Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Here, get your mind off the hurley-burley of PlanetSwans -- Music Quiz #1 03:14 - Nov 3 with 2885 viewsDavillin

Music Quiz #1. [Older folks might have a slight advantage, I know, but not as much as a music enthusiast.]

Below the Questions and Rules is a link to a well-known popular song of years gone by -- with all well-known and potentially easily-recognizable answers.

First, the questions:

1. Name of song. [1 point]

2. Name of each instrument played, with the given and family name of the person playing it. [total 8 points]

3. Name of the musical group playing the song. [1 point]

Total points possible: 10 points, plus tiebreaker if needed.

First Tiebreaker: Name of musical genre of song. [1 extra point]

Second Tiebreaker, if needed: Earliest time of posting Private Message. [1 extra point.]

Rules:

Rule 1. Only one entry per poster, posted by Private Message to Davillin, for entry security.

Rule 2. If you post more than one entry, only the first one [in time] will be recognized.

Rule 3. Spelling of answers must be close enough to be easily recognized without guesswork on my part.

Rule 4. Entry period ends at 10 p.m., Friday, 3 November, Swansea time [6 p.m. U.S. Eastern Time].

Here it is:

http://www.davillin.info/Quiz.mp3

Special Hint: If the lyrics were sung, the title would appear for the first time at about 19-20 seconds in.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2017 3:23]

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Here, get your mind off the hurley-burley of PlanetSwans -- Music Quiz #1 on 16:55 - Nov 3 with 2822 viewsDavillin

5 hours to go on this Quiz.

Here, get your mind off the hurley-burley of PlanetSwans -- Music Quiz #1 on 16:59 - Nov 3 with 2820 viewsLohengrin

Here, get your mind off the hurley-burley of PlanetSwans -- Music Quiz #1 on 16:55 - Nov 3 by Davillin

5 hours to go on this Quiz.

I've only just read this, Dav. I'm on my way out the door for work but it's Benny Goodman.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The winner of- Music Quiz #1 on 00:56 - Nov 4 with 2752 viewsDavillin

First, congratulations to our Quiz #1 winner, Muteswan, who came in with a perfect score of 10 (plus both tiebreakers, which he didn't need). Well done also to Ploppy, for his second place score of 9.

The correct answers:

1. The name of the song is "Sweet Sue" and sometimes "Sweet Sue, Just You," although for me the former is all I needed, as that's how I have always remembered it.

2. Benny Goodman on Clarinet; Gene Krupa on drums; Teddy Wilson on piano, and Lionel Hampton on vibes (or also known as vibraphones) -- all of them among the most famous musicians.

3. The group is The Benny Goodman Quartet, which is important because he appeared and recorded also as the Benny Goodman Sextet and the Benny Goodman Orchestra.

4. The musical genre is Jazz.

I'm working on some more Music Quizzes, hopefully for the Friday before a game, or before the dreaded International Break. I plan to use different genre, in as broad a spectrum as possible.

Thanks to all who entered. Join us next time.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024