Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Apple W*nker 08:53 - Jun 21 with 3595 viewsOnslow

Finally took the plunge and bought a Macbook Air this week. I am now a full Apple W*nker. Completely immersed and handcuffed to Jobs and his servers

She keeps passin' me by...

Apple W*nker on 08:57 - Jun 21 with 2868 viewsexiledinenglandjack

I have been for a while and totally happy with it. All my devices, work and personal are Apple, minus a work laptop and it pains me overtime i have to use it
Apple W*nker on 09:02 - Jun 21 with 2859 viewsBrynCartwright

Have used a Macbook Air since 2013 and it's been great. Also far less likely to be hit by viruses and Malware

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Apple W*nker on 09:07 - Jun 21 with 2843 viewsswanjackal

Never have, or would, own an Apple device. Not out of any anti monopoly crap, but that pc /android are far more workable for my needs. Too limited in their scope.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Apple W*nker on 09:08 - Jun 21 with 2842 viewsOnslow

Been really impressed so far, especially with the speed of it. Was able to also download a free copy of Office 365 for Mac as I'm a part time student w*nker too. But will happily give Numbers, Pages and Keynote a go

Apple W*nker on 09:22 - Jun 21 with 2807 viewsOnslow

Apple W*nker on 09:07 - Jun 21 by swanjackal

Never have, or would, own an Apple device. Not out of any anti monopoly crap, but that pc /android are far more workable for my needs. Too limited in their scope.

Know completely what you mean. Only recently I bought I Samsung A5. Brilliant phone, great battery, 200gb memory card slot and great features. I just couldn't get along with it and went back to an Iphone SE.

Apple W*nker on 09:39 - Jun 21 with 2782 viewsLeonWasGod

Hope you're not literally handcuffed to Jobs, or you'll be running out of air soon.

Macs are great for someone like me who doesn't want to tinker with stuff all the time. Plug and play rules. Except Photos which I've never really liked.
Apple W*nker on 10:02 - Jun 21 with 2755 viewsLeonWasGod

Apple W*nker on 09:08 - Jun 21 by Onslow

Been really impressed so far, especially with the speed of it. Was able to also download a free copy of Office 365 for Mac as I'm a part time student w*nker too. But will happily give Numbers, Pages and Keynote a go

I've got a 6-7-yr old iMac at work and it still absolutely flies along. Starts up in 5 seconds and loads all programmes instantly. Runs all the latest updates. It's zillions times quicker than any of the PCs that colleagues have (and have had to replace in the time I've had mine). You'll be set for ages with it.
Apple W*nker on 10:08 - Jun 21 with 2746 viewsdickythorpe

I prefer Bananas myself Ons, but enjoy your Apple.
Login to get fewer ads

Apple W*nker on 10:19 - Jun 21 with 2733 viewsOnslow

Apple W*nker on 10:02 - Jun 21 by LeonWasGod

I've got a 6-7-yr old iMac at work and it still absolutely flies along. Starts up in 5 seconds and loads all programmes instantly. Runs all the latest updates. It's zillions times quicker than any of the PCs that colleagues have (and have had to replace in the time I've had mine). You'll be set for ages with it.

Cheers mate. I allow myself one purchase a year. This is this years one. It'll help with my uni work, plus I've got some bits n bobs in the pipeline where it will definitely help out. Not had a laptop in months as I've just used my iPad.

Apple W*nker on 10:20 - Jun 21 with 2730 viewsOnslow

Apple W*nker on 10:08 - Jun 21 by dickythorpe

Love you, Richard

Apple W*nker on 10:21 - Jun 21 with 2727 viewswaynekerr55

Apple W*nker on 10:08 - Jun 21 by dickythorpe

I thought you were more of a PRESERVE on pastry man myself

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Apple W*nker on 10:24 - Jun 21 with 2716 viewsdickythorpe

Apple W*nker on 10:21 - Jun 21 by waynekerr55

I thought you were more of a PRESERVE on pastry man myself

FROZEN pAsrties wAYNE!!!!!!
Apple W*nker on 10:28 - Jun 21 with 2709 viewsnicky

have a look at installing the following Safari extensions: AdBlock, AdBlock Plus and Ghostery - make web surfing much more pleasurable and Ghostery stops tracking.

Also look at Malwarebytes for Mac. Download and run it every now and then to make sure you haven't picked up any malware. If you have it will get rid of it.

Absolutely no need for any anti virus software.
Apple W*nker on 10:29 - Jun 21 with 2704 viewsOnslow

Apple W*nker on 10:28 - Jun 21 by nicky

have a look at installing the following Safari extensions: AdBlock, AdBlock Plus and Ghostery - make web surfing much more pleasurable and Ghostery stops tracking.

