Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Final election predictions 19:44 - Jun 7 with 16328 viewsexiledclaseboy

What's yours? What you think WILL happen not what you WANT to happen. Post them here and we can all laugh at the wrong ones on Thursday night/Friday morning.

Tory majority of 53 I reckon.

Poll: Tory leader

Final election predictions on 21:59 - Jun 7 with 1518 viewsblueytheblue

Final election predictions on 21:47 - Jun 7 by builthjack

Clever fella. Mother English, as was his grandfather, a QC.

My constituency is a straight fight between the Tory Chris fiddler, and the Lib Dem, James Gibson-Watt.

Umunna ( or someone from his office ) was found to have editted his wikipedia entry to read ( paraphrasing from memory ) "He has often been described as Britain's Obama".

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Final election predictions on 22:04 - Jun 7 with 1509 viewsblueytheblue

Getting back on topic...

Tory win with an increased majority. The size of the majority on the other hand could be as low as 20, could be as high as 100+.

Any increase will be a massive blow to Corbyn, if the Lib Dem number of MPs stays the same. Can see SNP losing some seats, if they lose to Tories and not Labour... Corbyn has problems.

Against an unpopular government who ran a poor campaign, for Labour to have lost any seats is a disaster.

Final election predictions on 22:11 - Jun 7 with 1497 viewsskippyjack

Final election predictions on 21:18 - Jun 7 by exiledclaseboy

That would set the cat very firmly amongst the pigeons. No chance though.

Obviously.. a day.. and i'm not even in the recovery room.. receiving Labour lifesaving treatment in my own country.. I can't even look at Diane Abbott.. and how utterly f*cking stupid she is.. someone tell her for f*ck sake.. or lock her up somewhere.

What do you think lads?

Stroke?
Heart Attack?
Mental Asylum for the obviously deranged?

Have a vote if you want.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Final election predictions on 22:12 - Jun 7 with 1498 viewsNeathJack

Final election predictions on 22:14 - Jun 7 with 1488 viewsskippyjack

Final election predictions on 21:45 - Jun 7 by oh_tommy_tommy

Tory landslide

There I've said it .

Unless they can put my life back together within a day.. which is impossible.

I did my best Tommy.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Final election predictions on 22:16 - Jun 7 with 1483 viewsblueytheblue

Final election predictions on 22:11 - Jun 7 by skippyjack

Obviously.. a day.. and i'm not even in the recovery room.. receiving Labour lifesaving treatment in my own country.. I can't even look at Diane Abbott.. and how utterly f*cking stupid she is.. someone tell her for f*ck sake.. or lock her up somewhere.

What do you think lads?

Stroke?
Heart Attack?
Mental Asylum for the obviously deranged?

Have a vote if you want.

None of the above, skippy.

If I had to guess, which is all anyone can do, I'd suggest type 2 diabetes.

Final election predictions on 22:18 - Jun 7 with 1474 viewsDarran

Bluey will be going for Hilary Swanks beautiful sister Gloria tomorrow night.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Final election predictions on 22:22 - Jun 7 with 1463 viewslonglostjack

Tory majority 17

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Login to get fewer ads

Final election predictions on 22:23 - Jun 7 with 1460 viewsblueytheblue

Final election predictions on 22:18 - Jun 7 by Darran

It's like deja vu all over again.

I will have a wry grin over Owen Jones having made a fool of himself yet again though.

Can't see May lasting as PM for many years past Brexit tbh.

Final election predictions on 22:26 - Jun 7 with 1449 viewsbuilthjack

Final election predictions on 22:18 - Jun 7 by Darran

Shouting "Theresa , oh Theresa"

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Final election predictions on 22:27 - Jun 7 with 1448 viewsDarran

Final election predictions on 22:26 - Jun 7 by builthjack

Shouting "Theresa , oh Theresa"

Indeed.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Final election predictions on 22:35 - Jun 7 with 1429 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Can you have a majority of an odd number?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Final election predictions on 22:36 - Jun 7 with 1428 viewslondonlisa2001

Tory majority of 40 is my guess.

ICYMI, final spread betting from IG ends up as:

Conservative - 368-374
Labour - 197-202
LibDem - 9.5-11.5
SNP - 44.5-46.5

I'd be very surprised i must say.
Final election predictions on 22:40 - Jun 7 with 1419 viewsGlyn1

(1) I buy this year's holiday Euros as soon as possible on Thursday before the exchange rate really goes down (whoever gets elected).

(2) The Conservatives are returned with an increased majority of between 50 and 80.

(3) Labour regains the consitutency of Gower.

(4) Pro-Corbyn Labour supporters say that his surprisingly good showing proves that he is doing a good job and should lead them into the next election as well.

(5) Anti-Corbyn Labour supporters say that this election was there for the taking and could have been won with a half-decent Labour leader.

(6) Prime Minister Theresa May stands outside Downing Street and says that one of the first priorities for the Brexit negotiations that are starting this month, is to strengthen the British negotiating team with hard, capable negotiators. In the background, the negotiators who sold the Olympic Stadium to West Ham wave shyly to the photographers.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2017 22:41]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Final election predictions on 22:41 - Jun 7 with 1414 viewsthe_oracle

73 majority to the maybot. Awful.
Final election predictions on 22:43 - Jun 7 with 1405 viewsSgorioFruit

Pro Plaid

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Final election predictions on 22:58 - Jun 7 with 1368 viewsjack2jack

Final election predictions on 20:05 - Jun 7 by max936

Torys win to go back on everything they've said and lie their way through Parliament for the next 4 yrs or so

That said Labour would probably do the same. Wouldn't believe anything any of them say, they all know which side their bread is buttered and who to keep onside, snivelling bunch of self serving lying hypocrites the fecking lot of them.

