Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Question for Brexiteers 15:35 - Mar 29 with 944 viewsrock1n

Hypothetical scenario:

If Scotland were to leave the Union (high possibility) and Ireland was to become United.

Was it a price worth paying?

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

Question for Brexiteers on 15:46 - Mar 29 with 923 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

The "United Kingdom of England & Wales"

I'd be concerened with Trampie' s health for starters.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Question for Brexiteers on 15:56 - Mar 29 with 912 viewsblueytheblue

So you call it hypothetical and then claim there's a high possibility Jocks would leave the UK?

All polls in last month except one have shown "Remain" to be ahead - even that one with by 1% so well within statistical error levels. No guarantee SNP would win their FREEEEEDOM rallying cry; I'd imagine most Jocks would be annoyed at the Neverendum.

But back to the main point.

Define "worth". Would it affect the majority of English or Welsh people? Not really. I'd be surprised if either were net contributors towards UK at the moment so arguably would be more money per head available for England and Wales.

N Ireland would then be hitched to the EU wagon via Ireland. Scotland would be desparately trying to get into EU. Should Brexit actually work successfully, I'd be amazed if other EU nations didn't also want to leave.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Question for Brexiteers on 17:27 - Mar 29 with 869 viewsHighjack

Truth is if the eu result had gone the other way sturgeon and the SNP would be looking for another reason to demand a referendum. They don't care about the EU, it's just political capital for them. If Scotland had voted leave and the rest of the country had voted remain we'd probably be in the same situation. Those evil Westminster lot would be keeping Scotland in the eu against its will. It's literally all they care about.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Question for Brexiteers on 17:54 - Mar 29 with 839 viewsblueytheblue

Indeed.

Sturgeon doesn't want independence really. On too cushy a number at the moment. No, without beating the nationalistic drum SNP wouldn't have got the "power" they now have, albeit aided by Labour collapsing.

Without a Neverendum claim, SNP would have to be judged on how they've performed in Holyrood. More devolved powers granted, less they can whine about "evil Tories". Sturgeon knows that.

Have another referendum, become independent, Sturgeon is dead in the water. Cut adrift from UK, 90% of Scotland's trade gets affected. trident moves, losing Scotland at least 10k jobs ( direct and indirect ). Oil price falling, not that Scotland owns 100% of it anyway. Need to create own economy. Need to spend decades even getting into shape for EU membership, which can take years to progress in itself. Lose Barnett formula money.

Strugeon is hoping enough Scots will back her sabre-rattling against Westminster out of borderline racist English hate. She hopes not enough will actually vote to give them independence in which case her political career dies a death when actually having to run a country...

Question for Brexiteers on 18:21 - Mar 29 with 803 viewsClinton

Equally valid question for Remainers?
Would you have voted Leave if you knew there was the possibility of being rid of the Scots and Irish.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Question for Brexiteers on 18:37 - Mar 29 with 776 viewsLeonWasGod

Question for Brexiteers on 17:27 - Mar 29 by Highjack

Truth is if the eu result had gone the other way sturgeon and the SNP would be looking for another reason to demand a referendum. They don't care about the EU, it's just political capital for them. If Scotland had voted leave and the rest of the country had voted remain we'd probably be in the same situation. Those evil Westminster lot would be keeping Scotland in the eu against its will. It's literally all they care about.

Of course it's what Sturgeon cares about. It would be political suicide for her to take a position different to the majority view of her electorate. Similar to why May has swung from a remainer to a hard brexiteer - she knows who keeps her in a job.

I'd have no problem with Scotland having more powers to run it's day to day stuff, or even full independence. But can see where there's a need too for some form of over-arching structure or agreement to ease trade, movement of goods and people, tackle common issues that transcend boundaries, etc. So a connected, accessible Scotland? Yeah, why not?

I'm not a Brexshitter though.
Question for Brexiteers on 18:55 - Mar 29 with 756 viewsowainglyndwr

Question for Brexiteers on 15:56 - Mar 29 by blueytheblue

So you call it hypothetical and then claim there's a high possibility Jocks would leave the UK?

All polls in last month except one have shown "Remain" to be ahead - even that one with by 1% so well within statistical error levels. No guarantee SNP would win their FREEEEEDOM rallying cry; I'd imagine most Jocks would be annoyed at the Neverendum.

But back to the main point.

Define "worth". Would it affect the majority of English or Welsh people? Not really. I'd be surprised if either were net contributors towards UK at the moment so arguably would be more money per head available for England and Wales.

N Ireland would then be hitched to the EU wagon via Ireland. Scotland would be desparately trying to get into EU. Should Brexit actually work successfully, I'd be amazed if other EU nations didn't also want to leave.

