Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Moorside 22:05 - Feb 7 with 1686 viewsmax936

Anyone watch it, if yes what you think?
Unbelievable the things that some people will do, shocking.

Fair play to that girl Julie who organised things in support of the family and community, I wonder how she felt after it all came out.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Moorside on 22:13 - Feb 7 with 1664 viewsexiledclaseboy

Enjoyed it. Sheridan Smith was excellent, as she usually is.

Poll: Tory leader

The Moorside on 22:16 - Feb 7 with 1649 viewspikeypaul

The police operation cost £2.6 million what a waste.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

The Moorside on 22:19 - Feb 7 with 1644 viewsFieryJack

Not shocking really. The mother came from some goddamawful background herself.

All a bit like "Shameless" .

Too many effed up people on estates all over the land.

I blame the totally inequitable society we live in, & years of Tory misrule.

Wouldn't have happened in Norway.
The Moorside on 22:39 - Feb 7 with 1612 viewspikeypaul

"Years of Tory misrule"

Labour had been in power for the 11 years prior to this case.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2017 22:41]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

The Moorside on 22:42 - Feb 7 with 1605 viewsmax936

The Moorside on 22:19 - Feb 7 by FieryJack

Not shocking really. The mother came from some goddamawful background herself.

All a bit like "Shameless" .

Too many effed up people on estates all over the land.

I blame the totally inequitable society we live in, & years of Tory misrule.

Wouldn't have happened in Norway.

Can't disagree with most of that, except to say I know nothing of Norway and Labour ain't helped the cause of the working man over the last decade or so either.

The Moorside on 22:43 - Feb 7 with 1602 viewsmax936

The Moorside on 22:13 - Feb 7 by exiledclaseboy

Enjoyed it. Sheridan Smith was excellent, as she usually is.

She was indeed.

The Moorside on 22:53 - Feb 7 with 1584 viewsjacabertawe

The Moorside on 22:43 - Feb 7 by max936

She was indeed.

I'm a fan of Smith. She even proved herself a better singer (granted it would not take much doing) than Cilla Black, when portraying her.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

The Moorside on 15:50 - Feb 8 with 1420 viewstrampie

It should not have been made for at least another 10 years for the victims state of mind [regardless if she had any input or not].
[Post edited 8 Feb 2017 15:51]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Login to get fewer ads

The Moorside on 16:37 - Feb 8 with 1368 viewsjohnlangy

Not yet but definitely will. As has been said, Sheridan Smith is excellent in everything she does.
The Moorside on 19:15 - Feb 8 with 1293 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Moorside on 15:50 - Feb 8 by trampie

It should not have been made for at least another 10 years for the victims state of mind [regardless if she had any input or not].
[Post edited 8 Feb 2017 15:51]

I have some sympathy with this view. Shannon is still only, what, 18? Her grandparents were particularly unhappy about it. It was very well and sympathetically done though, and wasn't at all sensationalised. Next week's, which should concentrate on the aftermath of the truth coming out, should be interesting.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2017 19:18]

The Moorside on 19:27 - Feb 8 with 1269 viewstrampie

The Moorside on 19:15 - Feb 8 by exiledclaseboy

I have some sympathy with this view. Shannon is still only, what, 18? Her grandparents were particularly unhappy about it. It was very well and sympathetically done though, and wasn't at all sensationalised. Next week's, which should concentrate on the aftermath of the truth coming out, should be interesting.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2017 19:18]

I refuse to watch it because the young girl is only about 18 now, even if she was given money or gave her permission or whatever I think its distasteful and that actress that is getting plaudits should have refused the role and I will have no looks on that actress from now on, if the victim was not approached its even more bad but either way its distasteful, I have not read into it because its distasteful so don't know who has or hasn't given permission or why it was made when the victim is still only about 18 year old, PS exiledclaseboy as I'm sure you realise I have not heard of anyone else with my view as I've read Porthcawl about it and am very much my own man with my own views, are you aware of anyone else saying the same thing apart from me ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

