Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corbyn on Terrorism 22:52 - May 25 with 7454 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-40053427

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Corbyn on Terrorism on 11:28 - May 26 with 882 viewscontroversial_jack

Corbyn on Terrorism on 11:14 - May 26 by blueytheblue

What would those better security measures be?

You raise the point "we are seen to be". The key is "seen". Perception isn't reality - Daesh recruiters care not for truth after all. Tales of atrocities that never happened are, I'm sure, being used. I'm also sure Daesh recruiters don't bother informing those they indoctrinate that they are equally adept at killing liberal Muslims too.

Long term, a better foreign policy would aid in not creating the next Daesh, I'd fully agree on that.

Labour's problem is they've no real policy on how they can address the direct issue right now - and that is formed by Corbyn and Andrew Murray both being integral in "Stop the War".

Daesh can only be defeated by liberating those regions they've enslaved.

These groups wouldn't exist if we and other countries hadn't intervened and changed their regimes
Corbyn on Terrorism on 11:34 - May 26 with 874 viewsJango

Corbyn on Terrorism on 11:14 - May 26 by blueytheblue

What would those better security measures be?

You raise the point "we are seen to be". The key is "seen". Perception isn't reality - Daesh recruiters care not for truth after all. Tales of atrocities that never happened are, I'm sure, being used. I'm also sure Daesh recruiters don't bother informing those they indoctrinate that they are equally adept at killing liberal Muslims too.

Long term, a better foreign policy would aid in not creating the next Daesh, I'd fully agree on that.

Labour's problem is they've no real policy on how they can address the direct issue right now - and that is formed by Corbyn and Andrew Murray both being integral in "Stop the War".

Daesh can only be defeated by liberating those regions they've enslaved.

Like we did in Iraq, then Afghan, then Libya and now Syria. Deluded mun
Corbyn on Terrorism on 11:36 - May 26 with 870 viewsblueytheblue

Corbyn on Terrorism on 11:28 - May 26 by controversial_jack

These groups wouldn't exist if we and other countries hadn't intervened and changed their regimes

Well, that's freaking great.

Unless you're claiming Corbyns policy will be to create a time machine, what precisely would Labour do to combat and defeat Daesh?

And yes, these groups would exist. It's stupid to claim otherwise, sects of Islam have been kicking the sh*t out of each other since Islam came into being... what, you think the establishment of a caliphate in the region embracing Sharia is some magical new desire that only was thought of after Iraq?

The reality is that Islam is still an immature religion. It's not gone through reformation stages, it's still not liberalised for the most part. That's the biggest underlying cause.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Corbyn on Terrorism on 12:01 - May 26 with 836 viewsperchrockjack

Greater minds than Jez have tried to solve the Middle East and failed .Why...because it's religion and Sects of a belief that are perpetuated from the mother s breast .

It's either them or us and right now "we" are worrying about what we ve done to them over the years .

I doubt they are that bothered about our human rights or whether we go to hell or not

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Corbyn on Terrorism on 12:05 - May 26 with 835 viewsLeonWasGod

Corbyn on Terrorism on 11:36 - May 26 by blueytheblue

Well, that's freaking great.

Unless you're claiming Corbyns policy will be to create a time machine, what precisely would Labour do to combat and defeat Daesh?

And yes, these groups would exist. It's stupid to claim otherwise, sects of Islam have been kicking the sh*t out of each other since Islam came into being... what, you think the establishment of a caliphate in the region embracing Sharia is some magical new desire that only was thought of after Iraq?

The reality is that Islam is still an immature religion. It's not gone through reformation stages, it's still not liberalised for the most part. That's the biggest underlying cause.

It's the focus on us that's the key. He's talking about home security.

But yep, the cat's out of the bag now so i'm not sure what he could do about it.
Corbyn on Terrorism on 12:10 - May 26 with 822 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Friends ?enemy's ?

What the f@ck is going on

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4540822/Rebels-went-Libya-MI5-blessing-a

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Corbyn on Terrorism on 12:11 - May 26 with 820 viewsblueytheblue

Corbyn on Terrorism on 12:05 - May 26 by LeonWasGod

It's the focus on us that's the key. He's talking about home security.

But yep, the cat's out of the bag now so i'm not sure what he could do about it.

