Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boudebouz 10:01 - Aug 2 with 19692 viewsAussieSwan

Apparently we're favourites according to WalesOnline (take it with a pinch of salt, I know), but if it's true that 8.5m is enough to get him then we are mad not to make an offer

In today's market - £8.5m is a bargain. Especially when players like Jeff Schlupp and Jacob Murphy are going for £12m each. There's a lot of value to be had with other leagues, given how obscene British-to-British club transfers are.

I'd like the guy to come to us whether Gylfi stays or goes. We need to invest in the first team and strengthen what we already have.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/bookmakers-swansea-cit

Apparently we tried to sign him as a 21 year-old too
https://www.eyefootball.com/news/9817/Swansea-approach-Ryad-Boudebouz.html

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Boudebouz on 10:02 - Aug 2 with 6806 viewsdcd14

According to sources that shipped has sailed and he's already off somewhere else.
Boudebouz on 10:04 - Aug 2 with 6774 viewsAussieSwan

Boudebouz on 10:02 - Aug 2 by dcd14

According to sources that shipped has sailed and he's already off somewhere else.

where to?

It'd be another one that got away because we always dither around too fookin long

Boudebouz on 10:07 - Aug 2 with 6750 viewsdcd14

Boudebouz on 10:04 - Aug 2 by AussieSwan

where to?

It'd be another one that got away because we always dither around too fookin long

I think it was Betis.
Boudebouz on 10:09 - Aug 2 with 6727 viewsJango

Boudebouz on 10:07 - Aug 2 by dcd14

I think it was Betis.

Could easily be his agent trying to get other interested clubs to get a move on.
Boudebouz on 10:10 - Aug 2 with 6714 viewsdcd14

Boudebouz on 10:09 - Aug 2 by Jango

Could easily be his agent trying to get other interested clubs to get a move on.

Hopefully, we are crying out for more creativity!
Boudebouz on 10:11 - Aug 2 with 6696 viewsJango

Boudebouz on 10:10 - Aug 2 by dcd14

Hopefully, we are crying out for more creativity!

If we've been in for him before then I'd like to think we're still keeping an eye on him. As you say, we need some more creativity whether siggy stays or goes.
Boudebouz on 10:16 - Aug 2 with 6655 viewsE20Jack

"Among the favourites".

At the time of that article we were 5/1 3rd favourites to sign him. Which in a market like that doesn't mean an awful lot.

Since that article I would say we have slipped even further down that list.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Boudebouz on 10:30 - Aug 2 with 6565 viewsmagicdaps10

any incomings obviously will have to wait until we sell one of Siggy or Llorente.

Its obvious we have no money until we sell, thus ruling us out of getting anyone until it is in our bank account.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Login to get fewer ads

Boudebouz on 11:08 - Aug 2 with 6401 viewsAussieSwan

Boudebouz on 10:30 - Aug 2 by magicdaps10

any incomings obviously will have to wait until we sell one of Siggy or Llorente.

Its obvious we have no money until we sell, thus ruling us out of getting anyone until it is in our bank account.

but the Yanks are gonna bring new investment mun

... still waiting for the slightest glimpse of that

No other club has such a stringent, one-in one-out transfer policy. It's archaic.

Boudebouz on 12:07 - Aug 2 with 6252 viewsFlashberryjack

Boudebouz on 11:08 - Aug 2 by AussieSwan

but the Yanks are gonna bring new investment mun

... still waiting for the slightest glimpse of that

No other club has such a stringent, one-in one-out transfer policy. It's archaic.

"but the Yanks are gonna bring new investment mun"

Incredibly there are still some that believe that to be true.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Boudebouz on 12:40 - Aug 2 with 6130 viewsE20Jack

Boudebouz on 12:07 - Aug 2 by Flashberryjack

"but the Yanks are gonna bring new investment mun"

Incredibly there are still some that believe that to be true.

It is true though, although many don't like to admit it.

We have a sleeve sponsor for the first time. Highest shirt sponsorship we have ever had which reflects our position in the league finally. Our commercial department is far better than it was which is bringing extra revenue into the club.

They also may be able to sort out a finance agreement on the stadium which will bring even more revenue in.

They are not desired owners but they certainly are increasing revenue streams which will hopefully allow us to spend a little bit without selling in the future. Unless of course it is simply creating extra revenue to pay themselves the consultancy fees.

We shall see.

Boudebouz on 12:43 - Aug 2 with 6106 viewsFlashberryjack

Like I said.......incredible!

Hello

Boudebouz on 12:50 - Aug 2 with 6074 viewsE20Jack

Boudebouz on 12:43 - Aug 2 by Flashberryjack

Like I said.......incredible!

You don't believe we have a sleeve sponsor or the highest commercial sponsorship deals we have ever had?

It's not really an opinion Flashberry, I'm just stating facts here.

Boudebouz on 12:53 - Aug 2 with 6033 viewsunion_jack

Boudebouz on 12:50 - Aug 2 by E20Jack

You don't believe we have a sleeve sponsor or the highest commercial sponsorship deals we have ever had?

I don't know the figures involved, but surely not much more than peanuts in the grand scheme of things?

