Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Real wages falling 19:34 - Jun 14 with 5302 viewsdeanscfc

It's now beyond any doubt that people really did vote to make themselves poorer on June 23rd 2016. That crash in the £ the morning of the referendum results never recovered and here we are one year later after months of price rises and inflation is outpacing any wage growth. Still, leavers know best...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/uk-growth-rate-miss-april-expect

Time we scrapped this Brexit shambles or made it softer than the tackles that Chico Flores used to go down from.
Real wages falling on 10:23 - Jun 15 with 1251 viewsjojaca

F**k um.

Even when you know, you never know?

Real wages falling on 10:33 - Jun 15 with 1245 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Real wages falling on 20:33 - Jun 14 by deanscfc

That all sounds fine but if you look at studies on EU immigration (anecdotal evidence just isn't good enough), then any impact on wages is minimal if it exists.

Secondly, the jobs are there. Unemployment is low. We have shortages in many areas and in supposed unskilled areas many British people just do not want to do those jobs.

Here's the thing, (and many leavers will love this)...EU immigration has started to fall as those feeling unwelcome go back to the continent. In the months that has happened our economy has posted the very worst growth figures of all 'advanced' economies in the world with just 0.2% growth and real wages have fallen as prices keep rising due to the referendum crashed £. Germany also seems to be doing very well with high immigration. Immigration isn't the issue here...a ill informed vote taken on June 23rd 2016 is.

So you'd work for minimum wage then?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Real wages falling on 10:39 - Jun 15 with 1236 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Real wages falling on 07:39 - Jun 15 by johnlangy

And that buffoon may soon be PM. You couldn't make it up.

Independence for West Anglia I say.

If Boris Johnson goes head to head with Corbyn it will result in a landslide. For labour.
Besides he may well be politically damaged beyond repair by then .

Real wages falling on 10:41 - Jun 15 with 1229 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Real wages falling on 21:11 - Jun 14 by deanscfc

I should add that this will probably be my last post on this thread as i'm short of time this week but the point I wanted to make was that all the evidence says this has already made British people worse off and that should not be forgotten. I seriously think it is time that some people have a rethink about whether they still believe what leave campaigners like Boris Johnson told them when they so casually said "we'll have our cake and eat it".
[Post edited 14 Jun 2017 21:14]

What a shame. I was dying to know if you'd be happy coming down from your ivory tower to work for the minimum wage.

Real wages falling on 14:00 - Jun 15 with 1187 viewsyescomeon

Real wages falling on 09:13 - Jun 15 by ItchySphincter

So what's the point in that then?

Hardship for a few generations and then a return to where we were?

F*ck me, a perfect example of why some people shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Sovereignty or something like that... I've no idea. I voted remain. I think the UK is on the wrong side of history on this one. The nation state is on it's way out.

Upthecity!

Real wages falling on 15:11 - Jun 15 with 1162 viewstrampie

Real wages falling on 10:39 - Jun 15 by Brynmill_Jack

If Boris Johnson goes head to head with Corbyn it will result in a landslide. For labour.
Besides he may well be politically damaged beyond repair by then .

Labour don't care about Wales just like the Conservatives, Libs at least were for home rule and had support in Wales, Scotland and Cornwall back in the day, Plaid want whats best for Wales.

The poorest areas of Wales have Labour councils, Labour am's, Labour pm's, Labour in charge in the Bae and in the past Labour in charge in Westminster.
I don't know if you have seen the lists on the net of the poorest areas in Wales and who is in charge and its back to back Labour and that is not isolated its been like that for years, no wonder some people think Labour deliberately keep people poor to try and keep their vote by saying they would be worse off with the other lot, if they did not keep them poor they might become Conservative votes [and there is lots of merit to that argument].

Labour will do what's best for the 53 million people in England before the 3 million in Wales.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Real wages falling on 15:39 - Jun 15 with 1155 viewswaynekerr55

Real wages falling on 15:11 - Jun 15 by trampie

Labour don't care about Wales just like the Conservatives, Libs at least were for home rule and had support in Wales, Scotland and Cornwall back in the day, Plaid want whats best for Wales.

The poorest areas of Wales have Labour councils, Labour am's, Labour pm's, Labour in charge in the Bae and in the past Labour in charge in Westminster.
I don't know if you have seen the lists on the net of the poorest areas in Wales and who is in charge and its back to back Labour and that is not isolated its been like that for years, no wonder some people think Labour deliberately keep people poor to try and keep their vote by saying they would be worse off with the other lot, if they did not keep them poor they might become Conservative votes [and there is lots of merit to that argument].

Labour will do what's best for the 53 million people in England before the 3 million in Wales.

"I don't know if you have seen the lists on the net of the poorest areas in Wales and who is in charge and its back to back Labour and that is not isolated its been like that for years, no wonder some people think Labour deliberately keep people poor to try and keep their vote by saying they would be worse off with the other lot, if they did not keep them poor they might become Conservative votes [and there is lots of merit to that argument]. "

Take one, it's on me

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Real wages falling on 15:48 - Jun 15 with 1148 viewsFlashberryjack

Real wages falling on 10:41 - Jun 15 by Brynmill_Jack

What a shame. I was dying to know if you'd be happy coming down from your ivory tower to work for the minimum wage.

I'm sure there's a hard working polish person that could do his job for half the wages......all's good.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

Real wages falling on 16:39 - Jun 15 with 1133 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Real wages falling on 15:48 - Jun 15 by Flashberryjack

I'm sure there's a hard working polish person that could do his job for half the wages......all's good.

And there's the EU problem in a nutshell. But more so with unskilled Romanians and Bulgarians being exploited.

Real wages falling on 17:44 - Jun 15 with 1116 viewsfelixstowe_jack

They are not being exploited they get at least twice the wages in the UK that they could earn in Romania and Bulgaria plus they get free health care, free education, child benefits no wonder they want to work here. Perhaps the EU should insist on the same minimum wage in all 28 countries.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Real wages falling on 18:19 - Jun 15 with 1097 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Real wages falling on 17:44 - Jun 15 by felixstowe_jack

They are not being exploited they get at least twice the wages in the UK that they could earn in Romania and Bulgaria plus they get free health care, free education, child benefits no wonder they want to work here. Perhaps the EU should insist on the same minimum wage in all 28 countries.

So you would work for the minimum wage too eh? You're very noble. They are being exploited. They are being housed three sharing a bedroom , or in containers (!) on farms to pick strawberries for £4 an hour.

Fair play, you are one of the poorest wums I've ever seen on here. Either that or incredibly dense

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024