Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
London tower block on fire 05:32 - Jun 14 with 71740 viewsSwansNZ

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-40269625

Sounds like some people might be trapped.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

London tower block on fire on 01:26 - Jun 20 with 2515 viewsdailew

"Local resident claims '42 bodies found huddled together in one room' at Grenfell Tower after 'hiding' from blaze"

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/local-resident-claims-42-bodies-10647875

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

London tower block on fire on 04:20 - Jun 20 with 2486 viewsHumpty

London tower block on fire on 01:26 - Jun 20 by dailew

"Local resident claims '42 bodies found huddled together in one room' at Grenfell Tower after 'hiding' from blaze"

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/local-resident-claims-42-bodies-10647875

That's not what the Mirror said David.

You've changed what the Mirror said. You've added your own quote marks around the word hiding. You've turned it into 'hiding' for some reason. I'm guessing it means you don't actually think they were 'hiding'.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but your also pushing the narrative that there's loads of illegal immigrants living in that tower block.

What are you suggesting David? They were not really 'hiding' but there were actually 42 people living in one flat?
London tower block on fire on 06:30 - Jun 20 with 2469 viewswaynekerr55

London tower block on fire on 20:47 - Jun 19 by Shaky

Yup.

I practice an esoteric form of technical market analysis, and having studdied extensive charts of property prices closed my sale . . .in early 2006.

Thought I was a fcuking genius. And have underperformed since accordingly.

Still was aware at the time that my analysis might be out by one degree. I remain convinced the biggie is coming. Soon.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2017 20:49]

Well depending on when you bought yours is suggest you still did quite well 😉😂

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

London tower block on fire on 09:11 - Jun 20 with 2429 viewsBrynmill_Jack

London tower block on fire on 04:20 - Jun 20 by Humpty

You've changed what the Mirror said. You've added your own quote marks around the word hiding. You've turned it into 'hiding' for some reason. I'm guessing it means you don't actually think they were 'hiding'.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but your also pushing the narrative that there's loads of illegal immigrants living in that tower block.

What are you suggesting David? They were not really 'hiding' but there were actually 42 people living in one flat?

There were only one and two bed flats in the block so I guess in fairness the 42 just were terrified friends and neighbours and wanted to be together in that unimaginable situation.

I can't see 42 illegals living in one flat unless the didn't move all day and slept standing up.

Even if there were illegals living there, and if people are going to say "illegals, shouldn't have been here see. Tut tut" then they're showing the humanity of a psychopath.

If that WERE the case, that there were illegal immigrants hiding or staying in the block then it's just another massive systemic failure on top of the original massive systemic failure which allowed a cash rich council with millions of pounds in surplus cash not to spend an extra £5000 or whatever, the price of a sh*tty second hand car to ensure (potentially) many hundreds of people werent incinerated in terror.

If there were illegals in there in numbers God knows how many died?

I'm beginning to wonder if certain elements of the press (mail,express , sun, star) are treating this like something that's happening over in Syria because of the main demographic that lived there. Especially when not one of them has the courage to come out and say "there could be hundreds dead in there".

D notice or not, illegal immigrants or not we are in for a horrible shock I fear.

I truly hope not, and that when the council said they'd rehoused 109 families they weren't referring to people being evacuated who lived nearby. But the misinformation is making me feel more and more uneasy as each day passes.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

London tower block on fire on 09:22 - Jun 20 with 2418 viewsfelixstowe_jack

I just think everyone should wait for the result of the public enquiry rather than repeating paper talk, gossip and promoting their own bigoted views.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

London tower block on fire on 09:38 - Jun 20 with 2392 viewsBrynmill_Jack

London tower block on fire on 09:22 - Jun 20 by felixstowe_jack

I just think everyone should wait for the result of the public enquiry rather than repeating paper talk, gossip and promoting their own bigoted views.

What, wait ten years????

