Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread 22:35 - May 22 with 7991 viewsBrynCartwright

This thread is not about politics.

I am so feckin bored with politics.

So I thought I would ask the illustrious members of this august forum whether they are either:-

1. ZX Spectrum or
2. Commodore 64

Hours spent playing Elite on me ol Spec.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 22:42 - May 22 with 3930 viewsLeonWasGod

I always saw the Commodore as the more Conservative choice, and there's no doubt that some of the spectrum games were a Labour of love for some.

Vic 20 kid I was - never conformed when I was younger. I wish I had as the Spectrum was much better.
Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 22:45 - May 22 with 3922 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Daley Thompsons Decathalon and Barry McGuigan boxing on the C64 were amazing games

Or at least thats how i remember them

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 22:46 - May 22 with 3918 viewsblueytheblue

Spectrum Elite?

Ye gods...

Old school BBC Elite or nothing.

The source code is available from memory. Always fancied converting that into a modern programming language. Never got the time to do it tbh. Assembly language can be a pain to convert.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 23:25 - May 22 with 3888 viewsEbo

I had a ZX Spectrum 48k with the rubber keys. Wrote tons of code back in the day. Lost interest as got into playing music, after all the geeks never get the girls :)

It came full circle many years later as got back into code and it eventually became my full time job.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 00:45 - May 23 with 3852 viewsKerouac

C64 for me.
The Spectrum was dogshite, f*cking transparent graphics!

Favourite games, apart from Daley Thompson's Decathlon, which was excellent but knackered your joystick....so to speak, were;

IK+ (International Karate+),
Barbarian: The Ultimate Warrior,
Commando,
Choplifter,
Dig Dug,
Hunchback,
Burnin Rubber,
Paperboy,
Wonder Boy,
Zaxxon,
Pit Stop II,
Pole Position,
International Soccer,
Monty on the run,
Batman: the movie,
Robocop,
Rambo: First Blood,
Last Ninja,
Kickstart 2,
California Games,
Rainbow Islands,
Frank Bruno's boxing,
The Dizzy Games (...was a series),
and
The Fabulous Wanda.

Also had an Amiga 500 (later on) and can remember enjoying 'The Secret of Monkey Island', 'Creatures', 'Kick off 2' and 'Sensible Soccer'.

...and a glorious, happy, waste of time it was too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 01:35 - May 23 with 3828 viewsEbo

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 00:45 - May 23 by Kerouac

C64 for me.
The Spectrum was dogshite, f*cking transparent graphics!

Favourite games, apart from Daley Thompson's Decathlon, which was excellent but knackered your joystick....so to speak, were;

IK+ (International Karate+),
Barbarian: The Ultimate Warrior,
Commando,
Choplifter,
Dig Dug,
Hunchback,
Burnin Rubber,
Paperboy,
Wonder Boy,
Zaxxon,
Pit Stop II,
Pole Position,
International Soccer,
Monty on the run,
Batman: the movie,
Robocop,
Rambo: First Blood,
Last Ninja,
Kickstart 2,
California Games,
Rainbow Islands,
Frank Bruno's boxing,
The Dizzy Games (...was a series),
and
The Fabulous Wanda.

Also had an Amiga 500 (later on) and can remember enjoying 'The Secret of Monkey Island', 'Creatures', 'Kick off 2' and 'Sensible Soccer'.

...and a glorious, happy, waste of time it was too.

You were not one of the cool kids then :)

I think in my year I could count on one hand the number of kids who had a C64 and around the same who had a BBC Micro. I remember one poor dab had an Oric.

Anyway I digress, it was handy having a lot of mates with speccys as it meant we could copy more games.

I had Elite, complete with the anti-piracy plastic gizmo you held to the screen to read a code to type in.

Not sure if I had a favourite game but spent many hours on Monty Mole, Jet Set Willy, Manic Miner, Daley Thompson, KnightLore, Fairlight, Football Manager and Commando.

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 05:55 - May 23 with 3794 viewsJackanapes

Speccy.
Avalon, Doomdarks revenge, Football manager .. w00t, Football director... double w00t., Knight Lore, Sabre Wulf, Attic Attack, Manic Miner..... sigh

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 07:07 - May 23 with 3777 viewsJackanapes

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 01:35 - May 23 by Ebo

You were not one of the cool kids then :)

I think in my year I could count on one hand the number of kids who had a C64 and around the same who had a BBC Micro. I remember one poor dab had an Oric.

Anyway I digress, it was handy having a lot of mates with speccys as it meant we could copy more games.

