Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This fire ... 23:25 - Jun 17 with 3642 viewsLoyal

If it happened in say Inverness as an example, would there be anywhere near the coverage, media and social comment that there has been ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

This fire ... on 21:31 - Jun 18 with 1210 viewscontroversial_jack

This fire ... on 20:39 - Jun 18 by Shaky

Think I have a pretty good idea of who you are. And for the avoidance of doubt I mean that both in general terms, and - thanks to your turn of phrase - also specifically.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2017 20:52]

I've heard that the cladding used has been banned in this country, so let's hope charges are pressed
This fire ... on 21:35 - Jun 18 with 1199 viewsKilkennyjack

This fire ... on 17:14 - Jun 18 by controversial_jack

I believe all the regs were complied with, they may not be good enough, but if the contractors have followed them then that's their arses covered. Don't hold your breath for any convictions.

Yes and you are correct.

It seems now that the Tories are saying it was not legal here.

'Chancellor Philip Hammond has said that the controversial non fire-resistant cladding fitted to Grenfell Tower is in fact banned in the UK.

In the days after the tragedy occurred, attention has focused on the the panels that were fitted to the outside of the tower last year that have been labelled flammable by German and US authorities and banned from use on high rise buildings.

Asked about this by the BBC’s Andrew Marr, the Chancellor said: “My understanding is the cladding in question, this flammable cladding which is banned in Europe and the US, is also banned here.'

Beware of the Risen People

This fire ... on 21:36 - Jun 18 with 1192 viewsDJack

This fire ... on 14:15 - Jun 18 by SPboy

Morally corrupt? Political ideology? You know nothing about me.

The trouble with you lefty leaning, liberal, laissez-faire, reactionaries you are always quick to point the finger after an event. Unable to accept alternative viewpoints. Yet,when given power so far up yourselves and full of self importance, surrounding yourselves with bureaucracy you fail to get anything done. If that is your political ideology, crack on.

You should try & get elected to Swansea city council mate, no vision, no ambition, happy to be the doormat of the capital city and Welsh Labour. Self righteous nob

"laissez-faire, reactionaries"...How does that work then?

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

This fire ... on 06:24 - Jun 19 with 1133 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Jonathan Pie's take on things

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

This fire ... on 08:23 - Jun 19 with 1096 viewsMeraki

This fire ... on 21:36 - Jun 18 by DJack

I think he just liked the look of the word, without actually knowing what it means.
This fire ... on 09:28 - Jun 19 with 1076 viewsBrynCartwright

This fire ... on 21:36 - Jun 18 by DJack

Laissez-faire is the complete opposite of bureaucracy.

had to Wiki it mind!

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

This fire ... on 20:20 - Jun 19 with 1008 viewsLeonWasGod

This fire ... on 06:24 - Jun 19 by Brynmill_Jack

Jonathan Pie's take on things

"A vaneer of compassion". It's just compassionwash - doing something that might give the impression of compassion, but most importantly improve your own image whilst you don't actually give a f*ck.

Edited - I agree with him, it's been a long day. And does the Buckingham Palace refurb include a sprinkler system?
[Post edited 19 Jun 2017 20:26]
This fire ... on 20:36 - Jun 19 with 996 viewsFlashberryjack

This fire ... on 00:32 - Jun 18 by Pokerface

If it happened in Swansea we would not expect the Queen, Prince William and May to turn up.

Corbyn and his supporters have turned it into a political bitch fest.

Mays fault- yeh right.

Got to be one of the toughest starts for any prime minister... London, Manchester and now this catastrophe.

People naturally want to blame someone. Carry on although it won't cure or fix anything but will help them feel better.

Better to get to the bottom of it all, cheap dodgy contracts, save money, cut corners, profit to be made, put personal benefit before that of the many. No I am not talking about our board.

Theresa May lynch mob..... here are some FACTS relating to the Grenfell tragedy..

1. The block of flats was run not by the Council but by KCTMO. This body is made up of 8 TENANTS, 4 councillors and 3 independent members.

2 Labour hold the seat that the block is situated in.

3 Labour run the London Council who manage the under funded London Fire Service

4 Emma Coad the sitting Labour MP for that ward also sat on the KCTMO.

5 The advice to stay put which Sadiq Khan has been so vocal about was given by the London Fire Service.

6 The decision to change contractors during the refurb was made by KCTMO.

7 The decision not to spend an additional £138k on fitting sprinklers was again KCTMO.

8 The decision to create ALMO organisation such as the KCTMO was made under the Right To Manage legislation passed in 2002
as part of the Commonhold and Leasehold Reform Act.

9 This was put in place to give leaseholders and tenants a greater say and the ability to self manage, which in some circumstances has clearly proven to be flawed.

