Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Disabled and carer season ticket renewal 18:38 - Mar 2 with 3059 viewsjackthepeg

I am a wheel chair user season ticket holder and want to renew for next season. I have always had a carer with me , but for next season I need to get a doctor to validate my need for a carer.
Can anyone help me to understand what I need to tell my GP what exactly I need from him to sort this out.
I am fully capable of putting in writing all my health issues which will explain my needs. Any help would be appreciated as there is only a few weeks left to buy my ticket.

Thanks in advance. Peter
Disabled and carer season ticket renewal on 18:47 - Mar 2 with 3047 viewsDarran

You don't need a doctor mate you just need to show your DLA/PIP etc letters of confirmation.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Disabled and carer season ticket renewal on 19:52 - Mar 2 with 3008 viewsjackthepeg

Disabled and carer season ticket renewal on 18:47 - Mar 2 by Darran

You don't need a doctor mate you just need to show your DLA/PIP etc letters of confirmation.

Thanks Darran. but reading the details on line, as I have the higher rate mobility, but not higher rate care element i believe I need a letter for a GP or other health professional. and that is what I am unsure of. .
Disabled and carer season ticket renewal on 20:40 - Mar 2 with 2946 viewsMartyrman57

Thats correct Jackthepeg. If you dont have higher rate for both then they require a GP letter from next season.
Disabled and carer season ticket renewal on 20:51 - Mar 2 with 2928 viewsDarran

Disabled and carer season ticket renewal on 20:40 - Mar 2 by Martyrman57

Thats correct Jackthepeg. If you dont have higher rate for both then they require a GP letter from next season.

I didn't know that.

Disabled and carer season ticket renewal on 21:21 - Mar 2 with 2900 viewsSTID2017

Disabled and carer season ticket renewal on 19:52 - Mar 2 by jackthepeg

Thanks Darran. but reading the details on line, as I have the higher rate mobility, but not higher rate care element i believe I need a letter for a GP or other health professional. and that is what I am unsure of. .

As you have Higher Rate Mobility this would suggest you can walk far / at all without assistance from a carer e.g to push your wheelchair or ensure you don't fall wnen walking to and from your seat. If you use walking aids makke sure the doctor also states that in a letter.
TBH health proffessionals know what to put - be prepared to pay a charge for this service to your GP.
The CAB are great for giving professional advice with form filling in these instances.
@@@@ I meant to say "cannot walk far" - sorry to suggest otherwise
[Post edited 3 Mar 2017 9:19]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Disabled and carer season ticket renewal on 21:39 - Mar 2 with 2882 viewsSwanseajill

Disabled and carer season ticket renewal on 20:51 - Mar 2 by Darran

I didn't know that.

It's new this season Darran. The DLA or PIPs make it plain enough. But one dodgy carers take advantage, and all disabled are classed as fraudsters from what I can gather.

Note to the OP, you will need to talk it through with your Doctor, it probably won't be the first time he's had this request lately. It will cost about £20-£25 pound.
Disabled and carer season ticket renewal on 21:42 - Mar 2 with 2873 viewsDarran

Disabled and carer season ticket renewal on 21:39 - Mar 2 by Swanseajill

It's new this season Darran. The DLA or PIPs make it plain enough. But one dodgy carers take advantage, and all disabled are classed as fraudsters from what I can gather.

Note to the OP, you will need to talk it through with your Doctor, it probably won't be the first time he's had this request lately. It will cost about £20-£25 pound.

Yeah people have been taking the piss Lor.

Disabled and carer season ticket renewal on 21:55 - Mar 2 with 2854 viewsjackthepeg

Thanks to everyone, I will go see my GP and get the ball rolling (no pun intended)
Login to get fewer ads

Disabled and carer season ticket renewal on 22:52 - Mar 2 with 2804 viewswhiterock

Im sure the Swansea City Disabled Supporters Association would be able to give advice here
Disabled and carer season ticket renewal on 07:12 - Mar 3 with 2718 viewsSwansea_Viking

Howdy.
The club ask for as much information as possible to ensure that those who most need a personal assistant can get one.
The doctors note is confirmation of the need for a personal assistant on matchday.
PIPs and the old DLA are assessed basically for a persons life outside of the stadium. They do not really help so much when in a packed stadium with 20,000 people rushing about. The PIPs and DLA can give a good idea of persons disability but the info from the doctor or other official source may help the club pick the most suitable arrangements. They won't usually ask for this info every season. All the doctors letter needs to state is why you need a personal assistant at the stadium I.e. Mobility issues, help with medication etc.
I have stood down as disability officer now due to work issues but there is a new disability officer in place now and his name is Andrew Williams. Andrewwilliams@swanseacityfc.co.uk
If you get any issues please contact him. If you stilll have issues please contact me at the Swans DSA on secswandsa@gmail.com I am currently chair of the DSA
I hope this helps but if you need any more info or help please contact me on the above email. Thanks, Ian

You Stupid Boy!

Disabled and carer season ticket renewal on 09:20 - Mar 3 with 2665 viewsSTID2017

Disabled and carer season ticket renewal on 21:21 - Mar 2 by STID2017

As you have Higher Rate Mobility this would suggest you can walk far / at all without assistance from a carer e.g to push your wheelchair or ensure you don't fall wnen walking to and from your seat. If you use walking aids makke sure the doctor also states that in a letter.
TBH health proffessionals know what to put - be prepared to pay a charge for this service to your GP.
The CAB are great for giving professional advice with form filling in these instances.
@@@@ I meant to say "cannot walk far" - sorry to suggest otherwise
[Post edited 3 Mar 2017 9:19]

Bump

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Disabled and carer season ticket renewal on 14:12 - Mar 3 with 2582 viewsjackthepeg

Disabled and carer season ticket renewal on 07:12 - Mar 3 by Swansea_Viking

Howdy.
The club ask for as much information as possible to ensure that those who most need a personal assistant can get one.
The doctors note is confirmation of the need for a personal assistant on matchday.
PIPs and the old DLA are assessed basically for a persons life outside of the stadium. They do not really help so much when in a packed stadium with 20,000 people rushing about. The PIPs and DLA can give a good idea of persons disability but the info from the doctor or other official source may help the club pick the most suitable arrangements. They won't usually ask for this info every season. All the doctors letter needs to state is why you need a personal assistant at the stadium I.e. Mobility issues, help with medication etc.
I have stood down as disability officer now due to work issues but there is a new disability officer in place now and his name is Andrew Williams. Andrewwilliams@swanseacityfc.co.uk
If you get any issues please contact him. If you stilll have issues please contact me at the Swans DSA on secswandsa@gmail.com I am currently chair of the DSA
I hope this helps but if you need any more info or help please contact me on the above email. Thanks, Ian

Thank you Ian, I have taken a letter to my GP to explain my circumstances so hopefully should get a response soon.

Peter
Disabled and carer season ticket renewal on 14:42 - Mar 3 with 2563 viewsSwansea_Viking

Disabled and carer season ticket renewal on 14:12 - Mar 3 by jackthepeg

Thank you Ian, I have taken a letter to my GP to explain my circumstances so hopefully should get a response soon.

Peter

OK. Let me know if you need any further help or info.
Cheers
Ian

You Stupid Boy!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024