London tower block on fire on 09:38 - Jun 20 with 2392 viewslondonlisa2001

London tower block on fire on 09:11 - Jun 20 by Brynmill_Jack

There were only one and two bed flats in the block so I guess in fairness the 42 just were terrified friends and neighbours and wanted to be together in that unimaginable situation.

I can't see 42 illegals living in one flat unless the didn't move all day and slept standing up.

Even if there were illegals living there, and if people are going to say "illegals, shouldn't have been here see. Tut tut" then they're showing the humanity of a psychopath.

If that WERE the case, that there were illegal immigrants hiding or staying in the block then it's just another massive systemic failure on top of the original massive systemic failure which allowed a cash rich council with millions of pounds in surplus cash not to spend an extra £5000 or whatever, the price of a sh*tty second hand car to ensure (potentially) many hundreds of people werent incinerated in terror.

If there were illegals in there in numbers God knows how many died?

I'm beginning to wonder if certain elements of the press (mail,express , sun, star) are treating this like something that's happening over in Syria because of the main demographic that lived there. Especially when not one of them has the courage to come out and say "there could be hundreds dead in there".

D notice or not, illegal immigrants or not we are in for a horrible shock I fear.

I truly hope not, and that when the council said they'd rehoused 109 families they weren't referring to people being evacuated who lived nearby. But the misinformation is making me feel more and more uneasy as each day passes.

Brynnie - the situation is incredibly difficult re numbers.

There are undoubtedly more people missing than we know about. Similarly there are more people fine than the 180 families that have so far been given financial support. Corbyn mentioned 'over 400' that need to be rehomed on Sunday.

It will take a while to establish how many fatalities there are and even longer to establish who they are. In the meantime speculation doesn't gain very much. The Met have announced that people without legal right to remain should still declare themselves to the authorities and have confirmed that no action will be taken over their status, as there are reports of families getting out but not telling the officials that they are fine (because they are concerned about what will happen). The family that had been declared missing that was found yesterday to be fine and not even living in the building (they'd sub let) is another example of why this is so hard.

They should declare an amnesty on all immigration or sub letting issues to allow people to come forward with information that will help.

As an aside, there is no 'D' notice.
London tower block on fire (n/t) on 10:55 - Jun 20 with 2357 viewsdailew

London tower block on fire on 04:20 - Jun 20 by Humpty

WTF are you on about? I've asked the Mirror to clarify things for you. Here's the page to save you clicking on it.

You should get a job for your beloved mediamaters scrutinising the media.

You seem real good at it.

[Post edited 20 Jun 2017 10:55]

Login to get fewer ads

London tower block on fire (n/t) on 11:12 - Jun 20 with 2338 viewsHumpty

London tower block on fire (n/t) on 10:55 - Jun 20 by dailew

WTF are you on about? I've asked the Mirror to clarify things for you. Here's the page to save you clicking on it.

I'm not doubting lot's of dead people were found in one flat David. I'm just annoyed that someone who keeps banging on about illegal immigrants is saying 'hiding' instead of hiding. As if he doesn't believe it. Perhaps you'ld like to explain why you did that.

I've just finished four 12 hour night shifts Dave. And most of the time I had the radio on. On one of those shifts I heard the story of one brave women who was in contact with people outside the tower via a phone. She was on one of the higher floors. People coming down the stairs couldn't go any further due to the smoke so she kept going outside to get them into her flat. They all perished in the end. Maybe it was her flat Dave. Who knows. It f*cking upset me to hear it though.

Anyway. Why did you put quotation marks around the word hiding Dave? Simple question.
London tower block on fire (n/t) on 11:15 - Jun 20 with 2334 viewsHumpty

London tower block on fire (n/t) on 11:12 - Jun 20 by Humpty

I'm not doubting lot's of dead people were found in one flat David. I'm just annoyed that someone who keeps banging on about illegal immigrants is saying 'hiding' instead of hiding. As if he doesn't believe it. Perhaps you'ld like to explain why you did that.