Also look at Malwarebytes for Mac. Download and run it every now and then to make sure you haven't picked up any malware. If you have it will get rid of it.

Cheers nicky, will do

Apple W*nker on 10:30 - Jun 21 with 2701 viewswaynekerr55

Apple W*nker on 10:24 - Jun 21 by dickythorpe

FROZEN pAsrties wAYNE!!!!!!

Defrosted to PERFECTION

Apple W*nker on 20:45 - Jun 21 with 2517 viewsWatchman

Apple W*nker on 10:28 - Jun 21 by nicky

cheers for the heads up on ghostery Nicky got ad bloc but Ghostery #dropthemike

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Apple W*nker on 21:38 - Jun 21 with 2474 viewsmonmouth

I have iPad, Mac mini and a windows laptop. All work fine. All fast, all user friendly, all do everything I want No way in a month of Sundays would I pay Apples stupid prices now. I do like them but They simply give not enough extra and you still need Office anyway, if you want to use it with your work. FaceTime is good if your mates or family are Apple brainwashed though.

Anyone that sticks religiously to any supplier no matter how much they are bent over and shafted without lubrication on prices has more money than sense.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Apple W*nker on 21:47 - Jun 21 with 2458 viewsWarwickHunt

Apple W*nker on 21:38 - Jun 21 by monmouth

I have iPad, Mac mini and a windows laptop. All work fine. All fast, all user friendly, all do everything I want No way in a month of Sundays would I pay Apples stupid prices now. I do like them but They simply give not enough extra and you still need Office anyway, if you want to use it with your work. FaceTime is good if your mates or family are Apple brainwashed though.

Anyone that sticks religiously to any supplier no matter how much they are bent over and shafted without lubrication on prices has more money than sense.

You don't need MS Office...
Apple W*nker on 22:14 - Jun 21 with 2431 viewsmonmouth

Apple W*nker on 21:47 - Jun 21 by WarwickHunt

You don't need MS Office...

For work. Everything is word and excel. Logging in to work systems direct is also not as good for displays etc. Don't get me wrong I like the kit, and probably would slightly prefer it, but those price rises were taking the piss. To be fair, I don't use much of the whizzy stuff though, so that might make a difference to folk.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Apple W*nker on 22:50 - Jun 21 with 2410 viewsWarwickHunt

Apple W*nker on 22:14 - Jun 21 by monmouth

For work. Everything is word and excel. Logging in to work systems direct is also not as good for displays etc. Don't get me wrong I like the kit, and probably would slightly prefer it, but those price rises were taking the piss. To be fair, I don't use much of the whizzy stuff though, so that might make a difference to folk.

Plenty of alternatives for Word and Excel files - usually free, well designed and not bloated...

Fair enough if your online work system is Office based though.
Apple W*nker on 14:28 - Jun 22 with 2288 viewswaynekerr55

Apple W*nker on 22:50 - Jun 21 by WarwickHunt

Plenty of alternatives for Word and Excel files - usually free, well designed and not bloated...

In which case Office 365 paired with a Surface Pro is the way forward 😍

Apple W*nker on 14:56 - Jun 22 with 2270 viewsOnslow

Apple W*nker on 14:28 - Jun 22 by waynekerr55

In which case Office 365 paired with a Surface Pro is the way forward 😍

Battery on my iPad Pro is superior to the Surface. And the Apple Pen is great for a ear w*nk

Apple W*nker on 15:38 - Jun 22 with 2220 viewsploppy

Apple W*nker on 22:50 - Jun 21 by WarwickHunt

Not doubting the need for a PC, but MS Office is available for the Mac. Depending on your employer you may be able to purchase a version for home use for next to nothing. Mine cost around £20 (including DVD installer) if I remember rightly. Downloadable version was even cheaper.
Apple W*nker on 15:40 - Jun 22 with 2218 viewsswanjackal

Apple W*nker on 15:38 - Jun 22 by ploppy

Not doubting the need for a PC, but MS Office is available for the Mac. Depending on your employer you may be able to purchase a version for home use for next to nothing. Mine cost around £20 (including DVD installer) if I remember rightly. Downloadable version was even cheaper.

Aye, free (from certain sites...cough cough)
[Post edited 22 Jun 2017 15:40]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Apple W*nker on 16:23 - Jun 22 with 2187 viewsploppy

Apple W*nker on 15:40 - Jun 22 by swanjackal

Aye, free (from certain sites...cough cough)
[Post edited 22 Jun 2017 15:40]

Naughty.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024