Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tidal lagoon 18:41 - Dec 19 with 26006 viewsNogginthenog

Finished by the looks.
Tidal lagoon on 10:37 - May 27 with 3281 viewsDr_Winston

Good work by Private Eye. Further evidence that the whole thing is a massive carve up. Kill this nonsense now!

CC: Western Mail / Evening Post. This is what journalism looks like.

http://www.private-eye.co.uk/issue-1470/news

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Tidal lagoon on 12:15 - May 27 with 3217 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Tidal lagoon on 10:37 - May 27 by Dr_Winston

Good work by Private Eye. Further evidence that the whole thing is a massive carve up. Kill this nonsense now!

Why are the people of Swansea so gullible? It saddens me.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Tidal lagoon on 11:32 - Jun 1 with 3021 viewsJonathans_coat

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-44329668

Jim Pickard, reporter for the Financial Times, told BBC Radio Wales on Friday: "My understanding is that the announcement is likely to come next week, although these things can always be delayed.
"And what I was originally told two weeks ago by someone very senior in government is that they had taken a decision that they would not proceed with giving any subsidies to the Swansea Bay project.
"That's not to say that they will... I mean they'll probably say we do like tidal power, but we're unable and unprepared to give subsidies to the scheme at the level that they're requesting.
"They didn't want to just deliver a single piece of bad news so they're trying to wrap it up with some good news for Wales in terms of low carbon energy.
"And that's why I think we'll hear about Swansea at the same time that we'll hear about Wylfa nuclear power station on Anglesey."

If true, another huge kick in the cajones for Swansea. I think after the u-turn on rail electrification and now this, it’s pretty clear that the Tory UK gov gives not one steaming S**t about Swansea as they are never going to get votes from us. To make it worse the WAG doesn’t care because the Labour gov is always going to win in Swansea. Frankly it’s a f*****g disgrace!

I’ve never been 100% convinced by the lagoon, but I support it as a huge amount of other (better) developments and investments seem to depend on it going ahead. You just watch the much bigger and more expensive one get built in Cardiff bay, I’d put my f*****g house on it!
[Post edited 1 Jun 2018 11:33]
Tidal lagoon on 11:52 - Jun 1 with 2985 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Tidal lagoon on 11:32 - Jun 1 by Jonathans_coat

Jim Pickard, reporter for the Financial Times, told BBC Radio Wales on Friday: "My understanding is that the announcement is likely to come next week, although these things can always be delayed.
"And what I was originally told two weeks ago by someone very senior in government is that they had taken a decision that they would not proceed with giving any subsidies to the Swansea Bay project.
"That's not to say that they will... I mean they'll probably say we do like tidal power, but we're unable and unprepared to give subsidies to the scheme at the level that they're requesting.
"They didn't want to just deliver a single piece of bad news so they're trying to wrap it up with some good news for Wales in terms of low carbon energy.
"And that's why I think we'll hear about Swansea at the same time that we'll hear about Wylfa nuclear power station on Anglesey."

If true, another huge kick in the cajones for Swansea. I think after the u-turn on rail electrification and now this, it’s pretty clear that the Tory UK gov gives not one steaming S**t about Swansea as they are never going to get votes from us. To make it worse the WAG doesn’t care because the Labour gov is always going to win in Swansea. Frankly it’s a f*****g disgrace!

I’ve never been 100% convinced by the lagoon, but I support it as a huge amount of other (better) developments and investments seem to depend on it going ahead. You just watch the much bigger and more expensive one get built in Cardiff bay, I’d put my f*****g house on it!

I’d say that about sums it up

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Tidal lagoon on 12:08 - Jun 1 with 2964 viewsDr_Winston

The tidal lagoon is an absolute carve up that only provided guarantees of enrichment to the people building it. I'd have serious doubts about any government, of whatever persuasion, who gave the green light to it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Tidal lagoon on 12:09 - Jun 1 with 2961 viewsexhmrc1

Tidal lagoon on 11:32 - Jun 1 by Jonathans_coat

Interesting how they support it before the general election and not after. Wonder why. Could it to be they no longer have Gower to try and win.
Tidal lagoon on 12:27 - Jun 1 with 2936 viewsAce_Jack

Tidal lagoon on 12:09 - Jun 1 by exhmrc1

Interesting how they support it before the general election and not after. Wonder why. Could it to be they no longer have Gower to try and win.

