Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year 00:08 - Apr 22 with 9368 viewsGlyn1

That's according to the Labour Party anyway. Apparently that puts you in the top 5 per cent of wage earners in this country. Sounds right to me but people on Radio 5 have been whinging that they get that and are just average. Struggling in fact. Any thoughts?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 19:03 - Apr 22 with 960 viewslifelong

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 18:47 - Apr 22 by Jackfath

I'm rich.

I'm healthy and happy with my life.

You are indeed.

I knew a farmer who owned 3 very large farms in Pembrokeshire, he was a multi millionaire, he died a few years ago of farmers lung disease, he was 60. I spoke to him a week before he died and he asked me what good was all his money to him now?

Without your health you have nothing.
You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 19:16 - Apr 22 with 944 viewsGroo

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 18:52 - Apr 22 by oh_tommy_tommy

£70 k & struggle

Your f@cking clueless

Are you

Martin

Or Huw .

Seriously

Where do You live
[Post edited 22 Apr 2017 18:54]

I'm thinking your the clueless one. Of course 70K and struggle, we all do, we all struggle to get by and we all spend what we earn.

Now 70K a week, now that would be different, 70K a year, as said, better than 35K but still you have to pay your bills, you don't have 1000's of spare dosh each week to splash about.

70K would give you the opportunity to buy a better house in a better area, but that would come with a bigger mortgage. Bigger income, bigger outgoing.

Groo does what Groo does best

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 19:18 - Apr 22 with 940 viewsJackfath

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 19:16 - Apr 22 by Groo

I'm thinking your the clueless one. Of course 70K and struggle, we all do, we all struggle to get by and we all spend what we earn.

Now 70K a week, now that would be different, 70K a year, as said, better than 35K but still you have to pay your bills, you don't have 1000's of spare dosh each week to splash about.

70K would give you the opportunity to buy a better house in a better area, but that would come with a bigger mortgage. Bigger income, bigger outgoing.

Are you saying it's all relative? Who'd have thougt it eh?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 19:43 - Apr 22 with 900 viewsjack2jack

If the money i earn,is enough to provide for my family,and i can afford the odd treat now and again,then I'm rich enough,as NJ said, good health is the most important commodity that you can't buy.My work here is done.
You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 19:56 - Apr 22 with 887 viewsmorningstar

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 19:18 - Apr 22 by Jackfath

Are you saying it's all relative? Who'd have thougt it eh?

My step daughter and her husband live in North London. She is a dental hygienist at a practice in Harley Street. He is head of his IT dept in the Met Police. Their combined wage is approx £1/4M+ per annum and they have just bought an apartment near the old Highbury ground that resembles something you could get off the housing association in Swansea for £55 per week! They'd love too have kids, but afford to. So yeah, it's all relevant. Corbyn is a fvckin dinosauar!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 20:17 - Apr 22 with 855 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 19:16 - Apr 22 by Groo

Where do you live ?

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 20:19 - Apr 22 with 853 viewsGroo

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 19:56 - Apr 22 by morningstar

My step daughter and her husband live in North London. She is a dental hygienist at a practice in Harley Street. He is head of his IT dept in the Met Police. Their combined wage is approx £1/4M+ per annum and they have just bought an apartment near the old Highbury ground that resembles something you could get off the housing association in Swansea for £55 per week! They'd love too have kids, but afford to. So yeah, it's all relevant. Corbyn is a fvckin dinosauar!

It's one of the reasons (the main one actually) why we left London.

Groo does what Groo does best

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 20:22 - Apr 22 with 846 viewsFlashberryjack

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 19:56 - Apr 22 by morningstar

F*ck me, I'm in tears......how awful for them.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 20:22 - Apr 22 with 844 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 20:19 - Apr 22 by Groo

Where do you live my friend?

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 20:27 - Apr 22 with 826 viewsE20Jack

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 18:52 - Apr 22 by oh_tommy_tommy

£70 k & struggle

Your f@cking clueless

Are you

Martin

Or Huw .

Seriously

Where do You live
[Post edited 22 Apr 2017 18:54]

We aren't talking about struggling, getting by, being well off or being comfortable. We are talking about being RICH. 70k a year does not make you rich.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2017 20:31]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 20:29 - Apr 22 with 819 viewsEilian

Epic amounts of classic planet swans retarded ness here.

If you earned £70k a week then you would probably just be moaning about struggling to pay for your jet and refurbishing your palace.

