Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid 12:57 - Jul 16 with 98544 views34dfgdf54

Bid rejected from las palmas apparently.

Siggy replacement and a very good one at that allegedly.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:10 - Jul 16 with 2146 viewslondonlisa2001

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:09 - Jul 16 by Neath_Jack

So are people telling me that this Viera chap is the best player out there in that position for us? Or is it lazy scouting again, he's played with Mesa, let's go get him?

I find it hard to believe that he is the best player out there for the money we are looking to spend.

One would imagine that Clement and Makele know whether players in the Spanish league are any good or not.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:10 - Jul 16 with 2136 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:03 - Jul 16 by londonlisa2001

I have zero idea whether this bloke is any good or not.

But Dwight's attempt to rubbish anything the club does, doesn't hold water financially.

You'd have to look at the deal in the round as effectively a swap deal for Gylfi. We'd be swapping an attacking midfield player for another of the same age and £20m. Plus the wages saved over the next three years, or bringing someone in on, say £40k a week and losing one on £70k a week which is the best part of £5m saved on top of the £20m.

It's the 'extra' £20m that we can then play with on younger players who may earn us a substantial profit (it's gambling our winnings if you like after getting our original stake back).

Some rumours in London that we are interested in Lewis Baker from Chelsea. That's the sort of player we could profit from. And so it continues.

As I said - no idea whether this person could be a good replacement for Siggy.

"But Dwight's attempt to rubbish anything the club does"

Anything? Really? I disagree with spending close to £30m on one player and suddenly I rubbish anything the club does? What was the last thing I rubbished?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:11 - Jul 16 with 2140 viewsgolly47

Entirely different player to Siggy, but a fantastic player nonetheless.

Poll: What was worse?

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:16 - Jul 16 with 2108 viewsE20Jack

Yeah people can say what the like about DYSS, I have had some spats in the past. But you have to call a spade a spade and he is spot on. Would be mental to do this with the Gylfi money when we make so little annually iver the wage bill as it is.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:16 - Jul 16 with 2108 viewsThornburyswan

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:03 - Jul 16 by londonlisa2001

I have zero idea whether this bloke is any good or not.

But Dwight's attempt to rubbish anything the club does, doesn't hold water financially.

You'd have to look at the deal in the round as effectively a swap deal for Gylfi. We'd be swapping an attacking midfield player for another of the same age and £20m. Plus the wages saved over the next three years, or bringing someone in on, say £40k a week and losing one on £70k a week which is the best part of £5m saved on top of the £20m.

It's the 'extra' £20m that we can then play with on younger players who may earn us a substantial profit (it's gambling our winnings if you like after getting our original stake back).

Some rumours in London that we are interested in Lewis Baker from Chelsea. That's the sort of player we could profit from. And so it continues.

As I said - no idea whether this person could be a good replacement for Siggy.

Difficult one as £25/26M on a 27 year-old who has not played either in the Prem or for a top club is clearly a gamble, however IF we are getting £45/50M for Siggy plus I suspect £25/30K per week in wages saving it falls into the "calculated" gamble box for me & if Clement believes he's the guy that's good enough for me.

Plus with Siggy (if/when he goes), Gomes, Cork, Tabanou etc off the wage bill I'd still see us as having circa £10M + sales to play with.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:17 - Jul 16 with 2105 viewsDr_Winston

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:46 - Jul 16 by Dr_Winston

This mooted deal reminds me of the summer we bought Bony. We were critically short of ability in one position so the club absolutely smashed the transfer record to fill the gap with serious quality.

Don't think anyone doubts that losing Siggy would result in a pretty big hole in the team so it wouldn't surprise me if we went down a similar route.

In a similar vein, we badly needed to add goals to Sousa's team so went out and broke the record for Scott Sinclair too.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:17 - Jul 16 with 2102 viewsNeath_Jack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:10 - Jul 16 by londonlisa2001

One would imagine that Clement and Makele know whether players in the Spanish league are any good or not.

And?

I've not said whether he is good or not, what i am saying is that i do not believe he offers the best quality for pound notes out there. In fact, i'd be willing to bet a substantial amount of my hard earned that he isn't.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:17 - Jul 16 with 2102 viewsnyc_swans

i don't necessarily think it's a siggy replacement.

the article says that they first expressed interest about 2 and a half weeks ago, which was before the club started to feel resigned to losing him.
Login to get fewer ads

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:18 - Jul 16 with 2091 viewslondonlisa2001

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:10 - Jul 16 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

"But Dwight's attempt to rubbish anything the club does"

Anything? Really? I disagree with spending close to £30m on one player and suddenly I rubbish anything the club does? What was the last thing I rubbished?

