Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2 things.... 1 Hull Away - 2. Siggy & Llorente in January 17:24 - Apr 15 with 4881 viewsTheResurrection

That Hull away game - yeah, the one I called a shameful performance.

That one that's given them the CHANCE to even be in the hunt, that's all down to that ONE game!!!

People on here saying they don't get the outcry after the one game, they don't understand football WHATSOEVER.

We go there with the right mentality and shut that game down for the full 95 minutes and that was us safe!!!!

No, Siggy and Llorente and Fer and some notable others thought they were better than Hull so we should take the game to them.

If we go down and there's another nail in our coffin today it's THAT game we got so badly wrong.

On the second point.

If we'd have got shot of Siggy and Llorente in January and had someone capable of bringing in decent players then we'd also have been ok. Marco Silva for example.

He wasn't afraid to get rid of their talisman, top scorer and best player in Snodgrass and rebuild a team. Some 15 points later and even though they lost today, they've given themselves a chance.

Instead the idiots on here are more interested in hero worshipping Siggy and Llorente and blaming everyone else. It's those 2 that have been the PROBLEM all season!!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

2 things.... 1 Hull Away - 2. Siggy & Llorente in January on 19:53 - Apr 15 with 1070 viewsJackFish

I kind of agree about Llorente, he's great in the air but doesn't offer a whole lot else. Unfortunately we seem completely unable to put a cross anywhere near him at the moment so that's not helping. You would think though that before we signed him and Baston someone might have considered how we were going to use them.

Can't agree about Gylfi at all I'm afraid. When we first signed him and went from a team battling relegation to a mid-table team, he played in the middle and was instrumental in that. When we achieved our highest Prem finish he played in the middle and was a big part of that. When we dragged ourselves to safety last season he played in the middle and as usual was one of our top scorers with the most assists. Playing him on the left leaves us really unbalanced although considering we have no wingers worthy of that title I'm not entirely sure what the answer is.
2 things.... 1 Hull Away - 2. Siggy & Llorente in January on 19:57 - Apr 15 with 1062 viewsJack_Kass

2 things.... 1 Hull Away - 2. Siggy & Llorente in January on 18:57 - Apr 15 by TheResurrection

Have you got a graphic of the EPL table, clown?

Some stats for you on Siggy, im sure you'll enjoy them

He's attempted 42% of our shots (ranked 4th overall in the PL)

He's created 44% of our assists (ranked 3rd overall in the PL)

He's completed 36% of our accurate crosses (RANKED 1ST overall in the PL)

contributing to 60% of our assists from said crosses (ranked 2nd overall in the PL)

So again, just to clarify, you continue this irrational campaign to remove the player from a relegation threatened team that is most likely to..

a) shoot
b) provide an assist for a team mate
c) cross the ball into the box, and provide an assist doing so

Hmm.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

2 things.... 1 Hull Away - 2. Siggy & Llorente in January on 20:00 - Apr 15 with 1053 views1462jack

2 things.... 1 Hull Away - 2. Siggy & Llorente in January on 19:57 - Apr 15 by Jack_Kass

contributing to 60% of our assists from said crosses (ranked 2nd overall in the PL)

So again, just to clarify, you continue this irrational campaign to remove the player from a relegation threatened team that is most likely to..

a) shoot

Hmm.

Means nothing because He's shit mun his highness Res erection said so
2 things.... 1 Hull Away - 2. Siggy & Llorente in January on 20:17 - Apr 15 with 1023 viewsperchrockjack

Siggyy s quality will be evidenced this summer with the large bids that will come in for him as opposed to the lack of bids for his shitteam mates

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

2 things.... 1 Hull Away - 2. Siggy & Llorente in January on 20:54 - Apr 15 with 999 viewsPokerface

2 things.... 1 Hull Away - 2. Siggy & Llorente in January on 17:57 - Apr 15 by TheResurrection

Basic, simple armchair fans think like that.

Football purists will know these 2 have been the problem all season.

Llorente is a slow old fashioned player who has seen many a better day, i'm sure, but to come here in the fastest, strongest league in the world and be the number 1 striker, no chance. A lazy signing who was probably meant to be the number 2 striker, which isn't his fault, but when you get the chance to get rid in January and don't take it - criminal.

