Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pablo Insua 06:03 - Jan 31 with 6865 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Marca is saying that we have agreed a deal to loan him in for a loan fee of €1m. He's a 23 year old centre half currently playing for the newly promoted and 17th placed Leganes, on loan from Deportivo:

http://www.marca.com/futbol/leganes/2017/01/30/588f8209e5fdea43588b462a.html

Not unlike many of our targets, this one is quite puzzling. Insua is a lad with hardly any top flight experience (to date he's only had 29 starts in the top flight) and was relegated before with Deportivo in 2013. We need someone decent and proven, not a young prospect who is FAR from ready to being thrown in the deep end. Did we not already make this mistake when we signed Alfie Mawson?

It looks like Jenkins is merely going with the dirt cheap option yet again, this time to appease the hoards of fans screaming for a centre back.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2017 14:09]

Come on you Swans.

Pablo Insua on 13:50 - Jan 31 with 1364 viewspremierjack

Pablo Insua on 12:06 - Jan 31 by MyFinalHeaven

Oh please.

What's there to be happy about? If this signing does indeed happen, we'll be signing a kid with hardly no top flight experience who has plied his trade almost exclusively in the lower leagues. We should stick with what we have or promote a guy our U23s than putting this lad on the wage bill. The last thing we need is another useless mannequin of a centre half earning a salary from us.

If we are sitting comfortably in the midtable and in no danger of being relegated I might be for this, but with the position we're in, now is NOT the time to be wasting money and rolling the dice on random youngsters that no one else wants.

And what makes you think this is a Clement signing? There's literally no indication to suggest this. Not only that, but we've signed 4 players so far in this window--Carroll, Olsson, Narsingh, and Ayew--and all of them were targets long before Clement was ever appointed manager. In all likelihood this one falls under the Jenkins/Leadbeater banner like the other 4.

You are one of the 'fans' I was talking about.
Pablo Insua on 14:02 - Jan 31 with 1266 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Pablo Insua on 13:50 - Jan 31 by premierjack

You are one of the 'fans' I was talking about.

What a great job you did debating my points and refuting my arguments. You deserve a round of applause.

Funny (and sad) how people like you have to resort to ad hominems when you can't disprove the truth.

Come on you Swans.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024