Just today, on the subject of recruitment. Yesterday, or whenever, on the subject of staged payments. The day before on playing Siggy at Barnet.

I'd be much harder pushed to find the last thing you didn't rubbish.

And it's €30m not £30m, so about £26m. So £20m less than we're getting in. And yes, that'll include add one, but so will ours, and staged payments, on both of the deals if they happen.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:19 - Jul 16 with 2081 viewsNeath_Jack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:17 - Jul 16 by nyc_swans

i don't necessarily think it's a siggy replacement.

the article says that they first expressed interest about 2 and a half weeks ago, which was before the club started to feel resigned to losing him.

You think it's only now the club expected to lose Siggy?

They'll have known since last season my friend.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:22 - Jul 16 with 2054 viewslondonlisa2001

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:17 - Jul 16 by Neath_Jack

And?

I've not said whether he is good or not, what i am saying is that i do not believe he offers the best quality for pound notes out there. In fact, i'd be willing to bet a substantial amount of my hard earned that he isn't.

As I said, I've no idea, but I trust they know what they're doing in terms of the Spanish / German / French leagues.

I'd have imagined that there were younger players at Bayern or wherever, but maybe Clement thinks a young player won't be the answer for a very specific question,
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:28 - Jul 16 with 2003 viewsNeath_Jack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:22 - Jul 16 by londonlisa2001

As I said, I've no idea, but I trust they know what they're doing in terms of the Spanish / German / French leagues.

I'd have imagined that there were younger players at Bayern or wherever, but maybe Clement thinks a young player won't be the answer for a very specific question,

I don't believe Clement has that much of a say to be honest.

Same as we never saw any players come in under Laudrup from his undoubted contacts at his former clubs.

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:30 - Jul 16 with 1989 viewsmagicdaps10

I am all for signing him but would not be happy with that fee. It shouldnt.bother me how much we get the player for but as a club we have been through so much that I always pay close attention to the fee.

As said, even if it was a few weeks ago before the Sigy talk, make no bones about it that the club have known about Siggy for months. Why dont we play with the idea of offering a few of our fringe players as part of the deal.....I could see Barrow, Montero or VDH being of interest to them.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:33 - Jul 16 with 1971 viewsE20Jack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:18 - Jul 16 by londonlisa2001

Just today, on the subject of recruitment. Yesterday, or whenever, on the subject of staged payments. The day before on playing Siggy at Barnet.

I'd be much harder pushed to find the last thing you didn't rubbish.

And it's €30m not £30m, so about £26m. So £20m less than we're getting in. And yes, that'll include add one, but so will ours, and staged payments, on both of the deals if they happen.

It should be irrelevant what we are getting in in terms of maintaining a sensible transfer model.

If we are to spend £26.5m then surely it is more prudent to sign someone young enough that there can be room for recouping the investment in the future? This is how clubs like us grow.

Once we sign players like this in their prime then when we sell them on we are left with a fraction to replace them with, that means in the short term we may imprive but are eventually going to come to a point (2-3 seasons) when that player gets sold and only a fraction of his initial value is there to replace him with, we then go backwards are a rule.

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:33 - Jul 16 with 1968 viewsWhiterockin

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 13:30 - Jul 16 by magicdaps10

Sounds a very promising player but at that fee, really!?

I think we could get 2/3 quality players at the amount mentioned.

One player at 25M would be cheaper on wages/fees ect than 3 costing 8M.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:33 - Jul 16 with 1967 viewsBorojack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:17 - Jul 16 by Neath_Jack

And?

It often surprises me the knowledge some posters have on foreign players must watch hell of a lot of football.
Or are you just guessing on his ability.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:37 - Jul 16 with 1934 viewsBorojack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:33 - Jul 16 by Borojack

It often surprises me the knowledge some posters have on foreign players must watch hell of a lot of football.
Or are you just guessing on his ability.

Sorry just read your post again you must have a crystal ball if you can wager if he represents value for money without seeing him play.
I am happy to trust Clement and the scouting team on transfers.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:40 - Jul 16 with 1902 viewsmagicdaps10

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:33 - Jul 16 by Whiterockin

One player at 25M would be cheaper on wages/fees ect than 3 costing 8M.

Yeah that would be right but I am not basing it on what his cheaper for us.

