Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid 12:57 - Jul 16 with 98863 views34dfgdf54

Bid rejected from las palmas apparently.

Siggy replacement and a very good one at that allegedly.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:25 - Jul 16 with 2610 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:15 - Jul 16 by jack247

He is 27. He won't be done in 2/3 years

He will be going downhill drastically as he ages. How many attacking midfielders get better/remain at their peak once they start approaching 30?

We'll be lucky to loan him back to a club like Malaga in 3 or 4 years for almost nothing. Then do we fork out another £28m for an attacking midfielder?

Like the guy above said, this is not sustainable for a club like us. Signings like this are largely what have screwed us over recently. Huge fees on relatively old players who we will be unable to command good fees for when they leave, even if they do go on to have an excellent season prior to moving on (Gomis).

If this is a sign of where we're heading as a club under the Americans then I am amazed more aren't frightened.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:26 - Jul 16 with 2619 viewsE20Jack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:17 - Jul 16 by magicdaps10

I will harp on again about him but Ryad Boudabouz is the guy we should be looking at.

Assists, goals and very pacy. Very similar player to Mahrez. I think when/if Siggy goes, we have to use the money wisely and strengthen the squad in regards to making the depth stronger.
We need to ship out the dead wood and the promising players reaching mid 20s yet to fulfill potential and bring in 4 players of quality.

This money can help us refind the ethos of the Swansea way and to another level to which we were before.

Certainly would fit into our sort of price range.

£13m quoted and a Newcastle target, ticks the main boxes.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:26 - Jul 16 with 2616 viewsdobjack2

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:17 - Jul 16 by magicdaps10

I will harp on again about him but Ryad Boudabouz is the guy we should be looking at.

Assists, goals and very pacy. Very similar player to Mahrez. I think when/if Siggy goes, we have to use the money wisely and strengthen the squad in regards to making the depth stronger.
We need to ship out the dead wood and the promising players reaching mid 20s yet to fulfill potential and bring in 4 players of quality.

This money can help us refind the ethos of the Swansea way and to another level to which we were before.

I've lost count of the number of clubs that have been linked with him though.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:29 - Jul 16 with 2595 viewsPozuelosSideys

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 13:59 - Jul 16 by Loyal

We turned him down as well.

Really? Fack!

For me at least, the number is too big

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

N/A. on 14:31 - Jul 16 with 2578 viewsHuw57

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 3:30]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:37 - Jul 16 with 2524 viewsjack247

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:25 - Jul 16 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

He will be going downhill drastically as he ages. How many attacking midfielders get better/remain at their peak once they start approaching 30?

We'll be lucky to loan him back to a club like Malaga in 3 or 4 years for almost nothing. Then do we fork out another £28m for an attacking midfielder?

Like the guy above said, this is not sustainable for a club like us. Signings like this are largely what have screwed us over recently. Huge fees on relatively old players who we will be unable to command good fees for when they leave, even if they do go on to have an excellent season prior to moving on (Gomis).

If this is a sign of where we're heading as a club under the Americans then I am amazed more aren't frightened.

I'm not commenting on the player himself, as I don know much about him.

Spending £25m on a 27 year old to replace a player we sell for £40m+ wouldn't bother me, if he is going to have an impact. We are on the verge of getting the best part of £60m for Siggy, Cork and Gomis.

Would you rather spend £2m and hope for another Michu?
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:37 - Jul 16 with 2522 viewsBorojack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:15 - Jul 16 by jack247

He is 27. He won't be done in 2/3 years

Sigurdsson is the same age I think so why are Everton buying him.
They are buying him for now.
To push on in the richest league in world football.
But yes we don't have Everton type of money really not sure what to make of it be surprised if it happens.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:38 - Jul 16 with 2513 viewsNeath_Jack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:08 - Jul 16 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

So when he's done in 2/3 years, do we spend another £28m to replace him? We need to buy players young enough that we have a realistic chance of selling them on for a good fee when they decide to leave.

This would be a terrible signing for our club.

I make Dwight correct on this one.

This type of signing is a slippery slope for us. Alright if it's a one off due to the big money we'll be getting for Golden Bollox, but i'd prefer we went for a younger player all the same.