I've just finished four 12 hour night shifts Dave. And most of the time I had the radio on. On one of those shifts I heard the story of one brave women who was in contact with people outside the tower via a phone. She was on one of the higher floors. People coming down the stairs couldn't go any further due to the smoke so she kept going outside to get them into her flat. They all perished in the end. Maybe it was her flat Dave. Who knows. It f*cking upset me to hear it though.

Anyway. Why did you put quotation marks around the word hiding Dave? Simple question.

Aaaw! Just read it. Sorry Dave.
London tower block on fire (n/t) on 11:20 - Jun 20 with 2324 viewsHumpty

London tower block on fire (n/t) on 11:15 - Jun 20 by Humpty

Aaaw! Just read it. Sorry Dave.

I read the story Dave but didn't see the headline you were quoting. I'm a tw*t. I apologise.
London tower block on fire on 11:40 - Jun 20 with 2299 viewsLeonWasGod

Oops. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40330789

Surely May can't stick to her line that this was "unexpected". All-party parliamentary group raised concerns about tower block fire safety including specific issues here - fire spread with cladding, lack of sprinklers, etc. Lib Dem member of the coalition government batted them away.

And this on top of the concerns raised by the Grenfell Action Group.

Be interesting to see how this one is defended....
London tower block on fire on 11:50 - Jun 20 with 2288 viewsHumpty

London tower block on fire on 11:40 - Jun 20 by LeonWasGod

Oops. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40330789

Surely May can't stick to her line that this was "unexpected". All-party parliamentary group raised concerns about tower block fire safety including specific issues here - fire spread with cladding, lack of sprinklers, etc. Lib Dem member of the coalition government batted them away.

And this on top of the concerns raised by the Grenfell Action Group.

Be interesting to see how this one is defended....

That is prety f*cking damning isn't it?

Heads surely have to roll.
London tower block on fire (n/t) on 11:51 - Jun 20 with 2282 viewsDarran

London tower block on fire (n/t) on 11:20 - Jun 20 by Humpty

I read the story Dave but didn't see the headline you were quoting. I'm a tw*t. I apologise.

You need to stop trying to ridicule everyone Hump because you sound like a çunt.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

London tower block on fire (n/t) on 11:53 - Jun 20 with 2276 viewsdailew

London tower block on fire (n/t) on 11:20 - Jun 20 by Humpty

Fair enough. Done that myself.

London tower block on fire on 11:54 - Jun 20 with 2272 viewsLeonWasGod

London tower block on fire on 11:50 - Jun 20 by Humpty

That is prety f*cking damning isn't it?

Heads surely have to roll.

It's awful. You'd like to think someone's going to swing for it. Hopefully it won't end up getting kicked into the long grass and people have to fight to be heard, like Hillsborough.
London tower block on fire on 12:16 - Jun 20 with 2247 viewsBrynmill_Jack

London tower block on fire on 09:38 - Jun 20 by londonlisa2001

Brynnie - the situation is incredibly difficult re numbers.

There are undoubtedly more people missing than we know about. Similarly there are more people fine than the 180 families that have so far been given financial support. Corbyn mentioned 'over 400' that need to be rehomed on Sunday.

It will take a while to establish how many fatalities there are and even longer to establish who they are. In the meantime speculation doesn't gain very much. The Met have announced that people without legal right to remain should still declare themselves to the authorities and have confirmed that no action will be taken over their status, as there are reports of families getting out but not telling the officials that they are fine (because they are concerned about what will happen). The family that had been declared missing that was found yesterday to be fine and not even living in the building (they'd sub let) is another example of why this is so hard.

They should declare an amnesty on all immigration or sub letting issues to allow people to come forward with information that will help.

As an aside, there is no 'D' notice.

Agree with the absolute nightmare of knowing who is where. And an amnesty? Absolutely. We don't want people going through this and then having the trauma of deportation.

As for no D notice, they would say if there was one though surely (and I know, you're going to say that they can't win regarding what I say there).