The Moorside on 19:32 - Feb 8 with 1262 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Moorside on 19:27 - Feb 8 by trampie

I refuse to watch it because the young girl is only about 18 now, even if she was given money or gave her permission or whatever I think its distasteful and that actress that is getting plaudits should have refused the role and I will have no looks on that actress from now on, if the victim was not approached its even more bad but either way its distasteful, I have not read into it because its distasteful so don't know who has or hasn't given permission or why it was made when the victim is still only about 18 year old, PS exiledclaseboy as I'm sure you realise I have not heard of anyone else with my view as I've read Porthcawl about it and am very much my own man with my own views, are you aware of anyone else saying the same thing apart from me ?

I heard a report on Radio 5 the other day which said that the grandparents were unhappy about it but that's it. As I said, I have sympathy with the view you've expressed but having watched the show my own misgivings were assuaged. I dont know how involved the girl was or whether she was consulted or paid.

The Moorside on 19:39 - Feb 8 with 1246 viewstrampie

The Moorside on 19:32 - Feb 8 by exiledclaseboy

I heard a report on Radio 5 the other day which said that the grandparents were unhappy about it but that's it. As I said, I have sympathy with the view you've expressed but having watched the show my own misgivings were assuaged. I dont know how involved the girl was or whether she was consulted or paid.

Oh right, the grandparents unhappy hey.

The Moorside on 19:40 - Feb 8 with 1245 viewssiralan

The grand parents were on the radio 2 Jeremy vine show today at 1:50.

They said it did not happen the way the show portraided,when asked to be specific
all they could say was the woman would not have asked the policeman to make her son
food.

It was cringeworthy listening to the halfwits,Vine was lost for words.

It's on Iplayer radio take a listen.
The Moorside on 19:42 - Feb 8 with 1232 viewsBournedore

Lots of people giving Sheridan smith plaudits and rightly so, but I thought Gemma Whelan was incredible as Karen Matthews.
The Moorside on 19:44 - Feb 8 with 1229 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Moorside on 19:42 - Feb 8 by Bournedore

Lots of people giving Sheridan smith plaudits and rightly so, but I thought Gemma Whelan was incredible as Karen Matthews.

Agreed.

The Moorside on 19:44 - Feb 8 with 1228 viewsDarran

The Moorside on 19:32 - Feb 8 by exiledclaseboy

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/feb/08/bbc-admits-real-life-characters-

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Moorside on 19:49 - Feb 8 with 1216 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Moorside on 19:40 - Feb 8 by siralan

The grand parents were on the radio 2 Jeremy vine show today at 1:50.

They said it did not happen the way the show portraided,when asked to be specific
all they could say was the woman would not have asked the policeman to make her son
food.

It was cringeworthy listening to the halfwits,Vine was lost for words.

It's on Iplayer radio take a listen.

It's hardly a surprise that they aren't the most articulate of people given their backgrounds. "Halfwit" is a bit harsh.

The Moorside on 20:00 - Feb 8 with 1187 viewssiralan

The Moorside on 19:49 - Feb 8 by exiledclaseboy

It's hardly a surprise that they aren't the most articulate of people given their backgrounds. "Halfwit" is a bit harsh.

Nothing to do with being articulate it was their reason they were not happy with the show.
Saying the women Smith played would not have asked the copper to make her son food,which was a total irrelevant part of the show and nothing to do with the case or the people involved.For someone to go on national radio and say that was mind boggling

Listen to it on Iplayer.
The Moorside on 22:30 - Feb 9 with 1006 viewsDarran

The Mail is good for some things,fuçk her new life.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4207836/Pictured-Karen-Matthews-amid-row

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Moorside on 02:56 - Feb 10 with 957 viewsSoberBaker

The Moorside on 22:30 - Feb 9 by Darran

The Mail is good for some things,fuçk her new life.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4207836/Pictured-Karen-Matthews-amid-row

"Producer Jeff Pope admitted he had not contacted the family"

Any relation to 'our' Mal?

AMOW

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024