They promised the investment before the election, lost the seat and then subsequently cancelled all the proposals. Whats an even bigger kick in the teeth is they are expected to give the go ahead to a controversial nuclear power station in Ynys Mon instead.

Cardiff Bay even offered to help the UK government cover the cost of the lagoon. It's not going to happen so why did they string the whole thing out for so long?
Tidal lagoon on 12:29 - Jun 1 with 2929 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Tidal lagoon on 12:27 - Jun 1 by Ace_Jack

They promised the investment before the election, lost the seat and then subsequently cancelled all the proposals. Whats an even bigger kick in the teeth is they are expected to give the go ahead to a controversial nuclear power station in Ynys Mon instead.

Cardiff Bay even offered to help the UK government cover the cost of the lagoon. It's not going to happen so why did they string the whole thing out for so long?

Indeed
Have you not seen these c@nts in power the last 8 years .😉

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Login to get fewer ads

Tidal lagoon on 12:31 - Jun 1 with 2924 viewsexhmrc1

Tidal lagoon on 12:27 - Jun 1 by Ace_Jack

Also May's Clydach Lapdog the Cardiff Secretary who has yet again failed to support his home city
Tidal lagoon on 13:11 - Jun 1 with 2868 viewsAguycalledJack

Was always going to be the case. How's the city centre development going?
Tidal lagoon on 13:16 - Jun 1 with 2862 viewsvetchonian

This is something the whole of Wales not just Swansea will need to get used to post Brexit.

People have ignored the fact so much of the invest ment in South Wales particularly over the past 40 years has come from EU funding.Those pro Brexit will argue that the British government will now have more funds due to not paying the EU so this will be available.....it probably will but will be spend as usual in the South East of England and we will see the Welsh economy and investment returning to the 1950s but without the coalminews and other industries which fueled the valleys. Cardiff too will start to see a strangle hold on the monies supplied from Westminster .....resulting in fewer projects but ensuring the bulk of funds are spent in the "capital".

I am glad I am of a "certain age" .......I wonder how in the future this country will be able to power itself as our reliance on electricity increases, our lifestyles are driven by electrical devices which either require recharging or mains power to run. We are being pushed towards Electric vehicles pray where will the power come from now we are shutting down fossil fule stations, Wind and solar power are not the fulll answer and rely on certain conditions ot allow them to work.....I could go on .....we as a nation are no longer in control of our own energy reliant on the import of gas from Asia and Russia,energy com panies owned by foreigners such as the French but hey ho we are "great Britain" we dont need any one else......I fear the future of this country....and am glad I have no children as they have noting to look forward too......not even Premier league football

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Tidal lagoon on 13:25 - Jun 1 with 2847 viewsBadlands

Wales ends East of Bridgend.
This would have been the biggest employment opportunity and guaranteed long term producer of energy (cheap over the lifetime the project) and be a draw for the area.
Yet again, like the electrification of the line from London, we've been shafted.
As Vetchonian pointed out - after Brexit and when May has her power-grab (supported by the Welsh Government) this part of the UK is once again going to be one of the poorest in the G7)
Premier League football??? Dream on. At least Newport isn't far.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Tidal lagoon on 13:42 - Jun 1 with 2828 viewsmoonie

So,it seems the idea is rubbished based on opinion and perceptions

There are no definitive facts as to what could happen, so if in doubt,kill it in case .

Jobs? Who knows . You might think but you do not know jackshit about jobs that would be created .

Gullible ,says dwight. Probably right
Tidal lagoon on 13:54 - Jun 1 with 2813 viewsJonathans_coat

Tidal lagoon on 12:15 - May 27 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Maybe gullible to believe that the UK gov or WAG would invest in a multi-million pound development in Swansea. Nothing but bluster, bullshit and broken promises. It f*****g stinks.
Tidal lagoon on 14:00 - Jun 1 with 2800 viewsmoonie

Indeed it does JC

Imagine a Swansea project providing cheap power for the whole city putting it the forefront for future schemes .

A scheme ridiculed by locals and shelved by a clueless government

That s gullible
Tidal lagoon on 14:32 - Jun 1 with 2773 viewspeenemunde

Tidal lagoon on 14:00 - Jun 1 by moonie

Indeed it does JC

Imagine a Swansea project providing cheap power for the whole city putting it the forefront for future schemes .