The Scots wi leave now.
And in the long term Ireland will be united as it should.
Us we are Ph@ked so much European money has been put into Wales
Question for Brexiteers on 19:14 - Mar 29 with 726 viewsexiledclaseboy

"Sturgeon doesn't want independence really" despite leading the "out" campaign three years ago and now instigating a second vote is quite the dumbest thing I've read for some considerable time.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

Question for Brexiteers on 19:18 - Mar 29 with 717 viewsblueytheblue

Question for Brexiteers on 19:14 - Mar 29 by exiledclaseboy

"Sturgeon doesn't want independence really" despite leading the "out" campaign three years ago and now instigating a second vote is quite the dumbest thing I've read for some considerable time.

Sabre-rattling to avoid criticism of SNP's performance.

Get independence, they are financially doomed.

Think Sturgeon wants to have to deal with that?

Question for Brexiteers on 19:27 - Mar 29 with 702 viewsexiledclaseboy

Question for Brexiteers on 19:18 - Mar 29 by blueytheblue

I doubt she'd accept your premise.

Question for Brexiteers on 19:29 - Mar 29 with 701 viewslondonlisa2001

Question for Brexiteers on 19:18 - Mar 29 by blueytheblue

I'm still finding it almost impossible to read your arguments without wondering how you don't translate that into the UK and EU scenario,
Question for Brexiteers on 19:32 - Mar 29 with 694 viewsexiledclaseboy

Question for Brexiteers on 19:29 - Mar 29 by londonlisa2001

I'm still finding it almost impossible to read your arguments without wondering how you don't translate that into the UK and EU scenario,

I pointed that out in some detail to him a while ago. He did the virtual version of sticking his fingers in his ears and shouting "LA LA LA".

This is the same Bluey mind who insisted that Philip Hammond deliberately announced his cack handed self employed tax policy knowing full well it wouldn't fly just so the Tories coukd look good when they pulled it.

He has no sense of reason. Must be the air up east.

Question for Brexiteers on 19:35 - Mar 29 with 687 viewsRogerstone

If the jocks go will they pay us all the money for bailing out royal bank of scotland?

Nuclear subs to milford haven

"Gylfi's on fire, your defence is terrified!"

Question for Brexiteers on 20:00 - Mar 29 with 658 viewsblueytheblue

Question for Brexiteers on 19:32 - Mar 29 by exiledclaseboy

I pointed that out in some detail to him a while ago. He did the virtual version of sticking his fingers in his ears and shouting "LA LA LA".

This is the same Bluey mind who insisted that Philip Hammond deliberately announced his cack handed self employed tax policy knowing full well it wouldn't fly just so the Tories coukd look good when they pulled it.

He has no sense of reason. Must be the air up east.

Point being Lisa and ECB, Britain can survive outside EU even if things don't go perfectly.

Scotland on the other hand are utterly f*cked. They'd have to rely upon joining EU. That's no given whatsoever. You seriously think Sturgeon doesn't know that? Telling the public they have freedom when Scotland is bankrupt isn't going to suffice.

So the two are completely different scenarios. As I said elsewhere, I'd personally kick Scotland out.

Did I insist Hammond deliberately did that or floated it as a possibility? Hardly beyond the realm of possibility... short term humiliation for a longer term "we listened to you".

More sense of reason than most.

Question for Brexiteers on 20:05 - Mar 29 with 650 viewsHighjack

Scotland would be absolutely fine.

I don't know if we'll ever see independence or whether we'll go to a more federal system under the UK banner but Scotland and its people are brilliant and should never be underestimated. They would have massive issues to sort out but they'd get there.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Question for Brexiteers on 20:08 - Mar 29 with 646 viewsexiledclaseboy

Question for Brexiteers on 20:05 - Mar 29 by Highjack

Scotland would be absolutely fine.

I don't know if we'll ever see independence or whether we'll go to a more federal system under the UK banner but Scotland and its people are brilliant and should never be underestimated. They would have massive issues to sort out but they'd get there.

Ferderalism is the future. It's inevitable. The UK can't survive indefinitely in its current form.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2017 20:09]

Question for Brexiteers on 22:00 - Mar 29 with 589 viewsHighjack

Question for Brexiteers on 20:08 - Mar 29 by exiledclaseboy

Ferderalism is the future. It's inevitable. The UK can't survive indefinitely in its current form.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2017 20:09]

Yeah and it solves the self determination without breaking up the union problem. It would also force the Welsh assembly into actually being accountable and no longer an anonymous useless entity.

Question for Brexiteers on 11:50 - Mar 30 with 514 viewsrock1n

Question for Brexiteers on 22:00 - Mar 29 by Highjack

Yeah and it solves the self determination without breaking up the union problem. It would also force the Welsh assembly into actually being accountable and no longer an anonymous useless entity.

Every new power we hear this and every fck up by the WAG we hear it's the fault of Westminster.

Maybe it's some ingenious Machiavellian plan to get more powers. I live in hope that one day the WAG won't blame the tories for everything. One day, maybe sometime in 2050 when they're in coalition because they lost their majority for the first time in 60 years.

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024