Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best Seats at a Football Match - Behind goals or Top Tier? 15:09 - Jan 24 with 3027 viewsAussieSwan

Hi guys, looking at getting tickets to a Bayern Munich game at the Allianz Arena.

Just wondering whether - in general - you think it is better to watch a football match from seats in the top tier, or in the very bottom tier (which is a standing area) behind the penalty area? Given that tickets in the mid-tiers are a lot pricier (I'm using resale sites) this isn't an option for me unfortunately, so it's down to the other two options.

I would be going solo and this would be my first German football match. I've heard the atmosphere at these games are amazing.

Responses would be much appreciated; thanks in advance!!
[Post edited 24 Jan 2017 17:05]

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Best Seats at a Football Match - Behind goals or Top Tier? on 16:14 - Jan 24 with 2963 viewsJackieMoon

If you want a better view, be able to see the whole pitch then the top tier is best.

If you want to enjoy the atmosphere and be amongst all the singing then go in the standing section.
Best Seats at a Football Match - Behind goals or Top Tier? on 16:31 - Jan 24 with 2936 viewsJackSkellington

There's a certain excitement about being down by the pitch when you can clearly see the players up close and personal, and if your team score at your end it's amazing, but the problem is there can be long portions of the game where you feel like all the action is somewhere else and you can struggle to see exactly what's going on.

If you want the experience to be more like how you see a game on TV so you can watch how the patterns of play develop and get a good overview, go top tier. I've had good experiences of both but if I was going as a neutral I'd go higher up for the whole overview.
Best Seats at a Football Match - Behind goals or Top Tier? on 16:41 - Jan 24 with 2913 viewsCooperman

I much prefer to view a game from a height than at pitch level. I also don't mind being up in a corner. However I've not stood within a standing area for many years so would envisage that a standing area (even safe standing) behind the goals has a degree of novelty factor.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Best Seats at a Football Match - Behind goals or Top Tier? on 16:51 - Jan 24 with 2900 viewsOldjack

Halfway line, halfway up is perfect

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Best Seats at a Football Match - Behind goals or Top Tier? on 17:05 - Jan 24 with 2872 viewspencoedjack

Thinly veiled I'm going to watch Bayern and thought I'd let you know
Best Seats at a Football Match - Behind goals or Top Tier? on 17:26 - Jan 24 with 2835 viewsWhiterockin

Best Seats at a Football Match - Behind goals or Top Tier? on 17:05 - Jan 24 by pencoedjack

Thinly veiled I'm going to watch Bayern and thought I'd let you know

I wouldn't bother now their assistant manager has left.
Best Seats at a Football Match - Behind goals or Top Tier? on 19:37 - Jan 24 with 2752 viewsAussieSwan

Best Seats at a Football Match - Behind goals or Top Tier? on 17:26 - Jan 24 by Whiterockin

I wouldn't bother now their assistant manager has left.

probably why people are selling bottom tier tickets for 25 quid!

Best Seats at a Football Match - Behind goals or Top Tier? on 19:41 - Jan 24 with 2744 viewsAussieSwan

Thanks for replying everybody! Ended up opting for the standing area as I managed to get one for slightly cheaper than the top tiers, plus the atmosphere is meant to be crazy. Hopefully get a couple of goals up my end

I'm a neutral but it's a Bayern Munich game end of the day so it should be a great spectacle, very much looking forward to it

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024