Siggy is a one trick pony and theres a massive reason why he's on the left hand side and why he was for Spurs. He can't do it in the middle and never will. To see us waste a wide option with him out there when we clearly have needed some real attacking width will haunt us for the whole of the Summer.

Dropping Carroll today was a horrible, horrible mistake. I've defended Clement until today but he's got to hold his hands up there.

I hear your rant at all other football fans.

What football teams have you coached?

Why don't you manage a Prem team with you knowledge and insight ?

Obvioulsy wasted on this site.

Poll: Most boring poster....and least football knowledge

2 things.... 1 Hull Away - 2. Siggy & Llorente in January on 21:06 - Apr 15 with 975 viewsSmellyplumz

The fact people think routs is quality sums up the state of this team.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

2 things.... 1 Hull Away - 2. Siggy & Llorente in January on 21:10 - Apr 15 with 963 viewsTheResurrection

2 things.... 1 Hull Away - 2. Siggy & Llorente in January on 19:57 - Apr 15 by Jack_Kass

a) shoot

Hmm.

Best example of a fast track bully I've ever come across. Fair play, that's some doing.

All about Siggy and nothing about the team as a whole.

Mark my words.... Siggy will do no better than us in football. The fact he's got these fan boys really winds me up.

We used to be a team. Equal in salary and pretty much in ability. We'd all muck in for each other. We had harmony and balance and no big time Charles.

Siggy should have gone in January and we should have had a recruitment team capable of spending the money.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

2 things.... 1 Hull Away - 2. Siggy & Llorente in January on 21:11 - Apr 15 with 963 viewsbuilthjack

No mention of Naughton, Narsingh and Fer. Championshhip bottom half players at most.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

2 things.... 1 Hull Away - 2. Siggy & Llorente in January on 21:52 - Apr 15 with 916 viewsStrikeout

This Res bloke. What coaching badges does he possess? What standard of football has he played?
2 things.... 1 Hull Away - 2. Siggy & Llorente in January on 21:55 - Apr 15 with 911 views1462jack

2 things.... 1 Hull Away - 2. Siggy & Llorente in January on 21:11 - Apr 15 by builthjack

No mention of Naughton, Narsingh and Fer. Championshhip bottom half players at most.

"We used to be a team. Equal in salary and pretty much in ability. We'd all muck in for each other. We had harmony and balance"

Now as much as you get on my t@ts never a better sentence spoken , it's exactly that what made us different , and the players bought into it , they played for the club for each other it was a great thing to watch , but unfortunately greed on and off the pitch has ruined us
2 things.... 1 Hull Away - 2. Siggy & Llorente in January on 21:57 - Apr 15 with 906 viewsPokerface

2 things.... 1 Hull Away - 2. Siggy & Llorente in January on 21:10 - Apr 15 by TheResurrection

Best example of a fast track bully I've ever come across. Fair play, that's some doing.

All about Siggy and nothing about the team as a whole.

Mark my words.... Siggy will do no better than us in football. The fact he's got these fan boys really winds me up.

We used to be a team. Equal in salary and pretty much in ability. We'd all muck in for each other. We had harmony and balance and no big time Charles.

Siggy should have gone in January and we should have had a recruitment team capable of spending the money.

Ress

Why don't you manage a Prem team with your knowledge and insight ?

[Post edited 15 Apr 2017 22:01]

2 things.... 1 Hull Away - 2. Siggy & Llorente in January on 22:07 - Apr 15 with 891 viewsDrizzy

Oh goodness. This same thread that's come up after every loss, and was mysteriously absent after every win, has come up again offering just as little insight as every thread before it.

One has to admire T2C for persistence if nothing else. It must be tiresome watching every game scouring for moments that confirm his bias. A futile exercise because one would assume he doesn't really take in the games based on his trite platitudes masquerading as analysis: "We go there with the right mentality and shut that game down" being one of near infinite inane phrases. Instead it's more likely that he focuses on his own sense of validation from every Sigurdsson flick that goes awry or Llorente's lack of pace in the channel (he loves a ball down the channel, T2C) and when we inevitably lose the game, because we're sh*t, his post-match review will only focus on these two players because he's convinced he's correct. It's the hideous result of confirmation bias and dogmatic egotism, conceived by a desire to be noticed.

