Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer market 11:27 - Aug 16 with 3773 viewsmissingmel

Yet again we are made to look like a bunch of clowns in the transfer market.

Giving it the big one saying 'We wont accept anything less than 50m' 3 Weeks later bend for 45m and only give ourselves 2 weeks to get some quality in.

Why didn't we take 45 initially and the 'new signings' could be playing this weekend instead?

Yet again the club is laughing about the deals this summer :-

Probably halved our wage bill.
40m in profit at the moment.

When are we ever going to learn!! Sold our best players last year and didn't replace them and it's going to happen again this year.. Worrying times!!!
Transfer market on 11:38 - Aug 16 with 3742 viewsjackforever

Didn't replace them?
Really?
How many fans would swap an ageing ash for Alfie now?
Ask west ham fans if Ayew is worth the money.
All fans want to see clubs get rid of the dead wood we have yet get criticism for reducing a wage bill which is far far to high.

So you know for sure we were offered 45 million a few weeks ago? You have the details of that deal? Read loyals post on this board to educate yourself on the difficulty in negotiating such a deal and how both parties had different priorities.

Answer me why every single pundit out there thinks it's a very good deal for us.

Sick and tired of ignorant so called swans fans talking complete horse shit about complex transfer negotiations they know nothing about.
Transfer market on 12:07 - Aug 16 with 3656 viewsEasternJack

Only £45M

These Americans are a bunch of mugs

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Transfer market on 12:08 - Aug 16 with 3646 viewsLoyal

I give up 😂

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Transfer market on 13:11 - Aug 16 with 3555 viewscl81227

Transfer market on 11:38 - Aug 16 by jackforever

Didn't replace them?
Really?
All fans want to see clubs get rid of the dead wood we have yet get criticism for reducing a wage bill which is far far to high.

So you know for sure we were offered 45 million a few weeks ago? You have the details of that deal? Read loyals post on this board to educate yourself on the difficulty in negotiating such a deal and how both parties had different priorities.

Answer me why every single pundit out there thinks it's a very good deal for us.

Sick and tired of ignorant so called swans fans talking complete horse shit about complex transfer negotiations they know nothing about.

Agreed, this is a potentially a very good deal for the swans, on one proviso and that us all the money gets put back into strengthening the first team. If we end up spending a fraction, then no its a poor deal. We need to spend all that just to keep pace with the poorer teams in the prem
Transfer market on 13:14 - Aug 16 with 3527 viewsJethroJack

Didn't replace them?
Really?

This ^
Spot on 👌
Transfer market on 17:08 - Aug 16 with 3307 viewsLeonWasGod

Didn't replace them?
Really?

Some people have short memories. Alfie wasn't ready when he first came in and our defence was all over the place. We were rock bottom and well on the way to conceding over 100 goals by the time PC came in. Losing Ash was a massive destabilising factor, on and off the pitch.

It took a monumental effort and some desperate January shopping to stay up. We got away with it and I'd have hoped lessons would have been learnt.

A good deal financially can be very different from a good deal for the team. This leaves the club better off but the team poorer. The next 2 weeks will tell us whether lessons have been learnt from last year or we'll try and scrape by again with a weakened team.
Transfer market on 17:20 - Aug 16 with 3257 viewsPrivate_Partz

Transfer market on 17:08 - Aug 16 by LeonWasGod

Some people have short memories. Alfie wasn't ready when he first came in and our defence was all over the place. We were rock bottom and well on the way to conceding over 100 goals by the time PC came in. Losing Ash was a massive destabilising factor, on and off the pitch.

It took a monumental effort and some desperate January shopping to stay up. We got away with it and I'd have hoped lessons would have been learnt.

A good deal financially can be very different from a good deal for the team. This leaves the club better off but the team poorer. The next 2 weeks will tell us whether lessons have been learnt from last year or we'll try and scrape by again with a weakened team.

Correct and the OP has had a lot of unnecessary stick in this respect.
The next two weeks will be very telling indeed. I hope we bring in decent replacements but I would not put my last fiver on it.
Whatever happens we are going to have to tread water until these players are signed and then brought up to speed.
Man Ure will be a massive test and I hope our GD is not going to take a pasting as that is the equivalent of a point if we are going to be in a relegation battle.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Transfer market on 17:27 - Aug 16 with 3232 viewsDr_Winston

Appointing Bradley was our defensive problem, not replacing Ash with Alfie.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Transfer market on 18:22 - Aug 16 with 3130 viewsLeonWasGod

Transfer market on 17:27 - Aug 16 by Dr_Winston

Appointing Bradley was our defensive problem, not replacing Ash with Alfie.

We were right down the bottom when Bradley came in though and still losing games (narrowly, but when you've lost your top scorer and defensive captain, and replaced them with players who take time to settle then it's always going to be difficult). I think it's very hard to argue that losing Ayew and especially Ash so close to the start of the season wasn't a major destabilising factor.