Home security right now isn't helped by what he's saying though - longer term possibly. There's just no concept of dealing with the immediate problem - that's deliberate because Corbyn knows full well military action is needed.

That goes against his "Stop the War" politics.

The fact many are unwilling to address is the elephant in the room. We're not dealing with a logical force you can reason with, have summit meetings with... where the enemy are playing dirty, taking the moral high road has absolutely zero effect. "Keep doing what we do otherwise the terrorists win". Every terrorist attack is a win for Daesh.

Nothing should be out of bounds in terms of discussion for a solution to immediate problems. People may hate the concept of internship where there's not enough direct evidence to secure a conviction but it cannot be dismissed out of hand if the desire is to protect people's safety. If interning this suicide bomber had prevented this individual attack, then I'd say you'd have to be nuts to claim one person's human rights outweigh the lives of 22.

Corbyn on Terrorism on 12:12 - May 26 with 813 viewsperchrockjack

Corbin does NOT have an answer

Given the unfettered praise for him on her,would his followers disagree

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Login to get fewer ads

Corbyn on Terrorism on 12:21 - May 26 with 809 viewsBatterseajack

Corbyn does have an answer, increase the police force numbers so that we have a neighborhood police force that works for the communities and that people who suspect something can air their concerns and speak in confidence. Currently, ringing a 24 hour hotline and being put on hold for 30 mins isn't really doing it.
Corbyn on Terrorism on 12:37 - May 26 with 790 viewsblueytheblue

So prevent terrorism by having PCSOs.

That ignores the fact this is more an intelligence issue. This ignores the fact that by and large reporting within the community is minimal at best.

This also ignores the fact Corbyn over the last 34 years has voted against or abstained over ever single piece of anti-terrorism legislation presented to the HoC. Every single one. I suppose all must have been so incredibly poorly thought through he couldn't bring himself to find a single one to agree with.

Corbyn on Terrorism on 12:37 - May 26 with 791 viewsDarran

Corbyn on Terrorism on 12:21 - May 26 by Batterseajack

Corbyn does have an answer, increase the police force numbers so that we have a neighborhood police force that works for the communities and that people who suspect something can air their concerns and speak in confidence. Currently, ringing a 24 hour hotline and being put on hold for 30 mins isn't really doing it.

Of course thats the answer. Where's all the money going to come from for everything he talks about though. If he does everything he says over the next few years (including no cap on immigration) the country will be crippled surely.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Corbyn on Terrorism on 12:40 - May 26 with 786 viewsHighjack

Corbyn on Terrorism on 12:21 - May 26 by Batterseajack

Increasing the numbers isn't necessarily as important as increasing the quality and the trust the public have with the police force. Trust is at an all time low following all the Jimmy savile/hillsborough cover ups etc. To build trust police officers need to be known in their communities by their faces and their names, not by their numbers and they should be 100% accountable for their behaviour, any misdemeanours should not be swept under the carpet.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Corbyn on Terrorism on 12:45 - May 26 with 779 viewsLeonWasGod

Corbyn on Terrorism on 12:11 - May 26 by blueytheblue

Home security right now isn't helped by what he's saying though - longer term possibly. There's just no concept of dealing with the immediate problem - that's deliberate because Corbyn knows full well military action is needed.

That goes against his "Stop the War" politics.

The fact many are unwilling to address is the elephant in the room. We're not dealing with a logical force you can reason with, have summit meetings with... where the enemy are playing dirty, taking the moral high road has absolutely zero effect. "Keep doing what we do otherwise the terrorists win". Every terrorist attack is a win for Daesh.

Nothing should be out of bounds in terms of discussion for a solution to immediate problems. People may hate the concept of internship where there's not enough direct evidence to secure a conviction but it cannot be dismissed out of hand if the desire is to protect people's safety. If interning this suicide bomber had prevented this individual attack, then I'd say you'd have to be nuts to claim one person's human rights outweigh the lives of 22.

Incredibly hard to sort this out through military action though. It seems there's a spiders web of influential people across multiple countries. They don't even need to hold territory that can easily be bombed, as the Libyan links to the Manchester event shows. And every time we bomb, another group springs up.

I don't know what the answer is, but I'm pretty sure 'more bombs/guns' won't cut it.

