Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nathan Dyer 19:48 - Feb 12 with 5431 viewsJackfath

Is he ok? Shame he went off. It got me thinking, if he scored would he have celebrated?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Nathan Dyer on 19:50 - Feb 12 with 3831 viewsdickythorpe

Achilles problem. He's having a scan tomorrow morning.
Could be career threatening.
Nathan Dyer on 19:51 - Feb 12 with 3817 viewsSwansNZ

To my untrained eye, I’d say it was a bad injury.

What if he had scored 2 and we had a penalty - would he have been desperate to take it off Gylfi?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Nathan Dyer on 19:52 - Feb 12 with 3798 viewsdickythorpe

Nathan Dyer on 19:51 - Feb 12 by SwansNZ

To my untrained eye, I’d say it was a bad injury.

What if he had scored 2 and we had a penalty - would he have been desperate to take it off Gylfi?

Almost 4 years ago!!!
Nathan Dyer on 19:53 - Feb 12 with 3788 viewsSwansNZ

Nathan Dyer on 19:52 - Feb 12 by dickythorpe

Almost 4 years ago!!!

ah, those were the days my friend.

Nathan Dyer on 19:54 - Feb 12 with 3762 viewsperchrockjack

Why was he walked off the pitch .

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Nathan Dyer on 19:55 - Feb 12 with 3741 viewsSwansNZ

Nathan Dyer on 19:54 - Feb 12 by perchrockjack

Because he couldn't run

Nathan Dyer on 19:56 - Feb 12 with 3723 viewsJackfath

Nathan Dyer on 19:54 - Feb 12 by perchrockjack

Correct. We need to invest in one of those converted golf cart ambulance people mover vehicles.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Nathan Dyer on 19:56 - Feb 12 with 3710 viewsunion_jack

Nathan Dyer on 19:50 - Feb 12 by dickythorpe

Achilles problem. He's having a scan tomorrow morning.
Could be career threatening.

Is your last sentence serious?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Login to get fewer ads

Nathan Dyer on 19:58 - Feb 12 with 3688 viewsBournedore

He was in a medical boot straight away
Nathan Dyer on 20:04 - Feb 12 with 3622 viewsdickythorpe

Nathan Dyer on 19:56 - Feb 12 by union_jack

Is your last sentence serious?

Unfortunately yes. If he's torn it or snapped it then at his age he will never recover his fitness required for PL level.
I think and I hope it is just a light tear. If it had snapped I doubt he'd have been able to go off like he did.
Nathan Dyer on 20:04 - Feb 12 with 3626 viewsHighjack

Was it caused by the two filthy Leicester players who were allowed to smash through the back of him completely unpunished by an incompetent referee?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Nathan Dyer on 20:04 - Feb 12 with 3612 viewsblueytheblue

Nathan Dyer on 19:56 - Feb 12 by Jackfath

Correct. We need to invest in one of those converted golf cart ambulance people mover vehicles.

As long as Tate isn't driving it.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Nathan Dyer on 20:05 - Feb 12 with 3601 viewsDr_Winston

Nathan Dyer on 20:04 - Feb 12 by dickythorpe

Unfortunately yes. If he's torn it or snapped it then at his age he will never recover his fitness required for PL level.
I think and I hope it is just a light tear. If it had snapped I doubt he'd have been able to go off like he did.

He's not even 30 yet mun.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Nathan Dyer on 20:09 - Feb 12 with 3554 viewsunion_jack

Sorry Dicky, what I meant was are you serious. Do you know something?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Nathan Dyer on 20:11 - Feb 12 with 3513 viewsdickythorpe

Nathan Dyer on 20:09 - Feb 12 by union_jack

Sorry Dicky, what I meant was are you serious. Do you know something?

No inside info. But teammates of mine never recovered from Achilles problems. Some still limp.
Nathan Dyer on 20:13 - Feb 12 with 3504 viewsLeonWasGod

Not much is career threatening these days, but yep if it's a bad achilies injury it's serious and he could be out for a while. Shame as he looked lively.
Nathan Dyer on 20:15 - Feb 12 with 3478 viewsHighjack

I snapped my banjo string and it really hurt.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Nathan Dyer on 20:32 - Feb 12 with 3363 viewsMuteswan

Nathan Dyer on 20:15 - Feb 12 by Highjack

I snapped my banjo string and it really hurt.

I snapped my Achilles' tendon playing squash 15 years ago, I still remember the pain to this day. I don't think he's snapped his seeing the way he walked off. My foot just dropped, and I couldn't raise the front of my foot at all, he was walking off almost normally but obviously in a lot of pain. Hopefully it's not too serious and he can make a full recovery.
Nathan Dyer on 20:49 - Feb 12 with 3265 viewsBanosswan

His calf would've ridden up and he wouldn't have been able to walk if it had snapped. Plus I wouldn't be surprised if the tv mics would have picked up the noise, they make a big snap.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Nathan Dyer on 20:57 - Feb 12 with 3208 viewsswanjackal

Nathan Dyer on 20:32 - Feb 12 by Muteswan

I snapped my Achilles' tendon playing squash 15 years ago, I still remember the pain to this day. I don't think he's snapped his seeing the way he walked off. My foot just dropped, and I couldn't raise the front of my foot at all, he was walking off almost normally but obviously in a lot of pain. Hopefully it's not too serious and he can make a full recovery.

Snapped my Achilles football training when I was 17. Like you it was useless, could not put any weight on it. I whited out for the first few seconds after the snap, sounded and (possibly) felt like a gunshot. I would've surprised if it's a snap, judging by him being able to walk away, but it didn't look like he was comfy. Speedy recovery to him anyway.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Nathan Dyer on 20:58 - Feb 12 with 3201 viewsMuteswan

Nathan Dyer on 20:49 - Feb 12 by Banosswan

His calf would've ridden up and he wouldn't have been able to walk if it had snapped. Plus I wouldn't be surprised if the tv mics would have picked up the noise, they make a big snap.

Certainly does make a fair noise, the guy I was playing said it sounded like a gunshot. It felt like what I imagine a gunshot would feel like too ☹️
Nathan Dyer on 21:55 - Feb 12 with 3004 viewsswan65split

Snapped mine and managed to walk and drive a car to the docs, after an operation it was a 9 month recovery, I was a long distance runner at the time......injury stopped that the leg was never strong enough again......still plays up today, the way he walked off it looks a long job sadly.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2017 21:55]
Nathan Dyer on 10:19 - Feb 13 with 2661 viewsstevethejack

Ruptured Achilles tendon, 7-8 months out, had a chat with him at Morriston hospital. He's gutted. Wished him all the best.
Nathan Dyer on 12:27 - Feb 13 with 2539 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Nathan Dyer on 10:19 - Feb 13 by stevethejack

Ruptured Achilles tendon, 7-8 months out, had a chat with him at Morriston hospital. He's gutted. Wished him all the best.

If this is correct that it is very bad news for him and not very good news for us.
We are now down one winger, I know we have Ayew, but he looked slow in comparison to our other wingers and even Olsson.
Will we have to get Barrow back?
Can we get Barrow back?
Nathan Dyer on 12:32 - Feb 13 with 2522 viewsmacthejack

All this Achilles talk is making me feel a bit queasy
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024