At the risk of veering this post into a psychoanalysis of T2C, a path best avoided, instead let's focus on the glaring inconsistencies of his argument. Now whilst we all know Sigurdsson hasn't played up to his very best for large parts of this season but during our best period when Clement was first arrived he was prolific and despite poor form still has 19 combined goals and assists this season. It's a futile exercise trying to discuss issues with shape when the attempted fluidity of our attack makes Sigurdsson's "left wing" position not much more than a graphic display.

The lunacy continues as the argument is that we should have sold him in January and reinvested. From 21 Jan (Liverpool away) to 12 Feb (Leicester home), Sigurdsson scored or assisted in every game in our best run of form in the season where we accumulated 9 points and were desperately unlucky at City. He showed, as he's always done, what he's capable of in a functioning team and not the dismal mishmash of an XI we've trotted out most of the season. It's funny that Snodgrass is mentioned as support for this argument and described as "brave" yet completely glosses over Hull's financial situation and the owners attempt to recoup as much money as possible before an attempted sale. As good as he could be he, also struggled a lot with injuries which is why he went for £7.5m. A good run of five games doesn't change the fact that their team is awful and they're the (third) last team we should be taking ideas from.

Llorente is a more complicated issue and he doesn't really fit our team but to sell him in January when the only recognised striker we had was Baston, who's been an unmitigated disaster, would have been lunacy. He's the only player, aside from Sigurdsson hilariously, who can finish chances it just needs to be in the form of good crosses. When we provided them, he scored. When there wasn't he was impotent. Just like all but five or six strikers in this league he relies on good service to be successful and we haven't provided it. His hold up play is decent enough and it's been a miracle we've gotten so much out of him. He's 32 and on course to play more minutes this season than he has since 2010/2011. It's due to abject failures in our recruitment that he's been relied upon as a main striker.

This leads me on to another fallacy in this increasingly tedious argument. Lobbing out statements such as "If we'd have got shot of Siggy and Llorente in January and had someone capable of bringing in decent players" is such a fallacy it's hard to know where to begin. Firstly we don't have anyone capable of bringing in decent players and haven't since Bayram Tutumlu. How anyone could have faith in the club's recruitment considering the osmosis of mediocrity in our squad over the last few years. Not to mention that January is a notoriously over-inflated market, which I'd doubt would even benefit us in any potential sale because of our tendency to sell on the cheap. Trying to find a striker in this window would be an absurd risk to take, one possible on Football Manager perhaps, but not in the real world in which T2C is adamant that he inhabits and everybody else does not.

In conclusion it's been a gigantic waste of time dissecting this ridiculous yet ubiquitous argument. The only antidote will be us winning games so if ever there was a time for unwavering support it's now. Not just for our club's future but to rid the forum of T2C's conceited drivel. Thank goodness these suggestions weren't acted on by anyone with authority at the club. It's now known of the true motives and desires of the parasites at our club but at least they're smart enough not to kill their host.

With regret,

Drizzy x

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

2 things.... 1 Hull Away - 2. Siggy & Llorente in January on 23:20 - Apr 15 with 851 viewsKerouac

IMO

No need for scapegoats in terms of the playing staff, none of them want to go down and are all trying their best.
The problem is the bad decisions made along the way by those in charge, namely;

1) Not backing Laudrup

2 ) Getting rid of Laudrup

3) Giving the job to Monk

4) Fire sale of some good footballers in order to please Monk

5) Dishing out contracts to some of the old guard who no longer warranted contract extensions (coincidence that most were Monk's mates?)

6) Succumbing to our critics (both exterior and interior) and ditching our style of principled, stylish, attacking, RISKY style of football in favour of the dour, percentage driven, cowardly, nonsense the rest of the division play...implemented by Garry Monk.

7) Bad recruitment
i) in terms of bad transfer deals (fees) and over paying on wages (the likes of Gomis)
and
ii) in terms of the decisions on the type of players we need and for what positions (in order of priority)
e.g. For 3 years I have been writing every summer (on another forum mainly) that we need to address the following...

RB - Rangel has needed replacing and Naughton is not good enough

LB - We got done on the Ben Davies/Vorm/Siggy deal and Taylor was not the player he was in our first Prem season....this wasn't fixed until last January, and STILL Olsson doesn't have much in the way of back-up.