But I have never seen a situation where the papers are silent on the POTENTIAL number of casualties. Now perhaps they've been taking decency pills but I'm more inclined to think that , with no D notice in force there must be some other motivation for this ignorance of this rather large Elephant in the room.

The tragic events of Finsbury park have shifted focus with amazing speed away from Grenfell house. And Brexit is now top of the pile. With respect neither is more important , anywhere near as much as this terrible event. The government should have called off the negotiations indefinitely to concentrate on this situation. Finsbury park obviously mustn't be forgotten but at least the d*ckhead is in custody.

They're just hiding away from the enormity of this catastrophe. And still there are reports of victims sleeping in cars and in parks . WTF?????

London tower block on fire on 12:39 - Jun 20 with 2228 viewsfelixstowe_jack

London tower block on fire on 09:38 - Jun 20 by Brynmill_Jack

What, wait ten years????

Better than idle speculation based on no evidence. The Public enquiries after both the Bradford and King Cross fires have made football grounds and the underground much safer.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

London tower block on fire on 12:50 - Jun 20 with 2209 viewsShaky

London tower block on fire on 06:30 - Jun 20 by waynekerr55

Well depending on when you bought yours is suggest you still did quite well 😉😂

I did!

But thinking about it again I realise I sold in 2007.

Thought I had hit the very top of the market for several years, following quite a bit of data gathering and analysis . Next step was to have been an attempt to walk on water ;-)

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

London tower block on fire (n/t) on 12:53 - Jun 20 with 2203 viewsShaky

London tower block on fire (n/t) on 10:55 - Jun 20 by dailew

Wow, Dailew's an ace html coder just like Honest Bluey. And that's clearly not where the similarities end either.

Misology -- It's a bitch

London tower block on fire on 12:59 - Jun 20 with 2195 viewswaynekerr55

London tower block on fire on 12:50 - Jun 20 by Shaky

I did!

But thinking about it again I realise I sold in 2007.

Thought I had hit the very top of the market for several years, following quite a bit of data gathering and analysis . Next step was to have been an attempt to walk on water ;-)

Even better - right at the top of the market.

On another note, good to see Dr Cable launching his leadership bid.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

London tower block on fire on 13:11 - Jun 20 with 2177 viewsBrynmill_Jack

London tower block on fire on 12:39 - Jun 20 by felixstowe_jack

Better than idle speculation based on no evidence. The Public enquiries after both the Bradford and King Cross fires have made football grounds and the underground much safer.

I think we have already heard about the DEFINITE cause of the fire spreading so quickly from this expert witness.

https://www.facebook.com/peopleforcorbyn/posts/1365112310233142

Also here is some damning evidence
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40330789

The trouble with what you say is that you come across as someone who trusts the government to tell the truth and not act out of self interest.

Given the way that the Bloody Sunday, Hillsborough and child sex abuse inquiries have gone nobody in their right minds would trust them.

Especially as it would appear that a few are implicated in this act of gross negligence.

If there are other people in blocks the same as these with that same cladding encasing them then this is a matter of beyond urgency.

People must be protected from the actions of THEIR OWN GOVERNMENT.

London tower block on fire (n/t) on 14:24 - Jun 20 with 2145 viewsdailew

London tower block on fire (n/t) on 12:53 - Jun 20 by Shaky

Wow, Dailew's an ace html coder just like Honest Bluey. And that's clearly not where the similarities end either.

Wow, Shaky uses words just like Hitler did. And that's clearly not where the similarities end either.

London tower block on fire on 14:48 - Jun 20 with 2125 viewsShaky

See what I did there?

W@nker.

Misology -- It's a bitch

London tower block on fire on 14:50 - Jun 20 with 2117 viewsdailew

London tower block on fire on 14:48 - Jun 20 by Shaky

See what I did there?

W@nker.

Wow, Hitler used to have petulant rants and insult people as well !!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024