What we don't want is investment via loans though. Let's keep it clean and hope thats enough.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Boudebouz on 12:58 - Aug 2 with 6001 viewsE20Jack

Boudebouz on 12:53 - Aug 2 by union_jack

I don't know the figures involved, but surely not much more than peanuts in the grand scheme of things?

What we don't want is investment via loans though. Let's keep it clean and hope thats enough.

Roughly a million difference I think, although financial details of the Barracuda deal are not disclosed, the last deal before they came was GWFX and was worth £4m. Last seasons deal and this seasons deal has been on average £4.75m p/a - almost a 20% increase with the combined sponsorship. Barracuda (sleeve sponsor) have also provided free services on the IT side of the club that would have course have cost a fair chunk of money too.

Its these small increases that make the difference though and something Dineen and his crew were unable to do. Our commercial side is absolutely in better hands now than it was pre take-over. Not a good trade off with the lack of protections the club has but purely speaking in terms of revenue - we are on our way to the next level in terms of that, especially if the stadium is acquired.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2017 13:07]

Boudebouz on 13:23 - Aug 2 with 5876 viewsAngelRangelQS

Boudebouz on 12:58 - Aug 2 by E20Jack

Roughly a million difference I think, although financial details of the Barracuda deal are not disclosed, the last deal before they came was GWFX and was worth £4m. Last seasons deal and this seasons deal has been on average £4.75m p/a - almost a 20% increase with the combined sponsorship. Barracuda (sleeve sponsor) have also provided free services on the IT side of the club that would have course have cost a fair chunk of money too.

Its these small increases that make the difference though and something Dineen and his crew were unable to do. Our commercial side is absolutely in better hands now than it was pre take-over. Not a good trade off with the lack of protections the club has but purely speaking in terms of revenue - we are on our way to the next level in terms of that, especially if the stadium is acquired.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2017 13:07]

Personally I'm glad the Americans haven't chucked stupid money at it and put us at risk of financial ruin... wasn't this what people were initially worried about?
Boudebouz on 13:27 - Aug 2 with 5846 viewsEasternJack

Very excited about this one. With due respect, if Betis sign him ahead of us then it's fair to say we never really wanted him.

Hope we get this guy.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Boudebouz on 13:27 - Aug 2 with 5845 viewsE20Jack

Boudebouz on 13:23 - Aug 2 by AngelRangelQS

Personally I'm glad the Americans haven't chucked stupid money at it and put us at risk of financial ruin... wasn't this what people were initially worried about?

Exactly ARQS. In my mind it wasn't even hinted at either, there are many things to level at HJ but that isn't one of them, it's not his fault if the dull took what he said out of context and came up with their own conclusions. Absolutely no way do we want the Americans spending loans they are issuing to the club, for many reasons.

Boudebouz on 13:33 - Aug 2 with 5796 viewsFlashberryjack

Boudebouz on 12:50 - Aug 2 by E20Jack

Overhauling our commercial department is hardly "investment" is it ?
Every man and his dog knew how absolutely useless our commercial department has been, so hardly rocket science is it.

They've bought this club to take out not put in, and that is a fact.

Hello

Boudebouz on 13:38 - Aug 2 with 5749 viewsE20Jack

Boudebouz on 13:33 - Aug 2 by Flashberryjack

Every man and his dog knew how absolutely useless our commercial department has been, so hardly rocket science is it.

That wasn't the investment part though Flash. The investment part was the purchase of the shares which allowed them to control the commercial department to in turn increase revenues.

We are very lucky we are still in the PL spending an average of 400k a season, constantly having to sell to balance the books. Eventually that was going to go wrong and it nearly did last year. The next level is not having to rely on sales to being players in so we can build in my eyes, its a long process and one that the old board were not capable of.

If we had these guys running the show with the Trusts shares protected id be a very satisfied supporter indeed.

Boudebouz on 13:45 - Aug 2 with 5699 viewsraynor94

Boudebouz on 13:23 - Aug 2 by AngelRangelQS

Same here

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Boudebouz on 13:54 - Aug 2 with 5635 viewsjack247

Boudebouz on 13:33 - Aug 2 by Flashberryjack

Of course they have, but they get their 'take out' when they sell us for substantially more than they bought us for. They aren't here to asset strip, it's too much of a risk.

Only the gullible thought they were actually going to invest into the playing squad
Boudebouz on 13:59 - Aug 2 with 5603 viewsKerouac

Why can't we just sign this kid and a right-back, it's not a lot to ask for FFS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Boudebouz on 14:01 - Aug 2 with 5585 viewsE20Jack

Boudebouz on 13:59 - Aug 2 by Kerouac

Why can't we just sign this kid and a right-back, it's not a lot to ask for FFS.

Because we don't have the money to.

Boudebouz on 14:04 - Aug 2 with 5567 viewsFlashberryjack

Boudebouz on 13:54 - Aug 2 by jack247

Of course they have, but they get their 'take out' when they sell us for substantially more than they bought us for. They aren't here to asset strip, it's too much of a risk.

Only the gullible thought they were actually going to invest into the playing squad

"Only the gullible thought they were actually going to invest into the playing squad"

You'd be surprised at how many are about though.

Hello

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024