CB - We have always been an injury away from flying by the seat of our pants in this position.

DM - Leon has needed replacing for a couple of years...Cork wasn't good enough to make the position his own...we have done NOTHING to address this.

CM - Since Allen left we have been below par hear...De Guzman had his qualities, Ki has always been a sh*thouse, Shelvey a fecking mess

WING - Dyer went down the toilet, Routledge has been getting slower (and in truth was always a compromise out on the left as he has no left foot)...we haven't spent the money here that we needed to. THIS POSITION IS THE BIGGEST FACTOR IN OUR DEMISE, OUR WINGERS HAVE LONG PRODUCED FEW GOALS AND FEW ASSISTS...WITH 1 UP FRONT THE WING POSITIONS ARE CRUCIAL, IT HAD TO CATCH UP WITH US EVENTUALLY.
Montero and Barrow showed glimpses of ability, if we weren't going to persist with them we should have replaced with TOP QUALITY (the best we can afford at least).

ST - We switched to a target man system when we bought Bony...it worked for a while, since he has left we haven't got close to bringing in a similar quality targetman until Llorente, who is excellent but is in his twilight years as a pro. We needed either another, younger targetman to go along with Llorente or different types of strikers and tweak our style.
£15m for Baston. WTF...not a criticism of Baston by the way.

8) The manager merry-go-round we have become...bad, bad, bad news for any club.
Pick one, allow him the summer to prepare them and shape his squad...then allow him to see the season through (for better or worse), review in the summer.
It 'aint complicated.

9) Not holding out for top dollar when a bigger club has been interested in one of our players.

....there's probably more but I'm knackered and fed up, going to bed.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2017 23:23]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

2 things.... 1 Hull Away - 2. Siggy & Llorente in January on 23:27 - Apr 15 with 833 viewsPokerface

2 things.... 1 Hull Away - 2. Siggy & Llorente in January on 22:07 - Apr 15 by Drizzy

Oh goodness. This same thread that's come up after every loss, and was mysteriously absent after every win, has come up again offering just as little insight as every thread before it.

One has to admire T2C for persistence if nothing else. It must be tiresome watching every game scouring for moments that confirm his bias. A futile exercise because one would assume he doesn't really take in the games based on his trite platitudes masquerading as analysis: "We go there with the right mentality and shut that game down" being one of near infinite inane phrases. Instead it's more likely that he focuses on his own sense of validation from every Sigurdsson flick that goes awry or Llorente's lack of pace in the channel (he loves a ball down the channel, T2C) and when we inevitably lose the game, because we're sh*t, his post-match review will only focus on these two players because he's convinced he's correct. It's the hideous result of confirmation bias and dogmatic egotism, conceived by a desire to be noticed.

At the risk of veering this post into a psychoanalysis of T2C, a path best avoided, instead let's focus on the glaring inconsistencies of his argument. Now whilst we all know Sigurdsson hasn't played up to his very best for large parts of this season but during our best period when Clement was first arrived he was prolific and despite poor form still has 19 combined goals and assists this season. It's a futile exercise trying to discuss issues with shape when the attempted fluidity of our attack makes Sigurdsson's "left wing" position not much more than a graphic display.

The lunacy continues as the argument is that we should have sold him in January and reinvested. From 21 Jan (Liverpool away) to 12 Feb (Leicester home), Sigurdsson scored or assisted in every game in our best run of form in the season where we accumulated 9 points and were desperately unlucky at City. He showed, as he's always done, what he's capable of in a functioning team and not the dismal mishmash of an XI we've trotted out most of the season. It's funny that Snodgrass is mentioned as support for this argument and described as "brave" yet completely glosses over Hull's financial situation and the owners attempt to recoup as much money as possible before an attempted sale. As good as he could be he, also struggled a lot with injuries which is why he went for £7.5m. A good run of five games doesn't change the fact that their team is awful and they're the (third) last team we should be taking ideas from.

Llorente is a more complicated issue and he doesn't really fit our team but to sell him in January when the only recognised striker we had was Baston, who's been an unmitigated disaster, would have been lunacy. He's the only player, aside from Sigurdsson hilariously, who can finish chances it just needs to be in the form of good crosses. When we provided them, he scored. When there wasn't he was impotent. Just like all but five or six strikers in this league he relies on good service to be successful and we haven't provided it. His hold up play is decent enough and it's been a miracle we've gotten so much out of him. He's 32 and on course to play more minutes this season than he has since 2010/2011. It's due to abject failures in our recruitment that he's been relied upon as a main striker.