I think that we need quality around the park and the money being talked about could be used better on the starting eleven rather than one particular player......especially when there are players out there in Viera's league if not better at a far reduced fee. This would leave more money available on a Right back and Centre Half.

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:40 - Jul 16 with 1902 viewsnyc_swans

if the player was to sign and he had a very good season, he would still have very good sell on value.

people talking about him 3 years down the road.... if he has success at this price tag he will generate lots of interest very quickly.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:43 - Jul 16 with 1860 viewsmagicdaps10

Remember we sold Ayew last year and ran out and spent that 22m on two players.

15m on Baston
6m on Llorente.

I myself wouldnt be adverse on going and bringing in someone like Alejandro Pozuelo alongside someone like Boudabouz. Pozuelo was being cried out to be used behind a striker but wasted out wide. Boudabouz is comfortable to pay out wide aswell as in the hole.

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:45 - Jul 16 with 1846 viewslondonlisa2001

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:28 - Jul 16 by Neath_Jack

I don't believe Clement has that much of a say to be honest.

Same as we never saw any players come in under Laudrup from his undoubted contacts at his former clubs.

But we saw quite a few come in with the same agent didn't we...

Clement would certainly have a veto. He has said himself he's part of the transfer team.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:49 - Jul 16 with 1815 viewsE20Jack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:40 - Jul 16 by nyc_swans

if the player was to sign and he had a very good season, he would still have very good sell on value.

people talking about him 3 years down the road.... if he has success at this price tag he will generate lots of interest very quickly.

He wont.

Gylfi is classed as home grown, regarded as the best midfielder outside the big guns, had a great Euros and been a consistant performer for years... Yet we are scrapping £40m.

A foreign player having 1 good season who will then be 29 next birthday - we will never get that £26.5m back. Not a chance, unless he rips up the league and becomes the best midfielder in it. But the chances of that happening are so small it isnt worth the risk.

We need to be buying players around 23/24/25 years of age. Like the time when we were linked with Aubameyang, Bony and Batshuayi all for between £12m and £18m. All with good ages (on paper at least) and all clearly going to be heavyweights in Europe. There is always the chance for progression and a sell on in these cases.

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:54 - Jul 16 with 1774 viewshobo

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:37 - Jul 16 by Borojack

Sorry just read your post again you must have a crystal ball if you can wager if he represents value for money without seeing him play.
I am happy to trust Clement and the scouting team on transfers.

It's really not that difficult in this day and age to watch leagues outside of England. La Liga isn't exactly the Peruvian Primera Liga either! We sold a far better player in Andre Ayew last season for less than this deal
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:54 - Jul 16 with 1770 viewsjack247

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:09 - Jul 16 by E20Jack

Its very short term thinking though isnt it.

If Veira was on Evertons books and they offered us £15m-£18m plus Veira (which is essentially what the deal would work out as being) then I doubt people would be so happy.

We should still be looking to make sound investments regardless of what we have received for a player. We dont make enough surpluss money year on year to be frivolous and ditch sensibke approach to transfers.

I'd think replacing Siggy on the cheap would be more short term thinking. Viera may or may not be the answer, if we think he is, we shouldn't shy away from paying for him.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 16:00 - Jul 16 with 1722 viewsmagicdaps10

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:49 - Jul 16 by E20Jack

He wont.

Gylfi is classed as home grown, regarded as the best midfielder outside the big guns, had a great Euros and been a consistant performer for years... Yet we are scrapping £40m.

A foreign player having 1 good season who will then be 29 next birthday - we will never get that £26.5m back. Not a chance, unless he rips up the league and becomes the best midfielder in it. But the chances of that happening are so small it isnt worth the risk.

We need to be buying players around 23/24/25 years of age. Like the time when we were linked with Aubameyang, Bony and Batshuayi all for between £12m and £18m. All with good ages (on paper at least) and all clearly going to be heavyweights in Europe. There is always the chance for progression and a sell on in these cases.

Taking a few snippets from what you wrote there. I am all for spending 10/11m on players around 27/28. What you state on us when were after Aubeymang, Batashuayi and Bony is bang on.
If we are serious about spending 25/30m on a player then it should be on a younger player, how about Max Meyer at Schalke.....might not even command that fee. A good season with us and we could be talking 50m all over again in 12 months.
Germans are so technically gifted that you would get your monies worth.
Another german who would be available and at a good price is Lewis Holtby, had a raw deal at Spurs and is an excellent Swansea type player.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024