Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Break up of the UK 19:32 - Mar 27 with 3660 viewstrampie

The days of the UK might be numbered, in the short to medium term Scotland might get independence, N.Ireland might unite with the Republic of Ireland, leaving just England and Wales, the English have flooded Wales making Welsh independence a long shot at this point in time but in the long term English white flighters might not want anything to do with rule from their old homeland as other non indigenous groups gain more influence, its been suggested overseas immigration in some cases is sometimes an issue resulting in English white flight from large cities, concerns about overseas immigration was said to have played a large part in the Brexit vote, Welsh independence might be gained in time through English immigrants and not just Welsh nationalists.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2017 19:38]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Break up of the UK on 19:40 - Mar 27 with 1765 viewsexiledclaseboy

So, let me check my understanding. Loads of white English people fleeing to Wales to escape the brown skinned invasion of their homeland will want nothing to do with England because of the aforementioned brown skinned invasion and become Welsh nationalists, thus precipitating an independent Wales?

Sound plausible.

Poll: Tory leader

Break up of the UK on 19:41 - Mar 27 with 1762 viewsDarran

Break up of the UK on 19:40 - Mar 27 by exiledclaseboy

So, let me check my understanding. Loads of white English people fleeing to Wales to escape the brown skinned invasion of their homeland will want nothing to do with England because of the aforementioned brown skinned invasion and become Welsh nationalists, thus precipitating an independent Wales?

Sound plausible.

lol

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Break up of the UK on 19:55 - Mar 27 with 1730 viewstrampie

Break up of the UK on 19:40 - Mar 27 by exiledclaseboy

Sound plausible.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2320002/How-rise-white-flight-areas-domi
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/dec/01/white-flight-diversity-cities

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Break up of the UK on 21:03 - Mar 27 with 1659 viewsKilkennyjack

Scotland is going, done deal.
Northern Ireland is going to join the Republic as sure as night follows day, but maybe not yet.

Cymru is in a different place.
Its possible that Welsh labour splits from London lovey type Labour.
In that case a stronger more Federal model might work.
An Indy conversation has now started in Wales, but it will take decades to get to even a vote. Sadly.

It may speed up once Indy Scotland and Indy Ireland are shown to be successful.
And post Brexit Little England bombs.

Beware of the Risen People

Break up of the UK on 21:06 - Mar 27 with 1656 viewsGowerjack

Fair play Trampie.

You're a feckin idiot.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Break up of the UK on 21:19 - Mar 27 with 1626 viewsblueytheblue

Break up of the UK on 21:03 - Mar 27 by Kilkennyjack

Scotland is going, done deal.
Northern Ireland is going to join the Republic as sure as night follows day, but maybe not yet.

Cymru is in a different place.
Its possible that Welsh labour splits from London lovey type Labour.
In that case a stronger more Federal model might work.
An Indy conversation has now started in Wales, but it will take decades to get to even a vote. Sadly.

It may speed up once Indy Scotland and Indy Ireland are shown to be successful.
And post Brexit Little England bombs.

So it's a done deal Scotland are leaving, huh?

Most Scots would see Sturgeon as a whiny little whiner seeking FRRREEEEDDDOM to overlook inconvenient stats like 26% of Scottish children are now deemed as being in poverty.

Indy Scotland will be successful? By Indy you mean desperate to get into EU?

Gut feeling for me is many in Wales unhappy with Labour's mismanagement but no real confidence that Plaid would do any better. People will complain but not really want independence here.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Break up of the UK on 21:21 - Mar 27 with 1625 viewssiralan

We certainly have some clueless r soles on this site.

By just saying something you want to happen does not mean it will happen,even if Scotland had another vote the result would be the same.
N Ireland and Wales no chance of ever getting a vote let alone going it alone.
Break up of the UK on 21:38 - Mar 27 with 1587 viewssherpajacob

Break up of the UK on 21:19 - Mar 27 by blueytheblue

So it's a done deal Scotland are leaving, huh?

Most Scots would see Sturgeon as a whiny little whiner seeking FRRREEEEDDDOM to overlook inconvenient stats like 26% of Scottish children are now deemed as being in poverty.

Indy Scotland will be successful? By Indy you mean desperate to get into EU?

Gut feeling for me is many in Wales unhappy with Labour's mismanagement but no real confidence that Plaid would do any better. People will complain but not really want independence here.

Sturgeon got 47% of the vote in Scottish elections less than 12 months ago. I don't think any other UK politician gets remotely close to that figure.