A scheme ridiculed by locals and shelved by a clueless government

That s gullible

That’s the Welsh for you.
Hundreds of jobs during construction and all the benefits that would bring.
The mentality in this part of the world is shocking.
Tidal lagoon on 15:51 - Jun 1 with 2732 viewsvetchonian

Tidal lagoon on 14:32 - Jun 1 by peenemunde

That’s the Welsh for you.
Hundreds of jobs during construction and all the benefits that would bring.
The mentality in this part of the world is shocking.

Plus the nimby's objected

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Tidal lagoon on 17:04 - Jun 1 with 2694 viewsmoonie

Don't slag off Swansea mun or you get Dave Huw,trampie, and lovely Lifey all ripping you.

The future is something that should be treasured not feared

Sadly, unquestionably , Swansea ,with all due respect to exhmrc ,seems reluctant to go for anything that could possibly be brave and successful. Reading Winstons crap made me want to spew profanities . It's ok if you're settled,have a good job, investments and able to walk Gower when you feel like. Pity the poor kids in dead end jobs down there.

Fookn go for it Swansea .Anything. Do something ,as this supine government should .

Don't let it die
Tidal lagoon on 17:40 - Jun 1 with 2657 viewsWingstandwood

Tidal lagoon on 17:04 - Jun 1 by moonie

Don't slag off Swansea mun or you get Dave Huw,trampie, and lovely Lifey all ripping you.

Sadly, unquestionably , Swansea ,with all due respect to exhmrc ,seems reluctant to go for anything that could possibly be brave and successful. Reading Winstons crap made me want to spew profanities . It's ok if you're settled,have a good job, investments and able to walk Gower when you feel like. Pity the poor kids in dead end jobs down there.

Fookn go for it Swansea .Anything. Do something ,as this supine government should .

Don't let it die

The future prospects for Swansea/SW Wales kids gets worse, worse and even worse by every passing year! Many now have to move away to get themselves any hope of a future.

Sorry to repeat myself here i.e. Wales has a transport network (impartial ITV Wales current affairs reporting) that belongs to the 1960's. Inward investment, wages, job security, people's futures (according to expert opinion(s)) have fallen victim to decades of both Labour, Conservative government neglect in both Westminster and WAG. SHAMEFUL! No decent transport system ='s no decent economy or jobs!

So we're all being punished down these parts i.e. Tories don't take kindly to Labour heartlands with past links to heavy industry, mines and left wing union loyalty. And Labour? Seem's to have a keep people poor keep people voting Labour agenda. Rock and a hard place destruction i.e. WAG with its Cardiff bias/centric agenda and Westminster pursuing the same agenda.

Argus!

Tidal lagoon on 17:50 - Jun 1 with 2638 viewspeenemunde

Don't let it die

Well said.
Someone else will build it and it’ll be a massive success.
Tidal lagoon on 17:54 - Jun 1 with 2636 viewsLeonWasGod

Tidal lagoon on 12:15 - May 27 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Not knowing about the developer’s dealing with a Cornish council is hardly gullable. You probably wouldn’t have known either until seeing that article.
Tidal lagoon on 17:57 - Jun 1 with 2631 viewsLeonWasGod

Tidal lagoon on 12:08 - Jun 1 by Dr_Winston

The tidal lagoon is an absolute carve up that only provided guarantees of enrichment to the people building it. I'd have serious doubts about any government, of whatever persuasion, who gave the green light to it.

Which is fair enough. I’m fully supportive of the technology; it’s madness that we aren’t pretty much self sufficient on tidal already given the humungous coastline and large tidal ranges in the UK. But it has to be sensible financially. These should be large public schemes.
Tidal lagoon on 18:43 - Jun 1 with 2599 viewslifelong

Don't let it die

If you care so much for Swansea why didn’t you remain here and attempt to make the area better?

No.. you decided to feck off and sit on your high horse and pour scorn on it’s people and area ever since. You sad Kunt.

There’s lovely for you.
Tidal lagoon on 19:03 - Jun 1 with 2570 viewsmoonie

So those against the idea will be grateful to a Tory boy vile scum government .

Or the fact this govt looking like it's going to bin the idea may be a result of the hatred South Wales has for Tory scum vile bastards so they might be enjoying kicking Swansea in the guts.

One thing for sure, if there was similar tide in south east England which would provide electricity for a major s/ town,this would be getting built .

It's in Swansea ,a labour stronghold ,having inate hatred of everthing Tory . I just hope ,but doubt that s not he reason
Tidal lagoon on 19:16 - Jun 1 with 2554 viewsjack2jack

Tidal lagoon on 10:37 - May 27 by Dr_Winston

This 100%
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024