A good individual signing, but long term a bad one in my humble.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Login to get fewer ads

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:45 - Jul 16 with 2449 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:37 - Jul 16 by jack247

Spending £25m on a 27 year old to replace a player we sell for £40m+ wouldn't bother me, if he is going to have an impact. We are on the verge of getting the best part of £60m for Siggy, Cork and Gomis.

Of course I'm not advocating replacing Gylfi with a £2m player.

I just don't want us spending what will likely be close to £45-50m (including wages, assuming £75k over 5 years) on one player. It is ridiculous. It is not sustainable.

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:46 - Jul 16 with 2455 viewsDr_Winston

This mooted deal reminds me of the summer we bought Bony. We were critically short of ability in one position so the club absolutely smashed the transfer record to fill the gap with serious quality.

Don't think anyone doubts that losing Siggy would result in a pretty big hole in the team so it wouldn't surprise me if we went down a similar route.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:46 - Jul 16 with 2455 views34dfgdf54

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:37 - Jul 16 by jack247

With jack247 on this one 100%.

From Siggy going, and getting Mesa and Viera, we'd still be in profit while also making a saving on salary, I personally think Siggy will be on more here than Viera will be. That's not taking into account the Cork sale either.

Whether we like it or not, clubs will want inflated prices from us as they know we have a cash influx from the impending Siggy sale.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:46 - Jul 16 with 2449 viewshobo

£25m?! No thank you. We were linked with him years ago for around £2m during his first stint at Las Palmas. Substandard Liege weren't impressed by him and sold him for 700k just 2 seasons ago. If we sign this guy we'll be making the same mistakes we made when we signed Borja
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:48 - Jul 16 with 2435 viewsjack247

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:38 - Jul 16 by Neath_Jack

I make Dwight correct on this one.

This type of signing is a slippery slope for us. Alright if it's a one off due to the big money we'll be getting for Golden Bollox, but i'd prefer we went for a younger player all the same.

A good individual signing, but long term a bad one in my humble.

Look at it in the context of replacing a similar aged player who we are selling for far more.

Yes, I wouldn't want £25m to become the norm, but I also wouldn't want to see us try to replace Siggy with 'potential' on the cheap. If we don't sell Siggy, then this type of signing worries me. If we do, it's big boots to fill.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:51 - Jul 16 with 2404 viewshobo

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:48 - Jul 16 by jack247

Look at it in the context of replacing a similar aged player who we are selling for far more.

Yes, I wouldn't want £25m to become the norm, but I also wouldn't want to see us try to replace Siggy with 'potential' on the cheap. If we don't sell Siggy, then this type of signing worries me. If we do, it's big boots to fill.

Surely we should be looking at signing quality, not just someone who is the same age as the guy we are replacing?! Viera would be a massive downgrade on Siggy
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:52 - Jul 16 with 2401 viewsBorojack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:45 - Jul 16 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Of course I'm not advocating replacing Gylfi with a £2m player.

I just don't want us spending what will likely be close to £45-50m (including wages, assuming £75k over 5 years) on one player. It is ridiculous. It is not sustainable.

Yes but how much would it cost us if we turn down Everton for Sigurdsson close on 50 million for the transfer plus his wages.
Not saying we should spend this kind of money but it would be paid for by the sale.

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:54 - Jul 16 with 2387 viewsjack247

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:51 - Jul 16 by hobo

Surely we should be looking at signing quality, not just someone who is the same age as the guy we are replacing?! Viera would be a massive downgrade on Siggy

As I said above, I don't know much about the player. Reports seem to suggest he is quality.

As far as I'm concerned, IF he is good enough to fill Siggys boots, then the facts he is 27 or cost £25m wouldn't bother me.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:55 - Jul 16 with 2372 viewsjack247

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:46 - Jul 16 by 34dfgdf54

With jack247 on this one 100%.

From Siggy going, and getting Mesa and Viera, we'd still be in profit while also making a saving on salary, I personally think Siggy will be on more here than Viera will be. That's not taking into account the Cork sale either.

Whether we like it or not, clubs will want inflated prices from us as they know we have a cash influx from the impending Siggy sale.