Spot on Max, said pretty much the same thing in various other threads,it's all a load of bolloxs.
Final election predictions on 00:03 - Jun 8 with 1329 viewsKerouac

I reckon Tory majority of 50+ but who knows, strangest election of my lifetime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Final election predictions on 00:37 - Jun 8 with 1311 viewsHighjack

103 majority

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Final election predictions on 02:32 - Jun 8 with 1280 viewsJackTheLad

Coalition of Labour, Lib Dems, Greens and SNP I honestly believe we will see... And far happier to see it I will be than to see another 5 years of cruel tory politics.. Many people on the left are feeling very optimistic despite the negativity on here. Corbyns already down from 20-1 to 5/2 at the bookies and I for one can smell a victory in the air. Theresa isn't trusted anymore after all the terror attacks, cutting police and allowing these people to slip through the net.

Corbyn is clearly the one galvanising the people, the young, working class, poor, elderly, disabled, students, teachers, doctors, nurses... the list goes on. Theresa has hid and been to scared to debate him... think you're all being a little too confident

Poll: Who would you like to see take over long term as Manager?

Final election predictions on 04:30 - Jun 8 with 1261 viewsGlyn1

Final election predictions on 22:58 - Jun 7 by jack2jack

Spot on Max, said pretty much the same thing in various other threads,it's all a load of bolloxs.

You're talking garbage. And you know it.

Elections don't change anything? If we'd elected a Labour government as the experts predicted we would two years ago, then we wouldn't have had a referendum and we would still be in the EU. Doesn't matter whether you think that would be good or bad. Elections make a difference.

And don't you dare disparage my local MP - or any other MP, whatever their party - my own MP is a hard worker who is getting paid half what a doctor is, when she is making a lot more of a difference, and probably saving more lives.

I don't care how you vote, but just go out and vote.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2017 4:40]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Final election predictions on 05:58 - Jun 8 with 1223 viewsexiledclaseboy

Final election predictions on 22:04 - Jun 7 by blueytheblue

Getting back on topic...

Tory win with an increased majority. The size of the majority on the other hand could be as low as 20, could be as high as 100+.

Any increase will be a massive blow to Corbyn, if the Lib Dem number of MPs stays the same. Can see SNP losing some seats, if they lose to Tories and not Labour... Corbyn has problems.

Against an unpopular government who ran a poor campaign, for Labour to have lost any seats is a disaster.

So any Tory win would be a triumph for May then? Despite the fact that she clearly only put everyone through this farce because she expected a landslide. She may well get one of course. But let's not pretend that a majority of, say, 20 will be delightful for them.

"Unpopular government"? They were 20-25 points up in the polls mun. Still comfortably ahead in most of them. The election was called purely because the opposition was so unpopular. Six weeks ago they were the very opposite of an unpopular government. Now that May's been exposed as the incompetent fraud she is maybe not so much. But they'll still win.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2017 7:25]

Poll: Tory leader

Final election predictions on 08:55 - Jun 8 with 1169 viewsUxbridge

Final election predictions on 05:58 - Jun 8 by exiledclaseboy

So any Tory win would be a triumph for May then? Despite the fact that she clearly only put everyone through this farce because she expected a landslide. She may well get one of course. But let's not pretend that a majority of, say, 20 will be delightful for them.

"Unpopular government"? They were 20-25 points up in the polls mun. Still comfortably ahead in most of them. The election was called purely because the opposition was so unpopular. Six weeks ago they were the very opposite of an unpopular government. Now that May's been exposed as the incompetent fraud she is maybe not so much. But they'll still win.

Indeed.

Ironically I think Corbyn is likely to be the only winner in this. He's become far more credible as a result of this election campaign. The hurdles of a toxic media and his own party intent on self-harming and undermining at every opportunity always made a majority completely out of the question, but this election has proven that his brand of politics has a significant support in the country. Whatever happens in the future, those Labour MP's talking about splitting off will be starting from a much lower base that it previously looked.

On the flip side, May has managed the complete opposite and even if they increase their majority the Tories look weak across the board. Difficult to see her lasting the 5 years, although difficult to see who would replace her ... PM Boris by the end of Brexit. Now there's a thought.

If the Liberals got their act together, or a new party formed, it would do rather well. The political landscape is primed for a competent, inspiring, inclusive party which could hoover up those disenfranchised not just from the increasingly left/right focused main parties but also those turned off politics as a whole.

Oh, and my personal bugbear, FPTP. This election, more than ever, has demonstrated that the system is broken.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2017 8:57]

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Final election predictions on 09:01 - Jun 8 with 1143 viewsyescomeon

Hung parliament Labour minority gov with SNP, Plaid, Greens and Lib Dems. Hopefully we'll see some Plaid gains too. Ynys Mon and Ceredigion.

I'm gutted by the whole thing as my postal vote never showed up.

Upthecity!

Final election predictions on 09:05 - Jun 8 with 1137 viewsblueytheblue

Final election predictions on 05:58 - Jun 8 by exiledclaseboy

No, any Tory win isn't a triumph. If the majority remains the same or closes, it's an absolute disaster for the Tories.

Any Tory government is "unpopular" to many. In this instance, Labour have been far, far worse. It's been a terrible Tory campaign.

Tories will win with an increased majority, showing Corbyn's support to be a very vocal minority. Mooted replacements for Corbyn like Clive Lewis may not even be re-elected.

What I see is that we know Hammond will be gone at the first reshuffle. I can't see May lasting that long past Brexit.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024