I had Elite, complete with the anti-piracy plastic gizmo you held to the screen to read a code to type in.

Not sure if I had a favourite game but spent many hours on Monty Mole, Jet Set Willy, Manic Miner, Daley Thompson, KnightLore, Fairlight, Football Manager and Commando.

My brother had an oric... for about 4 hours. Took it back. Shoite.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Login to get fewer ads

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 08:28 - May 23 with 3734 viewsBrynCartwright

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 22:46 - May 22 by blueytheblue

Spectrum Elite?

Ye gods...

Old school BBC Elite or nothing.

The source code is available from memory. Always fancied converting that into a modern programming language. Never got the time to do it tbh. Assembly language can be a pain to convert.

U must be crachach then Bluey, if you could afford a BBC Micro.

£399 wasn't it?

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 08:31 - May 23 with 3721 viewsMrSwerve

Anyone remember chickie egg? Remember playing it on my dad's BBC computer back in the day.

My first console was the Sega Mega Drive though. So many hours spent on that thing.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 08:38 - May 23 with 3715 viewsswanjackal

Graham Gooch Cricket, Sport of Kings, International Rugby Simulator, LA SWAT, Spy vs Spy, Hardball, Football Manager and its 17 minute loading time, Track Suit Manager......I could literally go on for hous, the list is endless.

C64 for me though. Have an emulator on my pc (as long as with an Amiga one, Mega drive, ps1, ps2,, SNES etc.) for c64 that I use to go back and visit these classics.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 08:50 - May 23 with 3707 views1462jack

C64 all day , had the C+4 as well
Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 09:22 - May 23 with 3687 viewsBanosswan

Obviously the c64. Revenge of the mutant camels is a classic.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 10:03 - May 23 with 3664 viewsLeonWasGod

Proper old skool on the ZX81 - I used to think this game was great

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 10:04 - May 23 with 3664 viewsblueytheblue

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 08:28 - May 23 by BrynCartwright

U must be crachach then Bluey, if you could afford a BBC Micro.

£399 wasn't it?

The game somehow made it onto school computers...

Then again, the school ended up getting rid of BBC machines in favour of RM Nimbus machines! Ehhhhh...

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 10:05 - May 23 with 3663 viewsblueytheblue

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 08:31 - May 23 by MrSwerve

Anyone remember chickie egg? Remember playing it on my dad's BBC computer back in the day.

My first console was the Sega Mega Drive though. So many hours spent on that thing.

Don't remember that but I do remember Chuckie Egg ;)

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 12:58 - May 23 with 3627 viewsUxbridge

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 10:05 - May 23 by blueytheblue

Ah Chuckie Egg. Awesome. Never could finish that final level. Argh!

Oh and Speccy 48k with the rubber keys FTW.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 13:13 - May 23 with 3613 viewsclement

remember the your sinclair free cover tape games?

chaos - war of the wizards
feud

Poll: who will be our manager next season?

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 13:16 - May 23 with 3608 viewsNeath_Jack

Am i the only one that had a Dragon 32? Or am i the only one who will admit to having one?

Had a spectrum the following xmas, not the poxy little rubber key one though.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 13:25 - May 23 with 3597 viewsMrSwerve

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 10:05 - May 23 by blueytheblue

Oops typo! Great game. Solid.

Anyone remember Joust?

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 13:27 - May 23 with 3592 viewsblueytheblue

Horace goes skiing.

Elite for me was an example of game playability over flashy graphics, story taking a few hours.

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 13:32 - May 23 with 3584 viewsBrynCartwright

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 13:16 - May 23 by Neath_Jack

Am i the only one that had a Dragon 32? Or am i the only one who will admit to having one?

The Dragon 32 and 64 K versions were made in Port Talbot, though I never knew anyone who had one.
Also, Spectrum gamers had the wonderful Crash magazine. It used to be the high point of my month when that little baby came out. Simpler days back then.

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 13:35 - May 23 with 3579 viewsEbo

Anyone remember the Vic 20?

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 13:36 - May 23 with 3577 viewsblueytheblue

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 13:16 - May 23 by Neath_Jack

I bet Trampie had one too.

He probably spend his childhood berating other kids for going with English nat computers rather than buying the computer of Wales.

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 13:37 - May 23 with 3576 viewsblueytheblue

Non Politics ZX Spectrum v C64 thread on 13:35 - May 23 by Ebo

Anyone remember the Vic 20?

Yeah, pre-cursor to C64.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024