Well Cork has gone, Montero and Routledge likely to be marginalised this season. Perhaps we will agree more often
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:56 - Jul 16 with 2357 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:46 - Jul 16 by Dr_Winston

This mooted deal reminds me of the summer we bought Bony. We were critically short of ability in one position so the club absolutely smashed the transfer record to fill the gap with serious quality.

Don't think anyone doubts that losing Siggy would result in a pretty big hole in the team so it wouldn't surprise me if we went down a similar route.

Bony was about 24 when we signed him and had a phenomenal goal scoring record since he established himself as a first team player.

Viera was deemed not good enough by a team in the Belgian league two years ago at the age of 25.

I understand your comparison regarding spending big, but comparing the proven ability of the players is not a fair comparison.

Viera has had two good seasons in his entire career and is already 27.

He hardly set the world alight last season either. Seven goals and seven assists is not outstanding. I wouldn't think it makes him worth the fee they are demanding.

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:57 - Jul 16 with 2354 views34dfgdf54

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:55 - Jul 16 by jack247

Well Cork has gone, Montero and Routledge likely to be marginalised this season. Perhaps we will agree more often

I still have faith super Jeff will come good this season
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:03 - Jul 16 with 2310 viewslondonlisa2001

I have zero idea whether this bloke is any good or not.

But Dwight's attempt to rubbish anything the club does, doesn't hold water financially.

You'd have to look at the deal in the round as effectively a swap deal for Gylfi. We'd be swapping an attacking midfield player for another of the same age and £20m. Plus the wages saved over the next three years, or bringing someone in on, say £40k a week and losing one on £70k a week which is the best part of £5m saved on top of the £20m.

It's the 'extra' £20m that we can then play with on younger players who may earn us a substantial profit (it's gambling our winnings if you like after getting our original stake back).

Some rumours in London that we are interested in Lewis Baker from Chelsea. That's the sort of player we could profit from. And so it continues.

As I said - no idea whether this person could be a good replacement for Siggy.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:06 - Jul 16 with 2281 viewsairedale

We have to be confidant that our management know what they're about.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:07 - Jul 16 with 2273 viewsBorojack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:03 - Jul 16 by londonlisa2001

I have zero idea whether this bloke is any good or not.

But Dwight's attempt to rubbish anything the club does, doesn't hold water financially.

You'd have to look at the deal in the round as effectively a swap deal for Gylfi. We'd be swapping an attacking midfield player for another of the same age and £20m. Plus the wages saved over the next three years, or bringing someone in on, say £40k a week and losing one on £70k a week which is the best part of £5m saved on top of the £20m.

It's the 'extra' £20m that we can then play with on younger players who may earn us a substantial profit (it's gambling our winnings if you like after getting our original stake back).

Some rumours in London that we are interested in Lewis Baker from Chelsea. That's the sort of player we could profit from. And so it continues.

As I said - no idea whether this person could be a good replacement for Siggy.

Good post makes a lot of sense.

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:08 - Jul 16 with 2255 viewstomdickharry

Surely with Mr Clement's contacts at the highest level in Europe we can make very good use of the fee we are going to receive for Siggy,may be we will have to pay the price for being cash rich but it will be well worth it provided our team is strengthened,whether this player falls into that category is perhaps questionable,but we must have faith in the ability of our Manager to make the right decisions,big test for him.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:09 - Jul 16 with 2238 viewsNeath_Jack

So are people telling me that this Viera chap is the best player out there in that position for us? Or is it lazy scouting again, he's played with Mesa, let's go get him?

I find it hard to believe that he is the best player out there for the money we are looking to spend.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:09 - Jul 16 with 2234 viewsE20Jack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:54 - Jul 16 by jack247

As I said above, I don't know much about the player. Reports seem to suggest he is quality.

As far as I'm concerned, IF he is good enough to fill Siggys boots, then the facts he is 27 or cost £25m wouldn't bother me.

Its very short term thinking though isnt it.

If Veira was on Evertons books and they offered us £15m-£18m plus Veira (which is essentially what the deal would work out as being) then I doubt people would be so happy.

We should still be looking to make sound investments regardless of what we have received for a player. We dont make enough surpluss money year on year to be frivolous and ditch sensibke approach to transfers.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024