This leads me on to another fallacy in this increasingly tedious argument. Lobbing out statements such as "If we'd have got shot of Siggy and Llorente in January and had someone capable of bringing in decent players" is such a fallacy it's hard to know where to begin. Firstly we don't have anyone capable of bringing in decent players and haven't since Bayram Tutumlu. How anyone could have faith in the club's recruitment considering the osmosis of mediocrity in our squad over the last few years. Not to mention that January is a notoriously over-inflated market, which I'd doubt would even benefit us in any potential sale because of our tendency to sell on the cheap. Trying to find a striker in this window would be an absurd risk to take, one possible on Football Manager perhaps, but not in the real world in which T2C is adamant that he inhabits and everybody else does not.

In conclusion it's been a gigantic waste of time dissecting this ridiculous yet ubiquitous argument. The only antidote will be us winning games so if ever there was a time for unwavering support it's now. Not just for our club's future but to rid the forum of T2C's conceited drivel. Thank goodness these suggestions weren't acted on by anyone with authority at the club. It's now known of the true motives and desires of the parasites at our club but at least they're smart enough not to kill their host.

With regret,

Drizzy x

Another yawn fest.

The best posters say it all in a sentence or two.

2 things.... 1 Hull Away - 2. Siggy & Llorente in January on 23:46 - Apr 15 with 792 viewsjasper_T

a) shoot

Hmm.

Stats that compare his to the rest of our team in isolation, when he takes every single set piece for us, and we're shit, aren't especially meaningful.
2 things.... 1 Hull Away - 2. Siggy & Llorente in January on 00:13 - Apr 16 with 764 viewsTheResurrection

2 things.... 1 Hull Away - 2. Siggy & Llorente in January on 21:57 - Apr 15 by Pokerface

Ress

Why don't you manage a Prem team with your knowledge and insight ?

[Post edited 15 Apr 2017 22:01]

Why don't I manage my head down on your face?

2 things.... 1 Hull Away - 2. Siggy & Llorente in January on 00:14 - Apr 16 with 756 viewsTheResurrection

2 things.... 1 Hull Away - 2. Siggy & Llorente in January on 22:07 - Apr 15 by Drizzy

With regret,

Drizzy x

If you think a single mug read more than a paragraph of that utter facking tosh you're a bigger kunt than you come across.

2 things.... 1 Hull Away - 2. Siggy & Llorente in January on 00:44 - Apr 16 with 730 viewsRobert

2 things.... 1 Hull Away - 2. Siggy & Llorente in January on 20:54 - Apr 15 by Pokerface

Why don't you manage a Prem team with you knowledge and insight ?

At what level of football do you or did you play Res?
2 things.... 1 Hull Away - 2. Siggy & Llorente in January on 06:38 - Apr 16 with 685 viewsjack247

2 things.... 1 Hull Away - 2. Siggy & Llorente in January on 18:34 - Apr 15 by TheResurrection

Rich, seriously Routs has kept us in the EPL throughout the last 6 years.

We've all taken for granted how important he and his position was for the majority of the years we've been in this great league.

Now he's getting on and lost that all important yard of pace and not replacing him is probably the main reason we're where we are now.

Routs is a bloody legend and our all time record EPL attendance player. He's been a great servant and does not deserve the shit he gets.

He only gets shit from people who have watched the game all their lives but still need commentary to tell you who has played well. Past his best, but we haven't managed to replace him with better.

He probably reads this board, sees who has slagged him off and takes it as a backhanded compliment.
2 things.... 1 Hull Away - 2. Siggy & Llorente in January on 06:43 - Apr 16 with 684 viewsjack247

That Hull game was obviously a turning point.

Whether it was deliberate or not, kicking Llorente, Olsson and Rangel off the park has worked wonders for them. They absolutely exposed the fact we have no plan B. Drained the confidence out of us as well. We were playing with a confidence, almost a swagger at that point. One or two aside, we have looked like a tepid bunch of blouses in most games since.
2 things.... 1 Hull Away - 2. Siggy & Llorente in January on 06:50 - Apr 16 with 678 viewsChief

2 things.... 1 Hull Away - 2. Siggy & Llorente in January on 18:57 - Apr 15 by TheResurrection

Have you got a graphic of the EPL table, clown?