10 Which Govt was in a charge when this law was passed? It was Labour.

11 Sadiq Khan as mayor of London produced a report stating that the fire service did not need further funding.

12 Emma Coad elected Labour MP was on the board of the Tenant Management group who are being accused of not listening to tenants.

This knee-jerk reaction is a modern day lynch mob encouraged by bitter Labour MPs who having lost a fairly close election want to destroy a democratically elected government for the chance of a second attempt to grab power..

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

This fire ... on 20:42 - Jun 19 with 992 viewslondonlisa2001

This fire ... on 20:36 - Jun 19 by Flashberryjack

Theresa May lynch mob..... here are some FACTS relating to the Grenfell tragedy..

1. The block of flats was run not by the Council but by KCTMO. This body is made up of 8 TENANTS, 4 councillors and 3 independent members.

5 The advice to stay put which Sadiq Khan has been so vocal about was given by the London Fire Service.

7 The decision not to spend an additional £138k on fitting sprinklers was again KCTMO.

8 The decision to create ALMO organisation such as the KCTMO was made under the Right To Manage legislation passed in 2002

9 This was put in place to give leaseholders and tenants a greater say and the ability to self manage, which in some circumstances has clearly proven to be flawed.

11 Sadiq Khan as mayor of London produced a report stating that the fire service did not need further funding.

12 Emma Coad elected Labour MP was on the board of the Tenant Management group who are being accused of not listening to tenants.

This knee-jerk reaction is a modern day lynch mob encouraged by bitter Labour MPs who having lost a fairly close election want to destroy a democratically elected government for the chance of a second attempt to grab power..

What is gained by posting crap from Breitbart in this situation do you think?

Genuinely, what is gained from it?

These statements have been very carefully crafted to deliberately distort the full and true story. So have some of the statements issued by the far left.

People are dead. Lots of them. Imagine how it would feel if it was your family and grow up.
This fire ... on 20:43 - Jun 19 with 987 viewsexiledclaseboy

How many of those "facts" are verified and/or verifiable?

Poll: Tory leader

This fire ... on 20:44 - Jun 19 with 985 viewsexiledclaseboy

This fire ... on 20:42 - Jun 19 by londonlisa2001

What is gained by posting crap from Breitbart in this situation do you think?

Genuinely, what is gained from it?

These statements have been very carefully crafted to deliberately distort the full and true story. So have some of the statements issued by the far left.

People are dead. Lots of them. Imagine how it would feel if it was your family and grow up.

Ah. Breitbart. I'm out.

Poll: Tory leader

This fire ... on 20:46 - Jun 19 with 981 viewslondonlisa2001

This fire ... on 20:43 - Jun 19 by exiledclaseboy

It's more that they are a clever distortion as they encourage links to be made that are not there.
This fire ... on 21:34 - Jun 19 with 953 viewsFlashberryjack

This fire ... on 20:43 - Jun 19 by exiledclaseboy

Without conducting further extensive investigation, I can't verify with any degree of accuracy I'm afraid.

Pretty much like most on here I'd say, with exception of your good self of course.

Hello

This fire ... on 21:38 - Jun 19 with 946 viewsFlashberryjack

This fire ... on 20:46 - Jun 19 by londonlisa2001

It's more that they are a clever distortion as they encourage links to be made that are not there.

Or encourage people to see links that may be there.

Hello

This fire ... on 21:44 - Jun 19 with 940 viewslondonlisa2001

This fire ... on 21:34 - Jun 19 by Flashberryjack

Without conducting further extensive investigation, I can't verify with any degree of accuracy I'm afraid.

Pretty much like most on here I'd say, with exception of your good self of course.

You started though by saying here are some FACTS?

I'll give you an example. Yes, the ward that Grenfell is in is a Labour ward. But the council is conservative. So the ward councillor can be outvoted by the Conservative majority on every single issue. Although therefore it is a verifiable fact, the statement implies a degree of control that simply does not exist,

On the flip side, for balance, as I've said, my council, which is Labour controlled, has had exactly the same policies re gentrification (for want of a better word), particularly around the White City estates, due to the Westfield and associated developments. It's not a party political thing as such, but that list, which was prepared by Breitbart, is just nonsense.
This fire ... on 21:55 - Jun 19 with 927 viewsBrynmill_Jack

https://www.facebook.com/PigGate2/posts/1879621602301094

So you hate poor people too? Poor people who were incinerated. For thr sake of £5000 to £7000.

To put a post out blaming everyone else falsely while kids, some of whom were babies lie burned to death in that concrete tomb is really bad mate.

I don't hold Theresa May personally responsible but it was David Cameron himself who launched all out war on H+S (his words).

This fire ... on 21:57 - Jun 19 with 920 viewsBrynmill_Jack

This fire ... on 21:34 - Jun 19 by Flashberryjack

So you posted that not knowing that it was bullsh*t?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024