Shirley the fact that Westminster politicians allow a quarter of Scottish children to live in poverty could be seen as reason enough to leave.

The reality is the biggest boost to Scottish independence was Thatcher, Cameron has helped things along nicely and May looks like she's going to finish the job.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2017 21:42]

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Login to get fewer ads

Break up of the UK on 21:52 - Mar 27 with 1556 viewsKilkennyjack

Break up of the UK on 21:38 - Mar 27 by sherpajacob

Sturgeon got 47% of the vote in Scottish elections less than 12 months ago. I don't think any other UK politician gets remotely close to that figure.

Shirley the fact that Westminster politicians allow a quarter of Scottish children to live in poverty could be seen as reason enough to leave.

The reality is the biggest boost to Scottish independence was Thatcher, Cameron has helped things along nicely and May looks like she's going to finish the job.

Exactly.

Wales has been made so poor by successive uk governments that we had entitlement to EU hardship funds. Thats a pretty poor show.

Now Wales is told ....you are too small, you are too dull, its too risky. Despite the fact that many smaller nations have been very successful independent nations. Wales has huge natural resources and a small population.

Go look up Stockholm Syndrome.
800 years of being told you are inferior has an impact.

Scotland will be free due to the hard Tory Brexit. Well done feckwits.

Break up of the UK on 22:04 - Mar 27 with 1534 viewstrampie

Break up of the UK on 21:52 - Mar 27 by Kilkennyjack

Exactly.

Wales has been made so poor by successive uk governments that we had entitlement to EU hardship funds. Thats a pretty poor show.

Now Wales is told ....you are too small, you are too dull, its too risky. Despite the fact that many smaller nations have been very successful independent nations. Wales has huge natural resources and a small population.

Exactly.
Wales has indeed been made poor by successive uk governments, been entitled to objective one funding in West Wales and the Valleys says it all.

Break up of the UK on 22:14 - Mar 27 with 1514 viewsCooperman

Break up of the UK on 21:52 - Mar 27 by Kilkennyjack

Exactly.

Huge natural resources such as?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Break up of the UK on 22:25 - Mar 27 with 1495 viewstrampie

Break up of the UK on 22:14 - Mar 27 by Cooperman

Water and electricity.

Break up of the UK on 22:32 - Mar 27 with 1486 viewsKilkennyjack

Break up of the UK on 22:14 - Mar 27 by Cooperman

Well its a bit like a tick list really of renewal energy types.
Waters also quite useful mind.

I understand we used to have enough black gold to make the Saudi's look a bit shabby, but somebody took it from us.

I think we have nuclear in north wales but hopefully we could feck that off. Dangerous according to the Japs....

Break up of the UK on 22:42 - Mar 27 with 1455 viewsBanosswan

Break up of the UK on 22:32 - Mar 27 by Kilkennyjack

Well its a bit like a tick list really of renewal energy types.
Waters also quite useful mind.

I understand we used to have enough black gold to make the Saudi's look a bit shabby, but somebody took it from us.

I think we have nuclear in north wales but hopefully we could feck that off. Dangerous according to the Japs....

A recent poll actually found that only 4%, 4%! Of Wales would want independence. Source was in the times.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Break up of the UK on 22:49 - Mar 27 with 1441 viewstrampie

Break up of the UK on 22:42 - Mar 27 by Banosswan

A recent poll actually found that only 4%, 4%! Of Wales would want independence. Source was in the times.

The debate hasn't started yet, if Scotland and N.Ireland leave the union at that point there will be a debate.

Break up of the UK on 23:07 - Mar 27 with 1416 viewsblueytheblue

Break up of the UK on 21:38 - Mar 27 by sherpajacob

47%?

Tories always unpopular up north. Scottish Labour imploded ( to be joined by the rest of UK Labour ).

Sturgeon will be judged by her record in power, along with the continual bleating for FREEEDOM. How dare people vote the wrong way!

Westminster politicians allow a quarter of Scottish children to live in poverty - hmm, let's ignore the unfairness of the Barnett formula where the Jocks get far more per head than they should. Let's conveniently forget those powers which have been devolved...

Break up of the UK on 23:12 - Mar 27 with 1407 viewsBigPhilG

I didn't know that there were so many village idiots posting on here and creating threads like this
Break up of the UK on 23:37 - Mar 27 with 1381 viewsraynor94

Break up of the UK on 23:12 - Mar 27 by BigPhilG

I didn't know that there were so many village idiots posting on here and creating threads like this

It's the Free Wales Army mun

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Break up of the UK on 04:07 - Mar 28 with 1319 viewsKilkennyjack

Break up of the UK on 23:37 - Mar 27 by raynor94

It's the Free Wales Army mun

Self loathing.
Some welsh people find it comes naturally.