As for the elephant in the room, I'm not sure what Diane Abbott has to do with it
Corbyn on Terrorism on 12:54 - May 26 with 758 viewsblueytheblue

Corbyn on Terrorism on 12:45 - May 26 by LeonWasGod

Incredibly hard to sort this out through military action though. It seems there's a spiders web of influential people across multiple countries. They don't even need to hold territory that can easily be bombed, as the Libyan links to the Manchester event shows. And every time we bomb, another group springs up.

I don't know what the answer is, but I'm pretty sure 'more bombs/guns' won't cut it.

As for the elephant in the room, I'm not sure what Diane Abbott has to do with it

Long term, needs to be more that pure military action absolutely.

Short term, it's clear Daesh need to be destroyed. Not for the sake of the West but for the slaughter of Muslims - especially those of a liberal bent.

Corbyn on Terrorism on 13:04 - May 26 with 742 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Corbyn on Terrorism on 12:37 - May 26 by Darran

Of course thats the answer. Where's all the money going to come from for everything he talks about though. If he does everything he says over the next few years (including no cap on immigration) the country will be crippled surely.

He's taxing the billionaires mush

Instead of giving them tax breaks

Read the manifesto mun

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Corbyn on Terrorism on 13:11 - May 26 with 734 viewsburty

I agree with corbyn on this subject a politician that tells the truth.
Corbyn on Terrorism on 13:12 - May 26 with 734 viewsDarran

Corbyn on Terrorism on 13:04 - May 26 by oh_tommy_tommy

He's taxing the billionaires mush

Instead of giving them tax breaks

Read the manifesto mun

I have read it but fuçk me there's not enough billionaires in the world to cover what he's going to spend.
[Post edited 26 May 2017 13:25]

Corbyn on Terrorism on 13:23 - May 26 with 727 viewsEbo

Corbyn on Terrorism on 10:36 - May 26 by blueytheblue

No mirrors in your house, Chris?

All that head slapping has given him a brain injury Chris. He can't debate sensibly and always end a conversation with his classic gambit of "But Corbyn..."

Stockholm syndrome.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Corbyn on Terrorism on 13:25 - May 26 with 718 viewsblueytheblue

Corbyn on Terrorism on 13:23 - May 26 by Ebo

All that head slapping has given him a brain injury Chris. He can't debate sensibly and always end a conversation with his classic gambit of "But Corbyn..."

Stockholm syndrome.

Hardly. Carry on with your delusions...

Corbyn on Terrorism on 13:26 - May 26 with 716 viewsDarran

It seems that most people other than Corbyn sycophants are saying that it was the wrong time for the speech anyway.

Corbyn on Terrorism on 13:30 - May 26 with 716 viewsLohengrin

Corbyn on Terrorism on 23:02 - May 25 by epaul

Well said JC

This is isn't the first time Manchester has been bombed, Paul, as you know. Listen to Corbyn. Play it back a few times and let it sink in.

We reaffirm support for, and solidarity with, the Irish republican movement. The overwhelming priority as active members of the British labour movement is to fight for and secure an unconditional British withdrawal.....It certainly appears to be the case that the British only sit up and take notice when they are bombed into it”.

The Labour Briefing. December, 1984

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Corbyn on Terrorism on 13:37 - May 26 with 710 viewsDarran

Corbyn on Terrorism on 13:30 - May 26 by Lohengrin

This is isn't the first time Manchester has been bombed, Paul, as you know. Listen to Corbyn. Play it back a few times and let it sink in.

We reaffirm support for, and solidarity with, the Irish republican movement. The overwhelming priority as active members of the British labour movement is to fight for and secure an unconditional British withdrawal.....It certainly appears to be the case that the British only sit up and take notice when they are bombed into it”.

The Labour Briefing. December, 1984

I played it back a few times what am I missing?

Corbyn on Terrorism on 13:39 - May 26 with 706 viewsLohengrin

Corbyn on Terrorism on 13:37 - May 26 by Darran

Try it with the speakers on!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Corbyn on Terrorism on 13:40 - May 26 with 704 viewsblueytheblue

Corbyn on Terrorism on 13:37 - May 26 by Darran

I might be wrong but you're missing Corbyn spectacularly refusing to condemn IRA actions in the Manchester bombing, hanging up when being repeatedly asked.

Corbyn on Terrorism on 13:41 - May 26 with 704 viewsDarran

Corbyn on Terrorism on 13:39 - May 26 by Lohengrin

Try it with the speakers on!

I have.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024