That's my view anyway. And I'm concerned we're about to do the same with Siggy, but we'll see. All depends who comes in.
Transfer market on 18:32 - Aug 16 with 3082 viewsBillyChong

Yep, Huw himself referred to Siggy as 'priceless' two months ago
Transfer market on 18:33 - Aug 16 with 3076 viewsperplex

Probably if we had asked 45 mill, we would have ended up with 40, personally I think 45 for Siggy is a good deal depending on how much of it goes back into the club and players and aslong as the powers that be do not line there pockets with to much of the sum.
Transfer market on 18:47 - Aug 16 with 2997 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I thought we'd effectively sacked all the scouts and replaced them with an American bloke with a laptop who crunches players' statistics and comes up with a shopping list?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Transfer market on 19:41 - Aug 16 with 2896 viewsjackforever

Transfer market on 18:47 - Aug 16 by Joe_bradshaw

I thought we'd effectively sacked all the scouts and replaced them with an American bloke with a laptop who crunches players' statistics and comes up with a shopping list?

And there's me thinking Alfie wasn't picked by poor managers. I remember going to the Man city game in the prawn sandwich section and speaking to a few ex and current players. Each and every one of them said they couldn't understand why alfie wasn't playing.
To suggest our calamity defense was down to Alfie not being ready is rubbish. It was simply down to clueless managers and poor selection.
Transfer market on 19:59 - Aug 16 with 2839 viewsawayjack

Yup agree it's now down to how we reinvest. Most pundits - if you've rate their views - suggest whilst it's a huge chunk of cash for commercial side, the loss of his goals, assists and PL midfield experience will make us struggle. It'll come down to how we strengthen our depleted squad. Rumours about replacing him with a £6m 'bargain basement buy' from Scotland smells of HJ doing the usual of not reinvesting transfer windfalls into the squad.
Transfer market on 20:03 - Aug 16 with 2824 viewsunion_jack

Transfer market on 19:59 - Aug 16 by awayjack

Yup agree it's now down to how we reinvest. Most pundits - if you've rate their views - suggest whilst it's a huge chunk of cash for commercial side, the loss of his goals, assists and PL midfield experience will make us struggle. It'll come down to how we strengthen our depleted squad. Rumours about replacing him with a £6m 'bargain basement buy' from Scotland smells of HJ doing the usual of not reinvesting transfer windfalls into the squad.

Well so much for having all our ducks lined up.

It's been 15 minutes since he signed and we haven't brought anyone in.

This club is a shambles!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Transfer market on 09:30 - Aug 17 with 2648 viewsawayjack

Transfer market on 20:03 - Aug 16 by union_jack

Well so much for having all our ducks lined up.

It's been 15 minutes since he signed and we haven't brought anyone in.

This club is a shambles!

Agree 15 minutes is ambitious (odd post?) but Sigy sale is hardly a surprise but we don't seem to have any advanced negotiations. We're useless at confidentiality so usually hear if a deal has been agreed 3-4 days before someone actually signs.

Multi-tasking something our Board can't seem to grasp, so as we've focused on sales our peers have strengthened their squads. Next two weeks will tell. My gut is we'll only invest £25m of our transfer profits - one marque signing for £15-£20m (like Chadli or Bony!), a prospect for £5m-£6m (the Celtic rebel!) and a loaner. Clubs that used to be our mid table peers have invested huge amounts in squads. Unless PC can work some magic, we'll be fighting with 3/4 others to avoid relegation. I'd hoped after 7 years in PL we'd have consolidated in that mid table group and improved rather than depleted our squad.
Transfer market on 13:41 - Aug 17 with 2452 viewssnork44

Transfer market on 09:30 - Aug 17 by awayjack

Agree 15 minutes is ambitious (odd post?) but Sigy sale is hardly a surprise but we don't seem to have any advanced negotiations. We're useless at confidentiality so usually hear if a deal has been agreed 3-4 days before someone actually signs.

Multi-tasking something our Board can't seem to grasp, so as we've focused on sales our peers have strengthened their squads. Next two weeks will tell. My gut is we'll only invest £25m of our transfer profits - one marque signing for £15-£20m (like Chadli or Bony!), a prospect for £5m-£6m (the Celtic rebel!) and a loaner. Clubs that used to be our mid table peers have invested huge amounts in squads. Unless PC can work some magic, we'll be fighting with 3/4 others to avoid relegation. I'd hoped after 7 years in PL we'd have consolidated in that mid table group and improved rather than depleted our squad.

It will be the same old crap. We'll sit on our hands until ten minutes to twelve on the 31st when we try and sign three players one will refuse to come , the other won't get the international clearance though the FAW in time and the other we do sign will be Falkirks reserve striker who has a lot of potential and will only cost £4.2 million pounds.

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024