Wealth is a matter of perception.

The guy who says that his daughter can't afford to have children is another cracking example.
They can 100% afford to have children. What they can't afford is to live in that particular area of London.
If they moved to a cheaper area of London then earning£250k a year they could probably afford to have 42 children of they wanted.

You could move to Pembrokeshire and earn £10k a year and potentially have better quality of life than someone in London earning £250k a year. So long as you were willing to go without all the materialistic nonsense.

Increasing taxes on the rich is a false economy

Increasing minimum wage is a false economy

Living in London so that you can earn a higher wage can also be a false economy if you are not careful.
You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 20:33 - Apr 22 with 803 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 20:27 - Apr 22 by E20Jack

We aren't talking about struggling, getting by, being well off or being comfortable. We are talking about being RICH. 70k a year does not make you rich.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2017 20:31]

Really

I'd be f@ckning landed

You ?

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 20:33 - Apr 22 with 797 viewsJack_Meoff

If I earned 70k a year I'd work three days a week max, as you cannot buy time just as you can't buy health. Money is the one true world religion, one we're all utterly hypnotised by.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 20:34 - Apr 22 with 795 viewsE20Jack

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 20:33 - Apr 22 by oh_tommy_tommy

Really

I'd be f@ckning landed

You ?

Being landed about being on 70k you may well be. But again that isn't the question. The question is would you be rich. And unless you had some hefty savings or some other income then I don't think you would be, especially if you lived in London where the majority of people on that wage and upwards will live.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 20:41 - Apr 22 with 766 viewsperchrockjack

Can't afford to have kids ? What

Those who aren't arsed are those with no education, no job, no inclination to accept responsibility for having children, the single most significant thing humans do.

Streets are full of those who can't afford. Of their own means to have kids but do so..

Our system supports these cretins when good decent responsible couples actually consider having children and supporting them as opposed to the state

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 20:42 - Apr 22 with 763 viewsploppy

Surely, it's your total net worth that defines how rich you are, not how much you earn per annum.
You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 20:45 - Apr 22 with 755 viewsmorningstar

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 20:22 - Apr 22 by Flashberryjack

F*ck me, I'm in tears......how awful for them.

That's pretty poor from you Flash if i'm honest. A throw away comment without having any understanding of what the thread is about. It's not about the haves and have nots, it's about Corbyn stating that people who earn £70k are rich when they quite clearly are not.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 20:46 - Apr 22 with 747 viewsperchrockjack

Plop.you got it ,son.

As I say, envy and class war is what filthy Corbyn is encouraging

Opening old social wounds is not what we need right now

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 20:47 - Apr 22 with 746 viewsKilkennyjack

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 20:41 - Apr 22 by perchrockjack

Can't afford to have kids ? What

Those who aren't arsed are those with no education, no job, no inclination to accept responsibility for having children, the single most significant thing humans do.

Streets are full of those who can't afford. Of their own means to have kids but do so..

Our system supports these cretins when good decent responsible couples actually consider having children and supporting them as opposed to the state

What a nice man you are....

Beware of the Risen People

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 20:54 - Apr 22 with 720 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 20:47 - Apr 22 by Kilkennyjack

What a nice man you are....

He is a nice man

He's doesn't live in our world mate

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 20:55 - Apr 22 with 718 viewsjack2jack

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 20:33 - Apr 22 by Jack_Meoff

If I earned 70k a year I'd work three days a week max, as you cannot buy time just as you can't buy health. Money is the one true world religion, one we're all utterly hypnotised by.

Some,not all, but agree it's the scourge of society.
You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 20:55 - Apr 22 with 718 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 20:19 - Apr 22 by Groo

Where do you live

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 20:56 - Apr 22 with 713 viewsperchrockjack

I can be.

Looking at couples who clearly plan a family for the joy it brings rather than because it seems cool or to get a house

Children have a right to as secure a future as possible and without the nanny state paying

You might think it ok for young kids to simply get impregnated for coolness sake .

I don't

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 21:05 - Apr 22 with 696 viewsJack_Meoff

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 20:55 - Apr 22 by jack2jack

Some,not all, but agree it's the scourge of society.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

You're rich if you earn £70,000 a year on 21:06 - Apr 22 with 683 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

You live ok on 45k a year perch

Surely .?

You've had a great life

Well earned by the way , respect.

Decent pension I guess
Fought by unions by the way .

You slag it all off .

Your going down in my estimations

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024