Surely the league table (and our lowly position on it) is a reflection of the squad as a whole? Not one man and certainly not our top assisted you faaking lunatic

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

2 things.... 1 Hull Away - 2. Siggy & Llorente in January on 10:33 - Apr 16 with 619 viewsTheResurrection

2 things.... 1 Hull Away - 2. Siggy & Llorente in January on 06:43 - Apr 16 by jack247

That Hull game was obviously a turning point.

Whether it was deliberate or not, kicking Llorente, Olsson and Rangel off the park has worked wonders for them. They absolutely exposed the fact we have no plan B. Drained the confidence out of us as well. We were playing with a confidence, almost a swagger at that point. One or two aside, we have looked like a tepid bunch of blouses in most games since.

A swagger that turned into a shapeless, indisciplined, careless and carefree pile of shit.

Clement saw this but has seemingly been too weak to deal with it. That performance was criminal, I couldn't believe my eyes and what I was seeing. I can't remember being so angry after a game for I don't know how long.

Clement should have kicked shit out of them or fined them or dropped the big time Charlie's out of sight. That's how important that ONE game was!!!

People seem to be finally..... FINALLY getting up to speed with Llorente but only after Match of the Day exposed what I've been saying all season.

People only listen and learn when it's too late. See Huw Jenkins for one.

We should have bombed the pair of them out in January but to do that we would've needed a Marco Silva type manager who comes with an agent full of potential new recruits, like Laudrup and Tutumulu that Jenkins shat on.

His shitty recruitment has always been pathetic. But he's had to meddle to protect what was always going to be the true legacy from all this - his bank balance.

2 things.... 1 Hull Away - 2. Siggy & Llorente in January on 10:57 - Apr 16 with 586 viewsperchrockjack

I do not agree with your opinion on Routledge . How he s kept us in the league for 6 yrs will stay with me if I get a sleepless night. Wonderful off the wall stuff, Chris.

But its only opinion 247

Ive not got agenda either 247, just sick of the same underperforming pros who bring us nothing ,as Rots does.nothing.

He s earned a fabulous living our of my club so ,thanks all the same, I ll say it as I see it. Now, got that.

Add to my list of cretins, Ki, a filthy waste of a shirt, Fernandez, a man who cannot tackle, mark,head a ball, or inspire- this an international centre half. Cringeworthy and beyond parody. Naughton, just what the fook, weakest full back in prem league , by a mile. Cork, a calamity of a captain, devoid of what a captain should have...fire in the belly .

OFF YA GO

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

2 things.... 1 Hull Away - 2. Siggy & Llorente in January on 11:03 - Apr 16 with 576 viewsjasper_T

Whenever you think about Routledge fluffing all those one on ones, try to remember the last time any of our other wingers even found themselves in those positions to score.
2 things.... 1 Hull Away - 2. Siggy & Llorente in January on 11:25 - Apr 16 with 548 viewsLeonWasGod

2 things.... 1 Hull Away - 2. Siggy & Llorente in January on 17:38 - Apr 15 by AngelRangelQS

It's pretty hard to defend Siggy and Llorente after the last couple of months tbf.

Siggy is still our best player though (which isn't particularly hard)

It's very easy to defend them since the start of Jan though:

1. They have been involved in 12 of our 16 goals (75%)
2. We've picked up 15 points thanks to games where they've been involved in the goals, versus none when they haven't (i.e. no other bugger is stepping up).

Besides, the OP argument is fundamentally flawed in other ways too:

(a) there's no guarantee we'd shut out Hull - check our goal difference to see how good we have been at that side of the game. And Llorente went of injured when the score was 0-0, so criticising him for taking the game to Hull is nonsense.
(b) had we sold them both in January, there's no guarantee we'd have replaced them with quality (and lots of evidence suggesting we wouldn't have - e.g. how have Ayew and Narsingh got on? I'll give a clue - they've won us zero points between them).
(c) There's no hero worship - just people recognising the bleedingly obvious that they offer our greatest goal threat and we'd have been f*cked without them.

OP's just having a 'mare again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024