You forgot to take the piss out of sheep, the welsh language, and our national love of rugby.

There thats better....

Break up of the UK on 04:14 - Mar 28 with 1318 viewsKilkennyjack

Break up of the UK on 23:07 - Mar 27 by blueytheblue

47%?

Tories always unpopular up north. Scottish Labour imploded ( to be joined by the rest of UK Labour ).

Sturgeon will be judged by her record in power, along with the continual bleating for FREEEDOM. How dare people vote the wrong way!

Westminster politicians allow a quarter of Scottish children to live in poverty - hmm, let's ignore the unfairness of the Barnett formula where the Jocks get far more per head than they should. Let's conveniently forget those powers which have been devolved...

'How dare people vote the wrong way'.

No sense of irony ?

Scotland vote something like 56 of 59 MPs as SNP.
Scotland vote overwhelmingly to stay in EU.
Theresa the Appeaser has no mandate.

You also seem to think Freedom is a concept that is bad. Very strange.

Break up of the UK on 07:28 - Mar 28 with 1266 viewsDr_Winston

Break up of the UK on 22:25 - Mar 27 by trampie

Water and electricity.

You have to generate electricity Tramps. You can't mine it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Break up of the UK on 09:07 - Mar 28 with 1229 viewsblueytheblue

Break up of the UK on 04:14 - Mar 28 by Kilkennyjack

'How dare people vote the wrong way'.

No sense of irony ?

Scotland vote something like 56 of 59 MPs as SNP.
Scotland vote overwhelmingly to stay in EU.
Theresa the Appeaser has no mandate.

You also seem to think Freedom is a concept that is bad. Very strange.

No sense of intellect?

Scotland's makeup in Holyrood and Parliament are different. Discuss.

Scotland didn't vote to stay in EU. Scotland aren't in EU. UK are. Vote was a UK vote. Saying Scotland voted to stay is as pointless as claiming a particular town voted to stay.

Can't recall Jocks complaining too much when one of their own took over unelected. Hmm, Blair, Brown. Shining examples of great Scottish politicians...

Can you point out where I said Freedom as a concept is bad? Please stop lying.

Sturgeon bangs on about independence for the simple reason it's the only tactic she has. Wrapping herself in that nationalistic approach rallies the troops, bangs the drum and conveniently means SNP's record never really gets questioned as it should. It's all somebody else's fault... if only Scotland were FREEEEEEE. And by FREEEEEE she really means wedded to EU, on the unlikely scenario that a) EU allow an independent Scotland to join and that b) Scotland are able to fully meet all entry criteria, which could take decades if at all.

Sturgeon has no concrete answers. How will Scotland deal with the tariffs that will be applied by the market it has 90% of trade with?

For any of the smaller nations in UK to be independent and succeed, now isn't the right time. It needs a gradual increase of devolved powers over time, slowly getting each nation to be able to be self-supporting. Scotland is further down that line than other nations. Sturgeon wants to ignore that to the detriment of Scotland.

Break up of the UK on 09:27 - Mar 28 with 1215 viewsCooperman

Break up of the UK on 22:25 - Mar 27 by trampie

Water and electricity.

The Welsh economy is not going to survive on selling water and energy generated through renewable sources.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Break up of the UK on 10:13 - Mar 28 with 1193 viewsLeonWasGod

Break up of the UK on 09:27 - Mar 28 by Cooperman

The Welsh economy is not going to survive on selling water and energy generated through renewable sources.

It's entirely possible for Wales to manage on it's own, but getting there would be the problem. You just have to see what else is happening in similar sized N European countries to realise what can be achieved. Highly improbable though and the transition from where we are now (f*cked and relying on handouts, with a victim mentality on top) would be extremely difficult.
Break up of the UK on 12:30 - Mar 28 with 1138 viewssherpajacob

Break up of the UK on 23:07 - Mar 27 by blueytheblue

47%?

47% incidentally the same percentage, sinn Fein under de valera won in the 1918 general election, which ultimately led to Irish independence.

History whilst not always repeating itself, frequently rhymes.

Ireland have had their ups and downs, as all.nations do. However,

The number of Eire citizens that would now choose to return to the UK I would hazard is now so low they would be outnumbered by the crowd at a cardiff city FA cup tie.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024