As he did for Liverpool's first goal on Saturday.

I genuinely believe that was PC's plan to leave plenty of space on either wing and encourage Liverpool to play long balls into the box, rather than play their natural game of walking the ball into the area. Olssen left even more available space than Naughton. If you watch Llorent'e TV interview he says basically that - we played a narrow game focussing on defending the middle of the pitch. Hopefully all the other top 8 teams we have to meet would have missed that comment.
In a nutshell on 12:55 - Jan 23 with 1210 viewsSospan_Fach

In a nutshell on 11:38 - Jan 23 by Dyfnant

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/timothy-fosu-mensah/profil/spieler/315131#ath
Sign this guy for defensive midfield, they'd leave him out on loan if not permanent

Definitely agree with getting him. He played as a CB for the United youth team and was excellent, and is played as a FB in the Prem. He would be an upgrade for us in either of those positions.
In a nutshell on 12:57 - Jan 23 with 1200 viewsSospan_Fach

Agreed we need a CB. Jagielka is leaving Everton with Sunderland interested. He is quality and a leader, just what we need.
In a nutshell on 14:24 - Jan 23 with 1127 viewsPegojack

In a nutshell on 12:47 - Jan 23 by nantywatcher

I genuinely believe that was PC's plan to leave plenty of space on either wing and encourage Liverpool to play long balls into the box, rather than play their natural game of walking the ball into the area. Olssen left even more available space than Naughton. If you watch Llorent'e TV interview he says basically that - we played a narrow game focussing on defending the middle of the pitch. Hopefully all the other top 8 teams we have to meet would have missed that comment.

You may be right, but if that is the case, we need to think again. Both Liverpool's goals came from crosses, and they missed two or three other very good chances over the bar from crosses.
In a nutshell on 14:38 - Jan 23 with 1085 viewsicecoldjack

I thought clements work on the team and how tight its shape was kinda proved we arn't desperate for a defensive midfielder as much as a top centre half.

Our shape was very good against Liverpool forcing them to go wide and cross in, Naughton failed to get tight on a few occasions and our centre halves while overall played well were iffy at times .

I think a top quality defender that has some street smarts will mean us making a real go of staying up.
I thought Carroll,Cork,Fer,Routs and Siggy all worked well together , nice to see a player making runs beyond his man and the player in front, Carroll was superb in this.

If i had a choice i'd go for a top centre half over a defensive midfielder any day. Most of our goals are conceeded from crosses into the box and set piece play so there's an indicator right there of where we're weakest.
Very proud of all players on Saturday though. They were all superb,shows what a good coach can do, gauling that Bobs 12 games may still see us relegated,especially our goal difference.
In a nutshell on 14:40 - Jan 23 with 1075 viewswaynekerr55

In a nutshell on 14:38 - Jan 23 by icecoldjack

I thought clements work on the team and how tight its shape was kinda proved we arn't desperate for a defensive midfielder as much as a top centre half.

Our shape was very good against Liverpool forcing them to go wide and cross in, Naughton failed to get tight on a few occasions and our centre halves while overall played well were iffy at times .

I think a top quality defender that has some street smarts will mean us making a real go of staying up.
I thought Carroll,Cork,Fer,Routs and Siggy all worked well together , nice to see a player making runs beyond his man and the player in front, Carroll was superb in this.

If i had a choice i'd go for a top centre half over a defensive midfielder any day. Most of our goals are conceeded from crosses into the box and set piece play so there's an indicator right there of where we're weakest.
Very proud of all players on Saturday though. They were all superb,shows what a good coach can do, gauling that Bobs 12 games may still see us relegated,especially our goal difference.

How true.

We'll probably end up with Matthew Bates or someone else that our useless recruitment team lead by Jenkins the clown...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

In a nutshell on 23:49 - Jan 23 with 937 viewsKingBony

I'd back up the RB only required if only one more signing to come in. KN / AR are going to cost us more goals imo.

Naughton just doesn't make it difficult enough for opposing wingers and he backs off like a little fecking scarab beetle. I swear to god he'd go all the way back to the goal line if necessary rather than try to tackle.

Love AR to bits but he's going to get skinned week in, week out by a quality winger. I'd still play him ahead of KN though, especially if dyer/routledge in front of him just for his build up play.

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

In a nutshell on 08:12 - Jan 24 with 792 viewsClinton

I see this centre half issue as a big red herring. You'd have to spend a lot of money to find a better centre back than Alfie or Fede. Even if there is one currently available.
Jagielka ? Not sure its worth pushing out the boat for him.
I'm confident that Clement will identify any additional resources he needs for the tactics he intends to deploy.
We are suffering at RB, coach Kyle to get closer in the first place.

Off topic: this brings up an interesting parallel for me. Defenders often back off Barrow once he's been past them twice. When they back right offf why doesn't he cross it rather than trying to take the ball up to them and try to beat them in the box?

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

In a nutshell on 09:31 - Jan 24 with 736 viewsLegend83

In a nutshell on 08:12 - Jan 24 by Clinton

I see this centre half issue as a big red herring. You'd have to spend a lot of money to find a better centre back than Alfie or Fede. Even if there is one currently available.
Jagielka ? Not sure its worth pushing out the boat for him.
I'm confident that Clement will identify any additional resources he needs for the tactics he intends to deploy.
We are suffering at RB, coach Kyle to get closer in the first place.

Off topic: this brings up an interesting parallel for me. Defenders often back off Barrow once he's been past them twice. When they back right offf why doesn't he cross it rather than trying to take the ball up to them and try to beat them in the box?

Because he's thick as mince.
In a nutshell on 11:59 - Jan 24 with 682 viewsAussieSwan

If we're after a CB, who could we get? Ranocchia?

Doesn't seem to be many centre-halfs linked with a move anywhere this window

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024